The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Mage's Wrath Skill in BG a.k.a Kill's Stealer

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Its not request for nerf but why developers not changes anything about this skill,

Sorcerers out there are just simply stealing kill's using this skill.
Edited by Lord_Eomer on October 9, 2018 3:34PM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean the sorc execute is executing people?

Who would've thought?
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

Who would've thought?

Look at other execute Impale, killer blade, Radiant Destruction and answer yourself if what is stealing kills? this execute is AOE execute and on top of implosion its simply shining
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on October 9, 2018 3:52PM
    Options
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more of my kills stolen by Spin2Win than mages wrath these days tbh.
    Edited by likecats on October 9, 2018 4:47PM
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    likecats wrote: »
    I have more of my kills stolen by Spin2Win than major wrath these days tbh.

But you can not execute it from Range!
    Options
  • Carcharodontosaurus
    To be honest I've always gotten more execute kills with the magblade execute rather that mage's wrath, and that's also a ranged execute.
    To me, there are way too many people dodging out of the execute strike from mages wrath, while the magblade one is less telegraphed and sometimes people aren't even aware they are being hit with it if they are focused on someone else
    Edited by Carcharodontosaurus on October 10, 2018 3:54PM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made it completely dodgeable and people are still complaining? The correct question would be: Why is Deathmatch score tied to killing blows and not to damage done?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I barely see any sorcs in PvP nowadays lol. I suspect this will be a non issue next patch when the few remaining ones switch to magplar or stamblade
    Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a sorc tank in there (PvE) swapping inner Fire for Mages Wrath and ending up with 10 kills. Granted i was bubbling them with Suppression field a lot too.

ZOS just need to rework how the kill is calculated on your own teams kills.

The skill itself is fine.
    Edited by OneKhajiitCrimeWave on October 9, 2018 4:37PM
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a sorc on your team if it's score you worried about. They a part of the make up, with a healer etc etc.

Or is it personal score in team you concerned about?

Regardless its a scoring issue not a sorc problem, in particular now its dodgable, and either way the hand full of sorcs still playing after the Mire shouldn't bother anyone lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would've thought?

Look at other execute Impale, killer blade, Radiant Destruction and answer yourself if what is stealing kills? this execute is AOE execute and on top of implosion its simply shining

The Implosion passive that only has a 6% chance to happen (at max rank) if the opponent is below 15% health? The one that, if it didn't exist, you'd still likely die to the ability that proc'd it (because the damage from the passive is apparently counted first)? It's far from OP, and I actually wish we had something more widely useful.

To be honest, I also wouldn't mind if the execute were reworked to be like an actual execute and do more damage the lower the enemy's health was. It might make it more useful everywhere, including PvE, and might quiet the nerf sorc brigade.

(Who am I kidding? The only thing that will quiet those folks is sorcs' wholesale deletion from the game.)

That said, if my execute is faster than your execute, the kill is mine. It's not your kill until you make their hp bar hit zero. Having done deathmatch bgs on a Magknight, as well as my sorc, that understanding makes them less frustrating.
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would've thought?

It's due to the nature of the skill, automatically detonating at the 20% hp threshold, rather than requiring player imput at the right percentage to execute. It's part of magsorc class pvp identity, the whole delayed burst thing. If the kill stealing because of this skill is perceived as a problem in BGs, the correct answer would indeed be this:
    Feanor wrote: »
    They made it completely dodgeable and people are still complaining? The correct question would be: Why is Deathmatch score tied to killing blows and not to damage done?

Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides, the only complaint that can be had here is if a Sorc is pre-loading the execute from the back. In which case, maybe kill the sorc first..

And if the sorc is casting the execute when players are in execute range, they aren't doing anything a nightblade, spin2win spammer, radiant destruction user, or reverse slash spammer cannot already do.
    Options
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage done would be a much more stupid solution IMO. The best way to do damage in BGs is to layout ground AOEs. You'd be surprised how much more damage I did when I slotted caltrops for fun. Did the caltrops actually make a big impact however? Nope.
    Edited by likecats on October 9, 2018 4:39PM
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage done would be a much more stupid solution IMO. The best way to do damage in BGs is to layout ground AOEs. You'd be surprised how much more damage I did when I slotted caltrops for fun. Did the caltrops actually make a big impact however? Nope.

Agreed, damage done would favor non-pvp builds that hit as many players as possible without actually trying to kill anything.
    Options
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an execute skill. Every build has access to one.
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correlation =/= causation

Just because you slotted caltrops for fun, doesn't mean your damage increase was because of caltrops. There are too many factors to account for in BG scenarios.
    jaws343 wrote: »

Agreed, damage done would favor non-pvp builds that hit as many players as possible without actually trying to kill anything.

This is also not really a realistic scenario as non-PVP builds would spend their time dying all the time to actually have an impact on the damage statistic.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because you slotted caltrops for fun, doesn't mean your damage increase was because of caltrops. There are too many factors to account for in BG scenarios.

This is also not really a realistic scenario as non-PVP builds would spend their time dying all the time to actually have an impact on the damage statistic.

I deal more damage and get more kills in BGs on my glass cannon PVE sorc than I do on my PVP built sorc. Because my PVP built sorc is made to survive and 1vx and grind out kills and my PVE sorc is made to deal a ton of damage and has little health or defense. Does it die alot, sure. But in the time it takes to kill me, I have killed a few players and have done a ton of damage. And with the right team, a full damage specced sorc doesn't even need health or defense because the TTK is low and your allies can act as shields. So you are wrong here. In a match that calculated damage done and not killing blow, my Siroria/BSW wearing PVE sorc with Illambris would dominate BGs even more.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well that didnt take long. People really wont be happy until the class is deleted. Lol
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »

@Mintaka5

What about Magwarden?? I cannot seem to think of one. Or magDK.

Jesus beam for Templar
    Impale for NB
    Mages wrath for sorcs

Reverse slash and steel tornado for stamina

Am I missing any?
    Edited by Casul on October 9, 2018 5:06PM
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes! This...
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I deal more damage and get more kills in BGs on my glass cannon PVE sorc than I do on my PVP built sorc. Because my PVP built sorc is made to survive and 1vx and grind out kills and my PVE sorc is made to deal a ton of damage and has little health or defense. Does it die alot, sure. But in the time it takes to kill me, I have killed a few players and have done a ton of damage. And with the right team, a full damage specced sorc doesn't even need health or defense because the TTK is low and your allies can act as shields. So you are wrong here. In a match that calculated damage done and not killing blow, my Siroria/BSW wearing PVE sorc with Illambris would dominate BGs even more.

This simply means you are in very low MMR
    Options
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »

MagDk still waiting for that.
    Options
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is you can use Mage's Wrath on enemy at 50% hp and it can still work. For example;

Me from group A
    A magsroc from group B
    A random player from group C

While I am fighting with an enemy from group C a sorc from group can put mage's wrath on the enemy at like 40% health and manege to get that enemy down below %20 health in 1-2 second I trigger the execute of that sorc then it's most likely a kill steal.

Execute skills are fine but a delayed execute that anybody else can trigger without intent is a problem. You don't even have to try at that point. You can just use mage's wrath on everybody and watch them try to kill each other.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does MMR have to do with damage output?
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well. Choose opponents better and kill faster?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Sorc main, I would be happy to see this skill changed to a traditional execute (instead of the delayed debuff). It would need to work below around 25 or 30% to make up for the lost damage from being able to apply before the target hits execute range. This would have minimal impact on real sorcerer effectiveness, while preventing a lot of the “kill stealing” in BGs. I suspect that there are some statistics that show sorc PVP performance as top of the pack due to kill/death ratios, and that is the root cause of the continuing barrage of nerfs to the class. In reality Sorc is below average in pretty much every aspect of the game, but still generates more hate threads and nerf requests than any other.
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does MMR have to do with damage output?

Because the high damage output a PVE build provides is not enough to actually kill good players who know what they are doing. And at that point all it takes is for them to swat you like a fly as they survive your damage and outsustain you, while you are made out of paper
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just when you think they have really exhausted all the possible nerfs, we get someone with more creative ideas about how to make our class even crappier in Nerfmire.
    Options
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skill itself is fine. The problem is just having killing blows being the measure of kills in bgs.
    Options