The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Med and Heavy single pieces - Does it matter which ?

molecule
molecule
✭✭✭✭✭
As a sorc, i run the staple combo of light armour with 1 piece of Medium and 1 piece of Heavy armour for the Undaunted passive.

I read some time ago that is was best to run Heavy Chest and Medium legs for the greatest benefit ( something to do with how damage is calculated/hit-boxes )

Problem is that limits you to craftable sets in alot of cases.

How much of a difference is there between heavy chest/med legs and say heavy head/med shoulders ?

Have i just been gimping my choices for no real benefit ?

Thanks
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the point is to get as much armor value as you can from the chosen pieces.
    Chest gives the most armor, so pair it with heavy,. Legs, head, shoulders and feet gives a bit less that chest, while hands and waist gives the least armor, so pair it with Light, and so on so forth.

In this case you can benefit from more resistances if you did everything right. But its all about min-maxing, so the difference isn't that big, you'll still be fine without it.
    Edited by Pijng on August 25, 2018 1:31PM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only difference is slightly more resistances.

Armour resistances are split into 4 levels depending on their position on the body.
    1) Highest
    • Chest
    • H:2772 M:2048 L:1396

2) Middle
    • Legs | Head | Shoulder | Feet
    • H:2425 M:1823 L:1221

3) Low
    • Hands
    • H:1386 M:1042 L:698

4) Super Low
    • Waist
    • H:1039 M:781 L:523

So ideally in any build you want-
    • Light waist
    • Heavy chest
    • Medium legs, head, shoulder or feet

PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel