The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game crashes

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for several days now constantly getting kicked to main menu with error code 318. can't play for more than 20 minutes before this happens. I submitted the ticket but got the usual "try deleting your save and restarting the ps4", "try reinstalling the game", or "try having your ps4 connected vie ethernet vs wifi". I've already done all of these and my internet was running 100+mbs per second without any interruptions and is nat type 2. what is happening is not on my end. the only trouble I'm having is with eso, and this only started a few days ago.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Beaveri
    Beaveri
    ✭✭✭
    Issue still exist. ZOS are you planning to do something for this?
    Mihari wrote: »
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, next week's incremental patch has fixes for some of the disconnect and crashing problems players are experiencing. You should still submit a support ticket as not all random crashes happen for the same reason.

The patch today did not bring any improvement. On the contrary, the disconnects are even worse today.

I fully agree with this statement. I am crashing minimum once in an hour after which it takes a long time to get in again. I created ticket, but no reply from ZOS. I have performed all the standard steps to improve the situation as per ZOS's instructions.
    PC EU - PVP

Queen Visenya | Magicka DK
    Queen Valkyrie | Stamina DK
    Queen Nymeria | Magicka Sorcerer
    Queen Astrape | Stamina Sorcerer
    Queen Umbra | Magicka/Stamina Nightblade
    Queen Skadi | Magicka Warden
    Queen Greenseer | Stamina Warden
    Queen Marzanna | Magicka Necromancer
    Queen Kalma | Stamina Necromancer
    Queen Durga | Magicka Templar
    Queen Melisandre | Stamina Templar
    Queen Rhaenys | Stamina Templar
  • RoninMB
    RoninMB
    ✭✭✭
    I crashed to the login screen close to 10 times the other night and it always happened after porting to a wayshrine. If I was using Rapid Maneuver then I got kicked within 2 minutes or so. When I stopped using RM I wouldn't get kicked quite so fast but it still happened eventually. Never had this issue before Summerset.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaveri wrote: »
    Issue still exist. ZOS are you planning to do something for this?
    Mihari wrote: »
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, next week's incremental patch has fixes for some of the disconnect and crashing problems players are experiencing. You should still submit a support ticket as not all random crashes happen for the same reason.

The patch today did not bring any improvement. On the contrary, the disconnects are even worse today.

I fully agree with this statement. I am crashing minimum once in an hour after which it takes a long time to get in again. I created ticket, but no reply from ZOS. I have performed all the standard steps to improve the situation as per ZOS's instructions.

yep, created a ticket and customer support just washed their hands of me, tell me there's nothing they can do and to contact sony support. sony support confirmed this problem is ESO.
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on August 4, 2018 3:12PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    So I assume this is still an issue? Are they really not gonna fix this problem ever?
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    So is anyone besides me still experiencing this. Th e Drop rate back to log in screen is getting very annoying. I have followed all of ZOS's recomendations with the exception of buying a new pc and still a drop to log in on a regular basis. I did play the other day for about an hour before it kicked me, but usually its a lot sooner. Anywhere from every 5 to 10minutes. Has anybody found a suitable fix or are we still waiting in eternity.........
  • Kenji_X
    Kenji_X
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,
    For about 1 month now, i come back on the game and i encountered many crash with "eso has stoped working" always during the character loading screen.
    I try many thing, CG update, repair, delete live folder, and so on. I was never able to log in.
    And then, 2 weeks ago, before the update 19 (important thing to notice), i try to made all the update of my Win10. At first i still have the eso crash, but the next day i was able to play for about a week ... since the update 19.
    This update totally crush my game !!
    After many attempt, many search, i find this thread and i saw the post of Sarm :
    Sarm wrote:
    Settings for Ryzen 7 1700:

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "16"
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "8"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "1"

I have a I7 7700k custom (overclock + many power tweak for the heat), with GTX 1080.
    And then the game start and absolutely no crash.
    I try to reset the usersettings.txt and it crash again and again.

This settings mean just one thing to me, the game completely mess up with the multi-core processor... at least.

There is probably many other problem with the summerset and recent update, but for those who have this "eso has stopped working" just try this settings.
    You probably have to adapt the number to your processor feature.

Maybe drop rate is the same problem. Processor is involve.

I hope this trick will help some of you.

Edit : i just made the today update and fall on an infinite load screen when log in, after using the laucher.
    I just back up my usersettings.txt file (always keep a functional backup version of this file), with the precedent tweak and launch the game with eso64.exe
    Working like a charm.
    Edited by Kenji_X on August 27, 2018 4:24PM
  • GamingLass
    corvair62 wrote: »
    So is anyone besides me still experiencing this. Th e Drop rate back to log in screen is getting very annoying. I have followed all of ZOS's recomendations with the exception of buying a new pc and still a drop to log in on a regular basis. I did play the other day for about an hour before it kicked me, but usually its a lot sooner. Anywhere from every 5 to 10minutes. Has anybody found a suitable fix or are we still waiting in eternity.........

Yup!!! I can play 5-10 minutes without getting kicked to login. I have high latency spikes. It'll freeze. I don't move until I either see the spike drop or it boots me. But I've sent trouble tickets and Bethesda is telling me my pc is no longer compatible since Wolfhunter update. Now, I was running my graphics on HIGH just prior to Wolfhunter. Only got booted in dungeons sometimes but not just running around Kenarthis Roost or standing still. I ran ESO's minimum requirement check and got a "Your PC meets minimum system requirements to play this game".

They told me to make Nvidia the dedicated card, which I did. Told me to change some settings for Nvidia to low or off. I did. Told me to run my graphics in game on low. I did. And then, finally told me , my pc is out of date. I checked their minimum requirements and didn't see any different requirements since Summerset. So, yeah, I"m in the same boat and the answer they're giving is, sorry, not sorry, you'll have to buy a new pc if you want to play this game.
  • GamingLass
    This is what the report said when I ran their application …
    z862ekmo6qxl.jpg
  • Kenji_X
    Kenji_X
    Soul Shriven
    You have a multi-core processor, as i say above, that's the problem.
    As you understand, if you wait for the support to give you a solution, you will wait a very long time.
    Try to replace the settings i quote in your usersettings.txt :

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "16"

and delete ShaderCache.cooked then try to launch the game directly with eso64.exe
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole weekend i didnt crash once. The whole Week, after last Weeks patch, was better, only a few Times, last Night, i crashed so often, i just turned off the Game and watched TV, was disappointing to see that Patchdays are creating more Issues, need to remember not to play much on a Monday. Hope, its better today, i always read the Forums before i head into the Game.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • GamingLass
    Kenji_X wrote: »
    You have a multi-core processor, as i say above, that's the problem.
    As you understand, if you wait for the support to give you a solution, you will wait a very long time.
    Try to replace the settings i quote in your usersettings.txt :

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "16"

and delete ShaderCache.cooked then try to launch the game directly with eso64.exe

I'm not techy...where are these located...Where do I find these files? I haven't done a launch recently with eso64.exe. I'll try that again. Although I can get in the game and play for all of 5-10 min.
    Edited by GamingLass on August 28, 2018 12:24PM
  • Kenji_X
    Kenji_X
    Soul Shriven
    >>GamingLass
    usersettings is located in My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\UserSettings
    First of all, save this file in another location, so if you have any problem you just have to restore it.
    Open the file usersettings, find this lines and change the number like this :

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "16"

Then delete ShaderCache.cooked in the same folder. No worry about this file, the game will regenerate another one (load will be just a little longer than usual, at the first start only)

When it's done start the game with eso64.exe

It is true that GeForce 840M is probably light for high settings, maybe considered lowering it a little more (depending of your display resolution).
    But your computer is clearly not out of date !
    Edited by Kenji_X on August 28, 2018 4:01PM
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm that these changes work to fix the continous drop to log in issue. I'm out of town or I'd check it out. Just wondering if anyone else has already done so.
  • GamingLass
    Kenji_X wrote: »
    >>GamingLass
    usersettings is located in My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\UserSettings
    First of all, save this file in another location, so if you have any problem you just have to restore it.
    Open the file usersettings, find this lines and change the number like this :

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "16"

Then delete ShaderCache.cooked in the same folder. No worry about this file, the game will regenerate another one (load will be just a little longer than usual, at the first start only)

When it's done start the game with eso64.exe

It is true that GeForce 840M is probably light for high settings, maybe considered lowering it a little more (depending of your display resolution).
    But your computer is clearly not out of date !

Thank you. I deleted shadercache and user settings ...will do the rest today. Funny thing....(has done this per ZOS in another discussion. I know I have to do it as written) when I raised my graphics in game up to high, it is FAR EASIER on my pc. My pc doesn't heat up or rev when I put the graphics I high. I had lowered them, like ZOS/Bethesda told me to do and that about killed my pc. It heated up so badly and revved super high. That was crazy! But my pc doesn't seem to be working hard to play the game. I mean, it doesn't heat up, it doesn't seem to stutter. But I'll suddenly get a spike see my fps drop and I wait for it to lower. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing. Trying to log when it happens to see if there's a pattern. I was booted this morning three times between 7:50 and 9:00. Wouldn't expect lots of game traffic at this time. The game looks and runs beautifully again on high but the latency spikes and drop in fps is ridiculous since Wolfhunter.
    Edited by GamingLass on August 31, 2018 1:35PM
  • GamingLass
    Can anyone confirm that these changes work to fix the continous drop to log in issue. I'm out of town or I'd check it out. Just wondering if anyone else has already done so.

I'm doing this later in the afternoon. I'll let you know. I deleted two folders per ZOS' recommendation in another discussion. All it did was to reset my graphic and other defaults. When I opened the game they were set to high. I left them that way as that is how I've played this game SINCE right BEFORE 4.1.5 update. Never had any issues. Then, GeForce stopped seeing ESO and I did have a windows update stuck that kept saying it needed to download. I got that fixed, but the game has never been the same. When I ran in low, like ZOS said I needed to, it nearly burned up my pc. The thing got so hot and revved like crazy I had to get a cooling pad and turn off the pc. Once I went back to high graphics, the pc never heats up. But I'll try making the changes to text files and see what it does. Let ya know.
  • GamingLass

I tried this afternoon and unfortunately, I still had high latency and got booted. It ran beautifully. It just has horrible fps and high spikes. Now, I'm uninstalling GeForce Experience as someone else said that fixed it for them. Will let you know.

• GamingLass
    Uninstalled GeForce. Nope that didn't help at all. After being in game a whopping 3 minutes, I got high latency and lag and was booted. 1:59pm. I can't help but think this is pure ZOS and server issues. And here we all are jumping through hoops thinking we can fix it on our end when nothing we do will help. So frustrating.
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Constantly crashing to desktop, during or right after character load, usually without even an error report box. >:)
  • Maximilian
    Maximilian
    ✭✭✭
    Attempted to reinstall and it's still broken ...sigh
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one,... again! This started after last maintenance of august...

I can log in normally - mind you, takes a *little* longer than usual - I can pick up my daily reward, and do half my daily writs (i park myself in Alinor, near the crafting area). That's how long I can stay in game, before I get kicked out to the login-screen.

There is no error message, I haven't had any (major) updates and made no changes to my system.

I have not repaired or reinstalled yet, because I don't really believe the problem is on my end...
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    So I take it this problem is not going to get fixed...... Because of the login issues I've reinstalled everything again, including my OS and still can't play for very long. I'm tired of being dropped to log in all the time.
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    Cyn_v84 wrote: »
    I have not repaired or reinstalled yet, because I don't really believe the problem is on my end...

I'll quote myself, so I can take it back.
    I found the culprit. It's one of my addons. Now only to find out which one... I'll let you know once I gather the strength to comb through them :neutral:
  • leowkwok
    leowkwok

I'll quote myself, so I can take it back.
    I found the culprit. It's one of my addons. Now only to find out which one... I'll let you know once I gather the strength to comb through them :neutral:

I uninstalled all my add-ons. Still getting kicked. I was able to play continuously one random day last week with no problems for a few hours. But I've gone back to being kicked every 10 minutes or so since then........................
  • Juzz
    Juzz
    ✭✭✭
    Same prob with game crash on character selection screen and only temporary solution’s to delete “shadercache.cooked” until next login or game freeze. ZOS, do something plz, game’s not playable
    Make Skyrim great again.
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, so the addon-thing was a bust.
    It lasted a day in which I could play for more than an hour on end.
    Now we're back at the 3 minute crash to login screen :disappointed:

@ZOS_GinaBruno pretty please, let someone look into this...
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else still crashing randomly and getting ping spikes all over the place? Well I am. Today I crashed 10 times in 30 minutes. First I had to patch my own game from the launcher issue many are having and now I get back in and still can't play. It crashes down same as its been and now gives me Error 200 which is as far as I know(may be wrong) Authentication Timeout. This is not my end. Everything else works great and runs like it should. Please fix this. I cant understand why ZOS doesnt even respond.....
  • leowkwok
    leowkwok
    Anyone else still crashing randomly and getting ping spikes all over the place? Well I am. Today I crashed 10 times in 30 minutes. First I had to patch my own game from the launcher issue many are having and now I get back in and still can't play. It crashes down same as its been and now gives me Error 200 which is as far as I know(may be wrong) Authentication Timeout. This is not my end. Everything else works great and runs like it should. Please fix this. I cant understand why ZOS doesnt even respond.....

Yep.... this is pretty much what we're all here for. So many complaints from across multiple threads and yet ZOS shrugged themselves of any responsibility for this problem and just tossed it aside.

• Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    I will chime in to say I'm also having issues!

I have to date been kicked off the server mid fight almost daily an in some cases hourly! This really is unacceptable.

I've done everything bar deleting my entire game and profile and starting from scratch which at CP lvl 300+ is not only an insult CLEARLY NOT AN OPTION (so if anyone suggests this I will kindly tell them to **** off!)

I have turned off addons, uninstalled addons, and even repaired the game client a total of 5 times, at this rate I'm pretty sure it's NOT me.

I've lost fights and "woken up" dead, lost credit for boss kills, and generally it's blocked me at times from completing missions (because sheer frustration has forced me to step away from my pc before I launch it out the window in anger)

This should be taken a bit more seriously then it is (lots of rubber stamped replies of please report this and we'll sort it out - after you uninstall the game and start from scratch)

The end all-be all response should NOT be please reinstall the game!
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this weeks patch I have had a ton of crashes that shows the error report thing; I know you had it since Summerset, but this is really annoying. Since Summerset I have had crashes to desktop very often when zoning, no error report tool. But that stopped after I completely reinstalled the game AND my graphics drivers. But now since this weeks patch the crashing are back, onyl now it happens at random times and not when zoning :(

Edited by Jayman1000 on October 30, 2018 7:39PM