Maintenance for the week of June 17:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 17, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Better Rewards for Grand Overlord

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad the rewards aren't better because we don't need more PVE passengers in Cyrodiil -- who would, as we've seen in past events, begin to demand things be changed to suit them better.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
    pvp videos: eso zyk on youtube
    enjin profile
    I played Brutus at school once, and I was the one everybody stabbed
    lives · lived · will live - dies · died · will die
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I'm glad the rewards aren't better because we don't need more PVE passengers in Cyrodiil -- who would, as we've seen in past events, begin to demand things be changed to suit them better.

At this rate we NEED that. I fight the same people almost everyday.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Sylosi wrote: »
    Koolio wrote: »
    Scroll for your houses. Best thing ever.

And nothing for you know Pvp. I also have to buy those with Ap.

You get an older scroll for your house with AP. And that is the only way to get this item. And I promise you....a lot of people want this and will never get it. Good enough for me.

Imagine that you completed the new 4 man arena and could then buy the weapon they chose for 100k gold.

Now imagine if it took a straight year of that arena to get that opportunity

Imagine actual gamers who played the game for fun gameplay rather than the Skinner Box zombies who play for shiny things and who are a cancer on gaming.

There is nothing wrong about having a competitive spirit.

If you think the Skinner Box zombies that most players are in MMORPGs are a bastion of competitive spirit then you need to think again.

Furthermore people bothered about gameplay are naturally more concerned with competition, because the two go hand-in-hand, eg. you can't have good PVP gameplay without it being competitive to a meaningful extent.
    Edited by Sylosi on October 30, 2018 2:05AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AvA rank should not give anything for players,
    I know many max lvl in AvA who are really bad at the game, and all they do is zerging.
    Why should a zerger get more rewards than a skilled player?
    Edited by amir412 on October 30, 2018 8:57AM
    PC | EU | AD |Veteran Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1020 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as PVE player at lvl 50 CP160 and maxed out, you don´t get anything more awesome loot then before!
    you are just a Grandoverlord, and as I remember well I killed you sunday night^^, nothing special to await there!

and no reason why that should be changed.
    Fear not, for I am watchful. You have been chosen.
    Azura, the Daedric Prince of Moonshadow, Mother of the Rose, and Queen of the Night Sky

Hail to Sithis, blood's drop on blade's edge.
    Before you, nothing. Behind you, the Void.
    Catalyst, agitator, many-fanged maw.
    Whisper your need to the Scales.
    — Inscription found on an Argonian blade
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos doesnt care pvp.

ESO is all about PvP, all nerfs and "balancing" due to PvP-matters ;)
    Edited by Azurya on October 30, 2018 9:03AM
    Fear not, for I am watchful. You have been chosen.
    Azura, the Daedric Prince of Moonshadow, Mother of the Rose, and Queen of the Night Sky

Hail to Sithis, blood's drop on blade's edge.
    Before you, nothing. Behind you, the Void.
    Catalyst, agitator, many-fanged maw.
    Whisper your need to the Scales.
    — Inscription found on an Argonian blade
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Scroll for your houses. Best thing ever.

And nothing for you know Pvp. I also have to buy those with Ap.

You get an older scroll for your house with AP. And that is the only way to get this item. And I promise you....a lot of people want this and will never get it. Good enough for me.

Imagine that you completed the new 4 man arena and could then buy the weapon they chose for 100k gold.

Now imagine if it took a straight year of that arena to get that opportunity

Imagine actual gamers who played the game for fun gameplay rather than the Skinner Box zombies who play for shiny things and who are a cancer on gaming.

There is nothing wrong about having a competitive spirit.

If you think the Skinner Box zombies that most players are in MMORPGs are a bastion of competitive spirit then you need to think again.

Furthermore people bothered about gameplay are naturally more concerned with competition, because the two go hand-in-hand, eg. you can't have good PVP gameplay without it being competitive to a meaningful extent.

I am just saying that there is nothing wrong in people who got a Grand overlord asking for a better reward than a title or a dye. An achievement that takes from half a year to 5year+ to achieve, no matter if zerging or small scalling should be more rewarding than that imo. It is a lot of time investment and a good way to distinguish your time investment / management into the game. If you don't care about rewards, good for you.

A considerable amount of players do and there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to respect that.
    Edited by frozywozy on October 30, 2018 10:55AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR30
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR14
    www.twitch.tv/frozyeso
    In the end.. EP WINS!!!
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Change Retreating Maneuvers to apply only to 12 players and give it the Streak treatment
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Increase Forward Momentum snare immunity duration to 8 seconds
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Add an escape move to templars other than mist form
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack
    • Make snares only available from ground effects
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Wtb dynamic population
    • Fix long loading screens
    • Bring ResSickness
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix server lag
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    as PVE player at lvl 50 CP160 and maxed out, you don´t get anything more awesome loot then before!
    you are just a Grandoverlord, and as I remember well I killed you sunday night^^, nothing special to await there!

and no reason why that should be changed.

Did you just compare getting lvl50 (something I did in one night farming 250dolmens while watching netflix) with the time it takes to get the rank of Grand Overlord in a range going from half a year to 5 years for some players?
    Edited by frozywozy on October 30, 2018 10:57AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR30
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR14
    www.twitch.tv/frozyeso
    In the end.. EP WINS!!!
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Change Retreating Maneuvers to apply only to 12 players and give it the Streak treatment
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Increase Forward Momentum snare immunity duration to 8 seconds
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Add an escape move to templars other than mist form
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack
    • Make snares only available from ground effects
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Wtb dynamic population
    • Fix long loading screens
    • Bring ResSickness
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix server lag
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the days GO didn't even get the 5th star on the rank. You litteraly got nothing but a dye.

That proper sucked
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    http://www.exile-corp.com
    http://www.twitch.tv/exileabraxus
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Liam12548
    Liam12548
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give ar50 players who also have the emperor costume a helmet that matches the emp costume and has a sick ass cape on it

please
    React Faster - XB NA - Solo & Small scale PvP player

1400+ CP

Characters (All AP earned Solo or in groups smaller than 5/BG's)
    Heal R - AD Orc Templar - AR 50
    Flee's - AD Orc Blade - AR 35 - Played as both mag and stam
    Or Sorc - AD Orc Sorcerer - AR 36 - Played as both mag and stam
    Bearenstein - AD Nord Warden - AR 26 - Played as both mag and stam
    Heel'Ar - AD Nord Dragonknight - AR 25
    Your Dad's Dad - AD Breton Dragonknight - AR 23
    Second Class Citizen - DC Breton Templar - AR 25

PvE
    45k DSA 2 dps 1 heal 1 tank
    60k vBRP 2dps 1 heal 1 tank
    Trashcan stamNB in V/O & spriggans - 50k DPS

Content
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Give tiered rewards based on your rank. For example: An accessory every new rank. A mount every 10. A polymorph every 25.

Give players the inspiration to pvp and rank up.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    Give tiered rewards based on your rank. For example: An accessory every new rank. A mount every 10. A polymorph every 25.

Interesting idea. If they do this however, I hope it’s not like the way they set up giving out rewards for leveling and obtaining the other storage chest.

I really don’t have it in me to start leveling another character in alliance for new goodies every ten or so ranks.
    Hopefully, they’d consider the amount of time it’s taken many of us already.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not even a grand overlord and can completely agree. It's ridiciulous tbh. End game PVE rewards dominate over end game PVP rewards in nearly every single way. PVE is on it's um-teenth cool flashy skin while PVP never even got a single one.

The itemization, the incentives for this PVP ranking system are literally close to nothing. A title, and a color in exchange for 65 MILLION AP. Oh, and don't forget that you now are a walking achievement for others. Isn't that so fun and rewarding??
    Edited by Jules on October 31, 2018 11:28PM
    JULES | PC NA | PHALANX
    Faction Lock is Oppressive AF.

UserID- Juies || Youtube || Twitch || Twitter
    EP - Jules . Joules . Family Jules . Juleanos . Julary . Juliet
    DC - Juzie . Juri . Julsie . Jules . Jukes
    AD - Ju Jitsu . Julmanji. Jubaited . Joy

Rest In Peace G
    Viva La Adamant
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Sacredx wrote: »

Interesting idea. If they do this however, I hope it’s not like the way they set up giving out rewards for leveling and obtaining the other storage chest.

I really don’t have it in me to start leveling another character in alliance for new goodies every ten or so ranks.
    Hopefully, they’d consider the amount of time it’s taken many of us already.

Yes, it should be retroactive (applied to existing chars). And tbh pvp ranks should be account based not char based. It makes no sense why a new char starts at rank 1 when the player could already have years of experience and be an expert at pvp. The current rank system has no meaning.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    doesn't need a better reward its just a general title that is worthless; you don't need to be a good player to get it
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    doesn't need a better reward its just a general title that is worthless; you don't need to be a good player to get it

I just feel as it should be rewarding enough to keep people playing PvP or bring new people into PvP because it actually worth it.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't need to be a good player to get any of the pve titles and skins, you just need to have enough gold to buy a group to carry you for the achievements.

Can't do that with PVP.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Methinks if you get too many shiny things gaining GO even more people will farm their friends to get it. Would be as bad as Emp trading and all they get now is a title and a dye.