The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HDR broke on xbox since wolfhunter? EDIT: Patch coming early october

• woodap
    woodap
    ✭✭✭
    Fix my graphics please. I can’t even bring myself to play anymore. It’s so terrible.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think just an update would be sweet, wrecking HDR for all console users, is kinda a big deal.

As there's been no clarity since the "we intentionally did something that had unintentional consequences" which wasn't too clear.

Seeing a green sticky thread, with yup we broke HDR and we fixing it would be sweet.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Rackdaniels
    Rackdaniels
    ✭✭✭
    teamvernia wrote: »
    All you people who want saturated colors can just turn the color setting on your TV up. Easy fix.

Just like saying someone who has broken turbo in his/her car to replace it with turbo whistler and claiming it has same power effect because of the sound...sure :#
  • Bizzquik
    Bizzquik
    Disappointed that this HDR issue will ultimately have gone the entire 3-day Holiday weekend here in the States without being fixed.

Given a choice between the Update 19 release, or being able to play the game in non-borked HDR colors during my time off - I would definitely choose working colors and Update 18.
    Haven't played much at all this weekend, accordingly. :neutral:
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MiguZ wrote: »
    Davor wrote: »
    Just wanted to chime in I was having the same issues on PS4. Logged in after new patch and everything was a weird sepia or noir shade. I had to mess with a lot of tv settings and in game settings to get the game looking at a playable level, but it is certainly not as gorgeous as it was pre-patch. Hope they find a fix soon!

There is nothing to fix. By that it was done on purpose. They turned of HDR. So working as intended. By no way am I saying this was the correct decision but people are keep still saying it needs to be fixed. That is the wrong words to use.

It's please turn HDR back on.

No. If u dont understand the issue u can just stop posting and go away.

Gina has said they intended to tweak the hdr and it had some unintended consequenses. So no, it was not intentional for the game to get *** up.

Uhm, Gina explained why HDR was TURNED OFF. It was DECIDED to turn it off. Yes I understand the issue. It seems you don't understand what the issue is. There was no "tweaking" done. Maybe we are reading two different statements. Even if we are, you still didn't nned to be so rude about it.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to chime in I was having the same issues on PS4. Logged in after new patch and everything was a weird sepia or noir shade. I had to mess with a lot of tv settings and in game settings to get the game looking at a playable level, but it is certainly not as gorgeous as it was pre-patch. Hope they find a fix soon!

There is nothing to fix. By that it was done on purpose. They turned of HDR. So working as intended. By no way am I saying this was the correct decision but people are keep still saying it needs to be fixed. That is the wrong words to use.

Gina has said they intended to tweak the hdr and it had some unintended consequenses. So no, it was not intentional for the game to get *** up.

Uhm, Gina explained why HDR was TURNED OFF. It was DECIDED to turn it off. Yes I understand the issue. It seems you don't understand what the issue is. There was no "tweaking" done. Maybe we are reading two different statements. Even if we are, you still didn't nned to be so rude about it.

It really wasn't that clear. The wording was vague, they did something intentionally (u clear if that something is turning HDR off for good or just down or what) that had unintentional consequences. Again not clear.

If they said, sorry folks we broke HDR trying to fiddle with some saturation settings. It WILL be coming back on, we are going to fix it. It would be alot clearer.

And whilst it might not seem a big deal to you, to those that have blown £450 on an X1X and a £750 TV purely to watch the game in HDR full experience it is a big deal.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Communication is very poor over this issue.
  • MiguZ
    MiguZ
    ✭✭✭

i havent seen her make such a statement? where did she say it has been turned off on purpose?

"Hey everyone,

After some investigation, we found the change to HDR was intended to aid in some overly-saturated assets found throughout the game, but it had some unintended consequences. We’re continuing to evaluate the changes that were made in yesterday's patch, and will keep everyone updated on the status."

Thats what she said in the other thread.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    And whilst it might not seem a big deal to you, to those that have blown £450 on an X1X and a £750 TV purely to watch the game in HDR full experience it is a big deal.

I never said it wasn't a big deal. It is. I am not sure why you would say that.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no update or communication about issue?
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The long weekend is over. Can we please get an update on this issue. I haven't played in over 5 days because I just can't stand to look at the game now.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s so disappointing. The game looked amazing, then to suddenly look terrible in comparison after a update. Then add on top of that poor communication, missing patch notes etc. Very very poor
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s so disappointing. The game looked amazing, then to suddenly look terrible in comparison after a update. Then add on top of that poor communication, missing patch notes etc. Very very poor

there was never a problem with HDR in the main. sure, some assets were oversaturated (see sommerset trees) - but now the game after all that colour just looks "washed out"

the over saturation was actually very pleasant to be honest. id rather have that than what we've got now.

comms has been terrible over this thing (isnt it always) - "unintended consequences" is IT speak for 'we ballsed up'
  • ecconova
    ecconova
    ✭✭✭
    Still no word? I have not played in a week. just wanting to know what the plan is. If it remains I quit simple as that. The fact the developers are not posting what is happening I feel is deceptive and denies us a chance to make a decision on our future in game. Really bad customer service by doing this. It shows a lack of respect to those of us who invested in better tech to play their game and invested so much time and money in their product. I know it may not be solved right away but we deserve an update.
  • ecconova
    ecconova
    ✭✭✭
    All you people who want saturated colors can just turn the color setting on your TV up. Easy fix.

You clearly have no idea of how HDR works or what it does. You can not just turn up you color setting to simulate HDR. Nice try though.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom be nice to see this picked up, sticky on the front page so we know where to look for updates. Can you add any clarity? Thanks!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • woodap
    woodap
    ✭✭✭
    This lack of communication is very disappointing.. more disappointing than actually breaking the game in the first place.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no communication. Very very poor.
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly in my experience since 2014 no communication means not a priority issue for them. Maybe for Christmas we'll get this "looked at".
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only logged on to pay my dues this weekend. If it's not fixed by next weekend I'm just going to tell my trade guild to drop me.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see some people saying they will quit, but lets be real you wont. Why because you invested all this time already into the game. You would feel like you wasted all of those countless hours on your toon. I know it sucks to not hear anything from ZOS but do you really expect anything different?

Go to just the 1st page and see all of the problems that are going on. Now how many of those problems got a reply? To be honest I thought this would of got fixed asap since its a big feature.

Lets be real everyone talks about im going to quit thinking that ZOS will be like OH NO!!!! im so sorry let me stop you. You hope by making the threat that they will feel the pressure and respond to you. When has that ever really happened? How many DLC have been released and every single time there is a major break in the game? Im guessing if you have not quit over all the other issues you wont quit over this.

I left the xbox to go to PC, i was a cp 250ish had to start over sucks. I seen how the console players are treated and trust me it sucks. The only option you get is deal with it or go to PC. I really dont want to grind up again on the PC so I unsub to +, and not logged in for a while. I will wait until they get 1 of 2 options. Either let me port my toon from xbox, or like WOW let me pay $60 to level my toon up. You may think it wont happen but guarantee you it will come. When fallout 76, and the ES6 comes out see how many people are still playing.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try understanding the issue at hand before suggesting your 'easy fix'.

Cranking the saturation on your TV is not a solution because EVERYTHING ELSE on the ps4 looks fine - and this includes the in-game UI (skill icons, health bars, ever-present loading screens, title card, etc.) of ESO as this problem is with the rendering of the 3D engine and not the other overlying assets.

People dont want "saturated" colors - they want the colors to look like they should. This concept that people before were accustomed to some cartoon willy wonka acid trip landscape and are now just having to come down from their peyote high and see the game 'for real' is garbage and not true.

The HDR slider does not work. At all. it does nothing. What more of a clear indicator does anyone need to know that something is broken?

• madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West1389 wrote: »
    I see some people saying they will quit, but lets be real you wont. Why because you invested all this time already into the game. You would feel like you wasted all of those countless hours on your toon. I know it sucks to not hear anything from ZOS but do you really expect anything different?

Go to just the 1st page and see all of the problems that are going on. Now how many of those problems got a reply? To be honest I thought this would of got fixed asap since its a big feature.

Lets be real everyone talks about im going to quit thinking that ZOS will be like OH NO!!!! im so sorry let me stop you. You hope by making the threat that they will feel the pressure and respond to you. When has that ever really happened? How many DLC have been released and every single time there is a major break in the game? Im guessing if you have not quit over all the other issues you wont quit over this.

I left the xbox to go to PC, i was a cp 250ish had to start over sucks. I seen how the console players are treated and trust me it sucks. The only option you get is deal with it or go to PC. I really dont want to grind up again on the PC so I unsub to +, and not logged in for a while. I will wait until they get 1 of 2 options. Either let me port my toon from xbox, or like WOW let me pay $60 to level my toon up. You may think it wont happen but guarantee you it will come. When fallout 76, and the ES6 comes out see how many people are still playing.

The thing is, I will quit! I've already cancelled ESO+ and I haven't played since the Wolfhunter release save one night for running the new dungeons.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are one of the few, its a bad feeling to quit and know you wasted so much time.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the people threatening to "quit" are kinda juvenile. If it's not worth your investment of time and money, then don't. We don't need you to come here and tell us all about it.

On the flip side, @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get any kind of update? Some of us are justifiably irritated that we have spent a considerable amount of money to play your game at it's peak visual quality for console and having that be broken with no explanation beyond 'fixing a couple assets' and no ETA to fix it is a little unnerving.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this game, but what I will do is unsub. It’s the only action we have as consumers to demonstarte how much we care about a specific issue. It’s the lack of communication that irks me the most. If it’s going to take awhile ok, but just tell us. People might think we are making a big deal about this issue, but believe me the downgrade in visuals from prior the update to present is huge.

I also find it hard to understand that so many people seem to take joy in other peoples experience being diminished, with loads of incorrect statements about HDR or the “go to pc” crowd.

In general console gamers game on console because they don’t like gaming on PC.

Enjoy what you enjoy and let others do the same.
  • Rackdaniels
    Rackdaniels
    ✭✭✭

You have good points but for what I’ve seen after my return most of the problems have been in game issues with character/skill balance and nerfing this and that,and many of us won’t give ratts ass for those issues.Only real big unfixed issue seems to be PVP performance which personally isn’t yet concerned me cause I have yet to step on my foot to those grounds.

But as so many have stated,this HDR issue is real game breaker even some of the most dedicated players,and to people who have used real money for their game look pretty by upgrading,that is not the case when ZOS takes away character skills etc.My invested money for better gaming experience will most certainly seek attention from the games I can fully get out the best entertainment for that investement.If that wouldn’t matter I could as well still use normal PS4 for this,and ESO wasn’t even priority for me with my upgrade so no feelings like I’m married with ZOS,that separation will be quick and painless to both of us.We just don’t care enough each others.
    Edited by Rackdaniels on September 4, 2018 4:47PM
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna quit but when anthem and fallout76 (zos still gets my money, damn,) comes out i might be switching full-time, i mean if we console players can't even get an update,wtf.
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    I read through the discussion and only 1 person has said they will quit lol. others have said they will cancel eso+, and others have said they will stop playing until fixed. not playing til fixed is not quiting btw.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • blunned
    blunned
    ✭✭✭

I will most certainly quit playing if the current trend continues. I am an adult and like to feel the money I am spending is put toward something worthwhile in gaming. I have mostly felt that way toward ESO but that is quickly changing with the general community management and communication effort. I get this twang of emptiness every time I see a crown store advertisement (which is often) because it exemplifies where they are putting their efforts and resources. I have had a great time in Tamriel and feel none of it was wasted. That being said, I have absolutely no qualms about moving on. I have only been playing around 5 months and felt I would be playing this game till the population died down because of how awesome it is, but the principal of throwing money at a company with such poor communication and attention toward its console playerbase and further perpetuating the idea that a company can get rich without effective community outreach and communications and without fixing glaring issues with their game is something i can’t support. The glaring UI issues are also starting to weigh on me to the point of tedium when I log on.