The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bleed Adjustment for PVP

Rukzadlithau
Rukzadlithau
✭✭✭✭
Bleeds ignore resistances and thus are the 2. most effective source of PVP damage, only being mitigated by Minor/Major Protection (and other % based mitigation) and partially by Critical Resistance. Only Oblivion damage is stronger.

With the adjustments to damage shields, so that they are now takeing resistances into account, already overperformant bleeds will yet again be too commonly (ab)used in PVP.

I think a 33% damage reduction to skill/passive applied bleeds should keep them in check and would keep them „special“ due to their resistance ignoring nature.

/e
The chance to apply passive bleeds could be slightly increased to make up for the „nerf“.
Buzo wrote: »
Twin Slashes tooltip is still too high for an almost unmitigateable source of damage. Bleed damage on it should be reduced. Rending Slashes should lose the snare and have it’s burst damage component increased. Bloodcraze should apply Minor Life Steal ontop of it‘s heal.

The damage loss from Twin Slashes bleed can be moved to the burst component (mitigateable damage) of the Rending Slashes morph, to not affect PvE dps where Npc‘s usually are penetrated to 0 anyways.
Edited by Rukzadlithau on October 10, 2018 10:09AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you nerf they by 40% the fact they igmore armour is pointless, better off using other dots.

I like bleeds as they counter the crappy heavy armour meta we have.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds are needed to fight Heavy armor builds with high damage.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you nerf they by 40% the fact they igmore armour is pointless, better off using other dots.

How exactly is using other dot‘s better against builds that specifically build on resistances for example? And let‘s say it gets reduced by 33% a 9000 Bloodcraze tooltip will now deal ~6000 damage and can still be elevated to 10500 by the flat increase from Master DW.

Bleeds are mainly used by heavy armor builds with high damage.
    Edited by Rukzadlithau on September 23, 2018 4:11AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first issue with reducing the damage of bleeds is it makes those same skills pretty useless in PvE. There is that half of the game.

So the answer is to only reduce their damage in PvP. To that, it is clear Zos does not want to create different rules for skills in PvP vs PvE. They have stated that much very clearly.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The first issue with reducing the damage of bleeds is it makes those same skills pretty useless in PvE. There is that half of the game.

So the answer is to only reduce their damage in PvP. To that, it is clear Zos does not want to create different rules for skills in PvP vs PvE. They have stated that much very clearly.

Again, the targetted reductions puts this nowhere near „uselessness“ wether in PVE and especially not in PVP. The potential DPS loss in PVE could be dampened by furtherly increasing the direct damage portion on the Twin Slashes morph for example.
    Edited by Rukzadlithau on September 23, 2018 4:19AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would just remove the bleed from axes and battle axes and change it to something else. Give it crit damage. Then we have an option to kill light armor targets. We shouldnt have 2 weapon types designed to kill tanks.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 23, 2018 3:59AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have heavy armor meta because there is so much overpowered damage like bleeds in pvp right now (and medium could do with losing the stealth passive and getting someone decent tbh) And they counter everything, it's not like they are doing 0 damage to me if i go medium, at least in heavy I get some extra healing recieved to counter them a small bit more.

And the funny thing is that bleeds work best in tanky heavy armor setups, because their damage is so stupidly strong and also basically free that people can focus on survivability, be very tanky and still get huge damage/sustain from using bleeds.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on September 23, 2018 4:28AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, the targetted reductions puts this nowhere near „uselessness“ wether in PVE and especially not in PVP. The potential DPS loss in PVE could be dampened by furtherly increasing the direct damage portion on the Twin Slashes morph for example.

It is easy to say your suggestion would not make bleed skills useless in PvE but that does not make it so. In PvE DPS is based on total damage per action and reducing that number by a decent percentage for any skill reduces it's effectiveness.

You are speaking of a 33-40% reduction in damage which is very significant and would likely make any skill unworthy of being used in PvE, let alone bleeds.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    Bleeds aren’t even op, master daggers make them over the top.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bleeds are an issue. A heavy armor stamina build can make themselves just as tank-like as the tanks they are trying to take down but the bleeds will win the fight.

Once the bleeds do their magic along with a bit of burst, it's Steel Tornado for the finish.

Seen this play out a hundred times the same way. These builds have it good right now but their time will come.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds are an issue. A heavy armor stamina build can make themselves just as tank-like as the tanks they are trying to take down but the bleeds will win the fight.

Once the bleeds do their magic along with a bit of burst, it's Steel Tornado for the finish.

Seen this play out a hundred times the same way. These builds have it good right now but their time will come.

Well if they're heavy armour i'd consider them a tank anyway.

Could just change bleeds to do bonus dmg vs armour types then? I'm sure zos can do some calculations and change the bonus dmg to heavy to be about the same as it is currently.@Buzo

Or even just give the bleeds flat out % pen
    Edited by leepalmer95 on September 23, 2018 6:18AM
    PS4 EU DC

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of making bleeds *** and ask for nerfs, why not ask for a change? Rather, let's have bleed ignore a % of armour so that they deal more damage to HA builds and less to medium/light armor builds.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭

@crazy_catman21
    In PVP it‘s the axes.
    Twin Slashes tooltip is too strong already, Master DW just makes it absurd with a flat increase. The base tooltip of the skill and the passives is what pushes it from powerful to overpowered. Master DW should push this from good to powerful, as it‘s hard to aquire and would keep it‘s special place in build utilisation. A 33% tooltip reduction still keeps Bleeds a good and unique, easy and efficent option in PVP.
    It is easy to say your suggestion would not make bleed skills useless in PvE but that does not make it so. In PvE DPS is based on total damage per action and reducing that number by a decent percentage for any skill reduces it's effectiveness.

You are speaking of a 33-40% reduction in damage which is very significant and would likely make any skill unworthy of being used in PvE, let alone bleeds.

@idk
    Yep this damage „per action“ totally can‘t be substitued, by increasing the direct damage portion of Rending Slashes. Reducing the bleed from 9000 to 6000 damage and moving these 3000 damage to the burst component of the skill is not possible.

Could just change bleeds to do bonus dmg vs armour types then? I'm sure zos can do some calculations and change the bonus dmg to heavy to be about the same as it is currently.@Buzo

@leepalmer95
    Your points are non constructive.
    Make bleeds punish one armor type more than others in an explicit way is the worst of „design“ choices.
    Instead of making bleeds *** and ask for nerfs, why not ask for a change? Rather, let's have bleed ignore a % of armour so that they deal more damage to HA builds and less to medium/light armor builds.

@Nerftheforums
    Because this can already be simulated with dot‘s and maces. Bleed having it‘s unique nature is a good thing and creates build diversity. The problem is the tooltips of Twin Slashes / Twin Blade & Blunt / Heavy Weapons.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would just remove the bleed from axes and battle axes and change it to something else. Give it crit damage. Then we have an option to kill light armor targets. We shouldnt have 2 weapon types designed to kill tanks.

@GreenSoup2HoT
    Good proposal, but Twin Slashes tooltip is still too high for an almost unmitigateable source of damage. Bleed damage on it should be reduced. Rending Slashes should lose the snare and have it’s burst damage component increased. Bloodcraze should apply Minor Life Steal ontop of it‘s heal.
  • Zoal_AUG
    Zoal_AUG
    ✭✭✭
    who gives a "adds word here" about shields
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great, that’s all the lag needs is more calculations. People wonder why you get 5-disconnect FPS in a bigger fight, here it is in a sweet roll. Some of these sets have almost a paragraph explaining their 5th bonus. I miss a simpler less server stressful time when we could play at 30-50fps in big fights.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can build pretty tanky without heavy now, with CP and protective and the sets available. Making bleeds really only work against heavy armor would just shift the meta to tanky medium plus heavy damage set (Fury, etc.) and we're back to square one.

I'd like to see bleed damage scale to inversely physical resistance, so it actually does counter heavy tank builds but has a tradeoff. Right now there's no downside to running bleeds because they work equally effectively versus all builds.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazy_catman21
    In PVP it‘s the axes.
    Twin Slashes tooltip is too strong already, Master DW just makes it absurd with a flat increase. The base tooltip of the skill and the passives is what pushes it from powerful to overpowered. Master DW should push this from good to powerful, as it‘s hard to aquire and would keep it‘s special place in build utilisation. A 33% tooltip reduction still keeps Bleeds a good and unique, easy and efficent option in PVP.

@idk
    Yep this damage „per action“ totally can‘t be substitued, by increasing the direct damage portion of Rending Slashes. Reducing the bleed from 9000 to 6000 damage and moving these 3000 damage to the burst component of the skill is not possible.

@leepalmer95
    Make bleeds punish one armor type more than others in an explicit way is the worst of „design“ choices.

@Nerftheforums
    Because this can already be simulated with dot‘s and maces. Bleed having it‘s unique nature is a good thing and creates build diversity. The problem is the tooltips of Twin Slashes / Twin Blade & Blunt / Heavy Weapons.

Why not heavy doesn't have any other counter.
    PS4 EU DC

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only change would be buff Impen traits a tad so less people don't have to ride the trans/impreg wave (or add crit resistance to battlespirit for the newer players/older players looking for build freedom).

Otherwise, you all have entirely too little crit resists+percentage based mitigation and not enough hots.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    The nerf cries just never stop around here. What will you all whine about when everything is nerfed beyond all recognition and we're all hitting for 1 on every attack?
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    The only change would be buff Impen traits a tad so less people don't have to ride the trans/impreg wave (or add crit resistance to battlespirit for the newer players/older players looking for build freedom).

Otherwise, you all have entirely too little crit resists+percentage based mitigation and not enough hots.

Yeah the game needs people to be more tanky in pvp, it's not like most people are all in heavy already and run 25-30k hp min....

/s
    PS4 EU DC

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The nerf cries just never stop around here. What will you all whine about when everything is nerfed beyond all recognition and we're all hitting for 1 on every attack?

That we should only be hitting for .5 on every attack. 1 is too OP.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭

That we should only be hitting for .5 on every attack. 1 is too OP.

The nerf-mongers will bring peace to Nirn at last!
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Yeah the game needs people to be more tanky in pvp, it's not like most people are all in heavy already and run 25-30k hp min....

/s

I think the argument for impen on battlespirit is that you can move off those traits and pick up divines with dmg mundas without harming your crit resists.

And I wasn't very clear in my last statement; I meant that bleeds are fine. It's just that people aren't building enough crit resists/other mitigation into their builds to avoid the armor negating nature of bleeds.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds require mele so does ww. Very effective in keeps/towers humping not effective at all in open world siege. Only balance issue I can see is bgs. Probably op there. But other specs can be effective in bgs so...
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95

Your heavy armor trauma makes you come up with theories that drift away from „balance“. If you look for something that punishes heavy for it‘s signature - that‘s maces. Maybe you forgot different options still exist, because as of right now it‘s so comfortable for everybody to use axes.

You market bleed as a heavy armor counter, yet it‘s mainly used by heavy armor builds, and affects every armor type the same mitigation wise
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good proposal, but Twin Slashes tooltip is still too high for an almost unmitigateable source of damage. Bleed damage on it should be reduced. Rending Slashes should lose the snare and have it’s burst damage component increased. Bloodcraze should apply Minor Life Steal ontop of it‘s heal.

the BLEED damage on twin slashes is affected by battle spirit and is being reduced by the target resistances. Every single skill that has BLEED damage written on it is being affected by battle spirit and resistances.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    the BLEED damage on twin slashes is affected by battle spirit and is being reduced by the target resistances. Every single skill that has BLEED damage written on it is being affected by battle spirit and resistances.

The BLEED is not reduced by resistances. Every damage except Oblivion is „mitigated“ by Battle Spirit. What BLEED does and why it‘s problematic in PVP for several patches now and alarming for the upcoming patch, is explained in my first post.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭

@leepalmer95

Yet bleeds already do exactly that. Ignoring all resistances actually punishes HA builds the most since that's what they chose to build for. Obviously bleeds are meant to be the counter to that. It just so happens that ZOS failed terribly in the big picture design choices and gave HA better healing received and HP recovery, so they don't have as much trouble dealig with them as they should.

I'm going to repeat myself here by saying that in every other MMO I played the counter to tank was as effective against every other class/role as against tanks themselves, and that's the way it should be ... if someone builds/chooses class to withstand high amounts of damage, why should someone else be able to deal with it better? If there is a counter to a tank in form of damage bypassing his armor, it should work as well against everyone else, with maybe one exception being healers, having an ability to deal with it better.

When you bleed, you bleed untill stopped, it does not really matter what are you wearing.
    Edited by Stigant on September 25, 2018 3:51PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Correction : Bleeds are used by heavy armor builds with high weapon damage.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 25, 2018 3:57PM