The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mage's Wrath Skill in BG a.k.a Kill's Stealer

• weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t play a sorc much, but FFS can you babies stop whining for nerfs. And saying “I’m not asking for a nerf but...” is the same as saying “I’m not a racist but...”.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    The skill itself is fine. The problem is just having killing blows being the measure of kills in bgs.

At least this guy is addressing the actual problem.
    Edited by weg0 on October 11, 2018 4:04PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    They made it completely dodgeable and people are still complaining? The correct question would be: Why is Deathmatch score tied to killing blows and not to damage done?

I agree with this, that it makes much more sense to award kill credit to the highest % damage source on the target, and remove killing blow credit. Sorcs have had a pretty bad time of it, and one metric in one modestly popular mini-game isn't really a good reason to globally nerf a class again.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivan04 wrote: »
    This is a pretty serious issue, I'm surprised it's not being brought up more often. My team might deal all of the damage to another team in in BGs while one sorc is staying behind the corner spamming mages' wrath for quite some time before they're defeated and he gets all the credit.

I would suggest making it so mage's wrath explosion doesn't count as a killing blow, but the one hit before that would. That way sorcerers who actually defeat their opponents will get the credit.

The should change the calculation, because if you change fury to not count as a blow after this there will be an idiot spamming light attacks to "steal" your glory. Or a guy with executioner or a guy with impale or a guy with Jezus beam, but hey ITS THE SORCS FAULT

Making BG's get credit from total damage + cc + healing would be the most desirable as it is in many games.

But usually in this game what ever happens the solution is one: NERF THAT SORC
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone spams light attacks he will be much less likely to land it as a last hit, unlike Mage's Wrath explosion.
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who say this isnt THE PREMIUM KILL STEALER in the game are full of crap.

Mages wrath sits and waits for you to drop under 20%.. the others must be FIRED when you are sub 25%.. Its fire and forget and total BS.