The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Murkmire Arena Weapons.

• ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    it'd be cool if they made the dw set do something worth replacing a 5 set bonus for. Great idea for an effect would be something that increases survivability in places like vCR/vAS and at the same time not losing so much dps that your better of taking a mag class anyways. Idk exactly how they could do that but it'd be cool.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant wait to see what sword and board bonus is gonna be.
    Also if the bow increases the range of scattershot that would be awesome 28 meters sounds about right XD

Scattershot's range should have been increased ages ago. Why have an ability who's design (and passives) is to be at range yet have a skill that is essentially at melee? The "gap opener" logic doesnt apply with 22m gap closers in play
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ward lasts 6 seconds.
    Buff lasts 3 seconds.

Logic.

You can benefit from its initial heal as well as any other heals you have.

I'm aware of that but the burst heal at the end of Ward is what you'd want the buff so it seems like kind of a waste.

For magblade healing ward is sorta a "defensive spammable" if you aren't a shield stacker so it's a nice thing for magblacde. Templar may not really need it and DK... Don't get me started on DK
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it'd be cool if they made the dw set do something worth replacing a 5 set bonus for. Great idea for an effect would be something that increases survivability in places like vCR/vAS and at the same time not losing so much dps that your better of taking a mag class anyways. Idk exactly how they could do that but it'd be cool.

It's going to be a Whirlwind modifier so I'm actually really curious what it'll do with spin2win

Maybe a DoT on use? Every subsequent Whirlwind does 10% more damage up to 50%?
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

It's going to be a Whirlwind modifier so I'm actually really curious what it'll do with spin2win

Asylum already mods spin 2 win
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »

Asylum already mods spin 2 win

I completely forgot that we were on the 4th skill and not the third skill lol.

I got 4 hours of sleep last night tho :P
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    They could just show us all weapon types and bonuses instead of leaving us with guesses what it will be..

I asked Gina if that is possible. We could give impactful feedback early. We have many arena weapons that aren't used, and I'd like to avoid that in the future.

They could show us the weapons now, but what’s the point of offering early feedback on them? Their balance changes are already set in stone before PTS live. It’s all just a wasteful formality.

Generally seems to be that way, but for example the vAS destro was nerfed. So there’s (rare) precedence.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »
    We already have group dungeons, trials etc. which is intended for groups.
    I believe arena type of content should have difficulty scaling option for 1-3 players(if not 4 players are in group).
    All group arena content should allow the option to solo it.
    Leaderboard scoring could have different options, solo, 2 players, 3 players and full group.
    Does it require more work on behalf of the development team ? definitely, but it will be worth it.

ROTFL.

Interesting mechanics need to have assumptions about what roles are present, how many people there are, etc. You can have old-style content where there were no mechanics--just do damage while avoiding and healing damage, and yay, you're done. But that's stupid. That's not interesting. Good and interesting mechanics involve teamwork and will stress the group composition.

It's the same reason I laughed at people who thought that this would be anything other than 4-person.

No, they shouldn't make the content so that it can be soloed. Why not? Because if they do, then it means that the design of the arena and mechanics would be compromised and worthless.

It's a MMO. If you can't get people to play with you, then maybe this is not the game for you?
    Well... the point is that a lot of players (I would even assume majority) are solo players. Those players relay on group finder to complete a group content. And A LOT of group content in ESO is for some bizarre reason unsupported by group finder tool.
    This means that a lot of content is locked either behind being forced to join a guild or just spam "LFG" on zone chat & hoping for the best.

I also noticed that every time there is a topic about group finder there are always some people who are very negative towards this idea. Why ? If you have a guild then you can just don't use group finder... Unless you want to prevent other people to have fun too as if they were not worthy of even have a chance to do a trial / arena & learn its mechanics.
    Hmmmm...if only they'd implement a way you could make a list, perhaps of friends?

Nothing preventing solo attempts of most content in the game. Also nothing preventing said solo attempts form ending horribly.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    I wonder if they are gonna pull the normal/perfected bs again, like they did with the asylum ones.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Means that more people stand a chance to get a little taster of how good some of the master weapons in the game are :)
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    What if the new arena weapons buffed ultimates instead of a skill?? B)B)B)
    Edited by pteam on September 14, 2018 2:02AM
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »
    What if the new arena weapons buffed ultimates instead of a skill?? B)B)B)

We'll get there one day.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Radial Uppercut set? Might as well call it the 'trashcan' set, amirite?

In other news, that resto staff looks positively OP.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS introducing more things that are obviously stupidly OP...The restoration staff...Really? Guess the unkillable tanks will become even stronger. :D
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the bow gets some love.
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of ideas for destro staff...

1) when damaging an enemy effected with ele drain, you are granted minor force
    2) when you cast ele drain, you place a dot on target that does x dmg over x seconds

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if zos buff snipe?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    unknown.png
    This is the only weapons they showed. Wish the 2h 2pc applied to all enemies around the player in a circle.

I like the idea of adding new items that enhance certain abilities/spells.

The restoration staff looks pretty good, though 3 seconds is kind of stingy. Can't really comment on the other one.

They are probably going to make the arena stupid though with cheesy instant death trial and error game play. That's usually what they have in mind when they highlight the term "challenging".

Hope I'm wrong.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 14, 2018 7:24AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The order of the weapon skills has changed from the original so I am little confused which skills will be altered with the Blackrose weapons.

My guess would be:
    One-handed and shield: Shield Charge
    Dual-wield: Blade Cloak
    Bow: Scatter Shot
    Destruction staff: Weakness to Elements

Two-handed: Uppercut (confirmed)
    Restoration staff: Steadfast Ward (confirmed)

Does anyone remember the original order and can tell if this is correct?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The order of the weapon skills has changed from the original so I am little confused which skills will be altered with the Blackrose weapons.

My guess would be:

I am not sure if bow is correct, they have changed that quite a bit. The rest is true. :) I was sure, Snipe will be buffed. But revisiting the skilltrees, I am convinced it will be Scatter Shot.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess would be:

Yeah, the only thing they changed about bow was the position of snipe and poison arrow. I'm pretty sure that scatter shot will be the one buffed. Like 80% sure, but only if it goes down the line.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ward lasts 6 seconds.
    Buff lasts 3 seconds.

Logic.

You can benefit from its initial heal as well as any other heals you have.

I'm aware of that but the burst heal at the end of Ward is what you'd want the buff so it seems like kind of a waste.

no you don't. This staff exists to counterplay high burst. Since your emergency "healing ward" only partially covers the incoming burst damage it's healing will never trigger but as healer you are then blessed with 30% more burst healing to top him up through that entire burst damage, preventing a ninjakill
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That resto will be good in Vma, and the new arena
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully destroy staff will improve Drain, not Impulse.

Its going to be impulse (useless skill) anyway, all magicka players are going to hate it!

B/W Stamina gets 4 weapons and why magicka only 2?

#Where IsBalanceZOS?

Restoration staff, ice staff , lightning staff and flame staff that counts 4... 2h sword , maul , axe that's 3 aww gee I wish a restoration sword for my back bar lawl. Bow and sword (mace, dagger or axe)and board count as 1 bc they don't have other variant. Dual swords , maxes , axes or maces.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully destroy staff will improve Drain, not Impulse.

Its going to be impulse (useless skill) anyway, all magicka players are going to hate it!

B/W Stamina gets 4 weapons and why magicka only 2?

#Where IsBalanceZOS?

Restoration staff, ice staff , lightning staff and flame staff that counts 4... 2h sword , maul , axe that's 3 aww gee I wish a restoration sword for my back bar lawl. Bow and sword (mace, dagger or axe)and board count as 1 bc they don't have other variant. Dual swords , maxes , axes or maces.

Dual wield swords, maces, axes, and daggers. Thats 4 weapons. 2h axes, mauls, and greatswords. Thats 3 weapons. If you want to go with "well technically destro has fire, ice, and shock" then we can play that game too, and theres "technically" 7 stamina typed weapons not including bow.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You really don't have to bicker and argue and count how many weapons each spec gets, considering that, according to ESO tradition, the count of actually useful ones will be fluctuating somewhere between one and none. ^^
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »
    We already have group dungeons, trials etc. which is intended for groups.
    I believe arena type of content should have difficulty scaling option for 1-3 players(if not 4 players are in group).
    All group arena content should allow the option to solo it.
    Leaderboard scoring could have different options, solo, 2 players, 3 players and full group.
    Does it require more work on behalf of the development team ? definitely, but it will be worth it.

ROTFL.

Interesting mechanics need to have assumptions about what roles are present, how many people there are, etc. You can have old-style content where there were no mechanics--just do damage while avoiding and healing damage, and yay, you're done. But that's stupid. That's not interesting. Good and interesting mechanics involve teamwork and will stress the group composition.

It's the same reason I laughed at people who thought that this would be anything other than 4-person.

No, they shouldn't make the content so that it can be soloed. Why not? Because if they do, then it means that the design of the arena and mechanics would be compromised and worthless.

It's a MMO. If you can't get people to play with you, then maybe this is not the game for you?
    Well... the point is that a lot of players (I would even assume majority) are solo players. Those players relay on group finder to complete a group content. And A LOT of group content in ESO is for some bizarre reason unsupported by group finder tool.
    This means that a lot of content is locked either behind being forced to join a guild or just spam "LFG" on zone chat & hoping for the best.

I also noticed that every time there is a topic about group finder there are always some people who are very negative towards this idea. Why ? If you have a guild then you can just don't use group finder... Unless you want to prevent other people to have fun too as if they were not worthy of even have a chance to do a trial / arena & learn its mechanics.

Well what do you think happens when these group finder groups can't complete the content? My guess is they come here to the forums and cry for nerfs just because they couldn't face roll it with an uncoordinated group.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That resto will be very useful for the Z’Maja execute phase in vCR. I could also see it being used for the 2nd boss in vHoF to counter the centurion’s healing debuff.

I was wondering how the healing would be calculated for the second boss in vHOF. As I understand it each tick reduces your healing received by 10% up to 10 stacks for 100% healing reduction. So if the tank got 10 stacks would major vitality apply to the base healing or would it apply after the debuff, having no effect?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA