The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Better Rewards for Grand Overlord

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad the rewards aren't better because we don't need more PVE passengers in Cyrodiil -- who would, as we've seen in past events, begin to demand things be changed to suit them better.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I'm glad the rewards aren't better because we don't need more PVE passengers in Cyrodiil -- who would, as we've seen in past events, begin to demand things be changed to suit them better.

At this rate we NEED that. I fight the same people almost everyday.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Sylosi wrote: »
    Koolio wrote: »
    Scroll for your houses. Best thing ever.

And nothing for you know Pvp. I also have to buy those with Ap.

You get an older scroll for your house with AP. And that is the only way to get this item. And I promise you....a lot of people want this and will never get it. Good enough for me.

Imagine that you completed the new 4 man arena and could then buy the weapon they chose for 100k gold.

Now imagine if it took a straight year of that arena to get that opportunity

Imagine actual gamers who played the game for fun gameplay rather than the Skinner Box zombies who play for shiny things and who are a cancer on gaming.

There is nothing wrong about having a competitive spirit.

If you think the Skinner Box zombies that most players are in MMORPGs are a bastion of competitive spirit then you need to think again.

Furthermore people bothered about gameplay are naturally more concerned with competition, because the two go hand-in-hand, eg. you can't have good PVP gameplay without it being competitive to a meaningful extent.
    Edited by Sylosi on October 30, 2018 2:05AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AvA rank should not give anything for players,
    I know many max lvl in AvA who are really bad at the game, and all they do is zerging.
    Why should a zerger get more rewards than a skilled player?
    Edited by amir412 on October 30, 2018 8:57AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as PVE player at lvl 50 CP160 and maxed out, you don´t get anything more awesome loot then before!
    you are just a Grandoverlord, and as I remember well I killed you sunday night^^, nothing special to await there!

and no reason why that should be changed.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos doesnt care pvp.

ESO is all about PvP, all nerfs and "balancing" due to PvP-matters ;)
    Edited by Azurya on October 30, 2018 9:03AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    as PVE player at lvl 50 CP160 and maxed out, you don´t get anything more awesome loot then before!
    you are just a Grandoverlord, and as I remember well I killed you sunday night^^, nothing special to await there!

This is not about a) Loot, b) how hard anyone is to kill, but c) about GO being the end achievement for PvP progress.

PvE gets all the shinies - skins, polymorphs, motif pages. GOs get a title, a dye and a scroll replica. Doesn’t sound really fair. At least they could do a decent costume or something.
    Edited by Feanor on October 30, 2018 9:32AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Scroll for your houses. Best thing ever.

And nothing for you know Pvp. I also have to buy those with Ap.

You get an older scroll for your house with AP. And that is the only way to get this item. And I promise you....a lot of people want this and will never get it. Good enough for me.

Imagine that you completed the new 4 man arena and could then buy the weapon they chose for 100k gold.

Now imagine if it took a straight year of that arena to get that opportunity

Imagine actual gamers who played the game for fun gameplay rather than the Skinner Box zombies who play for shiny things and who are a cancer on gaming.

There is nothing wrong about having a competitive spirit.

If you think the Skinner Box zombies that most players are in MMORPGs are a bastion of competitive spirit then you need to think again.

Furthermore people bothered about gameplay are naturally more concerned with competition, because the two go hand-in-hand, eg. you can't have good PVP gameplay without it being competitive to a meaningful extent.

I am just saying that there is nothing wrong in people who got a Grand overlord asking for a better reward than a title or a dye. An achievement that takes from half a year to 5year+ to achieve, no matter if zerging or small scalling should be more rewarding than that imo. It is a lot of time investment and a good way to distinguish your time investment / management into the game. If you don't care about rewards, good for you.

A considerable amount of players do and there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to respect that.
    Edited by frozywozy on October 30, 2018 10:55AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

and no reason why that should be changed.

Did you just compare getting lvl50 (something I did in one night farming 250dolmens while watching netflix) with the time it takes to get the rank of Grand Overlord in a range going from half a year to 5 years for some players?
    Edited by frozywozy on October 30, 2018 10:57AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the days GO didn't even get the 5th star on the rank. You litteraly got nothing but a dye.

That proper sucked
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give ar50 players who also have the emperor costume a helmet that matches the emp costume and has a sick ass cape on it

please
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Give tiered rewards based on your rank. For example: An accessory every new rank. A mount every 10. A polymorph every 25.

Give players the inspiration to pvp and rank up.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    Give tiered rewards based on your rank. For example: An accessory every new rank. A mount every 10. A polymorph every 25.

Interesting idea. If they do this however, I hope it’s not like the way they set up giving out rewards for leveling and obtaining the other storage chest.

I really don’t have it in me to start leveling another character in alliance for new goodies every ten or so ranks.
    Hopefully, they’d consider the amount of time it’s taken many of us already.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not even a grand overlord and can completely agree. It's ridiciulous tbh. End game PVE rewards dominate over end game PVP rewards in nearly every single way. PVE is on it's um-teenth cool flashy skin while PVP never even got a single one.

The itemization, the incentives for this PVP ranking system are literally close to nothing. A title, and a color in exchange for 65 MILLION AP. Oh, and don't forget that you now are a walking achievement for others. Isn't that so fun and rewarding??
    Edited by Jules on October 31, 2018 11:28PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Sacredx wrote: »

Interesting idea. If they do this however, I hope it’s not like the way they set up giving out rewards for leveling and obtaining the other storage chest.

I really don’t have it in me to start leveling another character in alliance for new goodies every ten or so ranks.
    Hopefully, they’d consider the amount of time it’s taken many of us already.

Yes, it should be retroactive (applied to existing chars). And tbh pvp ranks should be account based not char based. It makes no sense why a new char starts at rank 1 when the player could already have years of experience and be an expert at pvp. The current rank system has no meaning.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    doesn't need a better reward its just a general title that is worthless; you don't need to be a good player to get it
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    doesn't need a better reward its just a general title that is worthless; you don't need to be a good player to get it

I just feel as it should be rewarding enough to keep people playing PvP or bring new people into PvP because it actually worth it.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't need to be a good player to get any of the pve titles and skins, you just need to have enough gold to buy a group to carry you for the achievements.

Can't do that with PVP.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Methinks if you get too many shiny things gaining GO even more people will farm their friends to get it. Would be as bad as Emp trading and all they get now is a title and a dye.