The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Bleed Adjustment for PVP

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make all the bleeds normal physical dots. If you want to bypass resistances stack penetration, so you have to build for it instead of getting it free by virtue of rolling the blessed spec.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these requests for nerfs to bleeds just goes to show stam is overperforming... especially heavy stam. But hey let's nerf light armor in to oblivion. Bloody brilliant ZOS.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    The only change would be buff Impen traits a tad so less people don't have to ride the trans/impreg wave (or add crit resistance to battlespirit for the newer players/older players looking for build freedom).

Otherwise, you all have entirely too little crit resists+percentage based mitigation and not enough hots.

I was going to say maybe address hiw string crits are and the reason crit resist is so important in PVP, but just adding something in battle spirit would probably be easier. I mean , crit resistance necessity is often a pain point for new to pvp players who have no idea and get face planted in a global.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    All these requests for nerfs to bleeds just goes to show stam is overperforming... especially heavy stam. But hey let's nerf light armor in to oblivion. Bloody brilliant ZOS.

"All the year long requests for nerfs to shields just showed mag was overperforming... especially shield stacking mag sorcs".

See what I did there? Seems like the nerf train isn't a great indicator on what is or what is not overperforming.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"All the year long requests for nerfs to shields just showed mag was overperforming... especially shield stacking mag sorcs".

See what I did there? Seems like the nerf train isn't a great indicator on what is or what is not overperforming.

There wasn't that many actually seeing that most people figured out how to handle shields in 2015.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on October 20, 2018 4:55PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There wasn't that many actually seeing that most people figured out how to handle shields in 2015.

Are you sure about that? I saw "nerf sorcs, nerf shields" threads and comments every day before this pts.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure about that? I saw "nerf sorcs, nerf shields" threads and comments every day before this pts.

The biggest outcry was back during summerset because of runecage. Of course you have like three people making weekly nerf shield threads but that's the forums for you.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    I like bleeds as they counter the crappy heavy armour meta we have.

Then, give light armor a passive to mitigate the bleeding cancer

- - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldul wrote: »
    I like bleeds as they counter the crappy heavy armour meta we have.

Then, give light armor a passive to mitigate the bleeding cancer

It was called shields but Zos completely borked that.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as healing is as strong as it is and abilities like Guard exist, you can't just look at bleeds in a vacuum. Stamsorcs, Stamplars, and WW all rely on bleeds to be competitive. And there are DoT builds with just as good pressure as bleed builds. Magicka builds too. If you don't believe me, PM me and duel my magplar. PC/NA same @ name as forum account. With all the insane healing there is you need bleeds paired with defile. And even then fights can drag out for a long time. Quit crying, can't believe this thread is still going on this far.

Nope you relay on bleeds to get easy kills. Somehow there are stamina players that are able to stay competitive without bleeds, while the ones that are using builds simply melt everything on their way. It's not balance when one mechanic is superior vs everyone. There is no reason to not use bleeds as a stamina player because it's most effective tactic, deals massive amounts of damage, it's easy to sustain, has just two counters which are way more expensive than bleeds on their own.

I would be fine with bleeds if we would have cheaper or more reliable counters, like 4s bleeds resistance (both stam and magicka morph) that reduces damage of bleeds by 50%, or even better, implement passive ressistances to bleeds for each piece of medium and light armor worn. This would actually make bleeds as they were ment to be: HA killers, while making them less efficient vs the ones that are the squishiest ones.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    As long as healing is as strong as it is and abilities like Guard exist, you can't just look at bleeds in a vacuum. Stamsorcs, Stamplars, and WW all rely on bleeds to be competitive. And there are DoT builds with just as good pressure as bleed builds. Magicka builds too. If you don't believe me, PM me and duel my magplar. PC/NA same @ name as forum account. With all the insane healing there is you need bleeds paired with defile. And even then fights can drag out for a long time. Quit crying, can't believe this thread is still going on this far.

Nope you relay on bleeds to get easy kills. Somehow there are stamina players that are able to stay competitive without bleeds, while the ones that are using builds simply melt everything on their way. It's not balance when one mechanic is superior vs everyone. There is no reason to not use bleeds as a stamina player because it's most effective tactic, deals massive amounts of damage, it's easy to sustain, has just two counters which are way more expensive than bleeds on their own.

I would be fine with bleeds if we would have cheaper or more reliable counters, like 4s bleeds resistance (both stam and magicka morph) that reduces damage of bleeds by 50%, or even better, implement passive ressistances to bleeds for each piece of medium and light armor worn. This would actually make bleeds as they were ment to be: HA killers, while making them less efficient vs the ones that are the squishiest ones.

After maining werewolf in PvP for several patches I can assure that that they´re barely (I say barely because I could still make it work) viable without their bleed. Making a global change that affects all kind of bleed damage would make werewolf more or less a pure role-play option.

And giving light/medium armor a passive reduction against bleed damage is not going to solve anything. If build correctly you can be as tanky in light/medium armor as in heavy, without sacrificing either damage or sustain while doing so.

If you want to adjust bleeds, take a look at what sources of bleeds you find overperforming. A good start would probably be too lower the tooltips of the bleeds from Heavy Weapons and Twin Blade and Blunt passives.