Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Single Skill Respec Costs The Same As A Full Respec

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Why would someone pay the full price for a single spell respec? This punishes people who enjoy both pve and pvp as both game types will become expensive to maintain when switching between. Why is it so annoying to be both a pvper and pver? please make the respec scale in gold and make a duel spec system. this system sounds badly implemented and a horrible gold sink.
mt3y2y66y7n1.png
Edit: Nearly 20k for a single skill reset for me and this punishes the completionists the most with more skillpoints. I can choose the clear morph option to reset MANY morphed skills for a lot cheaper but why does resetting only 1 skill cost 20k? Consistency would be great here.
Edited by Aliyavana on August 14, 2018 12:35AM
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gathered it was only supposed to make respec easier, not cheaper.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    I gathered it was only supposed to make respec easier, not cheaper.

Unfortunate.
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 13, 2018 6:17PM
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That’s crazy.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Well that's silly.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was certainly easier to remove my points in a hireling passive than it would be beforehand.

Technically, it was no more expensive than doing that would have been, and with less work to reset ALL my skill points.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... seriously? Well, that is a kick to the face. Especially for a high skill point character. Was looking forward to this system, but if it is expensive, forget it. Won’t be usin it.
    Edited by Starlock on August 13, 2018 6:19PM
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP respec is the same way, pay one price then you can change all your points or just move one point. Not sure why anyone expected differently.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP respec is the same way, pay one price then you can change all your points or just move one point. Not sure why anyone expected differently.

3k respec is more bearable than my 20k price tag to respec
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think a 200 Gold Per SP, with a 2,000 gold minimum would be good.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then what is the point of this new system? Nothing?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was spoken about in the pts forums.

The idea is to save us time. It wasn’t billed to reduce costs.

It’s geeat if someone wants to respec one morph or even a couple skills but does nothing want to put points into every morph or every single thing including crafting.

When that is considered I think it’s a good move we all will enjoy.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »

Not spending 15 minutes putting all the points back and readjusting your skills bars because all skills got removed when you reset, just because you wanted to remove one passive skill from a crafting line.

So totally worth it.

I mean, were you guys planning on respeccing twice a day or something?
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
    Options
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to add spec slots to characters so we can change specs on the fly( well out of combat); CP, skills, gear, even quickslot layouts. Its ridiculous all other modern games have this and we still have to spend 20 minutes manually swapping things around. I wont pay 1k crowns for an outfit slot...hell i wont even pay 100 crowns for an outfit slot. But i would pay it for a spec slot.
    Options
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Not spending 15 minutes putting all the points back and readjusting your skills bars because all skills got removed when you reset, just because you wanted to remove one passive skill from a crafting line.

So totally worth it.

For those of us who want to PvE and PvP on the same character and need to swap morphs because half the morphs are garbage for one half the content of the other, yes, that’s exactly what we were planning on doing.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

So totally worth it.

For those of us who want to PvE and PvP on the same character and need to swap morphs because half the morphs are garbage for one half the content of the other, yes, that’s exactly what we were planning on doing.

Well, I'm sorry you are disappointed, but you still have the option of only respeccing morphs, which should be cheaper.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So totally worth it.

Which is a totally cool thing to want, but its not how this system was advertised.

You can swap any morph you want without having to swap ALL the morphs. It costs the same amount as it did before the DLC, its just loads more convenient to change a few morphs.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So totally worth it.

You can still respec just morphs alone for a lot less than a full respec
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So totally worth it.

Some of us may well respec for different scenarios. Force Pulse vs Crushing Shock, as one example.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

So totally worth it.

Some of us may well respec for different scenarios. Force Pulse vs Crushing Shock, as one example.

Crushing Shock 4 Life!
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bah, I was worried they'd do that.

Still an improvement over having to reassign everything when I just needed to move points from one crafting skill to another.
    Options
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really isn't the place for a gold sink in a modern MMO. I don't see why they insist on charging anything but a symbolic sum.
    Options
  • gitch2
    gitch2
    Soul Shriven
    2 words: crown store. The Cost increase forces the in game poor to the crown store that's if they can afford the crowns for the skill respecification scroll(unless they farm the gold in game). It's the same with the craft bag, it snags monthly memberships. People Playing the game and not spending any rl money is a bad business model.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gitch2 wrote: »
    2 words: crown store. The Cost increase forces the in game poor to the crown store that's if they can afford the crowns for the skill respecification scroll(unless they farm the gold in game). It's the same with the craft bag, it snags monthly memberships. People Playing the game and not spending any rl money is a bad business model.

I didn’t see a cost increase. Just a QoL that means we don’t have to click 300 times to do a respec.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes no sense why it should cost the same, each skill should cost a base amount of gold. Sounds as if zos were too lazy honestly
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's no cost increase.... It's just added convenience.

Give somebody something for free and next thing they complain it's too heavy to carry....
    Options
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait, if you want to change one skill. It costs how much? The same as a FULL total respec? Or The same amount for just all your morphs? Last question, (patching atm cant check myself) are you charged for every point you wanna redo? For instance, I wanna change Crushing shock, and bound armor morphs. Am i charged double? Cause that would just be beyond stupid.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Wait... seriously? Well, that is a kick to the face. Especially for a high skill point character. Was looking forward to this system, but if it is expensive, forget it. Won’t be usin it.

So, you'll never respec again? Cool.

The point of this system wasn't to provide a cheap way to refund skill points spent, it was to make life easier when you wanted to move one or two skill points around. Before Wolfhunter, that would have meant spending the other 200 skill points again, and hope that you didn't forget anything. Post Wolfhunter, you can still do that, without running into a situation where you forgot to re-purchase your bow passives, and then spent those available skill points somewhere else before you discovered your mistake.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Makes no sense why it should cost the same, each skill should cost a base amount of gold. Sounds as if zos were too lazy honestly

Because you're paying for a skill respec either way. Just one of them is far more inconvenient.
    Options
  • gitch2
    gitch2
    Soul Shriven
    Ok
    idk wrote: »
    gitch2 wrote: »

I didn’t see a cost increase. Just a QoL that means we don’t have to click 300 times to do a respec.

I was referring to cost for the skill respec being peanuts not long ago. It recently increased.
    Edited by gitch2 on August 13, 2018 8:30PM
    Options