The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.3 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Bleed Adjustment for PVP

• Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    The only change would be buff Impen traits a tad so less people don't have to ride the trans/impreg wave (or add crit resistance to battlespirit for the newer players/older players looking for build freedom).

Otherwise, you all have entirely too little crit resists+percentage based mitigation and not enough hots.

This! Cool idea!
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »
    Bleeds ignore resistances and thus are the 2. most effective source of PVP damage, only being mitigated by Minor/Major Protection (and other % based mitigation) and partially by Critical Resistance. Only Oblivion damage is stronger.

With the adjustments to damage shields, so that they are now takeing resistances into account, already overperformant bleeds will yet again be too commonly (ab)used in PVP.

I think a 33% damage reduction to skill/passive applied bleeds should keep them in check and would keep them „special“ due to their resistance ignoring nature.

/e
    The chance to apply passive bleeds could be slightly increased to make up for the „nerf“.
    Buzo wrote: »
    Twin Slashes tooltip is still too high for an almost unmitigateable source of damage. Bleed damage on it should be reduced. Rending Slashes should lose the snare and have it’s burst damage component increased. Bloodcraze should apply Minor Life Steal ontop of it‘s heal.

The damage loss from Twin Slashes bleed can be moved to the burst component (mitigateable damage) of the Rending Slashes morph, to not affect PvE dps where Npc‘s usually are penetrated to 0 anyways.

Bleed builds = Very good im duells or for Xvs1ing but crap for Open world where your burst window is much more limited....
    Only people who are posing in Alikir and Auridon use them, in open world burst is king not DoTs..
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve mobs don't have resistences right?

Just get bleeds to not go trought them then.

Fixed for pvp and pve
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    what really makes bleed build over the top is the master duel wield axes there is no reason why someone wearing 2 heavy armor sets should be able to do a ton of damage with a simple heavy attack into a blood craze, either adjust them or nerf them but people should not be rewarded for playing such a lazy play style.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    what really makes bleed build over the top is the master duel wield axes there is no reason why someone wearing 2 heavy armor sets should be able to do a ton of damage with a simple heavy attack into a blood craze, either adjust them or nerf them but people should not be rewarded for playing such a lazy play style.

master dw bonus equals to so little of the total bleed damage.If an extra dot was a problem, vMA 2h would also be a problem.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 11, 2018 5:58PM
    Options
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least HA, blood craze requires targetting to hit. If you want to nerf over performing, no-skill combos then take a look at shalks, spin2win, dbos + hurricane (oops all those skills will proc axe bleeds too).
    Options
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭

master dw bonus equals to so little of the total bleed damage.If an extra dot was a problem, vMA 2h would also be a problem.

On a HA user (particularly before they get their fury stacks up, or if 7th/veiled haven't procc'ed) master dw pretty much doubles the damage from rending slashes. Since it ignores resistances and can crit, it's the strongest proc set out there, and there's no counterplay. VMA 2h is a joke compared to it.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »

On a HA user (particularly before they get their fury stacks up, or if 7th/veiled haven't procc'ed) master dw pretty much doubles the damage from rending slashes. Since it ignores resistances and can crit, it's the strongest proc set out there, and there's no counterplay. VMA 2h is a joke compared to it.

It only adds a flat value to it, that does not mean ''double damage''. Though yes, It adds a considerable amount to the total damage.
    This is how some builds reach like 3k blood craze ticks.
    Its only the strongest proc set only because bleeds in general ignore resistances fix that and it wouldn't be a problem at all.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 11, 2018 10:43PM
    Options
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not only a pvp issue thats why zos will not change it likely. That would hit PvE in a big way making stamina even more less viable and more groups will just choose Magicka dps over stamina dps.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    This is not only a pvp issue thats why zos will not change it likely. That would hit PvE in a big way making stamina even more less viable and more groups will just choose Magicka dps over stamina dps.

Stamina needs a buff when it comes to accessing penetration anyways. LA gets it literally for free. the nerfing of sharpened and spriggan affected stamina penetration builds in a very negative way.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 11, 2018 10:45PM
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think Heavy Weapons and TB&B bleeds are fine, but Twin Slashes and Cleave are not. Increase their base damage by 15-20% and make them straight physical DOTs like DW Ulti. This retains it's PVE strength (and actually should increase it for stam in general) while helping deal with some of the complete stupidity of bleeds in PVP.
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make bleeds only ignore a percentage of resistances. 25-50%. ZOS really needs to stop making 100% hard counters.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reducing the Master's Axe bonus to 500 would still make it useful while slightly decreasing the free proc tick from 2H and DW passives. Atm, axes are just too BiS, really making other weapon types undesirable.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamina needs a buff when it comes to accessing penetration anyways. LA gets it literally for free. the nerfing of sharpened and spriggan affected stamina penetration builds in a very negative way.

Virtually every player has higher spell resist, though. Penetration and resist have to be looked at together.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Virtually every player has higher spell resist, though. Penetration and resist have to be looked at together.

how so? as far as I know DK has a 3k spell resist passive and thats about it for the cases of having higher spell resist.

I know light armor also gives spell resist but thats a different story.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 12, 2018 3:04PM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

how so? as far as I know DK has a 3k spell resist passive and thats about it for the cases of having higher spell resist.

I know light armor also gives spell resist but thats a different story.

Templars have a spell resist passive
    Light armor has a spell resist passive
    Breton has a spell resist passive
    Dragonknights have a spell resist passive

"Virtually every players" was hyperbole, but as far as I know there are no racial, class or armor buffs that specifically increase physical resists only.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I propose that ZOS makes a magicka-based version of bleeds. One that ignores all spell resistance.

Currently, in order to defeat a heavy armored enemy- you can apply bleeds... but that only helps out stamina-based characters.

I bet if magicka-based players suddenly could ignore all spell resistances- you'd see a lot of bleed defenders (who are usually stamina-based players) start ranting about magicka bleeds being OP.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose that ZOS makes a magicka-based version of bleeds. One that ignores all spell resistance.

Currently, in order to defeat a heavy armored enemy- you can apply bleeds... but that only helps out stamina-based characters.

I bet if magicka-based players suddenly could ignore all spell resistances- you'd see a lot of bleed defenders (who are usually stamina-based players) start ranting about magicka bleeds being OP.

Magicka already has that with oblivion damage. I am not taking sides just saying it already exists. Knight slayer for example is magicka set, just not used much.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »

Magicka already has that with oblivion damage. I am not taking sides just saying it already exists. Knight slayer for example is magicka set, just not used much.

Well. 8% of max health as damage cap and a fully charged heavy attack are pretty severe restrictions which make Knight Slayer quite suboptimal. If you had an Oblivion damage DoT that ticks for 2k to 3k per second you’d pretty much see everyone in flames about it.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Well. 8% of max health as damage cap and a fully charged heavy attack are pretty severe restrictions which make Knight Slayer quite suboptimal. If you had an Oblivion damage DoT that ticks for 2k to 3k per second you’d pretty much see everyone in flames about it.

Knight slayer is designed like all others sets to work injunction with other sets. It’s only “suboptimal” in builds that don’t complement it. Oblivion damage can’t be avoided. Bleed's damage can be lowered by champ points, damage reduction modifiers like major protection and critical resistance.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds are fine.

Shields was OP and we took a good care of it.

I vote for 2x stronger bleeds now that cyrodiil will be full of wardentanks in murk.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@umagon
    That's actually a common misconception. Oblivion Damage is not the magicka-based version of a bleed.

Bleeds ignore all physical resistance.
    Oblivion damage is unmitigated damage.
    Nothing ignores all spell resistance.

So, we're constantly stuck in a conundrum where stamina-based characters can run bleeds and oblivion damage to take out tankier enemies. Whereas magicka-based characters cannot run their version of "bleeds" and oblivion damage.

Also, there are both magicka and stamina based sets that deal oblivion damage. Knightslayer (magic), Shieldbreaker (stamina) and Sload (magic or stamina).
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@umagon
    That's actually a common misconception. Oblivion Damage is not the magicka-based version of a bleed.

Bleeds ignore all physical resistance.
    Oblivion damage is unmitigated damage.
    Nothing ignores all spell resistance.

So, we're constantly stuck in a conundrum where stamina-based characters can run bleeds and oblivion damage to take out tankier enemies. Whereas magicka-based characters cannot run their version of "bleeds" and oblivion damage.

Also, there are both magicka and stamina based sets that deal oblivion damage. Knightslayer (magic), Shieldbreaker (stamina) and Sload (magic or stamina).

If ignores spell resistance then it ignores spell resistance and already exists. Oblivion damage is bleed damage plus more so it serves the same function as a “spell version” of a bleed. Bleed ignores block and physical resistance. Oblivion damage ignores block, spell resistance, and everything else.

A stam player using bleeds would not need oblivion damage. Using shield breaker, slayer or sloads would comprise the damage output. Stam builds using bleeds and oblivion damage is not as effective as it sounds; because to increase one output the other suffers. And the only small advantage oblivion damage would give to those builds would be against damage reduction modifiers.
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are so many counters to bleeds.

Speed - Can you stack the dots fast enough as opponent speeds away?

LOS - Can you stack the dots fast enough as the opponent turns the corner for the tree or rock?

Healing - Is your dot stacking potent enough to outheal the opponents passive and burst heals?

Damage - Is your dot stacking potent enough to out damage the opponent’s direct damage burst combo?

Purge / Cloak - Did you do enough damage before the opponent cleansed all your dots or cloaks away? Did you apply enough damage before 2/5 (40%) of the PvP population cloaked, cleansed, healed to full and didnt take dot damage?

You want to have a competitive bleed build? You gotta commit to a dot style build. And if you want to get the kill, you gotta make sure your combo (more than one skill) lands.
    Edited by Skoomah on October 17, 2018 12:32PM
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

LOS - Can you stack the dots fast enough as the opponent turns the corner for the tree or rock?

Healing - Is your dot stacking potent enough to outheal the opponents passive and burst heals?

Damage - Is your dot stacking potent enough to out damage the opponent’s direct damage burst combo?

Purge / Cloak - Did you do enough damage before the opponent cleansed all your dots or cloaks away? Did you apply enough damage before 2/5 (40%) of the PvP population cloaked, cleansed, healed to full and didnt take dot damage?

You want to have a competitive bleed build? You gotta commit to a dot style build. And if you want to get the kill, you gotta make sure your combo (more than one skill) lands.

Bleeds by themselves, not a problem.

Bleeds proccing Weapon enchants even when that weapon is on the back bar is genuinely game-breaking.

You can apply bleeds with DW, swap to a 2h Axe and you will have near 100% uptime on all 3 Weapon enchants. It’s outrageously OP.
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

The funny thing is almost everything you listed is used by the bleed builds
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds are needed to fight Heavy armor builds with high damage.

Heavy armor builds with high damage are the primary users of bleeds though - i´d argue that nerfing bleeds would also weaken those builds significantly.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys already get to the point, where you included infused weapon enchants into the math proccing from rending slashes?
    Options
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Well I know lots of people missed slotting dw for mag builds after ancient knowledge changes, now it'll be mandatory for everyone to run rending. Balance and counter play!
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Did you guys already get to the point, where you included infused weapon enchants into the math proccing from rending slashes?

I’ve tried pointing it out but most of the community are currently still in blissful ignorance as to how utterly broken that is.

Wait till they start seeing kill feeds where every other damage source is a enchant proc
    Options