The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game crashes

• Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will echo what everyone else has been saying here. I've been having constant and consistent crashes when trying to load my from the character selection screen to the actual world. Every single time, no matter which character I choose, I constantly crash when trying to load my characters world. This has only happened since 4.07 of Summerset. I never used to crash like this before Summerset. I've tried everything. From old to the newest video card drivers. Disabling antivirus, to adding ESO into the exclusions list. Disabling Razer app. Uninstalling all files assosciated with add-ons. Reinstalling audio drivers. Changing user settings based on recommendations found in countless other threads with countless other people who have been crashing since Summerset. I've repaired and reinstalled ESO. I've deleted user settings and shader cache files multiple times. I've reinstalled visual c++ and direct x files. I've done everything and still without fail, I keep crashing.

The only time I was able to get in game was when I put my view distance to practically 0. Even then, I had intermittent crashing after loading my character. And even then, I had horribly graphical artifacting of character models.

For the love of the Nine, please fix your game. I know it is not me.

P.S. every time my game crashed the "ESO has stopped working" app would pop up and I have submitted it multiple times.

@ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_AlexTardif
    Edited by Kronuxx on June 6, 2018 6:08AM
  • Mist_Walker
    Mist_Walker
    ✭✭
    Still crashing today, ONLY when attempting to zone into Wrothgar, and EVERY TIME I attempt to zone into Wrothgar.

All other zones are fine. Dungeons, Trials, all fine. It's just Wrothgar.

Can anyone else access that zone?
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting random crashes for seemingly no reason. It's actually the first time I've crashed in years.
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    As of today, I'm crashing too.
    Happens random and frequently, no error msg, turned off all addons and it still boots me to login screen.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Crashing randomly at least 4 times a day. Using few add-ons, none of them altering UI tho, only basic stuff like Dressing Room, Lorebooks, Skyshards.

These crashes occur very random, on just advancing through the map, exiting buildings, no particular triggers like talking to an NPC or spell effects.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been frequently getting 'booted from the server' in the middle of gameplay (pve). If I try to immediately log back in I get a message that says I'm already online. But, if I wait about 60 seconds, I can log back in with no problem. This has been happening more than 1x per hour.
  • Ryahl
    Ryahl
    Crashing every time I try to load into the game. I can hear the sound for the client beginning to run (a popup or message notification), then the game stalls and crashes.

I have temporarily disabled all addons and am running the client in minimal (lowest graphic) settings. That's getting me in. I'll try to figure out which of these is tied to the failed logins.
    Edited by Ryahl on June 6, 2018 2:53PM
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game was running very smoothly for me until the latest patch. I've had zero crashes until Monday, and I've had a few random crashes since then, generally around Alinor. I assume it has something to do either with the Summerset DLC or the patch.

Loading screens also seem to be a little longer now, since Summerset.
  • oDezX
    oDezX
    Still crashing today, ONLY when attempting to zone into Wrothgar, and EVERY TIME I attempt to zone into Wrothgar.

All other zones are fine. Dungeons, Trials, all fine. It's just Wrothgar.

Can anyone else access that zone?

Its funny you say that as I only seem to notice my game crash when I either port to Maelstrom or log in when already in Vma.
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    You can add me to the list.
    Since Summerset I've experienced a couple crash's per day, usually while in Cyro but not exclusive to that.
    I've had it just randomly kick me to the desktop - no error msg
    MinnesotaKid

• captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    Add me to the list as well. I have been working with support for 2 weeks. Nothing has worked.

I have canceled my sub for now until this is fixed.

Edited by captainpost on June 6, 2018 8:35PM
  • Umbra
    Umbra
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Since Summerset I've experienced random crashes. Today half of my raid crashed same time in vHRC.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing multiple times per play session. Can be doing anything; riding through woods, claiming daily, entering building, etc. All since the 06/04/2018 patch.
  • Feiru
    Feiru
    Soul Shriven
    Also getting crashes. Reminds me of the days right after Beta when you would get roll backs. But instead of getting put back in time you just dc after a while.

Teamspeak works without crashing so no net failure occurring. I'm an OCD human being so nothing is out of date.

Others having the same issue. Pretty trash the responses I'm seeing from GMs on this. You'd think we weren't paying a subscription fee or something.
  • SaiyanBroly
    SaiyanBroly
    Soul Shriven
    Something is very wrong since the last patch.

Played for six hours straight today, even doing my usual Dolmen runs in the Alik'r Dessert without a hitch.

I then decided i had had a good run for today and before logging out wanted to equip an new amulet i had acquired.

The game gave me the finger and crashed.

Congratulations Zenimax your game is now as buggy and ctd-prone as it's single player counterparts.
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    Update!
    I'm logged in since 07.45 GMT+1. I have now crashed THREE times.
    I am trying to do my writs, clean my inventory and get the dailies of Summerset done.
    There is no error msg, there is no warning, all off the sudden I can't do anything (no switching weapons, no (un)sheathing, skills, potions etc...) and then it's back to the login screen.

I never had any problems with the game, but now it's just unplayable :'(
    Please pay some attention to this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AlexTardif
  • Mihari
    Mihari
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.

Since Summerset has been officially released, I get several disconnects and crashes with ESO every few minutes. Before and in early access, ESO was working perfectly for me.

I have tried all suggested fixes and nothing worked for me. Also different ISPs (Telekom/Vodafone) makes no difference. I get always disconnects or crashes since Tuesday :s
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭
    As stated previously they do not accept any responsibility for this, I have been on this issue with support for about a week, 10th email, 10th 'try this random solution', they do not accept at all it's an ESO issue.

I crashed twice in an hour, doing normal random stuff, sent screenshots this time, don't think it will make any difference.

If this was FTP then maybe you put up with it, but like many others I pay the subscription fee and at the current time I do not feel I am receiving what I pay for either in game or from support.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rexy18 wrote: »
    I've had the same issue recently, getting kicked to login screen every 30 minutes precisely, no second earlier and no second later.

i would put money on that one not being an ESO issue. Thats perfect timing and that doesnt happen with random software crashes.
  • Mist_Walker
    Mist_Walker
    ✭✭
    One additional crash yesterday when logging into Scalecaller Peak (after restarting the client I was able to port in).

STILL unable to access Wrothgar today. EDIT: I tried lowering all my graphics settings to the lowest possible (read someone on reddit had some success with that), but I still crashed when trying to waypoint in. Alas.
    Edited by Mist_Walker on June 7, 2018 8:24AM
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

today starting ESO for the first time I immediately got a crash. Tried second time, again during loading screen. When I logged in for the third time I managed to get in the game, claim my daily reward but after that the game just went into loading screen and stuck in it. Had to forcefully close the client from the desktop.
    Edited by Inoki on June 7, 2018 9:10AM
  • nekoma45
    nekoma45
    my game crashes anytime i fight septima sigma during the quest travel to far shores.
    help
  • oDezX
    oDezX
    To add insult to injury it doesnt dc you from the Servers and if youre running Vma for e.g at the time it counts as a death :)))

This is becoming a f'in joke now. No sense of urgency from anyone. I want a refund of my Eso+ I tell you.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    oDezX wrote: »
    To add insult to injury it doesnt dc you from the Servers and if youre running Vma for e.g at the time it counts as a death :)))

This is becoming a f'in joke now. No sense of urgency from anyone. I want a refund of my Eso+ I tell you.

Right!? Haven't been able to do vMA for a few days... And don't appreciate repair cost when mobs haven't even had a chance to spawn ...

Been happening since summerset, random crashes, mostly in dungeons - pc eu
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • michael.albertsenb16_ESO
    From memory, ESO has never actually crashed for me before and I've played since beta. Well, it did very rarely crash upon exiting the game - but never during play.

Since 4.0.X - the game has crashed 3 times for me - and I've only played a few hours combined.

I love the game, but I despise playing games that crash like this and will refrain from playing until it's fixed.

I'm also absolutely certain this is ESO and not something on my rig.

We just have to wait until they realise the problem is not on our end. This will take time, because there's no easy way to prove or communicate this through text.

Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.
  • D3AKUs
    D3AKUs
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a crash before the latest patch - now its pretty much not playable anymore. Crash during Login. Crash during loading screen. Crash when i try to preview furnishings. They i had a quest yesterday in Summerset where i had to enter a Portal and the Moment i tryed the game would crash - tryed it like 10 times. Sometimes it seems random then again it happens all over the place at the same spots.

This is fun ! I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭
    I have been on this with support for a while , 11th ticket response, all steps done, taken screenshots, everything, they STILL are saying it's a players problem and development are not aware of ESO issues and are therefore not investigating ...
  • Beaveri
    Beaveri
    ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same after summerset. I have as well followed all the possible instructions (no addons, re-installing drivers, DirectX...).

Usually game crashes randomly in cyrodiil. Elsewhere I am facing infinite loading screen. First it takes ages to load the character with some infinite loading screens forcing to "kill" the game. Finally after loading the character, I actually get to play the game like BG and it ends up to following infinite image: nsxzfu9okqgc.png
    PC EU - PVP

Queen Visenya | Magicka DK
    Queen Valkyrie | Stamina DK
    Queen Nymeria | Magicka Sorcerer
    Queen Astrape | Stamina Sorcerer
    Queen Umbra | Magicka/Stamina Nightblade
    Queen Skadi | Magicka Warden
    Queen Greenseer | Stamina Warden
    Queen Marzanna | Magicka Necromancer
    Queen Kalma | Stamina Necromancer
    Queen Durga | Magicka Templar
    Queen Melisandre | Stamina Templar
    Queen Rhaenys | Stamina Templar
  • clb99usb14_ESO
    clb99usb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. Today, I just logged in and walked my character over to a npc and started listening to her comments, then everything locks up. Never had this problem before summerset. Don't have this problem with other games. Not my pc. Please fix this.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed twice within two hours today.
    Didn't have that problem before today, actually. Last night and before, even after Summerset launch, I didn't have crashes like that. It was Eso stopped working with a report.
    I have no add-ons at all, and all my stuff is up to date.
    It's the game.