Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Mage's Wrath Skill in BG a.k.a Kill's Stealer

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Honestly, while this is a problem in BGs, there are better cheese to killsteal. My StamNB, build around ganking, kill steals better than most sorcs. I just wait for two teams to collide and then when most of them are around 40% HP, I cloak right in, follow up with Tether/DBoS and spam Steel Tornado, dropping both teams. I usually have rather low damage compared to other players but always the highest kills.

But you aren’t a Sorc with flashy lightning skills...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem here really is not the Sorc execute, but rather how scores in BGs are calculated.

The only way to fix this is to change how scores are applied in fights.

Or change Fury so that it cannot be pre-cast on the target... which I know will make forums explode again.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 10, 2018 11:13AM
    Options
  • Tonno_SenSei
    Tonno_SenSei
    ✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    Its not request for nerf but why developers not changes anything about this skill,

Sorcerers out there are just simply stealing kill's using this skill.

You cant stop whining about sorcs?
    What else you gonna whine about sorcs to be nerfed because you simply cant L2P?

The problem is not the fury is the calculations of the game if they are based in killing blows and not in damage.

You all whined so hard about sorcs you will barely see some in next patch, keep up the good work whine babies.

The devs had nerfed the wrong stuff, shields were ok, but mage's wrath need a little adjustement, especially for BGs. Everybody can steal kills, even without execute but with mage's wrath you can lead your team to victory stealing kills easily from a safe spot. I'm not saying that every sorc is play like this, but you can win a BG just putting curse and wrath on top of enemy teams and wait they try to kill each other.

While I think Nicko is a bit lavish with his accusations, I must agree with him: some people simply won't stop calling for nerfs. Now sorcs neither have "OP shields" nor "OP mobility", yet you call for nerfs to Fury and Streak instead of asking for a better scoring system.

I call for adjustement not to destroy a class. 4 sec Wrath's debuff allows stealing kills easily: team A fights team B, a team C sorc puts mage's wrath on everyone's head, now in your opinion who gets more kills?

Take the timer away, make it an ordinary execute. While we're at it, also remove implosion (even if implosion is nearly useless on mag sorcs anyway). Just right after the nerfs to shields and boundless. Don't forget you called for nerfs to streak as well.

Now tell me what you have left.

E: to not lengthen this further: if you're done thinking about that, start comparing that to other classes like NBs, stamdens.
    And, most importanlty, kill stealing is an issue in 1 mode out of all this game has to offer. No PvE, cyro and most BGs don't care about kill scores. And the only occassion this matters could be handled by changing the scoring system instead of gutting a bland class further.

Why are you so opposed to change scoring instead of nerfing a class?

I'm not opposing to change scoring system, if you have in mind a better scoring system suggest it.
    Streak have nothing to deal with damage and kill stealing, it's about survivability in the next patch where everyone's mobility get nerfed the mag sorc can still streak around happily, maybe with the dark exchange change streak cannot be spammed like before, we'll see

People already did that. Don't know why you ignore that. Counting kills on dmg done in X seconds prior to the kill would eliminate stealing, just as an example.

Should I really go into the bolded bait? Okay, just scratching the surface

You can't spam streak, you need DC for it, right. But what do you think how often you can spam DC without serving yourself on a silver plate to everyone with a CC? Sorcs need to incorporate resistances and max health more now, something else will suffer for those.

You can easily follow every streaker via gap closer. In your other thread you said gc are not worth it. With the current changes to mE and speed pots, they gain value. And yes, you can even follow them over environmental gaps.

And last but most importantly, the devs said we shouldn't rely on wards alone to survive. Guess what, mobility is what else magsorcs have. Healing options are lackluster. Expedition on boundless nerfed. No snare removal option. Streak is all that's left.

So I ask you again, what of a class do you have left (especially compared to well designed classes, e.g.NBs) when you take away Fury and Streak as well?

To come full circle again, point is some people will never stop complaining, no matter how much you nerf magsorcs into the ground. Frags, Dark Conversion, Wards, Rune Cage, Overload, Boundless nerfed. Still room to gut what's left, right?

They nerfed the wrong stuff, i played mag sorc, not a lot, but enough to understand the weaknesses and and the strenghts. In my opinion shields don't need any nerf because you have no heals. But i face everyday sorcs staying alive in situations where nobody can just streaking away, you can't deny it, simply you can't. I agree with you about almost everything you say, but on streak and wrath no, they allow sorcs to do stuffs that others can't. Sorcs deserve a better source of heals and deserve that shield breaker and all other source of oblivion damage get erased from the game and they can deal with wrath and streak adjustement.
    Edited by Tonno_SenSei on October 10, 2018 11:30AM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not request for nerf but why developers not changes anything about this skill,

The problem is not the fury is the calculations of the game if they are based in killing blows and not in damage.

You all whined so hard about sorcs you will barely see some in next patch, keep up the good work whine babies.

The devs had nerfed the wrong stuff, shields were ok, but mage's wrath need a little adjustement, especially for BGs. Everybody can steal kills, even without execute but with mage's wrath you can lead your team to victory stealing kills easily from a safe spot. I'm not saying that every sorc is play like this, but you can win a BG just putting curse and wrath on top of enemy teams and wait they try to kill each other.

While I think Nicko is a bit lavish with his accusations, I must agree with him: some people simply won't stop calling for nerfs. Now sorcs neither have "OP shields" nor "OP mobility", yet you call for nerfs to Fury and Streak instead of asking for a better scoring system.

I call for adjustement not to destroy a class. 4 sec Wrath's debuff allows stealing kills easily: team A fights team B, a team C sorc puts mage's wrath on everyone's head, now in your opinion who gets more kills?

Take the timer away, make it an ordinary execute. While we're at it, also remove implosion (even if implosion is nearly useless on mag sorcs anyway). Just right after the nerfs to shields and boundless. Don't forget you called for nerfs to streak as well.

E: to not lengthen this further: if you're done thinking about that, start comparing that to other classes like NBs, stamdens.
    And, most importanlty, kill stealing is an issue in 1 mode out of all this game has to offer. No PvE, cyro and most BGs don't care about kill scores. And the only occassion this matters could be handled by changing the scoring system instead of gutting a bland class further.

I'm not opposing to change scoring system, if you have in mind a better scoring system suggest it.
    Streak have nothing to deal with damage and kill stealing, it's about survivability in the next patch where everyone's mobility get nerfed the mag sorc can still streak around happily, maybe with the dark exchange change streak cannot be spammed like before, we'll see

People already did that. Don't know why you ignore that. Counting kills on dmg done in X seconds prior to the kill would eliminate stealing, just as an example.

You can't spam streak, you need DC for it, right. But what do you think how often you can spam DC without serving yourself on a silver plate to everyone with a CC? Sorcs need to incorporate resistances and max health more now, something else will suffer for those.

You can easily follow every streaker via gap closer. In your other thread you said gc are not worth it. With the current changes to mE and speed pots, they gain value. And yes, you can even follow them over environmental gaps.

And last but most importantly, the devs said we shouldn't rely on wards alone to survive. Guess what, mobility is what else magsorcs have. Healing options are lackluster. Expedition on boundless nerfed. No snare removal option. Streak is all that's left.

So I ask you again, what of a class do you have left (especially compared to well designed classes, e.g.NBs) when you take away Fury and Streak as well?

To come full circle again, point is some people will never stop complaining, no matter how much you nerf magsorcs into the ground. Frags, Dark Conversion, Wards, Rune Cage, Overload, Boundless nerfed. Still room to gut what's left, right?

They nerfed the wrong stuff, i played mag sorc, not a lot, but enough to understand the weaknesses and and the strenghts. In my opinion shields don't need any nerf because you have no heals. But i face everyday sorcs staying alive in situations where nobody can just streaking away, you can't deny it, simply you can't. I agree with you about almost everything you say, but on streak and wrath no, they allow sorcs to do stuffs that others can't. Sorcs deserve a better source of heals and deserve that shield breaker and all other source of oblivion damage get erased from the game and they can deal with wrath and streak adjustement.

Okay, then we have to agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that.
    Just as a final word on "hey allow sorcs to do stuffs that others can't". Cloak and Shade allows NB to pull stuff others can't too etc. That is what class diversity/identity should be about. Sadly it get's reduced to a meme as of late.
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair @Chilly-McFreeze , i don't know anyone who called for the frag change or boundless.
    Overload ganking became a thing but that wasn't like there were overload gankers everywhere so it wasn't an issue. The 3rd bar has been a talking point but most people were fine with it.

Rune cage was a blight but that wasn't specifically the actual skill, except the huge range it has. The main issue with rune cage was the buggy CC breaks on anything with a unique animation (fear, rune cage etc).

Dark Deal and Dark Conversion were 2 very different levels of strength tbh because of 1 set, prisoner's rags. Basically a stam sorc can run forever from that. Don't think either really needed the hit they got now because people had to sacrifice a 5 piece set for it.

Wards are where we differ in viewpoints. The 3 shield stack a lot of sorcs run is a blight, and has been for a long time. It gives good players god mode and meh players a huge crutch. Don't agree with the changes made though.
    Week 1 was stupid, week 3's changes still let PvP sorcs can still stack 3 shields and go +100% of their total health, meaning that they still give stupid survivability to essentially "glass cannon" builds. The exact issues they wanted to tackle in this PTS cycle and they blatantly ignored this bit.

But this is a BG thread, not a sorc specific thread lol
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch is all kill stealing Stam sorcs spin to win are the worst offenders.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Deathmatch is all kill stealing Stam sorcs spin to win are the worst offenders.

They are starting to get bad. In most of mine i tend to Fossilize and they die before the CC break as everyone clobbers them. Spin to Win builds are starting to get the level of disdain usually reserved for snipe stackers lol.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANOTHER NERF THAT SORC THREAT

Yeah xD
    Options
  • Carcharodontosaurus
    Izaki wrote: »

Hmm... Impale is dodgeable mate.
    Koensol wrote: »
    To be honest I've always gotten more execute kills with the magblade execute rather that mage's wrath, and that's also a ranged execute.
    To me, there are way too many people dodging out of the execute strike from mages wrath, while the magblade one is undodgeable and sometimes people aren't even aware they are being hit with it if they are focused on someone else
    @Carcharodontosaurus Unbelievable how you got 4 agrees. The magblade execute isn't undodgable at all.. where did you get this nonsense?

The problem with mages wrath isn't that it is too strong, but the way it works kinda breaks battleground scores. One sorc just needs to cast it and when someone from another team does the rest and kills the target, the sorc and his team get the kill. That is just wrong.

Whoops, my bad. What I meant is that compared to mages wrath, I have people constantly dodging, while impale, since it's not telegraphed nearly as much hits people way more consistently. I don't know why I said undodgeable because I agree it's not, it just hits and kills way more often for me.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Threads like these give me migraines. I've also stolen kills from other teams on my stamblade, just wait for the target to be low health. Ambush-incap… kill stolen. It's really not hard. Sorcs are already hurting next patch.
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mages Fury is completely fine.

It's the scoring system (not only in DMs) which needs to be reworked. Oh ZoS.....and when you will be looking into scoring system, look into MMR system as well which currently does more harm than good. And to not forget, create a skill based leaderboard (like in VMA or trials) to replace this cumulative excrement which isn't even worthy of being called a leaderboard.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 10, 2018 6:01PM
    Options
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should really base points in death match off killing blow and damage done. If you do the most damage to someone who dies you get a point, even if you didnt get the killing blow. I feel that would probably address this pretty well.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man the blood isn't even cold yet.
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If sorc's execute is changed, they'll need buffs somewhere else. They're built around the Curse + Frags + CC + Fury combo.

Idk, if people really whine hard enough, maybe make it so the skill has a difference effect if cast on a target that is above 50% health, and then has the lingering execute below 50% (health threshold adjustable). Give sorc a nice DoT pre-50%, an execute afterwards. And prevents the sorc from blanketing high health people in the lingering execute on the off chance another team has been setting up a burst so they can KS.

Sorcs get a nice DoT while retaining their execute, a much needed PvE buff, etc etc.

Read this part after you reply to this idea, if you do so
    If you focused in on the 50% and immediately screeched "OMFG 50% THAT SUCKS" or somesuch with nothing else, a devil just got a bigger, more powerful poking stick and used it to stab someone in the butt. Shame!
    Edited by Tonturri on October 11, 2018 1:39AM
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think whoever procs Mage's Fury should get credit for the kill.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They nerfed the wrong stuff

They nerf the wrong stuff because when you have a spoiled playerbase who constantly complain about skills named "AAAAAAA" to "ZZZZZZZZ" then it's easy for ZOS to nerf everything.

In the mean time, we keep the wrongly nerfed stuff and they ADD new nerfs. Never happened some "oops we ZOS nerfed the wrong stuff, we undo it".

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

That wouldn’t help with the complaints. People would still rave about Sorcs being 28m away and casting Fury, although it’s no different to spamming any other ranged execute. It really is an unreal and unreasonable Sorc agenda issue.

Besides, it wouldn’t help with BG scoring either. Killing blows as the deciding factor just doesn’t tell a lot about individual player performance at all.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

That wouldn’t help with the complaints. People would still rave about Sorcs being 28m away and casting Fury, although it’s no different to spamming any other ranged execute. It really is an unreal and unreasonable Sorc agenda issue.

Besides, it wouldn’t help with BG scoring either. Killing blows as the deciding factor just doesn’t tell a lot about individual player performance at all.

If more damage done gives more points, that would destroy gank builds in BG. Longer battles result in more damage done. None of my battles are long, either I kill them in 2-3 secs or they do the same to me.
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

If more damage done gives more points, that would destroy gank builds in BG. Longer battles result in more damage done. None of my battles are long, either I kill them in 2-3 secs or they do the same to me.

Don't forget about Elemental Blockade builds (magblades, magwardens, but mostly magDKs). MagDKs built around blockade tend to have much higher total damage than everyone else, besides the fact that their impact on match results is pretty minimal.
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All that needs to happen is either Mage's Wrath needs to be reworked to not be a preapplied execute, or the scoring for preapplied executes needs to be reworked to give the kill to whoever caused the execute to proc.

The problem is Sorc's applying Mage's Wrath to an entire team, somebody else comes and brings them down to execute range, then the Sorc gets the kill. So, address that. Remove the preapplied aspect, or take the preapplied aspect into account for scoring.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    All that needs to happen is either Mage's Wrath needs to be reworked to not be a preapplied execute, or the scoring for preapplied executes needs to be reworked to give the kill to whoever caused the execute to proc.

The problem is Sorc's applying Mage's Wrath to an entire team, somebody else comes and brings them down to execute range, then the Sorc gets the kill. So, address that. Remove the preapplied aspect, or take the preapplied aspect into account for scoring.

Reworking Fury/Wrath by removing the application window would a) take another unique Sorc feature away, b) necessitate a damage increase on the execute, and c) a higher execute threshold.

I'm not a fan of this, and I'm sure the complaints would be even louder than now.
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Reworking Fury/Wrath by removing the application window would a) take another unique Sorc feature away, b) necessitate a damage increase on the execute, and c) a higher execute threshold.

I'm not a fan of this, and I'm sure the complaints would be even louder than now.

Then adjust scoring, as per my second suggestion.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE NEED MORE SORC NERFS

or

DELETE SORC CLASS
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. The Mages wrath execute does not even work. Most likely it fails to deliver 1 times out 3 due to game engine.

That is pretty much all that need fixing regarding that skill. Make it actually work.

These threads are "hilarious" nowdays. You can pretty much sums these up by people been salty due to their incompetence killing mag sorcs. Well.. that is learn to play issue at best due the sorcs not been top of the food chain for longtime.

Tip for those users.. Heavy armour StamWarden with spin to win skills etc.. guaranteed success no matter how bad of an player you actually are.

As for the Mages Wrath... absolutely it needs fixing so that the skill would actually activate when you want it. Otherwise just fine.
    Edited by Miswar on October 11, 2018 8:40AM
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Lol. The Mages wrath execute does not even work. Most likely it fails to deliver 1 times out 3 due to game engine.

That is pretty much all that need fixing regarding that skill. Make it actually work.

These threads are "hilarious" nowdays. You can pretty much sums these up by people been salty due to their incompetence killing mag sorcs. Well.. that is learn to play issue at best due the sorcs not been top of the food chain for longtime.

Tip for those users.. Heavy armour StamWarden with spin to win skills etc.. guaranteed success no matter how bad of an player you actually are.

As for the Mages Wrath... absolutely it needs fixing so that the skill would actually activate when you want it. Otherwise just fine.

Mage's Wrath absolutely does need to be adjusted in how it affects scoring. Sorcs should not be able to just cast a skill on somebody from the max range of Wrath then nine times out of ten get the kill. Doesn't even matter if you're a good player or not, something needs to be done about it. No other execute enables this other than Wrath.
    Edited by jcm2606 on October 11, 2018 8:42AM
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »

Mage's Wrath absolutely does need to be adjusted in how it affects scoring. Sorcs should not be able to just cast a skill on somebody from the max range of Wrath then nine times out of ten get the kill. Doesn't even matter if you're a good player or not, something needs to be done about it. No other execute enables this other than Wrath.

As said the skill itself fails to launch propably 1 times out 3..

It seems that you might have missed some recent developments....

* Frags have been runned to ground due to nerfs
    * There is no functional cc's left for the class
    * Shields will be wrecked it seems and will result a lot of players quitting eso. Than again you are complaining about non cp bg so that is good news to you since the shields will utter jokes in the future and suck even todays live. So I fail to see how you have problems with mag sorcs...
    * There are no heals either from the class...
    * Defensive rune was nerfed to dust already... and now dark deals etc worthless.
    * It seems curse was also nerfed vs nightblades
    * Class passives are joke when comparing to most classes

..and the list goes on...and the skill was already non functional and unreliable.

The bg kill stealers are "spin to win stamina builds" and Snipe builds.

You have 2 stam wardens, 1-2 heal bot templar(s) running in premade groups killing at will and taking 0 damage themselves.

That is your kill stealer in bg....

Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I disagree. Will people still complain? Sure, but it would certainly make things more fair. Nothing pisses me off more than bursting an opponent just to feed an opposing team a kill.
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As said the skill itself fails to launch propably 1 times out 3..

What does that have to do with the skill enabling Sorc's to blatantly steal kills by simply casting this ability on somebody, letting somebody else bring the target down to execute range, then getting the credit for the kill in most cases? I'm talking about that, and offering a solution that doesn't even involve touching the skill, but how deathmatch handles team scoring.
    It seems that you might have missed some recent developments....

* Frags have been runned to ground due to nerfs
    * There is no functional cc's left for the class
    * Shields will be wrecked it seems and will result a lot of players quitting eso. Than again you are complaining about non cp bg so that is good news to you since the shields will utter jokes in the future and suck even todays live. So I fail to see how you have problems with mag sorcs...
    * There are no heals either from the class...
    * Defensive rune was nerfed to dust already... and now dark deals etc worthless.
    * It seems curse was also nerfed vs nightblades
    * Class passives are joke when comparing to most classes
    • Frags being nerfed was stupid from the beginning.
    • "No functional cc's" is an overstatement, considering you still have options available that work in most cases, and synergise with your kit. Rune Prison has been hit far harder than I think it should have been, yes, but it is still a viable option for CC.
    • The shield nerfs at this point have basically been reverted. The outrage was at cast times, which, if you haven't noticed, have been replaced with a 50% health cap. But when you take into account that damage can be mitigated before it hits shields, I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually stronger than they are on live currently. Testing needs to be done first before we can declare shields as being wrecked.
    • Surge, the pet, and Dark Exchange.
    • See my comments on Rune Prison. I honestly think all the nerfs need to be reverted, the break free needs to be fixed, then Zenimax, the reps, and the community need to take a long gander at what is making the skill so strong to begin with, then go about adjusting it. Or, just revert the nerf to Frags, since that nerf is what sparked the whole Rune Prison debacle.
    • If you're referring to Curse supposedly counting as an aoe, and hence being reduced by Major/Minor Evasion, then FYI, Sorc is not the only class to be hit by this indirect nerf, and it is far from being the worst hit. Templar & Warden are both by far the worst off with Major/Minor Evasion the way they currently are. Templar's entire kit basically has a hard counter, and a central aspect of Warden's burst combo also has a hard counter. Hell, I'd argue DK was hit worse than Sorc, as DK relies on leap to secure kills, which will now be reduced by Major/Minor Evasion.
    • Hah, DK passives would like a word.

Regardless, none of your points excuse Sorc having access to a skill that enables blatant kill stealing. And, again, I've suggested a nerf that doesn't even touch Wrath.
    The bg kill stealers are "spin to win stamina builds" and Snipe builds.

S2W builds are very strong, and are a cancer of their own right, but they do not enable kill stealing like Wrath does. To steal kills with S2W, you risk dying yourself, and you actually have to put effort into killing somebody. Wrath? You can tag your target with it, let somebody else bring your target down, and Wrath secures the kill for you in most cases.
    You have 2 stam wardens, 1-2 heal bot templar(s) running in premade groups killing at will and taking 0 damage themselves.

Premades are an entirely different issue, and aren't relevant to this discussion at all.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Regardless, none of your points excuse Sorc having access to a skill that enables blatant kill stealing. And, again, I've suggested a nerf that doesn't even touch Wrath.

Actually its the other way around. Its not wrath that enables kill stealing. Its the BG scoring system that enables kill stealing. You are knocking on the wrong door. The BG scoring system enables kill stealing through executes that can self proc their execute bonus. Thats wrath and jesus beam.

But whatever, rework wrath. This whole unique delayed burst thing is dumb and dead anw.
    Options
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a pretty serious issue, I'm surprised it's not being brought up more often. My team might deal all of the damage to another team in in BGs while one sorc is staying behind the corner spamming mages' wrath for quite some time before they're defeated and he gets all the credit.

I would suggest making it so mage's wrath explosion doesn't count as a killing blow, but the one hit before that would. That way sorcerers who actually defeat their opponents will get the credit.
    Options