The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Mage's Wrath Skill in BG a.k.a Kill's Stealer

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Just when you think they have really exhausted all the possible nerfs, we get someone with more creative ideas about how to make our class even crappier in Nerfmire.

@Vahrokh I suspect the way Mages Wrath works in BGs is one of the main causes of Sorcerer Nerfmire. It’s the only thing that makes sense, since they underperform in all other areas of gameplay, but typically top the kill count in BG recaps. If changing this skill to work like Impale will get people to realize Sorcs need buffs then this could be the first step in the right direction.
    Options
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't realize someone would voluntarily admit they think every mode is deathmatch.

Most players just silently avoid the objective and leave group at the end.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK BEFORE THE DEVS DO SOMETHING CRAZY I WOULD LIKE TO SPECIFY THAT WRATH IS NOT THE PROBLEM, HOW KILLS ARE CALCULATED IS THE PROBLEM........

Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc doesn't need more nerfs, just cut it out.
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the only reason I hate the deathmatch game mode. It's heavily biased towards teams with a sorc and they kill steal from the other two teams engaging. :(
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest I've always gotten more execute kills with the magblade execute rather that mage's wrath, and that's also a ranged execute.
    To me, there are way too many people dodging out of the execute strike from mages wrath, while the magblade one is undodgeable and sometimes people aren't even aware they are being hit with it if they are focused on someone else
    @Carcharodontosaurus Unbelievable how you got 4 agrees. The magblade execute isn't undodgable at all.. where did you get this nonsense?

The problem with mages wrath isn't that it is too strong, but the way it works kinda breaks battleground scores. One sorc just needs to cast it and when someone from another team does the rest and kills the target, the sorc and his team get the kill. That is just wrong.
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mages wrath is too strong in BG’s. I see some socrs get twice as many kills with less damage than others. On the other hand, I see a few socrs do a lot of damage and have a lot of kills.

I think the biggest problem with it is the range and radius of the skill. With killer’s blade I have hit it before but missed the target and hit someone else, with mages wrath that does not matter as much. Spin to win has a large radius but you must be close and when people are dying some will run out of your spin but again the range of mages wrath takes care of the range part to a point.

The same is true of Jesus beam it will hit another target especially if they are running away and run past another player. But with mages wrath you can cast it in a group and it will kill someone if they are in execute range because of the radius it has. The other executes are single target. This is the part that I believe is the unfair part of the skill. Make it single target and not a radius execute skill.

Plus please give a mDK an execute.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Mages wrath is too strong in BG’s. I see some socrs get twice as many kills with less damage than others. On the other hand, I see a few socrs do a lot of damage and have a lot of kills.

I think the biggest problem with it is the range and radius of the skill. With killer’s blade I have hit it before but missed the target and hit someone else, with mages wrath that does not matter as much. Spin to win has a large radius but you must be close and when people are dying some will run out of your spin but again the range of mages wrath takes care of the range part to a point.

The same is true of Jesus beam it will hit another target especially if they are running away and run past another player. But with mages wrath you can cast it in a group and it will kill someone if they are in execute range because of the radius it has. The other executes are single target. This is the part that I believe is the unfair part of the skill. Make it single target and not a radius execute skill.

You don't even know how this skill works, do you?
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

Honnestly, just no. It's already had a Nerf, if folks are insistent on this as an issue focus on the scoring. Nerfing another skill when all the class defining ones have taken a battering just isn't needed.

Wrath/Fury only matters in one game mode, and only matters if you in a pug with no sorc. Half the complaints i swear are people mardy their team Mates got a better score than them i.e. A sorcs at the top. Who cares where you rank if you win the match!

Its the Same as having a healer in the team, tactical advantage. If you serious about BG get a team and execute is as vital as a healer / support.

Likewise a team full of sorcs would suck (against half decent players)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

He probably just read the tooltip and thinks it’s executing everyone in the splash damage radius...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    It's an execute skill. Every build has access to one.

@Mintaka5

What about Magwarden?? I cannot seem to think of one. Or magDK.

Jesus beam for Templar
    Impale for NB
    Mages wrath for sorcs

Reverse slash and steel tornado for stamina

Am I missing any?

Warden's Bear usable attack is an execute ability.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not request for nerf but why developers not changes anything about this skill,

Sorcerers out there are just simply stealing kill's using this skill.

You cant stop whining about sorcs?
    What else you gonna whine about sorcs to be nerfed because you simply cant L2P?

The problem is not the fury is the calculations of the game if they are based in killing blows and not in damage.

You all whined so hard about sorcs you will barely see some in next patch, keep up the good work whine babies.
    Options
  • Tonno_SenSei
    Tonno_SenSei
    ✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    Its not request for nerf but why developers not changes anything about this skill,

The problem is not the fury is the calculations of the game if they are based in killing blows and not in damage.

You all whined so hard about sorcs you will barely see some in next patch, keep up the good work whine babies.

The devs had nerfed the wrong stuff, shields were ok, but mage's wrath need a little adjustement, especially for BGs. Everybody can steal kills, even without execute but with mage's wrath you can lead your team to victory stealing kills easily from a safe spot. I'm not saying that every sorc is play like this, but you can win a BG just putting curse and wrath on top of enemy teams and wait they try to kill each other.
    Edited by Tonno_SenSei on October 10, 2018 9:00AM
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest I've always gotten more execute kills with the magblade execute rather that mage's wrath, and that's also a ranged execute.
    To me, there are way too many people dodging out of the execute strike from mages wrath, while the magblade one is undodgeable and sometimes people aren't even aware they are being hit with it if they are focused on someone else

Hmm... Impale is dodgeable mate.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't even know how this skill works, do you?

Sorry poorly worded on my part, with a little confusion also. I was in a hurry but it's the extra damage that attaches to the person damage that is stealing the kills so it is easier for a socr to spam it into groups and when/if they get to the under 20% they get the kill and score in BG's.

Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The devs had nerfed the wrong stuff, shields were ok, but mage's wrath need a little adjustement, especially for BGs. Everybody can steal kills, even without execute but with mage's wrath you can lead your team to victory stealing kills easily from a safe spot. I'm not saying that every sorc is play like this, but you can win a BG just putting curse and wrath on top of enemy teams and wait they try to kill each other.

You fail to realize that in a group play, you dont play for yourself you play for the GROUP.
    When a sorc execute debuff is being applied, in a way it removes 20% hp from your target. Now without that execute usefulness your target 90% of the times WOULD survive and ruin your game.

Instead of whining for it, you should be happy for it. But hey, this is ESO WE MUST WHINE ABOUT SORCS
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While I think Nicko is a bit lavish with his accusations, I must agree with him: some people simply won't stop calling for nerfs. Now sorcs neither have "OP shields" nor "OP mobility", yet you call for nerfs to Fury and Streak instead of asking for a better scoring system.
    Options
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    They made it completely dodgeable and people are still complaining? The correct question would be: Why is Deathmatch score tied to killing blows and not to damage done?

Exactly, eso is the only thing i know who does that bs... it would be nice that that player gets the kill who dealt the most dmg to the target in like the 10 secs before its death. It wouldnt be perfect but still better than allowing kill stealing by ANY execute not just mages wrath.

Options
  • Tonno_SenSei
    Tonno_SenSei
    ✭✭

While I think Nicko is a bit lavish with his accusations, I must agree with him: some people simply won't stop calling for nerfs. Now sorcs neither have "OP shields" nor "OP mobility", yet you call for nerfs to Fury and Streak instead of asking for a better scoring system.

I call for adjustement not to destroy a class. 4 sec Wrath's debuff allows stealing kills easily: team A fights team B, a team C sorc puts mage's wrath on everyone's head, now in your opinion who gets more kills?
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find other execute as effective, especially now it can be dodged

Skill is fine, BG scoring is not. Make both killing blow and assist count towards score and you're fine. Or make the killing comes from a % of health removed. But that would be tricky (with all the heals)
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I call for adjustement not to destroy a class. 4 sec Wrath's debuff allows stealing kills easily: team A fights team B, a team C sorc puts mage's wrath on everyone's head, now in your opinion who gets more kills?

Take the timer away, make it an ordinary execute. While we're at it, also remove implosion (even if implosion is nearly useless on mag sorcs anyway). Just right after the nerfs to shields and boundless. Don't forget you called for nerfs to streak as well.

Now tell me what you have left.

E: to not lengthen this further: if you're done thinking about that, start comparing that to other classes like NBs, stamdens.
    And, most importanlty, kill stealing is an issue in 1 mode out of all this game has to offer. No PvE, cyro and most BGs don't care about kill scores. And the only occassion this matters could be handled by changing the scoring system instead of gutting a bland class further.

Why are you so opposed to change scoring instead of nerfing a class?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 10, 2018 10:19AM
    Options
  • Tonno_SenSei
    Tonno_SenSei
    ✭✭

You fail to realize that in a group play, you dont play for yourself you play for the GROUP.
    When a sorc execute debuff is being applied, in a way it removes 20% hp from your target. Now without that execute usefulness your target 90% of the times WOULD survive and ruin your game.

Instead of whining for it, you should be happy for it. But hey, this is ESO WE MUST WHINE ABOUT SORCS

You fail to understanding the point.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You dont and not me, group play is about enemies dying not who kills them.

In cyrodiil when a sorc is alone and steal ur kills what you all say here apply. Not on BG because its a teamwork.

Do 0 damge, land all CC's in perfect timing, off-heal your allies to save them + is way more useful from doing 1 execute and steal kills so ex-skyrim players will whine about it.

You guys here remind me of WoW BG's streamer girls that that do nothing more than AoE and at the end of the LOST BG they open the tab and are proud of total damage they did.
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on October 10, 2018 10:23AM
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite BG hate message in group (so far)

DK: why are you fighting over there? We’re all fighting over here

Me: because Betty is Booming us and you’re just fighting tanks.

Get that wrath outta here!!
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Dymence wrote: »
    Dymence wrote: »
    likecats wrote: »
    They made it completely dodgeable and people are still complaining? The correct question would be: Why is Deathmatch score tied to killing blows and not to damage done?

Damage done would be a much more stupid solution IMO. The best way to do damage in BGs is to layout ground AOEs. You'd be surprised how much more damage I did when I slotted caltrops for fun. Did the caltrops actually make a big impact however? Nope.

Correlation =/= causation

Just because you slotted caltrops for fun, doesn't mean your damage increase was because of caltrops. There are too many factors to account for in BG scenarios.
    likecats wrote: »

Damage done would be a much more stupid solution IMO. The best way to do damage in BGs is to layout ground AOEs. You'd be surprised how much more damage I did when I slotted caltrops for fun. Did the caltrops actually make a big impact however? Nope.

Agreed, damage done would favor non-pvp builds that hit as many players as possible without actually trying to kill anything.

This is also not really a realistic scenario as non-PVP builds would spend their time dying all the time to actually have an impact on the damage statistic.

I deal more damage and get more kills in BGs on my glass cannon PVE sorc than I do on my PVP built sorc. Because my PVP built sorc is made to survive and 1vx and grind out kills and my PVE sorc is made to deal a ton of damage and has little health or defense. Does it die alot, sure. But in the time it takes to kill me, I have killed a few players and have done a ton of damage. And with the right team, a full damage specced sorc doesn't even need health or defense because the TTK is low and your allies can act as shields. So you are wrong here. In a match that calculated damage done and not killing blow, my Siroria/BSW wearing PVE sorc with Illambris would dominate BGs even more.

This simply means you are in very low MMR

What does MMR have to do with damage output?

It doesn’t have anything to do with damage output.

But here is something to test:

Make a new character. Deck him/her out with the best gear. To make it even better, have this new alt be an exact replica of your main PvP toon who has been doing BGs since release.

Once this replica alt has all the skills leveled up (that you used on your main,) enter BGs.

After you dominate with your 18 kills and zero deaths, get back on your main toon, the one with high MMR, and try to replicate that 18 and 0 BG run.

Come back and tell us how it played out.
    Options
  • Tonno_SenSei
    Tonno_SenSei
    ✭✭

Take the timer away, make it an ordinary execute. While we're at it, also remove implosion (even if implosion is nearly useless on mag sorcs anyway). Just right after the nerfs to shields and boundless. Don't forget you called for nerfs to streak as well.

E: to not lengthen this further: if you're done thinking about that, start comparing that to other classes like NBs, stamdens.
    And, most importanlty, kill stealing is an issue in 1 mode out of all this game has to offer. No PvE, cyro and most BGs don't care about kill scores. And the only occassion this matters could be handled by changing the scoring system instead of gutting a bland class further.

I'm not opposing to change scoring system, if you have in mind a better scoring system suggest it.
    Streak have nothing to deal with damage and kill stealing, it's about survivability in the next patch where everyone's mobility get nerfed the mag sorc can still streak around happily, maybe with the dark exchange change streak cannot be spammed like before, we'll see
    Options
  • Tonno_SenSei
    Tonno_SenSei
    ✭✭

You dont and not me, group play is about enemies dying not who kills them.

In cyrodiil when a sorc is alone and steal ur kills what you all say here apply. Not on BG because its a teamwork.

Do 0 damge, land all CC's in perfect timing, off-heal your allies to save them + is way more useful from doing 1 execute and steal kills so ex-skyrim players will whine about it.

You guys here remind me of WoW BG's streamer girls that that do nothing more than AoE and at the end of the LOST BG they open the tab and are proud of total damage they did.

LOOOL, we are talking about KILL STEALING, do you know what kill stealing is???? It's not when you help a teammate executing his target, it's when you execute the targets of the enemies! When you actually steal the kill of another team. Everybody can kill stealing with steel torando, jesus beam, impale etc but for a sorc it's just too easy to do that
    Edited by Tonno_SenSei on October 10, 2018 10:52AM
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrath and Fury are not the specific issue here. Do i specifically like the way that they work as a non-sorc? No, but just because i don't like something that doesn't mean "it's OP and needs nerfing."

What needs changing is the way BG's count kills.

LEAVE THE SKILL ITSELF ALONE. If we were to nerf every skill we didn't like then we'd all be fighting hand to hand.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, while this is a problem in BGs, there are better cheese to killsteal. My StamNB, build around ganking, kill steals better than most sorcs. I just wait for two teams to collide and then when most of them are around 40% HP, I cloak right in, follow up with Tether/DBoS and spam Steel Tornado, dropping both teams. I usually have rather low damage compared to other players but always the highest kills.
    Edited by susmitds on October 10, 2018 11:01AM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not opposing to change scoring system, if you have in mind a better scoring system suggest it.
    Streak have nothing to deal with damage and kill stealing, it's about survivability in the next patch where everyone's mobility get nerfed the mag sorc can still streak around happily, maybe with the dark exchange change streak cannot be spammed like before, we'll see

People already did that. Don't know why you ignore that. Counting kills on dmg done in X seconds prior to the kill would eliminate stealing, just as an example.

Should I really go into the bolded bait? Okay, just scratching the surface

You can't spam streak, you need DC for it, right. But what do you think how often you can spam DC without serving yourself on a silver plate to everyone with a CC? Sorcs need to incorporate resistances and max health more now, something else will suffer for those.

You can easily follow every streaker via gap closer. In your other thread you said gc are not worth it. With the current changes to mE and speed pots, they gain value. And yes, you can even follow them over environmental gaps.

And last but most importantly, the devs said we shouldn't rely on wards alone to survive. Guess what, mobility is what else magsorcs have. Healing options are lackluster. Expedition on boundless nerfed. No snare removal option. Streak is all that's left.

So I ask you again, what of a class do you have left (especially compared to well designed classes, e.g.NBs) when you take away Fury and Streak as well?

To come full circle again, point is some people will never stop complaining, no matter how much you nerf magsorcs into the ground. Frags, Dark Conversion, Wards, Rune Cage, Overload, Boundless nerfed. Still room to gut what's left, right?
    Options