The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alternative to zos rendering sorc and light armour basically dead in the water

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly do not understand why this concept is so difficult for ZOS to comprehend.

Light Armor: High damage, Low resistance
    Medium Armor: Medium damage, Medium resistance
    Heavy Armor: Low damage, High resistance

Class and weapon skills should be neutral or agnostic to this dynamic.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I honestly do not understand why this concept is so difficult for ZOS to comprehend.

To paraphrase Gordon Ramsay, "Finally, some good &%@&#% ideas!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Good in theory, but medium armor would go underused. Most people don't care about being well rounded. Min/max builds (so heavy and light in your scenario) tend to be most popular. Just anecdotal evidence, but it's what I have noticed. I think that's why they went with magic and physical focus for the armors.
    Edited by Somewhere on September 26, 2018 11:40PM
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    notyuu wrote: »
    Might sound a little crazy, but the fact that you can just throw up a ward AND maintain attacking output at a high rate so..something needs to be done about wards in general, what zos came up with was "lets put a cast time on it" which pretty much means the magic users are dead...end up...no if, no but..just..dead...and that's bad, really bad REALLY REALLY bad

What I would suggest instead is..keep ward as it is right now...insta cast, good strength all that shabang..but make it so when you cast it, you the caster are slapped with Minor Maim for as long as the ward remains active [meaning when it breaks or times out the debuff is removed]

if that was done, would you still use ward/sorc?

This doesn't make sense.

So anytime any class uses Vigor they should have their damage reduced by 15% as well. Anytime a class deals damage, all Healing received should be reduced by 8%.

All classes are capable of going completely offensive while having strong HoTs going, with the exception of magplar, who still have decent HoTs going. Casting Vigor pre-engagement is the same thing as Shields btw, except players receive visual gratification for their efforts.

Shields being op is simply a misconception by players who don't understand anything except their class functions.
    Weave twice and then burst, shields will go down. Count to 6 then burst, shields will be down. If they recast shields before 5-6 seconds they also just ruined their offensive rotation so you aren't going to die either. If they shield stack it means you are applying enough pressure that it is required and either keep it up to drain their magicka or you can do the same thing due to Harness. If they can sustain shield stack indefinitely then they do not have enough damage to kill you or you are simply not performing your offensive rotations properly.

I have no problems getting through shields as a stam character and I'm a magicka main. I can beat shields because I know how to play against them. If you lose to someone shield stacking, you probably would have lost to them even if they were using Vigor on a stam character they could play as well as their mag character.