The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A magicka version of forward momentum

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
If you want to put magicka and stamina on equal footing for movement they need to have a magicka version of forward momentum. I suggest changing the psijic order spell accelerate morph, channeled acceleration, to an instant cast spell that gives the same morph bonus of forward momentum. This would put magicka at least close to stamina when it comes to pvp mobility.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure then I can drop Vampire on two of my characters.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or the other morph of elemental drain ( I know it wont be popular just an idea) :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should be built into the passive of Light armor. They need to buff LA snare reduction and maybe offer an immobilize reduction if swift/FM gets nerfed.

Makes sense; you are literally wearing cloth.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yus plz
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Zaryc
    Zaryc
    ✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    If you want to put magicka and stamina on equal footing for movement they need to have a magicka version of forward momentum. I suggest changing the psijic order spell accelerate morph, channeled acceleration, to an instant cast spell that gives the same morph bonus of forward momentum. This would put magicka at least close to stamina when it comes to pvp mobility.

No please not. Maybe add it on the other morph instead of sprint cost reduction, but leave Channeled Acceleration as it is as it is a good source of Minor Force for magicka builds.

I guess the drama would be immense if they change it.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want that easy access to this outside any weapon skilline then before put ourt forward momentum into maybe fighters guild to be equal with your idea - no force to use this weapon even if you dont want to get this

EDIT: and on other side I myself dont like how op it is especially in compare to medium armor skill with snare immune
    Edited by Edziu on September 26, 2018 10:41PM
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    How about no?
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • templesus
      templesus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      This is just going to turn into another Magicka vs Stamina thread. Inb4 people ask for a stamina ele drain.
      Edited by templesus on September 26, 2018 10:44PM
    • ccmedaddy
      ccmedaddy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      How about no?
      Your signature... yikes.
    • redspecter23
      redspecter23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If the design intention is to make magicka the mobility playstyle then it does make more sense for a forward momentum type ability to be tied to light armor, possibly as an active skill to replace harness magicka, especially if ZOS also believes that shields are more in flavor for heavy armor/health based.

I think we're seeing the start of changes intended to bring an identity to each armor type and the shield changes are a part of that. We may very well see other shifts as well, including moving mobility based abilities into light armor. It also would not surprise me to see vigor toned down or outright moved into light armor/magicka is it's determined that healing to that degree is not in flavor for medium armor/stamina anymore. I'm not saying I'd be overly happy to see that, but it may be where we're headed.
    • OrphanHelgen
      OrphanHelgen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The reason community want things equal, is because of the developers lack of creativity.
      PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    • Stibbons
      Stibbons
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Light armor players should run and move fastest. Hvy armor fatsos should be slower allways.
    • ScruffyWhiskers
      ScruffyWhiskers
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stibbons wrote: »
      Light armor players should run and move fastest. Hvy armor fatsos should be slower allways.

Would be really interesting if you got -X speed penalty for 5 heavy, neutral for 5 medium and +Y speed bonus for 5 light. Never happen though.
    • olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      All the classes should get the same buff that dks got with one of the scale morphs. 2 second snare purge and immunity.

PC EU
      PvP only
    • usmguy1234
      usmguy1234
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ccmedaddy wrote: »
      How about no?
      Your signature... yikes.

Seriously.... the rant spoiler nearly made me choke on my breakfast.
      Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
      Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
      Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
      Eirius- Altmer Magdk
      Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• lucky_dutch
      lucky_dutch
      ✭✭✭✭
      Would not be unreasonable in light of the shield nerfs.
    • acw37162
      acw37162
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Consider FM is on a fast track to a nerf gonna pass on this idea until the dust settles
    • mojomood
      mojomood
      ✭✭✭
      FM is gonna get nerfed, as is swift. I'm fine with both if they add snare and immobilization immunity access to magicka characters without needing vamp. While I would love a Mage Guild skill to be an FM equivalent (Self buffed major sorcery, snare immunity) with a morph that adds a heal and the other as a bound weapons for magicka scaling of light and heavy attacks on melee weapons, that's not where ZOS is headed.
      Light and medium should play fast with penetration being more accessible for light. That evens a lot of the play. Additionally, break free and dodge roll should be a base cost plus a percent of max stam. This type scaling will allow magicka builds a dodge roll and a break free without wearing shackle or all tri-glyphs. I would personally like to see the speed cap on heavy reduced so that builds can sprint and use major expedition but never be as fast as a medium or light armor wearer that builds for speed.
      Edited by mojomood on September 30, 2018 5:35PM
    • elfantasmo
      elfantasmo
      ✭✭✭
      You can’t make a sweeping statement about stam characters because not everyone runs 2h. About 6 months ago I suggested adding major sorcery to this skill then it is fair. Ez.
    • Stigant
      Stigant
      ✭✭✭✭
      -Give us balance
      -Give us equality
      -Give us Stam Whip
      -Give us magicka version of Forward Momentum
      -Give us magicka version of Bone Pirate's Tatters
      -Give us survivalability of HA on LA and MA
      -Give us mobility of MA on LA and HA

Give us class identity and build diversity ... wait how? When all we 're asking is mirroring Stam and magicka.
      How about this. Let's scrap Stam and magicka. Let's have a Health and "resource". Let's have all access to all the skills that costs and scales of the "resource" and than just put effects and animations on it via skins from crown store... there you go. BALANCE
      Edited by Stigant on September 30, 2018 6:12PM
    • mojomood
      mojomood
      ✭✭✭
      Stigant wrote: »
      -Give us balance
      -Give us equality
      -Give us Stam Whip
      -Give us magicka version of Forward Momentum
      -Give us magicka version of Bone Pirate's Tatters
      -Give us survivalability of HA on LA and MA
      -Give us mobility of MA on LA and HA

Give us class identity and build diversity ... wait how? When all we 're asking is mirroring Stam and magicka.
      How about this. Let's scrap Stam and magicka. Let's have a Health and "resource". Let's have all access to all the skills that costs and scales of the "resource" and than just put effects and animations on it via skins from crown store... there you go. BALANCE

Naked fists only duels. Balance.
    • ak_pvp
      ak_pvp
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Copy pasted from the other stupid thread:
      No. You don't just get to be immune to mechanics because you want to. (Neither should stam builds) Snares are too strong when they work, but going "gib me immunity pls" does nothing but kill other playstyles and gloss over the actual problem.
      They should just nerf snares to a fair amount and remove immunities all together, instead opting for a soft counter reduction..
      MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
      Best houseknight EU.
    • Abysswarrior45
      Abysswarrior45
      ✭✭✭✭
      High mobility is unique to stamina players. No.
    • StamWhipCultist
      StamWhipCultist
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Would say that it would be only fair if you ask for this to ask for stamina purge as well.
      I say magicka has mistform as forward momentumlike skill anyways.
    • Feanor
      Feanor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      4.2.0 introduced the new Recovery passive:
      It now reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 1/2/4% per piece of Light Armor worn, and reduces the cost of Sprint by 1/2/3% per piece of Light Armor worn.

Assuming a standard 5-1-1 setup this means 20% less effectiveness of snares. Does this mean a 20% shorter duration? Or does this mean a 30% snare becomes a 10% snare? Either way, sounds like not enough to me, because there are so many strong snares still in the game that can be spammed cheaply.
      Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
      Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
      All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    • StamWhipCultist
      StamWhipCultist
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Feanor wrote: »
      It now reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 1/2/4% per piece of Light Armor worn, and reduces the cost of Sprint by 1/2/3% per piece of Light Armor worn.

Assuming a standard 5-1-1 setup this means 20% less effectiveness of snares. Does this mean a 20% shorter duration? Or does this mean a 30% snare becomes a 10% snare? Either way, sounds like not enough to me, because there are so many strong snares still in the game that can be spammed cheaply.

If additive with warden bonus ( -15% snares), it will make magden not affected at all by any snare below 35%
    • Pastas
      Pastas
      ✭✭✭
      Stibbons wrote: »

Would be really interesting if you got -X speed penalty for 5 heavy, neutral for 5 medium and +Y speed bonus for 5 light. Never happen though.

I always thogth that medium armour was the movility one, my bad.
      Edited by Pastas on October 1, 2018 10:32AM
      WARNING
      This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
      Read on your own risk
      AD
      Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
      Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
      EP
      Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
      DC
      Melkar Spellius Magden
      PC EU
    • Koensol
      Koensol
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Feanor wrote: »

No, I suppose it works just like the ranger's gait set, which reduces the ecfectiveness of snares by 50%. When wearing that, a snare that reduces movement speed by 50% becomes 25%. So with the new recovery passive, a 50% snare would become 40%.
    • Sheuib
      Sheuib
      ✭✭✭✭
      Zaryc wrote: »

No please not. Maybe add it on the other morph instead of sprint cost reduction, but leave Channeled Acceleration as it is as it is a good source of Minor Force for magicka builds.

I guess the drama would be immense if they change it.

Minor Force is part of the base skill. It is also in both morphs.
    • Sheuib
      Sheuib
      ✭✭✭✭

Would say that it would be only fair if you ask for this to ask for stamina purge as well.
      I say magicka has mistform as forward momentumlike skill anyways.

Mistform is a crappy skill that magicka players are forced to use. You can't do anything while you are using it. You can't even sprint. So, someone sprinting without major expedition is going faster. People just run along side you waiting for you to come out of mist form and then kill you. And, you don't even get resources back when you are using it. Not to mention the fire resistance penalty.