The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Murkmire Arena Weapons.

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    unknown.png
    This is the only weapons they showed. Wish the 2h 2pc applied to all enemies around the player in a circle.

where did you find this? and is there a ss of destro?
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resto OP af
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully destroy staff will improve Drain, not Impulse.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    unknown.png
    This is the only weapons they showed. Wish the 2h 2pc applied to all enemies around the player in a circle.

where did you find this? and is there a ss of destro?

@ezio45 It was shown on the PAX stream Saturday night. Only these two were shown.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

It most likely will be drain. DSA weapons buffed every 1st skill of each weapon skill line. MSA weapons buffed 2nd skills, Asylum buffed 3rd. Now they are doing 4th skills which means it's gonna be drain for destro staff.
    PC|EU
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    I wonder if they are gonna pull the normal/perfected bs again, like they did with the asylum ones.

Oh crap they are gonna make the 1 piece bonus on the perfected versions only
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its going to be impulse (useless skill) anyway, all magicka players are going to hate it!

B/W Stamina gets 4 weapons and why magicka only 2?

#Where IsBalanceZOS?
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 1, 2018 9:21AM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its going to be impulse anyway,

All magicka players are going to hate it! Stamina gets 4 weapons and why magicka only 2?

It's gonna be Drain. These weps will boost the original 4th skill of each weapon tree, so it'll be Drain for destro
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

All magicka players are going to hate it! Stamina gets 4 weapons and why magicka only 2?

It's gonna be Drain. These weps will boost the original 4th skill of each weapon tree, so it'll be Drain for destro

if its drain than Magicka will have non offensive special weapons, which will be go back bar only and i doubt any useful effect coming out of drain! may be good for a healer!

FYI, Uppercut is not 4th skill of 2H weapon tree.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 1, 2018 9:26AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thats very interesting assumptions given asylum already didnt follow that pattern
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Thats very interesting assumptions given asylum already didnt follow that pattern

Force pulse used to be the 3rd skill in the destro tree and destructive touch was the first. Hence why the master weapons buff destructive touch.

These new weapons are almost definitely to buff ele drain.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The skills were rearranged a while back. For destro it used to be: Touch, Wall, Force, Drain and Impulse.

The Arena weapons are still using the old skilltree positions

Edit: Bow and 2h were exceptions it seems, and they skipped the 3rd skill and buffed the 4th instead. But the 2h Blackrose seems to go back to the 3rd skill so I guess Bow will buff Scatter Shot and the others will buff their original 4th skill
    Edited by Tryxus on September 1, 2018 10:01AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The skills were rearranged a while back. For destro it used to be: Touch, Wall, Force, Drain and Impulse.

The Arena weapons are still using the old skilltree positions

Edit: Bow and 2h were exceptions it seems, and they skipped the 3rd skill and buffed the 4th instead. But the 2h Blackrose seems to go back to the 3rd skill so I guess Bow will buff Scatter Shot and the others will buff their original 4th skill

So if Bow get buff to Scater Shot then indeed its another useless weapon!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow that resto staff and the double bonus

Hope others get it back too
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm so happy! I can sell it for 82 gold via vendor! ;)

Welcome to Uppercut's Cyrodiil train! :D
    Leogon wrote: »
    The arena should have been a 1-4 player arena that scales based on the number of players entering the arena. That's the problem with this game, there are no options. In this case, it's 4 players or nothing.

I agree.
    It is already difficult for many to arrange a Dragonstar arena run, so adding this new arena which will ONLY be available by grouping is a bad design and will lock the content and the strong items behind an unbreakable barrier.

@ZOS_GinaBruno A small suggestion - It will be great if you will add difficulty scaling to Dragonstar and Blackrose arenas so fewer players than 4(even solo) will be able to complete those arenas(on all modes).
    Content such as arenas should be available to all players, no matter if they are grouped or not.
    The achievements should indicate the mode the arena was completed on.
    Edited by Universe on September 1, 2018 11:16AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that restoration staff applies to yourself aswell it will be completey OP with sprinkles on top. Omg.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »

Force pulse used to be the 3rd skill in the destro tree and destructive touch was the first. Hence why the master weapons buff destructive touch.

These new weapons are almost definitely to buff ele drain.

Pretending there is system when only 4/6 weapons followed it last time is simply pointless assumption ;)
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that the destro will either add stam return or something similar to the 4 ability (forgot the name) I wish they add back the second piece bonus to the other weps or do they talked about that? (missed the live)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major Vitality on demand for 3 seconds is a bit broken. I think reducing it to 1.5 seconds would be a lot more appropriate; allowing you to pull off a burst heal immediately afterwards. 3 seconds is just overkill.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if the resto staff will work like Balorgh... i.e. buff is provided before the skill (meaning the instant heal portion of Healing Ward gets increased).

In any case, definitely a must have for destro/resto mDK. Here's hoping the destro staff will buff Elem Drain...
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till the mag DDs see the destro staves buffing ele drain! (My guess).

Healers gonna be praising this release.
    My internet is invalid
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragebull wrote: »
    Who cares game is broken

I do. I have fun playing the game.
    Ward lasts 6 seconds.
    Buff lasts 3 seconds.

Logic.

If you can't see how strong the weapon already is, you're not being logical.
    Universe wrote: »

I agree.
    It is already difficult for many to arrange a Dragonstar arena run, so adding this new arena which will ONLY be available by grouping is a bad design and will lock the content and the strong items behind an unbreakable barrier.

@ZOS_GinaBruno A small suggestion - It will be great if you will add difficulty scaling to Dragonstar and Blackrose arenas so fewer players than 4(even solo) will be able to complete those arenas(on all modes).
    Content such as arenas should be available to all players, no matter if they are grouped or not.

Unbreakable? Overly dramatic much?

Tell me, how exactly do you scale 4 person content to be done by 1 person? You'd have to totally change every single boss and eery single mechanic they have because bosses in one person content can be "tanked" by a glass canon DPS whereas in 4 person content, it needs to provide an actual challenge if real tanks are to be necessary and be desired for the content (a problem ESO already has, especially with healers not feeling welcome in a lot of content). It's not just a matter of adjusting health and damage. In essence, ZoS would have had to make 4 different instances, which would have taken much longer.

It's an MMO. It not unreasonable nor is it an "unbreakable barrier" to make content for groups of 4.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 1, 2018 2:27PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that elemental drain staff will have some damage aspect and be worthwhile using even for DDs. Would be lame if it's a pure support staff that can only be stored on supports.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All nice but I want hard mode in new arena to give weapons. And by hard mode I mean every stage beeing harder then vet. They can even add perfected and non perfected weapons just add some challenge and goal for longer term.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these have a 1pc bonus then they gotta give the bonus back to the other weapons. That's the best news imo.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ward lasts 6 seconds.
    Buff lasts 3 seconds.

Logic.

The problem is in current form this resto is way bigger benefit for classes that have burst heal then for those who dont.

Edited by Juhasow on September 1, 2018 2:13PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The arena should have been a 1-4 player arena that scales based on the number of players entering the arena. That's the problem with this game, there are no options. In this case, it's 4 players or nothing.

I agree.

Aka "I want stuff without doing something for it"
    Get a decent guild. Anyone who is able to play his/her role above average can finish vDSA.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ragebull wrote: »
    Who cares game is broken

I do. I have fun playing the game.
    Ward lasts 6 seconds.
    Buff lasts 3 seconds.

Logic.

I agree.

Unbreakable? Overly dramatic much?

Tell me, how exactly do you scale 4 person content to be done by 1 person? You'd have to totally change every single boss and eery single mechanic they have because bosses in one person content can be "tanked" by a glass canon DPS whereas in 4 person content, it needs to provide an actual challenge if real tanks are to be necessary and be desired for the content (a problem ESO already has, especially with healers not feeling welcome in a lot of content). It's not just a matter of adjusting health and damage. In essence, ZoS would have had to make 4 different instances, which would have taken much longer.

It's an MMO. It not unreasonable nor is it an "unbreakable barrier" to make content for groups of 4.

We already have group dungeons, trials etc. which is intended for groups.
    I believe arena type of content should have difficulty scaling option for 1-3 players(if not 4 players are in group).
    All group arena content should allow the option to solo it.
    Leaderboard scoring could have different options, solo, 2 players, 3 players and full group.
    Does it require more work on behalf of the development team ? definitely, but it will be worth it.
    Facefister wrote: »

I agree.

Aka "I want stuff without doing something for it"
    Get a decent guild. Anyone who is able to play his/her role above average can finish vDSA.

Easy to say than done.
    The elites who are in the closed elite guilds always say the same :D
    The majority of ESO player base are not in elite PVE guilds.
    I'm not claiming the arenas should be casual, I ask that it should be scaled for 1-3 players too, besides the 4 players option.
    It can also be challenging and more enjoyable for some :)
    Edited by Universe on September 1, 2018 3:05PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So...the only people who use Healing Ward are Sorcs...who have no innate healing.

Please buff that set bonus to 6.5 seconds so that at least Healing Ward gets the benefit of the bonus :/
    Edited by Valrien on September 1, 2018 3:02PM
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

if its drain than Magicka will have non offensive special weapons, which will be go back bar only and i doubt any useful effect coming out of drain! may be good for a healer!

FYI, Uppercut is not 4th skill of 2H weapon tree.

It used to be. They're going off of the OG list
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake