Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HDR broke on xbox since wolfhunter? EDIT: Patch coming early october

shack80
shack80
✭✭✭
Since the new patch me and at least couple of friends have lost HDR? Something we are missing or is it just broken?
Edited by shack80 on September 15, 2018 12:56PM
  • MiguZ
    MiguZ
    ✭✭✭
    My HDR seems to be inactive on xbox also... very unfortunate when we have paid a small fortune to play with HDR and then it gets broken like this... ZOS better fix this before the patch 20 :|
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh?? No way update 20!, I bought a 4k TV and X1X just for it lol!

I'm sure that'll be fixed in an emergency patche
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    same issue for me also, xbox na on xbox 1x and 4k monitor. i still have the hdr slider in video option too.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still at 40% downloading lmao
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it isn't broke. Looking forward to playing when I get off work.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confused here.

I also have an XBX and I've never seen this HDR setting. Instead, I enabled HDR on my TV, which modified the game's color depth.

Since HDR is a technology, I just assumed the TV took care of it.

What does the game actually do when this "HDR" option is set?

• madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Confused here.

I also have an XBX and I've never seen this HDR setting. Instead, I enabled HDR on my TV, which modified the game's color depth.

Since HDR is a technology, I just assumed the TV took care of it.

What does the game actually do when this "HDR" option is set?

You have to setup your Xbox for HDR first, then it will automatically switch to HDR when playing an HDR enabled game or video.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it isn't broke. Looking forward to playing when I get off work.

It is. Many reports on ps4 also.
  • Liquescence
    Liquescence
    ✭✭
    Having same problem on Xbox X. Everything is grey and gloomy. The dull color of Tamriel is making me depressed. I can't even bring myself to play ESO until this is fixed, let alone invest any money into buying DLC.
    PC NA - (Recently Transferred from Console, no CP level characters yet)
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno just a heads up if u didnt notice this post. Same issue than it is with ps4 also.
  • TBONE_OG
    TBONE_OG
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Please fix asap.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing looked different to me on my PS4. Was it just some people or types of TVs?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Nothing looked different to me on my PS4. Was it just some people or types of TVs?

Do you have a 4K HDR10 capable TV with the HDR turned on?

Basically we are seeing 4K, but not HDR bright colours
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • MiguZ
    MiguZ
    ✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »

If nothing looks different now, u didnt have HDR in the first place.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to setup your Xbox for HDR first, then it will automatically switch to HDR when playing an HDR enabled game or video.
    I don't recall making any changes to the console or in the game. On my Samsung, I enabled HDR, then adjusted based on what the game displayed. I could be mistaken. It's been a while.

Regardless, the fact remains the game's HDR is broken on console.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HDR shut off for sure. Looks way different than before update. Fix this ffs...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just posted a reply in a different thread, but just so you all are aware too, the change to HDR was intended to aid in some overly-saturated assets found throughout the game but it had some unintended consequences. We’re continuing to evaluate the changes that were made in today’s patch, and will keep everyone updated on the status.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posted a reply in a different thread, but just so you all are aware too, the change to HDR was intended to aid in some overly-saturated assets found throughout the game but it had some unintended consequences. We’re continuing to evaluate the changes that were made in today’s patch, and will keep everyone updated on the status.

If it was intended then why is there no mention of it in any patch notes? Why has PC not had any problems with HDR? I will be canceling my ESO+ auto renewal until this is resolved.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

If it was intended then why is there no mention of it in any patch notes? Why has PC not had any problems with HDR? I will be canceling my ESO+ auto renewal until this is resolved.

The missing patch note was completely my fault. It was sent to me, and I forgot to add it. My apologies.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    Really sucks having a Xbox X and 4k tv and having to run ESO on 1080p
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    It's just so weird, it's like there's zero testing done for this stuff sometimes. If there was a tweak to HDR, OK that's cool, but all you have to do is launch the game on a Pro or X and the second you're at your character select screen you can see it's been completely disabled. Yet it gets pushed out anyways.

Edited by AsheronRealaidain on August 29, 2018 1:34PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC version does not have HDR support :)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply to this @ZOS_GinaBruno appriciate how manic it gets for you post patch.

So i'm reading that the change was intended, but didnt intend to fully knock HDR off for PS4 / X1X, just changed something to help

Or do you mean they intended to knock out HDR, and now you are evaluating the gain from doing so? As the later is a quite a step!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is more then a tweak, HDR slider no longer has any affect on my OLED tv, HDR is disabled and a side by side with a non HDR tv on the same system looks identical. Please fix this.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe fix them oversaturated assets, instead of shutting the whole HDR thingie off? Seems a little radical.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just so weird, it's like there's zero testing done for this stuff sometimes. If there was a tweak to HDR, OK that's cool, but all you have to do is launch the game on a Pro or X and the second you're at your character select screen you can see it's been completely disabled. Yet it gets pushed out anyways.

This actually baffles me too, everywhere I ever worked - mechanic, graphic designer, web design, printing - people always test/check things before sending it off to a client. Launching a new website without even trying it, who would? Releasing a nearly 50gb update for a game, no testing? Yeah right. I'm staring ti understand now...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not clear if intention is to shut off HDR, or something else was intended and it shut HDR off unintentionally and they gunna fix it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o_0 wrote: »
    This is more then a tweak, HDR slider no longer has any affect on my OLED tv, HDR is disabled and a side by side with a non HDR tv on the same system looks identical. Please fix this.
    I wonder if anyone at ZOS even realizes that the "HDR Brightness" slider under Video does absolutely nothing at all.... lol
    PS4NA
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually really like it. It makes the game seem more realistic and certain effects like fire appear a lot more life like. It took a few hours to get used to but it is an improvement imo
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP