The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game crashes

• Auggy
    Auggy
    ✭✭
    Well, the good news is that i didn't get any ctd's today.

The bad news? It's because i can't even play the damn game, i get a "connection to server timed out" popup every time i attempt to log in.

We can't have our cake and eat it :/
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    Pls sir. Fix Game. Ma Familie, much crashings
  • KudnaBeefhooked
    KudnaBeefhooked
    ✭✭✭
    Still crashing on entering Wrothgar. Numerous characters - same result. With and without addons.
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot play the game. stuck in bankorai and crashing forever with my main character. Rest seem to login fine
    FIX this
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    okay so this worked for me for not being able to login with a character in bankorai
    Go into your
    -documents
    -Elder scrolls online
    -User settings
    and try this

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "1"
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "1"

remember to keep a copy of this before u try
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't play PVP (both Cyrodiil &BG's), PVE (pledge & trials), and now solo instance like VMA as well. Game has been crashing randomly and multiple times in all these settings. Not to mention steam log in issues AND I still get the infinite loading screens that turn into a game crash or I have to 'end task' eso for, this other issue has been happening for months. Not just me either, multiple guildies have been complaining of the same things. How am I supposed to enjoy a game I pay eso+ & buy expansions & crowns regularly for if I can't even play it??????
  • Ryahl
    Ryahl
    terrannova wrote: »
    okay so this worked for me for not being able to login with a character in bankorai
    Go into your
    -documents
    -Elder scrolls online
    -User settings
    and try this

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "1"

I did this too @terrannova, it worked for a log in with my normal graphic settings. Will keep an eye on it. For reference, the default settings in the file are "-1" for each of these three items.
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    Ryahl wrote: »
    terrannova wrote: »
    Go into your
    -documents
    -Elder scrolls online
    -User settings
    and try this

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "1"

I did this too @terrannova, it worked for a log in with my normal graphic settings. Will keep an eye on it. For reference, the default settings in the file are "-1" for each of these three items.

yea mine were the same
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me a few days ago, when trying to port into Wrothgar the game crashes on loading screen, tried with several toons, removed addons, lowered graphics, same issue. Not happening anywhere else, thank god.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    For me the issue seems to have resolved itself. Whereas 2 days ago I has at least 6 or 7 crashes in a short period of time. I have not crashed in 2 days with at least 10 hours of total time online. Maybe the crashes are location specific. At least they seem to be. I am not longer in the same area in Summerset as I was 2 days ago.
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just crashed twice. Once in vulkhel guard when trying to go to bleakrock and again in bleackrock after fighting a mob.
  • Amiarah
    Amiarah
    ✭✭✭
    I keep crashing. Over and over and over again. 3 times, today sunday 10th of june. Not crashing with errors, just being kicked out to loading screen.
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having this issue as well. Crashing a couple times a day since Summerset launched.

My client is usually crashing during a loading screen and gives me an error message (the submit error report one).

Just thought I'd leave this reply here to add to the conversation. If there are any other details I can provide to help, let me know.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »
    I've been having this issue as well. Crashing a couple times a day since Summerset launched.

My client is usually crashing during a loading screen and gives me an error message (the submit error report one).

Just thought I'd leave this reply here to add to the conversation. If there are any other details I can provide to help, let me know.

same problem at my end.

before summerset the game rarely crashed, but after summerset it crashes a lot, even without addons, and it seems completely random. i end up activating all the addons because it doesn't make any difference. sometimes i can play almost 5 hours without crashing, but it always end up crashing every day since summerset.
  • TheMage
    TheMage
    I can't do vMA, always crash at entrance.
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, crashing like its the last day on Earth.
    On the description I usually just write "Fix your game"

;p
  • IceDragon79
    IceDragon79
    ✭✭
    Crashing on 1 character only in Greenshade when trying to load in

other characters can load in fine in other zones.

definitely not an issue from my end
  • KudnaBeefhooked
    KudnaBeefhooked
    ✭✭✭
    This seriously needs to be a priority fix with players locked out of entire zones and some not even able to log in at all.

Some feedback would be nice.
  • Mist_Walker
    Mist_Walker
    ✭✭
    Managed to port into Wrothgar for the first time in a week after today's patch. Fingers crossed the game is overall more stable for folks now.
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game crashes on constantly base in battlegrounds mostly after horrofying Bugs like
    you cant take flags
    you lost Battlespirit
    you cant take relics
    you cant light attack or use spells cause both bar are grew
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    I take it the patch today didn't fix anything.
  • Shiftie1
    Shiftie1
    yep still experiencing crashing here
  • megajra
    megajra
    ✭✭
    I also have increased loading times and a lot of crashes :/
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 crashes to Login screen within 15 minutes in Summerset :| Yesterday's Patch apparently did not fix anything in this regard.
  • Meryyl
    Meryyl
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to suspend my sub for 1 month because I went on vacation for 2 weeks. Now I’m glad I did, cause THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE!!!!!!!!
    Police Detective: “Why did you shoot him, Marlowe?”
    Phillip Marlowe: “There was a lot of killing going on and I wasn’t getting my fair share.”
  • Beaveri
    Beaveri
    ✭✭✭
    I approached support yesterday with this issue. No reply so far. Game is totally unplayable for me during prime time with either crashes or infinite loading screens (PC EU). I am very disappointed that ZOS is not taking this issue seriously.

I decided to suspend ESP Plus as I do not need the crafting bag as I cannot play the game without crashes or infinite loading screens.
    PC EU - PVP

Queen Visenya | Magicka DK
    Queen Valkyrie | Stamina DK
    Queen Nymeria | Magicka Sorcerer
    Queen Astrape | Stamina Sorcerer
    Queen Umbra | Magicka/Stamina Nightblade
    Queen Skadi | Magicka Warden
    Queen Greenseer | Stamina Warden
    Queen Marzanna | Magicka Necromancer
    Queen Kalma | Stamina Necromancer
    Queen Durga | Magicka Templar
    Queen Melisandre | Stamina Templar
    Queen Rhaenys | Stamina Templar
  • bigbangrevo
    bigbangrevo
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem in here.
    No addon, nothing special with my computer.

I have tried this with 2 different computers and I still have the problem.

The game crash mostly during startup; and every time during DC latest main quest (1rst wave of opponents).

3 of my friends, having no premium account, seems to have no crash... What the hell? :disappointed:

I never had such crashes before with this game.

I currently can't finish DC main quest; i mostly can't play properly too... that's so disappointing.

I have, of course, submitted a ticket to support, plus sent all crashed data...

No luck to far. But I hope developpers will soon sort this out.
  • Shiftie1
    Shiftie1
    the endless loading screens are awesome today to not!! lol
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing fine, though had some high latency issues, but my friend I've been playing with crashed and couldn't get back in. Nothing worked - neither Steam nor launcher (both worked fine before)
    Steam outright refused to connect at all while launcher tried longer, gave her a few Login errors, an error 200, then got her through to characters page and stuck forever on requesting character login.
    Never could get back in game. Repaired through the launcher, but it didn't help at all.
    ZOS, please, look into this issue. I see many have the same one and complaining on twitter and here.
    PC EU.
    Edited by Kainarel on June 13, 2018 12:32AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed 3 times today :'(

It has been crashing at least once a day for the last two weeks.

I am no longer having an issue loading into characters I did last update, but now its a complete, computer must restart blue screen of death issue in the middle of things.

its a new computer (start of the year)... Graphic drivers are updated.