The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    Been some long bruising fights with EP through the night (congrats, you were just a bit too strong for us) and equally hard fights the night/morning before against AD and their Emp, and then EP and @Dutchessx group. Good to see. :)

Thanks good to be back. #gos4life
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    id just like to add, that since iv been number one for dc this camp, iv gotten a "emperor!" mail almost daily from dc night capping, but iv ALSO had a mail that comes right after that (don't know the time, i log in after -_-) saying "deposed"....., so yes, dc is def night capping, but ad and ep are taking everything back by 8 am once the dc log out. in fact, i logged into sotha one night (2 am est) after some pve and was greated by 30 ad taking the map back right after dc logged out...

tl:dr get over it, every faction does it. i cant control your pugs anymore than i can control my pugs.
  • vickicass
    vickicass
    Soul Shriven
    id just like to add, that since iv been number one for dc this camp, iv gotten a "emperor!" mail almost daily from dc night capping, but iv ALSO had a mail that comes right after that (don't know the time, i log in after -_-) saying "deposed"....., so yes, dc is def night capping, but ad and ep are taking everything back by 8 am once the dc log out. in fact, i logged into sotha one night (2 am est) after some pve and was greated by 30 ad taking the map back right after dc logged out...

tl:dr get over it, every faction does it. i cant control your pugs anymore than i can control my pugs.

I dont stay on to long once DC starts to push, due to how big their group is. its good but most AD are heading to bed or im DCing to much to keep playing. ive seen DC go for the scrolls almost each night its good as it keeps everyone on their toes and its good to see there is a good pop around.
    Just a Tuna fish (thnuluv) AD
    Iote, IV proud
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    vickicass wrote: »

I dont stay on to long once DC starts to push, due to how big their group is. its good but most AD are heading to bed or im DCing to much to keep playing. ive seen DC go for the scrolls almost each night its good as it keeps everyone on their toes and its good to see there is a good pop around.

I would just like to see even pops around mid to late US prime time again. I also know several people who would like to see Sotha active during what is central US morning and/or afternoon like it use to be.

Congrats on Emp Flame of Hades there have been some good fights.
    Edited by Dutchessx on October 4, 2018 3:13PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »

Thx! Its fun, right up until i look outside the keep and cant see the ground for all the ad/ep attacking the keep lol.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

Thx! Its fun, right up until i look outside the keep and cant see the ground for all the ad/ep attacking the keep lol.

Well isn’t that how every emperor want to go down one big last fight on the flags? (Lol) think of all the good fights & AP! 😜
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭

Well isn’t that how every emperor want to go down one big last fight on the flags? (Lol) think of all the good fights & AP! 😜

Speaking of dethroning, last nights final stand at BRK was a blast. That was a proper de-throning: every other resource on the map gone, all three factions stacked in one place, four holes in the outer, and a mass of bodies on the flags. Thanks for all who were there!
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, are we all happy about ep being 2.5k points ahead of dc and 4k ahead of ad?
    In just two days lol
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    In just two days lol

No. But I will state answers I got from AD/DC when they had very large numbers and constantly held the map.

1. Get good!
    2. Not my fault AD/DC doesn't want to fight.
    3. I am just here for AP.
    4. I like to win.
    5. I play the map.
    6. I am playing the game as intented, meaning large groups.
    7. Try harder noob.
    8. There is only 4 people in my group, not my fault 16 pugs follow me around.

Pick!

I tell you my answer: I am fed up with oceanic presence in Sotha on DC. That is why we decided to bring in more EP but Len and Ecks. Fighting fire with fire.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I hear Bashu's computer went kaput so that probably explains the state of things. That's a big chunk of population gone or severely diminished.

Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When we (TM) played on Sunday night, the first night of the new campaign, we had the low pop bonus for about half of the evening after it kicked in. Was pretty nice getting basically double AP running around and doing our thing.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    In just two days lol

No. But I will state answers I got from AD/DC when they had very large numbers and constantly held the map.

1. Get good!
    4. I like to win.
    5. I play the map.
    7. Try harder noob.

Pick!

I tell you my answer: I am fed up with oceanic presence in Sotha on DC. That is why we decided to bring in more EP but Len and Ecks. Fighting fire with fire.

lol wut?
    AD/DC never had large numbers on at the same time, and if they had, they always fight each other
    AD always have lots of ppl playing in early prime time, while dc get on later at night.
    DC w/out Bashu/Asher don't even play apparently.
    Your point doesnt make much sense tho.
    Look at the scores of the last campaign, the factions were pretty close.
    If the oceanic presence was the problem, we would have had DC ahead of 5k points at least.
    AD has no oceanic presence at all, never had, while.
    So no, give me another reason because the excuse of oceanic players is not valid.
    But even so, the fact that asher used to flip the entire map when everybody else was asleep, didnt prevent the two other factions to have fun.
    What ep are doing is exactly this, they're preventing the other two factions to have fun.

• DamianDemonist
    Can we not care about campaign points? Cause the last time someone cared about campaign points was just before when the campaign ended.
    fO8jPfK.png
    qxk4t0A.png
    They had two raids of DC taking scrolls cause they had mental issues of a chance losing the campaign and didn't want AD or EP having score points. Also this was on Oceanic times.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    In just two days lol

1. Get good!
    4. I like to win.
    5. I play the map.
    7. Try harder noob.

Pick!

lol wut?
    AD/DC never had large numbers on at the same time, and if they had, they always fight each other
    AD always have lots of ppl playing in early prime time, while dc get on later at night.
    DC w/out Bashu/Asher don't even play apparently.
    Your point doesnt make much sense tho.
    Look at the scores of the last campaign, the factions were pretty close.
    If the oceanic presence was the problem, we would have had DC ahead of 5k points at least.
    AD has no oceanic presence at all, never had, while.
    So no, give me another reason because the excuse of oceanic players is not valid.
    But even so, the fact that asher used to flip the entire map when everybody else was asleep, didnt prevent the two other factions to have fun.
    What ep are doing is exactly this, they're preventing the other two factions to have fun.

My point is: In MY playtime it has always been either AD or DC PvDooring EP vs just 2-3 defenders on our side. And everytime I asked why they do it....I got the answers I provided. I am just returning those answers to anyone who might ask ehy EP is all over sudden haven an overall presence.

So I am sorry you are not having any fun. I really am. Totally am. Like....100%. Really sorry.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    The problem here, is that everyone should have fun playing the game. PvP, kinda goes against that. at least for competitive people.

When i am winning, especially when i'm outnumbered (much less so when I outnumber the people i'm fighting), i'm having alot of fun.

When i'm losing, not so much. some people try to "win" by taking the entire map, be that with or without resistance. Its just unfortunate that it hurts other players in this way. Some people try to "win" by beating the other factions in fights, just with a 4:1 or 10:1 ratio of players....

In the end, its all about having fun, and when people compete, one persons idea of fun is most likely not going to be the other persons.

But, at least to me, this is the beauty of PvP, because we all want to have fun, to win, it encourages us to find ways to do it. while some my stack numbers to win, or take the map vs 1 or 2 defenders, some will get better at the game, thus making fights more enjoyable for everyone.

I guess i'm trying to say is that lets stop complaining about something happening, and do something about it. ask someone who is better than you at the game for help, find friends to group up with, or ruin your sleep scheduled trying to compete with people in differing time zones. You cant expect people to change what they are doing to fit what you want them to do, its just not realistic, especially when your competing.
  • b0g
    b0g
    ✭✭
    you are all doomed.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one wins in this cycle

It starts with group A outnumbering group B so group B gets mad they can’t pvp so they bring in more people to outnumber group A. Group A starts to quit because they are tired of getting outnumbered and we are back at where we started,

In the end no one wins because bringing in a lot of people to take over the whole map when there are no defenders kills pvp for everyone no matter what faction
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    No one wins in this cycle

It starts with group A outnumbering group B so group B gets mad they can’t pvp so they bring in more people to outnumber group A. Group A starts to quit because they are tired of getting outnumbered and we are back at where we started,

In the end no one wins because bringing in a lot of people to take over the whole map when there are no defenders kills pvp for everyone no matter what faction

I would like to add team N, who actively avoids even numbers and just simply leaves to Shor to find “good fights“ there, meaning their 10+ vs no defenders. Kek
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Cobra Kai's Friday night was a blast! Thanks for the great fights DC, especially Legions of Mordor, Bashu's Rough Riders, and Animosity. Major props to Animosity for wiping us with a quarter of our number, that bomb was fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LRKS_QG1sQ

Edit: sorry for the sound quality, it got messed up in uploading and I'm too lazy to fix it.
    Edited by Odysseus87 on October 27, 2018 11:27PM
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    ad... just a question... what makes you think 3 bars v 1 bar ep/ 1 bar dc pvdooring the entire map is fun/remotely fair? that zerg last night.... i saw 40 people on glade mist front door...
  • Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭
    ad... just a question... what makes you think 3 bars v 1 bar ep/ 1 bar dc pvdooring the entire map is fun/remotely fair? that zerg last night.... i saw 40 people on glade mist front door...

Pssshh thats nothing man, i saw over 70 AD running in a zerg to take back Alessia and Brk, i logged out after that. The best part is the Tbagging these AD zergscrubs do to you after they overwhelm you with 5:1 odds.

I even asked one of them why would they ruin the map and run in a huge zerg the response, get gud you suck dont be mad we have a larger force ect ect.

Those people make the entire AD faction look bad, not that i have a great opinion of them anyway. I mean they already had EMP so why zerg down the map in a faction stack. My answer to that question is, they have to because if they face you with anything less then 5:1 odds they get their ass handed to them.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the AD pug leaders in zone were excited saying they planned on taking the entire map as if there was nothing wrong with that. Homicide Inc and IV. I’m not sure what happened that led to this way of thinking but this is what a lot of AD feel like apparently and it’s one reason we don’t have a balanced campaign.

Fortunately EP has guilds that are organized and can stand up to those groups even while outnumbered. But as the evening goes on and they begin to log, the AD just keep rolling. Unfortunately DC seems to be consistently low pop during these times. Consortium can put up a fight against these AD but frequently log on too late to encounter the main zerg. Or if they do provide resistance then AD withers in the face of actual competition and get discouraged and start to log eventually. As things are, EP and DC should essentially pledge not to fight each other while the AD zerg is in full swing. Like last night when AD hit locked pop versus 1 bar each of the other factions. Simply ridiculous.

TM only runs 10-12 times a month nowadays and typically on DC. We do what we can even when Animosity is hellbent on interjecting themselves in whatever we’re doing. But ideally there’d be one or two more medium sized guilds or one large guild that showed up more regularly to fill the void.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Ya... My guild hasn't really been on much this camp either... so DC is just not really playing. My main problem with the ad was that they zerged the tri-keeps... without scrolls being there.

When i was emp last camp, i wouldn't even try to hold the 2 back keeps after nocturnal took them in the morning, because i knew it was a stupid thing to do... and i definitely didn't try to take them again if we already had the scrolls.

All i want to know is what mentality makes AD think this is okay...

EDIT: I do know that if AD keeps this up, i'm going to be spending alot of time at the sky shards behind the DC gates...
    Edited by Flame_of_Hades on October 30, 2018 1:51AM
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    So AD are doing what EP do.
    I mean, just check the factions score lol.
    The real victims here are DC, even if they're 2nd because an almost never ending low pop bonus.
  • b0g
    b0g
    ✭✭
    The real victims here are DC, even if they're 2nd because an almost never ending low pop bonus.

d00000000med
    Ya... My guild hasn't really been on much this camp either... so DC is just not really playing. My main problem with the ad was that they zerged the tri-keeps... without scrolls being there.

When i was emp last camp, i wouldn't even try to hold the 2 back keeps after nocturnal took them in the morning, because i knew it was a stupid thing to do... and i definitely didn't try to take them again if we already had the scrolls.

All i want to know is what mentality makes AD think this is okay...

EDIT: I do know that if AD keeps this up, i'm going to be spending alot of time at the sky shards behind the DC gates...

d000000med
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭

I mean, I've always found the AD zerg convenient for collecting small quantities of AP while contributing absolutely zero effort. Not that I'm ever good at PvP, but the bar is nicely lowered even farther when run behind the horde spamming rapid regen. There's minimal chance of dying and I'm always guaranteed of winning.

Well, I've actually only played in Sotha about four times the last two months. But is it really that hard to understand why they swarm keeps? It's the path of least resistance and just so easy.
    Edited by LaveniaRose on October 30, 2018 6:07AM
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭

I dunno if I would call DC real victims. At least not oceanic DC. They are there. They just avoid fighting other players. If they can't PvDoor the map, they just simply log off. Must I remind the Sotha folks that not even a month ago the map in oceanic times was 90% blue.

"We are just here for AP. We just play the game. Not our fault EP/AD doesn't want to fight us. Learn to play!"

There arguments to justify PvDooring work both ways, just now that you are at the receiving end, you think it sucks, eh?
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lul AD paying ppl to join zergs... classy :)
  • squidprojectb14_ESO
    Galalin wrote: »
    Lul AD paying ppl to join zergs... classy :)

Wait, really? o.O
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few days ago it was pop locked AD vs 1 bar DC and EP.

Last night, 1 bar AD.

Nobody logs off when getting their ass kicked faster.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”