The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to increase the ap for player kills with everyone at bridges and mile gates not defending or taking keeps you will earn less ap per hour. Campaign scores are going to be a lot lower as well.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 14, 2018 8:45PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, I had a blast in IC the last week or so...ended up with about 140k tel var and maybe 7 to 8 hundred keys...

not too bad...ended the event roaming around on my magplar...ended up winning a few 1v1's in a row...

it was great - not sure how, but, there are still folks out there whom have no idea what total dark does :p

did though get caught by a group of three blues - twice - ugh, not sure if it was the same group, but, got me both times for about 2k...

all in all I probably lost 10k to players and bosses...

not too bad...it's tough sometimes rolling solo through the districts - particular if you can't just cloak away and hide...

most times you have no choice but to stand and fight...that's not a bad thing, unless you're in a less than favorable situation - like getting attacked by a xivkyn or grievous twilight while some player also starts attacking you...

definitely had fun throughout - thanks again jake for the scamp :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP StamNB is now lv50. Just need 10 more skill points and he'll be ready.

edit: PTS notes are up BTW

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435633/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-0#latest
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 17, 2018 4:51PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP StamNB is now lv50. Just need 10 more skill points and he'll be ready.

edit: PTS notes are up BTW

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435633/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-0#latest

holy cow captain...some significant changes coming:

Buffs and Debuffs
    Minor/Major Evasion: These buffs no longer grant a passive chance to dodge. They now reduce the damage you take from area of effect attacks by 5/25%. All abilities that previously granted Minor or Major Evasion have been converted to this new effect, and the Blade Cloak ability now grants Major Evasion.
    Developer Comment:
    This change affects the abilities Blur, Evasion, Deceptive Predator, Gossamer, Grace of Gloom, Adept Rider, Hist Bark, and Spectre’s Eye.

As noted above, we spent time fixing issues with dodge, with the goal of making sure that you only dodge abilities/projectiles when you are actually actively dodging. Passive dodge goes against that, so we removed it from the game.

wow, there are a bunch of other changes...looks like they're actually using some input from the class reps...

i think that's a good thing...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 17, 2018 5:04PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is seriously a lot of changes...

Piercing Mark (morph): Decreased the duration of the detection effect to 5 seconds from 30 seconds.

Swallow Soul (morph): This morph now doubles the damage, but decreases the heal to 35% of the damage done and can only target you. The passive Minor Vitality effect has been removed.

Increased the duration of the damage shield for Conjured Ward and the Hardened Ward morph to 9 seconds from 6 seconds.
    This ability and its morphs now have a 1-second cast time, previously an instant cast.

Overload:
    This ability and its morphs no longer grant a third ability bar when toggled on.
    Weapon abilities can now be used while in Overload mode, and are no longer hidden.
    You can no longer generate any Ultimate while this ability is toggled on.

You can now toggle this on when you have 25 Ultimate or more, previously 75 Ultimate.
    Light and Heavy Attacks are now off the global cooldown and can be woven with other abilities.
    Decreased the damage of the Light Attack by approximately 50%.
    Increased the damage of the Heavy Attack by approximately 60%.

Repentance (morph): Different Templars can now repent the same corpse.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields also have a cast time too, among other big changes. This is a huge change for MagSorc in PvP.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields also have a cast time too, among other big changes. This is a huge change for MagSorc in PvP.

fortunately I've always sucked at shield spamming, so, I've found different ways to increase my mag sorc's survivability...

I do use hardened ward though...one second can feel like a very long time :)
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing ESO on console since day 1 - and when it comes to PvP, maybe I'm in the minority but for the past few months I felt they actually got the balance about right. No, I can't kill probably more than 70% of enemy players in a 1v1, but I'm old and I don't have counters to everything. I was cool with that. My build kills some players, and other group members had build that killed others, and overall I was okay with how the game was. Even the perma-block/tank-heal builds could be broken with a little perseverance.

I haven't read the patch notes - no idea yet if my own toons have been nerfed into the ground, but I think drastic changes are risky at this stage in the game's life cycle. You wreck people's most loved, first-character-build toons and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them leave the game. Unless you have a ton of fresh new gamers to replace them, you're cutting your population with drastic changes and the game won't ever fully recover.

Sometimes, minor incremental changes are much less of a shock to the game population than massive ones. Making serious changes to everyone's builds during the traditional Fall new game release season is risky, to put it mildly.
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I've been playing ESO on console since day 1 - and when it comes to PvP, maybe I'm in the minority but for the past few months I felt they actually got the balance about right. No, I can't kill probably more than 70% of enemy players in a 1v1, but I'm old and I don't have counters to everything. I was cool with that. My build kills some players, and other group members had build that killed others, and overall I was okay with how the game was. Even the perma-block/tank-heal builds could be broken with a little perseverance.

I haven't read the patch notes - no idea yet if my own toons have been nerfed into the ground, but I think drastic changes are risky at this stage in the game's life cycle. You wreck people's most loved, first-character-build toons and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them leave the game. Unless you have a ton of fresh new gamers to replace them, you're cutting your population with drastic changes and the game won't ever fully recover.

Sometimes, minor incremental changes are much less of a shock to the game population than massive ones. Making serious changes to everyone's builds during the traditional Fall new game release season is risky, to put it mildly.

Which class do you primarily play dotme?

TequilaFire mainly plays on his MagTemplar, from what I remember, so the biggest change is reduced damage from sweeps due to how Major/Minor Evasion work on PTS(the buff reduces aoe instead of dodging). But then, Sweeps also got buffed too, damage wise.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm solo a lot in Cyrodiil so my main is a wood elf bow-build stamblade. I do belong to a couple of guilds but one is mostly inactive, and another just took a very unexpected and unpleasant turn and now I have to worry about whether or not an enemy player might also be a guildmate. Needless to say that's not going to work for me in the long run. I can't be worried about nameplates when I'm facing down 30+ enemy players.

I also have a magblade bomber and a mag-sorc. I gave up on my sorc for PvP a long time ago - I just couldn't get a feel for it. But my magblade is an old character re-spec'd and I think he might be fun in group settings. All leveled up destro, proxy with gold VD gear.

At some point I'll read the patch notes with a box of tissues nearby to catch the tears... lol

PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade

Assassination

Assassin’s Blade: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.

Mark Target

Piercing Mark (morph): Decreased the duration of the detection effect to 5 seconds from 30 seconds. The duration of the Major Fracture and Breach effects remain unchanged.

Grim Focus:
    Fully-Charged Heavy Attacks now grant 2 stacks towards the spectral bow proc for this ability and its morphs.
    The spectral bow proc is no longer free, and costs half the amount of a regular Grim Focus.

Fixed an issue where you could generate stacks towards the spectral bow proc through unintended means.

Shadow

Consuming Darkness: Fixed an issue where this ability and the Bolstering Darkness morph did not improve as they ranked up. The duration now improves 0.5 seconds per rank.

Path of Darkness: This ability no longer deals damage. It now grants Major Expedition to you and your allies on the path, and for up to 2 seconds after leaving it.

Twisting Path (morph): This morph now adds damage. The damage value is the same as what is currently on Live.
    Refreshing Path: This morph now adds healing. The healing value is equal to the damage value of Twisting Path.

Developer Comment:
    This change to Path of Darkness is aimed at helping each class bring something to the party.

Siphoning

Drain Power

Power Extraction (morph): Increased the damage done by this morph by approximately 25%.

Siphoning Strikes: Fully charged Heavy Attacks now restore twice the amount of Health and resources for this ability and its morphs.

Strife: Reduced the damage done by this ability by half, but it now also heals for 50% of the damage done and can now target you or any ally. The total healing amount remains unchanged.

Swallow Soul (morph): This morph now doubles the damage, but decreases the heal to 35% of the damage done and can only target you. The passive Minor Vitality effect has been removed.

Funnel Health: This morph will now always heal you in addition to an ally.

Developer Comment:
    For the Swallow Soul morph, we wanted to retain the current functionality of dealing high damage, while also providing healing utility to yourself. The amount of healing provided to the group with Strife was so high that there wasn’t enough tradeoff with the morph choice. Now you can still get that super powerful group utility as before, but now it comes at a cost of reduced damage. This is the Funnel Health morph.

Power Extraction might be good enough now to drop 2H for another weapon
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now I have to worry

Just kill them. Seen enough people who swap around, and TBF, if I am caught where I am facing off against guildmates. I give them the hardest time of anyone out there, just to prove my mettle and how capable I am to have as an ally.

No hard feelings, just all business.

Besides, it's a much greater insult to not attack them and let them go scott free.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm solo a lot in Cyrodiil so my main is a wood elf bow-build stamblade. I do belong to a couple of guilds but one is mostly inactive, and another just took a very unexpected and unpleasant turn and now I have to worry about whether or not an enemy player might also be a guildmate. Needless to say that's not going to work for me in the long run. I can't be worried about nameplates when I'm facing down 30+ enemy players.

I also have a magblade bomber and a mag-sorc. I gave up on my sorc for PvP a long time ago - I just couldn't get a feel for it. But my magblade is an old character re-spec'd and I think he might be fun in group settings. All leveled up destro, proxy with gold VD gear.

At some point I'll read the patch notes with a box of tissues nearby to catch the tears... lol

Man it was good to have Insanity back, been trying to convince him to get the band back together and that was a start.
    On the other you may have noticed my absence lately as I feel the same and was staring to butt heads.
    I am on the PTS right now testing a maxed Stamplar as that is what I have been playing lately as well as my Magplar.
    Getting ready to load into Cyro to scout the new goat paths out so I know where they are. lol
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man there are a lot of nooks and crannies in these goat tunnels for gankers to hide! lol
    They added goats so now goat lag? lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 18, 2018 3:53PM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

I’m going to guess it’s our mutual friend @dotme I have heard some disturbing things lately about him.
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my AD altmer mag sorc was the third character i created...of my first five characters, up until now he's the only one whom hasn't really gone through any major revisions in terms of stam/mag focus, weapons or gear...

i already had a character in "backwater" blade, and, another character on whatever the main map was at the time - so, my mag sorc ended up on a map where he could barely get inside bloodmayne or black boot...lots of times i didn't even need to leave our scroll gate to fight...depressing at times, but also a good learning experience to be honest...

from the very beginning (even before i knew there was such a thing as combat leveling) the character was able to compete well, and, out perform my other characters in pvp...

i started with a SnB and destro setup...the rationale being that if i was wearing bed sheets - i'd need all the protection i could get...didn't understand at the time i'd need stamina to make one hand and shield work...

tried using streak but, didn't suit my playstyle...also tried rune cage with poor results...wasn't until a year or so ago that i really took to using a shield full time...

despite wearing 7 light - i wanted to use my mag sorc like my mag dk...encase, curse and frags all the way...i've used overload off an on over the years...

i remember the first time i put complete gear sets on him - 5 phoenix, 5 VD and 2 willpower...kept that combo on for about a year...let the good times (siege kills) roll...

i've gone through a bunch of different gear sets since...right now i'm wearing grothdarr, netch's touch and thunderbug (weapons, legs, chest, and ring)...when i'm able to see it - i love the thunderbug animation...

at some point i may switch out grothdarr for ilambris (still need a shoulder piece)...may also look at switching thunderbug back to julianos, and, just make a couple of heavy pieces...

switched up my rotations a bit and am now using:
    destro: destructive reach, hardened ward, lightening flood, boundless storm, mages wrath and greater storm atronach
    resto: power surge, hardened ward, combat prayer, bound aegis, haunting curse and overload (gonna switch back to soul assault soon)

when i do equip the SnB i'm totally reliant on pots for healing...

i'm not sure what effect the new changes will have on my character...i don't really stick with the meta too much...most times i'm not even aware of what it exactly it might be for a particular character...

to be honest - after the notes yesterday i'm mostly concerned with my nightblades - both use blur for their damage mitigation ability when fighting from range...

yesterday was a rough day on the front page here on the forums...enough people start jumping off a cliff, and, you start to think 'maybe it's not that far down'...

glad i was able to have fun on my mag sorc last night...died during the first keep capture (ran into the inner keep when the doors first went down like a true noob), but, after that - didn't die again...although, to be honest didn't get into many 1v1's or Xv1's either...

i don't know - something about wholesale changes that i'm just not a big fan of...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 18, 2018 7:45PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to cry :p

85 superb imperial reward boxes opened - one polymorph...rngeezus hates me...

I did get a cool looking imperial tunic in one of those hollowjack crates...

those hollowjack mounts look pretty cool...especially the wolf one...

Edit: make that one hundred and five superb imperial reward boxes...

***... maybe I should just farm the 500k stones...

buy a set of imperial physique, join some IC groups and just farm it...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 20, 2018 12:08AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been playing my AD redguard stamblade last couple of days...

he wears spriggans and markmans...was wearing a couple of heavy velidreth, but, kept having problems with siege...went to 2 heavy troll king...

spent most of last night hanging around the nikel lawn getting farmed :)

just one of those rough nights were I didn't have a good handle on my rotation...kept finding myself in bad situations...

starting to question having the character be a vamp...it's great having the extra recovery and being able to run in stealth...

and, I really enjoy the undeath passive - but, fire related siege weapons hit really hard...

when someone hits me with dawnbreaker (which shows up a bunch on my death recap), it hits really hard...

I think what really drive the point home to me last night was that someone actually got me with a silver shard - for like 5k damage :#

after I got over the shock of someone using a crossbow on me - it made me seriously debate the benefits of running a vamp...

my mag dk is also a vamp...he runs mist form though, so, able to negate some of the extra fire damage and fighters guild abilities...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well tequila - you have inspired me :)

after work gonna create a character on the EU server to complete the summerset pathfinder achievement...

haven't started a new character since my two wardens during morrowind release...it ought to be interesting doing the pathfinder quest on a totally new toon...

hopefully there are some crates and at least one mount waiting for me there...seems like this will be fun...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, yeah when I made my EU characters my Imperial horse and summerset senche was available plus some crown crates for supplies. Did EU PC and EU PS4 now characters to level 8 or so. lol
    Very interesting seeing various languages in text chat. Very acceptable ping which was surprising.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 21, 2018 12:38AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in EU vivec now (DC)...the map is really quiet...really quiet...maybe something is going on with AD and EP, but, there are almost no other blue players...

keep trying to annoy this yellow 1vXr with my javelin...it's the best I can hope for...

level 10 with no cp is quite the challenge...

made a blue breton templar...

hmmmm, no imperial horse for me here...

I have all the DLC quest starters...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 21, 2018 4:39AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally found some action...AD kicked us off the map...ended up "fighting" with one other ally for our last scroll...

got to meet their emp - a spin to win stam warden...

all in all, I pretty fun excursion in to EU land...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but did you get the Summerset pathfinder achievement? lol
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So mean dotme, didnt say hi to me at the EP gate :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You went all the way to Europe and forgot to get the Pathfinder? That’s funny af! Congrats on meeting their emp too! I never made it that far.

I was gonna try the no cp or under 50 campaign, but it’s tough on a max level toon here. Vivec is where it’s at!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll most definitely be heading back over the pond to tamriel EU to finish the summerset pathfinder achievement and maybe make a few more characters...

I just wish I had thought of this a while ago and unlocked all of this months daily rewards...a 100k on a new account would really help a lot...

there are some race/class/weapon combos I'm still interested in trying out...

because of the time difference though - I don't really see myself being able to pvp much over there...it was scary empty when I just visited...

I've pvp'd for so many years with my current characters, when I do visit vivec EU it'll be fun trying to figure out how to be successful with some new characters with no cp over there...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, bought me a couple of them oh so stylish earthgore head pieces...

yay...

shoulders were on sale a month or so ago...

couple of interesting jewelry pieces...

I have a set of prisoner's rag, but, I've never used it...

there's also a spinners necklace on sale...
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm trying earthgore reactive and heavy seducer lol it seems like a good setup I'm just happy that they had the earthgore helm I definitely hopped on to get me one of those
    Edited by Jake1576 on September 23, 2018 1:51PM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    I have 15 plus Earthgore heads I farm that dungeon a lot for my guilds healers. It’s nice to see it on the golden tho
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    My guild’s back in Vivec tho and we have helped a lot with getting Ep into second
    I’m a Farmer so what