The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game crashes

• Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    And crashed again, this time with Error 308 (due to inactivity) while teleporting from a delve to a wayshrine.
    This is ridiculous.
    Edited by Kainarel on June 7, 2018 10:31PM
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryahl wrote: »
    Crashing every time I try to load into the game. I can hear the sound for the client beginning to run (a popup or message notification), then the game stalls and crashes.

I have temporarily disabled all addons and am running the client in minimal (lowest graphic) settings. That's getting me in. I'll try to figure out which of these is tied to the failed logins.

Exactly the issue I've been having. I too noticed that decreasing settings (particularly view distance will get me in) but even then it's not a guarantee that I won't crash.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom As you can see, me and countless others are having issues, and the fact that me and countless others have noted that this seems tied to a graphical settings issues has me to believe that something in your code is prohibiting our hardware from properly displaying/calculating it efficiently. I'm sure we'd all love to get an official statment on what's going on. I think it's only fair. I paid for my subscription, so I essentially paid to play this game, and for about a week now, I have been unable to. For those of us who paid a subscription, and couldn't play because of the ineptitude of your team's programming, we should be compensated. To be honest, I already cancelled my subscription as I don't believe you guys are deserving of my hard earned cash.
  • nekoma45
    nekoma45
    they would have been better off delaying the release of summerset so more testing could be done on it, considering all the problems that came along with its update/patch
  • Auggy
    Auggy
    ✭✭
    I seem to only be crashing in VMA (hope I'm not jinxing it now). Sometimes I can get through just fine without crashing but others it's instantly upon the round starting.
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    I've just today started crashing as well. Twice in the past 5 minutes in/around Lillandril. Also happened once a few days ago; don't think I've ever had a crash previously. And they haven't yet happened outside Summerset, but I also haven't been outside Summerset for very long recently.
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    i was in WTG and 2/4 crashed as soon as we started a boss.. seriously what is this? happened just today
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne
    ✭✭✭
    I had issues for days, but yesterday the game was totally unplayable.
    999+ latency and constant crashes :(
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    Have crashed every 5 minutes starting this morning on my character in Summerset. My character in Morrowind seems to be stable. Funny thing is I played him for about 1 hour this morning before he started crashing. Now cannot stay online for more than a couple of minutes without a CTD.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    Definetelly an issue with Summerset. My Summerset character has crashed about 10 times and can't stay online more than a minute or two. My Morrowind character is completely stable.
  • Redrixs
    Redrixs
    ✭✭
    Same here, started crashing after latest update.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    It has stopped crashing . Its possible that they have fixed the issue. Have played about 2 hours without another crash.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    dbgager wrote: »
    It has stopped crashing . Its possible that they have fixed the issue. Have played about 2 hours without another crash.

The crashes are random. you can go days without any and then all of a sudden one will hit.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The (Bethesda-sponsored) Twitch streamer DansGaming, who never played ESO prior, crashed to desktop 3 times in a row in a bugged Summerset area in front of thousands of viewers and was unable to play.

What an embarrassing advertisement for the game! :p

Edited by Lake on June 8, 2018 8:39PM
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    Update from me!
    Have been playing without crashes today... for what little time I have each day to log in.
    They did something. Sneaky. I'm sure of it :wink:

I hope it stays like this and that it gets fixed for everyone else too!
  • Ronin_Paladin_Forum
    Ronin_Paladin_Forum
    Soul Shriven
    Crashed yesterday evening... Was fine this morning... now we are back to CTD’s every 10 minutes.
  • CypherG
    CypherG
    Soul Shriven
    I'm CTD'ing multiple times per day since the latest patch, and almost exclusively while changing zones. So I can reliably play with out crashing, as long as I stay in the same zone. Unfortunately, I've been trying to finish the Orsinium DLC, which has lots of zone changes, even within the main city (Scarp Keep, Temple of Ire, etc.).
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm crashing regularly also, although there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the circumstances. In the bank, walking down the road, in combat, it's all over the map to the point I'm no longer willing to fill out the "what were you doing" forms that pop up.
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same for me. I've had numerous crashes today all in different areas, activities, and characters. It's been fine all week, so I'm not sure what happened. I did see my computer had some Windows 10 and GeForce updates though, so perhaps there's a correlation.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't crashed today. Maybe there was some connection of my yesterday's crashing problem with a Win 10 flash update, but I continued to crash after I installed it. However, I haven't rebooted the laptop upon installing, so maybe that was it.
    I rebooted after I stopped playing. So today it's been fine. Maybe it's related, maybe not.
    Hope the luck holds.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Although I have been able to play in Summerset for a few days after it came online, I've been away from the game for two or three days. I just now tried to get into the game. I was able to LOG IN, which got me to the character selection screen. But when I attempted to load a character into the game, I got the Elder Scrolls Online Crash Reporter. Three times out of three. It appears that I won't be able to play the game for a while.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Although I have been able to play in Summerset for a few days after it came online, I've been away from the game for two or three days. I just now tried to get into the game. I was able to LOG IN, which got me to the character selection screen. But when I attempted to load a character into the game, I got the Elder Scrolls Online Crash Reporter. Three times out of three. It appears that I won't be able to play the game for a while.

Perhaps you need to update either the game, or Windows, or try to repair the game through its launcher.
  • altunit21
    altunit21
    ✭✭✭
    The game crashed 3 times yesterday just trying to login. My character was in Marbruk at the time. I finally got in on the fourth login attempt and played for a few hours until I crashed again, this time on Summerset, halfway through a Geyser.

Played today for an hour and crashed again, this time I was on the beach in Summerset fishing. When the fishing hole depleted I turned to leave and the game crashed.

Each time it crashed I got the ESO has stopped working form which I submitted.

The game has been pretty stable for me up until yesterday. I don't recall any crashes to desktop before Summerset.
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭
    It's a known issue, see thread ;

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418027/game-crash-update-news#latest

However not one official announcement nor any apology for the lack of communication for the hassle and time wasted by this situation,

Still I live in hope someone will take responsibility and actually do it ...... eventually
  • AshenArtifice
    AshenArtifice
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also getting tons of crashes at incredibly random moments. It's usually when I've initiated some sort of action to happen (like hitting H to summon my mount, activating a node to harvest it, or attempting to pickpocket/assassinate someone), but happens other times as well. The one that's causing the biggest problem for me is on my main character, because I had just entered the area for the Wraith of Crows daily quest for CWC when the game crashed completely, and now when I log into that character it instantly crashes every single time. So until this issue is fixed, the character I have put the most work into is completely unusable.
  • GhostOfAnEra
    GhostOfAnEra
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't experience crashes till yesterday. They keep getting worse after patch updates. At first, ever since Summerset was released, I've been experiencing, music playing after loading a character, then GPU fail loads, then infinite loading screens, and now random crashes. I am not happy with all these glitches happening suddenly after Summerset was released. Before this buggy fiasco, I had no problems with this game.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a couple of days without the crashes that started (for the first time since PC launch) after this week's patch maintenance. However, this afternoon I've had a couple of crashes on entering, and then logging back into, Bleakrock Isle on the PC EU server. This was with a Summerset-created character (as I think all crashes this week have been). No addons installed.

Update: Crashed again, this time with a pre-Summerset character - taking the portal from Clockwork City (Basilica?) to Deshaan, crashed on Deshaan loading screen.
    Edited by Tandor on June 9, 2018 5:49PM
  • SaiyanBroly
    SaiyanBroly
    Soul Shriven
    Well, the good news is that i didn't get any ctd's today.

The bad news? It's because i can't even play the damn game, i get a "connection to server timed out" popup every time i attempt to log in.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the game crash 3 times in an hour. Most times soon after zoning somewhere. The last time i was in Clockwork at the Wraith of Crows cave and as soon as they spawned I locked up and and got the crash report...I'm trying to be patient..i really am...
  • Mist_Walker
    Mist_Walker
    ✭✭
    Still crashing on attempted entry to Wrothgar. Haven't been able to access it once since last week's patch.