The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shuffle dodges rune cage

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess which characters I'm dusting off for this new nightblade meta?

Oh wait ...
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Can we please have the dogeable, blockable, clearly telegraphed frag stun back?

sorcs have stuns apart from runecage. Two actually. Thats not the issue in my opinion. The problem is counter to sloads and runecage being given exclusively to stamNB's. If you dont have shuffle, youre still screwed. Why not make a counter to it ALL classes have easy access to? explain that...

You don't have to have Shuffle to counter Rune Cage/Sloads...

Spectre's Eye works quite nicely and it can be crafted into all Armor Types...

:)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 14, 2018 2:11AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait until this update goes live on console. This broken ability is such a crutch.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on August 14, 2018 2:33AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Can't wait until this update goes live on console. This broken ability is such a crutch.

100% agreed...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is still good, sorc has always been good, sorc will always be good. Stop whining.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    The only counter I ever wanted to Rune Cage was to be able to reliably break free from it, but that's too tall of an order.

This and a duration nerf would have been fine.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is intended since Rune Cage can be dodged.

That is pretty broken, it's not even usable and the justification for nerfing frag was to buff rune cage, now it is even worse than it was in the beginning, and both skills are ruined.

as intended.

what will the 'nerf sorc' crowd whine about, now?

no worries, they'll find something, never doubt.
    Edited by Lylith on August 14, 2018 3:38AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    Sorc is still good, sorc has always been good, sorc will always be good. Stop whining.

Yep. Complete agreement. I don't use rune cage on my sorc and I only use empowered ward, no shield stacking, and I still do fine.

I can't lie...I'm giddy over this change. It's going to be very enjoyable watching all these players who aaaalllll jumped on this easy to get kills bandwagon, now have to actually use skill and tactics to line up thier burst...just like everyone else. The good sorcs will still do just fine, the bandwagon jumpers are going to be clueless.

Don't forget this too...mages wrath/fury can be dodged as well now.
    Battlegrounds will be able to be played by other classes now...no more sorc grounds.
    <3
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are really out here moaning after theyve all been spamming rune cage/meteor for 3 months now??

Lmao get out of here, if you relied so heavily on rune cage, then you arent that good
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great another nerf to sorc with no counter buff. The class is getting very vanilla every patch. Being able to break free was the issue, this was a knee jerk fix.

Nope. The issue was delay when people ate full force frags to the face because it landed at the same time as cage stun because of this delay leaving no counter play to timed burst (curse, cage, frags + possible furry explosion). But yes, RC and especially Defensive Rune are now useless...
    Edited by Mayrael on August 14, 2018 7:43AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are really crying about a 15% chance that their ridiculously OP broken rune cage might miss?

God forbid the rune cage/meteor combo doesnt pull off! What else will they do???
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Sorcs are really out here moaning after theyve all been spamming rune cage/meteor for 3 months now??

Lmao get out of here, if you relied so heavily on rune cage, then you arent that good

not all sorcs used it.

i never liked it anyway, clunky-assed cast animation.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great another nerf to sorc with no counter buff. The class is getting very vanilla every patch. Being able to break free was the issue, this was a knee jerk fix.

Hey dont worry, nightblades were given the ULTIMATE buff..... they can now see who can potentially see them at all times! If you try to sneak around with mage light, it pulls you out of stealth now because how dare you not let nightblades see that you can see them.

A counter to their hard counter in the means of a cheese feature. Gg zos
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still remember your ridiculous BG video where you complained you couldn’t kill everyone with your StamNB. I would be more wary talking about crutches.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

Basically this is a huge buff to stamNB's. They can now shuffle runecage, and sloads. Unless youre a stam user with shuffle/dodge youre basically still screwed. Thats awesome zenimax, time to close down magica classes maybe?

Can you guys stop saying nb this nb that... Shuffle is a med armor skill get your stuff right so what you mean is a buff to med armor and please stop with the witch hunt already or both classes are going to end up destroyed all together... I'm sick of the sorc crying about the nightblade and I'm sick of the nightblade crying about the sorc, is a never ending toxic battle and one class is not going to stop until the other is utterly garbage... I think enough dmg is done with the Nerf's you all caused. is time to assess the damage done and rebuild.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically this is a huge buff to stamNB's. They can now shuffle runecage, and sloads. Unless youre a stam user with shuffle/dodge youre basically still screwed. Thats awesome zenimax, time to close down magica classes maybe?

Can you guys stop saying nb this nb that... Shuffle is a med armor skill get your stuff right so what you mean is a buff to med armor and please stop with the witch hunt already or both classes are going to end up destroyed all together... I'm sick of the sorc crying about the nightblade and I'm sick of the nightblade crying about the sorc, is a never ending toxic battle and one class is not going to stop until the other is utterly garbage... I think enough dmg is done with the Nerf's you all caused. is time to assess the damage done and rebuild.

Except.....nb just became significantly easier now that mage light pulls you from stealth when you try to stealth spot nbs..... and detect pots now display visual info about who has one activated.......

Huge buffs for nb..... sorcs now have to rely on a reflectable stun for their stuns lol seems legit :)
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

I still remember your ridiculous BG video where you complained you couldn’t kill everyone with your StamNB. I would be more wary talking about crutches.

Incorrect. I was complaining about undodgeable abilities and proc sets. The examples in the video were Rune Cage, Soul Assault, and Caluurion for the proc set.

Both are still going to be an issue next update, but thankfully Rune Cage isn't going to be among that list anymore.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny to me how this entire Rune Cage fiasko played out.
    First everyone knew that sorc is in a bad spot and needed some buffs, even ZoS acknowledged it. Rune Cage was never used since there was nothing attached to it's CC, you couldn't pressure good players to get the kill, really all you could do is Meteor combo less tankny players. So, every sorc played MasterReach and general consensus was that Sorc kinda sucks, again ZoS saw it to.
    No one cryed Rune Cage nerfs.
    ZoS buffs Cage adding some dmg to it. Realistically 1.5k-3.5k, everything above that is fairytale. All of the sudden much more ppl start using it. The world is falling, Sorc has reliable hard CC that actually lands when you need it to, which other classes had forever mind you. Sure much more ppl using it revealed its bugginess, but that is the only problem that needed to be fixed.
    Ppl cry Rune Cage nerf like there is no tomorrow.
    Now, ZoS decides that not only they will revert Cage to it's former barely used, underwhelming skill all top sorcs considered it to be, no....they nerfed it even more, without giving Sorc any buffs what so ever in return.

So where is the logic here from ZoS and all the obvious Sorc haters out there?

P.S. I would be totaly fine with replacing front dmg from Cage for a weak 5-6sec dot or decent debuff and ofc fixing the buggy state of it, but yea...

Edited by ku5h on August 14, 2018 9:31AM
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you people thing its op the skill IS LITERALLY doing what the description of it does which is increase your dodge chance by 15%, which it did all skills at you have a 15% chance of being dodged if dodgeable that's what it says and I have no idea why you would expect anything different, it truly amazes me.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incorrect. I was complaining about undodgeable abilities and proc sets. The examples in the video were Rune Cage, Soul Assault, and Caluurion for the proc set.

Both are still going to be an issue next update, but thankfully Rune Cage isn't going to be among that list anymore.

Which, in essence, is complaining about that you didn’t kill even more players than you did (you were not exactly starving for kills in that match), because you had to bite some bullets as well and couldn’t dodge everything.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Which, in essence, is complaining about that you didn’t kill even more players than you did (you were not exactly starving for kills in that match), because you had to bite some bullets as well and couldn’t dodge everything.

Are we talking about the same video? I think you may be talking about the one where I was playing along side of a magsorc and they where stealing all the kills? Yeah that's still annoying. Although if they were to make it so whoever procs Mage's Fury gets the credit that would eliminate the problem.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    Why do you people thing its op the skill IS LITERALLY doing what the description of it does which is increase your dodge chance by 15%, which it did all skills at you have a 15% chance of being dodged if dodgeable that's what it says and I have no idea why you would expect anything different, it truly amazes me.

It's a dumb ability honestly. Dodge rolling needs to be more powerful than it currently is but there's nothing skillful about RNG dodging. I would love to see it go, and I do use it myself.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we talking about the same video? I think you may be talking about the one where I was playing along side of a magsorc and they where stealing all the kills? Yeah that's still annoying. Although if they were to make it so whoever procs Mage's Fury gets the credit that would eliminate the problem.

I PMed. No need to derail the thread further.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sorcs have stuns apart from runecage. Two actually. Thats not the issue in my opinion. The problem is counter to sloads and runecage being given exclusively to stamNB's. If you dont have shuffle, youre still screwed. Why not make a counter to it ALL classes have easy access to? explain that...

Fyi, every stam class can use shuffle.

Stam sorcs, stam dk, stamplar, stamden.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

Fyi, every stam class can use shuffle.

Stam sorcs, stam dk, stamplar, stamden.

Yeah for some reason everyone automatically thinks stamblade when mentioning medium armor. Which is unfortunate.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knew a 15% dodge chance could be so op? Does this mean that I should use shuffle for more than just expensive snare removal?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt many will leave it to the evasion chance with the telegraph that is there. Only thing is, if you are dropping around terrain and LOS, you can miss the telegraph but on flat ground, you cant miss it.
  • Zepiroth
    Zepiroth
    ✭✭✭
    #magtoo...post here if you ever felt your class being molested or touched in an inappropriate way
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is kind of funny is that after the duration nerf, damage nerf and damage requirement and making it dodge able they’re also making it more telegraphed in a future patch lol. FYI ZOS if you’re reading this don’t bother, the skill is dead and designing more effects for it is a waste of time and money.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *laughs in Aurora Javelin*
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub