The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Werewolf Theorycrafting (PvP)

• Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    So for anyone who´s wondering about when the bugged Savage Strength passive will get a fix, here´s your answer:
    We should have a fix for this issue in the next update. Thanks for the information, everyone!

Next update as in Murkmire or next week with maintenance??

Murkmire.

So enjoy 1,5 - 2 months of a bugged werewolf.........

Well, guess I'm done wasting money on ESO. Damn shame.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me think about slapping on Pariah again on my Stamplar WW.

Actually considering a build for the IC event (perfect hunting grounds for WWs). What do you guys think of Pariah/Physique/Kena? Heavy 5/1/1 with enchant/mundus emphasis on sustain. Tristat with max health/stam food. The stats alone would be insane.

Or should I be looking at Troll King?
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually considering a build for the IC event (perfect hunting grounds for WWs). What do you guys think of Pariah/Physique/Kena? Heavy 5/1/1 with enchant/mundus emphasis on sustain. Tristat with max health/stam food. The stats alone would be insane.

Sounds tanky enough :smile:
    Unless you get zerged down by the 30+ man groups that runs around there you should be good. Just remember that werewolfs doesn't get their extra resistance from the savage strength passive atm (since it's bugged). I would go with Trollking and go full defense. You'll kill most stuff anyway :)

But don't forget to invest a lot into magicka recovery (to sustain the heal).
    Edited by Qbiken on September 7, 2018 12:45PM
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you get zerged down by the 30+ man groups that runs around there you should be good. Just remember that werewolfs doesn't get their extra resistance from the savage strength passive atm (since it's bugged). I would go with Trollking and go full defense. You'll kill most stuff anyway :)

Yeah that's exactly why I want to go with Pariah, cause of the stupid bug. You think with Troll King I will still have enough damage? I feel like my stamina pool alone will be a bit weak.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that's exactly why I want to go with Pariah, cause of the stupid bug. You think with Troll King I will still have enough damage? I feel like my stamina pool alone will be a bit weak.

I don´t think you need a huge stamina pool to have a good werewolf build. You´ll see some youtube videos with clickbait titles like "50k+ stamina", but after a quick glance you´ll realise those builds lacks other things.

You need enough stamina to sprint, dodge roll, block and break free. How much that is, is a matter of preference. Personally I try to aim around somewhere between 35-40k stamina (transformed). Having a huge stamina pool just to have a huge stamina pool is pointless as a werewolf. Sure it will contribute a little to your damage, but weapon damage stats will contribute more than max stamina. With Imperial physique you should without any trouble reach 45k+ stamina however.

In terms of damage having around 4-5k weapon damage (big span I know) you'll be able to kill most players (who isn´t a tanky healbot that can´t do anything else than mistform and press Breath of Life). Spamming light attacks to re-apply the bleed is the best tool to deal damage with imo.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my goodness....Chudan not working...WW passive resistance not working....This truly is the Wolfhunter Dlc...ZoS, yall getting real trollish as of recent...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on September 7, 2018 4:02PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don´t think you need a huge stamina pool to have a good werewolf build. You´ll see some youtube videos with clickbait titles like "50k+ stamina", but after a quick glance you´ll realise those builds lacks other things.

You need enough stamina to sprint, dodge roll, block and break free. How much that is, is a matter of preference. Personally I try to aim around somewhere between 35-40k stamina (transformed). Having a huge stamina pool just to have a huge stamina pool is pointless as a werewolf. Sure it will contribute a little to your damage, but weapon damage stats will contribute more than max stamina. With Imperial physique you should without any trouble reach 45k+ stamina however.

In terms of damage having around 4-5k weapon damage (big span I know) you'll be able to kill most players (who isn´t a tanky healbot that can´t do anything else than mistform and press Breath of Life). Spamming light attacks to re-apply the bleed is the best tool to deal damage with imo.

Yeah I'm not worried about stam pool, just damage.

So keep Troll King, but add weapon damage glyphs. Make up for resource sustain with regen food? I mean tanky is nice but I need to kill me some fools.
    Edited by Datolite on September 7, 2018 4:03PM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    my goodness....Chudan not working...WW passive resistance not working....This truly is the Wolfhunter Dlc...ZoS, yall getting real trollish as of recent...

@UppGRAYxDD

I´ve tested Mighty Chudan, and it applies major ward and major resolve, but like a "weaker" version of it. Chudan acts wierd with other sources that gives the same buffs, that´s for sure, but the 2 piece bonus isn´t completely broken.
    Edited by Qbiken on September 7, 2018 5:16PM
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

@Upgrayed

I´ve tested Mighty Chudan, and it applies major ward and major resolve, but like a "weaker" version of it. Chudan acts wierd with other sources that gives the same buffs, that´s for sure, but the 2 piece bonus isn´t completely broken.

thx...just alot harder to test on console...makes sense though with the missing WW resistances why Ive been having a much tougher time in PvP then pre-patch...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken what do u think about Mechanical Aquity on a ww? Do the ww pets proc it aswell?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provided @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Zenimax ever fixes werewolf savage strength so I can pvp again as a ww. Please! I'm getting withdrawl
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a miracle Gina is still able to pick valuable information through the constant ping spam.

Bug was acknowledged, urgency was acknowledged, let's refrain from wasting her time until next Monday.

Personally i'd say it feels nice fighting as a werewolf and performing honorably now that i know a bugfix/buff is coming.

Edited by Aznox on September 11, 2018 7:35PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know i know, but it doesnt hurt to keep complaining. ;-) If we stop people might think the problem doesnt exist, and who knows they might give us a update how fast the fix will come. U pc guys have it lucky, us on console will have 2 wait at least 2 weeks longer then you for a fix :-(
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken what do u think about Mechanical Aquity on a ww? Do the ww pets proc it aswell?

I've tried it. Very good for group play, but not a solo friendly set :/

Not sure if the pets proc it since I don't use the pets, but I procs really easy with light attacks and rhe initial hit from claws of anguish.
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Provided ZOS_GinaBruno
    Zenimax ever fixes werewolf savage strength so I can pvp again as a ww. Please! I'm getting withdrawl

For what it’s worth, CP-enabled campaigns seem much more forgiving with the passive not working. Battlegrounds are quite brutal though - I’ve been doing the daily random at most.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after extensive testing in IC (read: dying) I have decided that the new werewolf fkin sucks.

GREAT PATCH ZOS :D
    Options
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think these buffs seem like a nerf?
    Edited by KharnTheUndying on September 12, 2018 4:40AM
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No the passives are better now, you just have to play a bit more agressive(if they would all would work properly)
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it depends on your build and play style. For me, the active skill changes seem like a slight buff overall. However I’m not sure about the timer changes. Before this patch I have never had my timer run out while someone was attacking me. It’s happened several times now. It really forces you to be more aggressive on a class that already had to play somewhat aggressively.

I really wish the passive was based on damage dealt AND damaged received. It wouldn’t change the maximum uptime much (if at all) but it would allow for more flexibility in play styles.
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken
    with the Clawsof Anguish Defile duration reduced to 4 seconds, do you feel that Claws of Life is worth slotting again???
    Maby compensate with a Desease glyph or something????
    Cause i feel that the reduction has gutted it just like reverberating bash and the heals will really help...
    @Aznox @Chrlynsch
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »

I think it depends on your build and play style. For me, the active skill changes seem like a slight buff overall. However I’m not sure about the timer changes. Before this patch I have never had my timer run out while someone was attacking me. It’s happened several times now. It really forces you to be more aggressive on a class that already had to play somewhat aggressively.

I really wish the passive was based on damage dealt AND damaged received. It wouldn’t change the maximum uptime much (if at all) but it would allow for more flexibility in play styles.

@Dashmatt agreed it forces you to be more agressive on a class i already played highly agressive^^
    back then it wasnt a problem with my 35k resistances(dual wield)
    but with chudan +Savage strenghth bugged playing it properly(as agressive as possible, let your inner wolf go wild :-P )
    is pretty much impossile(unless you fellas have some good ideas how to make it playable in pvp^^)
    Before the "WerewolfDlc" i had awesome fights like a 2vs10 fight with a stamden buddy and i was tanking at least 5 players at any time and killing them(2 metoers, 5 incaps, 2 dbos swallowed in about 2 min by me) 1 by 1 it was glorious^^, now it feels like Downgrading from a Audi RS5 to a Ford Kaa :-(
    Ww is sooo squishy whitch a class which has 2 be played extremly agressive cant afford...Thats why ww is at rock bottom atm imo
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken
    with the Clawsof Anguish Defile duration reduced to 4 seconds, do you feel that Claws of Life is worth slotting again???
    Cause i feel that the reduction has gutted it just like reverberating bash and the heals will really help...
    @Aznox @Chrlynsch

Claws of Anguish is still one of the best source of Defile in the game, you can still get 100% uptime for when you really need it, and recasting it every 4-5 seconds does not sacrifice/waste nearly as much as doing it with reverb for example.

If your main goal is to PvP and to beat your opponents by killing them, it is still an easy choice for me.
    Edited by Aznox on September 15, 2018 11:11AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suppose theres been no word on our bug fix...
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Qbiken
    @Aznox @Chrlynsch

For pvp, the heal just doesn't work as well as it could, If I were to tag 6 players your would be looking at about a 3k hot. Which when fighting 6 players probably wont save you from anything. That is if the all the players allow the dot to stay on them, no purge, no cloak, no cleanse. Against 6 npcs in Cyrodiil you are look at a 20k heal.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my first flawless vmsa run on my stamsorc ww^^
    1st attempt, was pretty fun even thou the poison round really gave me some headaches
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruF_xdXjBWM
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on September 15, 2018 7:29PM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Options
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my first flawless vmsa run on my stamsorc ww^^
    1st attempt, was pretty fun even thou the poison round really gave me some headaches
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruF_xdXjBWM

I've just put two and two together.... I finally realize who you are lol.
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ??
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Options
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ??

Er... I enjoy your werewolf video (guides) but never realized who you were on the forums.

Thats all :smile:
    Options
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    off topic sorta but I saw a pack leader werewolf with 4 wolves on PS4. Anyone know the set to do that ? Or is it an exploit. This kid messaged me back saying " Because I am Alpha " and then stopped talking to me when I asked a simple question with no arrogance or rudness on my end.
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BloodStorm wrote: »
    off topic sorta but I saw a pack leader werewolf with 4 wolves on PS4. Anyone know the set to do that ? Or is it an exploit. This kid messaged me back saying " Because I am Alpha " and then stopped talking to me when I asked a simple question with no arrogance or rudness on my end.

That bug exsisted on pc pts, they fixed it with a patch, but maybe it snuck through to console.

@ZOS_GinaBruno pass to the team for investigation please!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options