The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Single Skill Respec Costs The Same As A Full Respec

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s crazy.

this^
    all truth.
    Options
  • serrintine
    serrintine
    ✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Let me break it down.

I want to re-spec 6 skills points out of 2 Hireling Passive.

Pre Wolfhunter
    Cost: 10,100 gold (for me, your cost may vary)
    Result: All my skill points are refunded, so that I have to put each one back where it belongs including a bunch of ones I didn't want to change. But I get my 6 skill points out of the Hireling Passives I don't want!

Post Wolfhunter
    Cost: 10,100 gold
    Result: I get those 6 skill points out of the Hireling Passives. No fuss. No need to reset ALL of my skill points.

Cost is the same as before, its just more convenient.

All of you people going "I just wanna change one or two skills!" Yeah, well, you were only ever changing one or two skills before that and the game charged you full price + made you fuss with ALL your skill points.

It costs you the same amount as before Wolfhunter to change a couple of skills. Its just a LOT more convenient.

Now, sure, that's not what you wanted. Many of you seem to want an itemized "Charge me per skill changed, please!" type system. Which would be cool if that's what ZOS chose to do, honestly. But its not how they advertised this change. Its not how the change skills or change morphs has ever worked. Its probably never going to work the way you want it to or else that would devalue the Crown Respec Scrolls.

The old respec system didn't scale to the amount of skills you respecced. The new respec system doesn't either. Its just a lot more convenient.

I disagree completely, removing all for 20k is convenient, moving 6 for 20k is a rip off..

I would never remove 6 skill points for 20k, i'd rather move them all and maybe change a lot of mistakes and other nerfed skills in the process..

Terrible system, but i'm not at all surprised, somewhere along the line Zos forgot this is a game for enjoyment.

You still have the option to remove all and to fix mistakes and nerfed skills for the same amount of gold. The example above mentions 6. You can do 1 or 100 or 400.
    Options
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question.

You also complain about everything in real life? or just behind a PC anonymously?

I wanted to change several skills I saved a lot of time, thanks ZoS.
    Options
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    It will cost @Aliyavana 1,450 gold to respec the morph each time. But there will be the convenience of only having to adjust 1 morph instead of having every morph reset.

However, it’s 3,000 gold to respec champion points, why is it so much more expensive to respec skills?

Oh well, the update always sold this as convenience there was never any mention of a price change.

As such, we got exactly what we were told we’d be getting.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    serrintine wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Jazdia wrote: »
    @Aliyavana thanks, that makes more sense. I didn’t realise the single skill was the morph you were changing back and forth.

Don’t know why, duh moment.

Yeah, that’s totally BS for you then. Sorry I don’t have a good solution.

mt3y2y66y7n1.png
    for visual proof

Why don't you just choose the option below the one you underlined? If you're changing from rending slashes to blood craze you're only changing a morph, so it would only cost you 1.5k gold instead of 20k.

rending slashes is just one example, it respecs like 40 skills for that price so why cant 1 skill be respeced at that price or lower? consistency would be great.
    Options
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only ZOS could take something players overwhelmingly wanted, then proceed to warp it into something players do not want.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
    Options
  • serrintine
    serrintine
    ✭✭
    @Aliyavana thanks, that makes more sense. I didn’t realise the single skill was the morph you were changing back and forth.

mt3y2y66y7n1.png
    for visual proof

Why don't you just choose the option below the one you underlined? If you're changing from rending slashes to blood craze you're only changing a morph, so it would only cost you 1.5k gold instead of 20k.

rending slashes is just one example, it respecs like 40 skills for that price so why cant 1 skill be respeced at that price or lower? consistency would be great.

I'm just giving you a solution to the problem of spending 20k gold to respec one point. You don't have to spend 20k gold, just 1.5k.

That being said, I think the next step to improving respec would be to introduce a small fixed amount payment just like champion points (as people have already mentioned earlier in this thread). For now, we got what was advertised so I'm not complaining yet.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mt3y2y66y7n1.png
    for visual proof

I'm just giving you a solution to the problem of spending 20k gold to respec one point. You don't have to spend 20k gold, just 1.5k.

That being said, I think the next step to improving respec would be to introduce a small fixed amount payment just like champion points (as people have already mentioned earlier in this thread). For now, we got what was advertised so I'm not complaining yet.

I appreciate the suggestion tho, but it seems absurd on zos part to charge more for one skill when I can just unmorph 40 skills for ALOT cheaper
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true, than this system sounds badly implemented and a horrible gold sink. Why would someone pay the full price for a single spell respect? This punishes people who enjoy both pve and pvp the most as both game types will become expensive to maintain when switching between. Why is it so annoying to be both a pvper and pver? please make the respec scale in gold and make a duel spec system.

Apologies if this sounds like a rude question, but why don’t you go Sky Shard hunting to earn extra skill points? Then, you won’t have to respec, just swap.

I have over 350 skillpoints, having more skillpoints spent makes it even more expensive to respec. the issue isn't havnt enough skillpoints, its having to pay 20k just to change one skill from pvp to pve. You are punished even more for having more skillpoints spent with a bigger bill and that makes single skillpoint respect even worse.

With over 350 skill points earned couldn't you just spend points for both pve and pvp at same time and just change your skill slots?

I don't think the developers mean for us to do frequent respecs.

say I take rending slashes for my pve build because it does more damage, for pvp I might want the morph that heals, I would have to pay 20k just to change one skill for pve to pvp

No. You can pick the morph-only option. Which for my NB that has a ton of skillpoints cost around 1600 gold. I just tried it as I needed to swap 2 morphs that I had tried out and wanted to switch back.

You only need to use the full respec option if you are changing passives around.

I think 2000 gold for switching morphs is pretty reasonable.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    If this is true, than this system sounds badly implemented and a horrible gold sink. Why would someone pay the full price for a single spell respect? This punishes people who enjoy both pve and pvp the most as both game types will become expensive to maintain when switching between. Why is it so annoying to be both a pvper and pver? please make the respec scale in gold and make a duel spec system.

Apologies if this sounds like a rude question, but why don’t you go Sky Shard hunting to earn extra skill points? Then, you won’t have to respec, just swap.

I have over 350 skillpoints, having more skillpoints spent makes it even more expensive to respec. the issue isn't havnt enough skillpoints, its having to pay 20k just to change one skill from pvp to pve. You are punished even more for having more skillpoints spent with a bigger bill and that makes single skillpoint respect even worse.

With over 350 skill points earned couldn't you just spend points for both pve and pvp at same time and just change your skill slots?

say I take rending slashes for my pve build because it does more damage, for pvp I might want the morph that heals, I would have to pay 20k just to change one skill for pve to pvp

No. You can pick the morph-only option. Which for my NB that has a ton of skillpoints cost around 1600 gold. I just tried it as I needed to swap 2 morphs that I had tried out and wanted to switch back.

You only need to use the full respec option if you are changing passives around.

though I have to go through the trouble of remorphing all those skills i intended to have when choosing one skill would be more convenient. Having the gold scale would be more reasonable and having to pay 20k for convenience is absurd
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 14, 2018 1:03AM
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

though I have to go through the trouble of remorphing all those skills i intended to have when choosing one skill would be more convenient. Having the gold scale would be more reasonable and having to pay 20k for convenience is absurd

You are really confusing me now. You do realize that the interface for "respec morphs" is exactly the same as the one for "respec all skills" right? You can just as easily switch only one morph with the cheaper option as you can with the full respec.

Go try it out! If you are on PC NA I can even send you the gold. For science!
    Edited by AlnilamE on August 14, 2018 1:12AM
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    I don't know why this is shocking to me.

This is exactly the same thing they did with Appearance Change, where the tiniest little tweak that you want to make to a character that was created in a dungeon with bad lighting (or in the first week of pre-release, when you couldn't even zoom in during character creation) costs just as much changing every possible thing.

I mean,

10035488.jpg

I'm sorry, defenders of this practice, but It's appalling. It's not even kind of okay. Why I keep giving ZOS the benefit of the doubt I just do not know.

This kinda crap just proves to me they are not in touch with their playerbase. They repeatedly miss the mark. Why in the hell would you charge full price for a respec of a skill or two. I thought this was supposed to be a QOL upgrade where I could easily move between pvp and solo pve, and group morphs in an affordable fashion!. Of course there's some fanboy defenders of anything ZOS does but I bet the majority are going WTF!

It IS a QOL upgrade. If I want to remove skill points in research because I finished all my research, this helps. The full respec is really only for people who run out of skill points, so this allows them to pull points to reallocate without resetting everything.

Clearly they didn't want to allow people to remove skill points on demand, so that option is not available. I am not defending or condemning their decision, but the improvement to the UI is significant. Again, this is a UI change, not a new respec option.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srsly, let the gold scale, that's just painfull.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2000 gold is too painful?
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its exactly as painful as it was before the Wolfhunter DLC.

Its just now more convenient since you don't have reset ALL your skillpoints but only have to change the ones you actually want to change.
    Options
  • Xerge
    Xerge
    ✭✭✭
    So basically less value for the same amount of money.

...Oh, sounds about right for any greedy business. Can't wait to finish all the quest content and call it done. ZoS is a joke; anyone defending this has a sick sense of 'fun'.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are really confusing me now. You do realize that the interface for "respec morphs" is exactly the same as the one for "respec all skills" right? You can just as easily switch only one morph with the cheaper option as you can with the full respec.

Go try it out! If you are on PC NA I can even send you the gold. For science!

I'll take free gold for no ******* reason, if you're offering for SCIENCE! :P

Though, seriously, nice to verify that. I didn't bother to check when I was online for about six minutes this afternoon.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Let me break it down.

I want to re-spec 6 skills points out of 2 Hireling Passive.

Pre Wolfhunter
    Cost: 10,100 gold (for me, your cost may vary)
    Result: All my skill points are refunded, so that I have to put each one back where it belongs including a bunch of ones I didn't want to change. But I get my 6 skill points out of the Hireling Passives I don't want!

Post Wolfhunter
    Cost: 10,100 gold
    Result: I get those 6 skill points out of the Hireling Passives. No fuss. No need to reset ALL of my skill points.

Cost is the same as before, its just more convenient.

All of you people going "I just wanna change one or two skills!" Yeah, well, you were only ever changing one or two skills before that and the game charged you full price + made you fuss with ALL your skill points.

It costs you the same amount as before Wolfhunter to change a couple of skills. Its just a LOT more convenient.

Now, sure, that's not what you wanted. Many of you seem to want an itemized "Charge me per skill changed, please!" type system. Which would be cool if that's what ZOS chose to do, honestly. But its not how they advertised this change. Its not how the change skills or change morphs has ever worked. Its probably never going to work the way you want it to or else that would devalue the Crown Respec Scrolls.

The old respec system didn't scale to the amount of skills you respecced. The new respec system doesn't either. Its just a lot more convenient.

I disagree completely, removing all for 20k is convenient, moving 6 for 20k is a rip off..

I would never remove 6 skill points for 20k, i'd rather move them all and maybe change a lot of mistakes and other nerfed skills in the process..

Terrible system, but i'm not at all surprised, somewhere along the line Zos forgot this is a game for enjoyment.

You still have the option to remove all and to fix mistakes and nerfed skills for the same amount of gold. The example above mentions 6. You can do 1 or 100 or 400.

Yes but still all or nothing to be convenient where 20 000 gold is required.. Losing 20k for 6 skills is very inconvenient..

Depends on how much you have 1900 then yes 2000 is painful..

Depends on how much you have 1900 then yes 2000 is painful..
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Zardayne wrote: »
    I don't know why this is shocking to me.

This is exactly the same thing they did with Appearance Change, where the tiniest little tweak that you want to make to a character that was created in a dungeon with bad lighting (or in the first week of pre-release, when you couldn't even zoom in during character creation) costs just as much changing every possible thing.

I mean,

10035488.jpg

I'm sorry, defenders of this practice, but It's appalling. It's not even kind of okay. Why I keep giving ZOS the benefit of the doubt I just do not know.

This kinda crap just proves to me they are not in touch with their playerbase. They repeatedly miss the mark. Why in the hell would you charge full price for a respec of a skill or two. I thought this was supposed to be a QOL upgrade where I could easily move between pvp and solo pve, and group morphs in an affordable fashion!. Of course there's some fanboy defenders of anything ZOS does but I bet the majority are going WTF!

It IS a QOL upgrade. If I want to remove skill points in research because I finished all my research, this helps. The full respec is really only for people who run out of skill points, so this allows them to pull points to reallocate without resetting everything.

Clearly they didn't want to allow people to remove skill points on demand, so that option is not available. I am not defending or condemning their decision, but the improvement to the UI is significant. Again, this is a UI change, not a new respec option.

QoL means Quality of Life = things get better.. Cheaper respecs would have been a Qol... this is the same thing done a different way, its not really a QOL imo..

Pointless waste of code it might be.
    Edited by DanteYoda on August 14, 2018 2:13AM
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xerge wrote: »
    So basically less value for the same amount of money.

...Oh, sounds about right for any greedy business. Can't wait to finish all the quest content and call it done. ZoS is a joke; anyone defending this has a sick sense of 'fun'.

This post makes no sense. It is the same respec for the same amount of money. The UI is just better since it doesn't clear out your build, meaning less effort needed. How is it less value?

What does greed have to do with it? It is a design decision to suppress the amount of respecing by making it costly. I would prefer dirt cheap, but there are a lot of players who believe that making respecing too cheap leads to everyone running FOTM yada yada yada. I'm not evaluating their belief, but just pointing out that there is a reason for that design.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When everyone wanting a respec system where the gold cost scales to the number of skills you've respecced can figure out how to implement such a system that doesn't devalue the Crown Store Respec Scrolls, you might actually have a snowflake's chance in the Deadlands at convincing ZOS to do it.

Until then, here's 700 crowns of why its not going to happen.
    914fd9af8944d280f3b41846d0b81daf.jpg
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/crownstore/item/75
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but if you have that many skill points wouldn’t you just have 2 builds? One for PvE and one for PvP?

If that’s the case, wouldn’t you just have to pay the fee once?

Yes, expensive, but surely cheaper in the long run compared with respeccing daily?

I just respecced, mainly for curiosity’s sake, but I did need to update skills due to the Psijic skill line. I had over 100 skill points (not sure exactly) and it cost me 8,400 gold.

one build requires me to change the morph of one skill to another for pvp to pve and it costs me nearly 20k
    But if you had wanted to do the exact same thing pre-Werewolf...it would have cost you the exact same 20K...
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Yes, but if you have that many skill points wouldn’t you just have 2 builds? One for PvE and one for PvP?

If that’s the case, wouldn’t you just have to pay the fee once?

Yes, expensive, but surely cheaper in the long run compared with respeccing daily?

I just respecced, mainly for curiosity’s sake, but I did need to update skills due to the Psijic skill line. I had over 100 skill points (not sure exactly) and it cost me 8,400 gold.

one build requires me to change the morph of one skill to another for pvp to pve and it costs me nearly 20k
    But if you had wanted to do the exact same thing pre-Werewolf...it would have cost you the exact same 20K...

And would have been even more time consuming. This is, of course, before you remember that swapping individual morphs costs a fraction of that (usually.)
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anybody defending this because it'll help Crown Store sales: set it to a flat gold cost like CP. Make it cost 3000 or even 5000 gold every time. Boom, problem solved.

The problem I have is the cost in no way reflects what you're actually doing to your skills. It should not cost 15k gold to remove a single skill point if you have 300 skills points spent. Prior to this change it made sense, because there was no way to respec on a skill-by-skill basis, but now that Zenimax has added respec on a skill-by-skill basis, it makes zero sense to continue scaling gold cost with total skills/morphs.

A flat fee isn't what I'd like, and still doesn't reflect what you're actually doing to your skills, but it is a good middle-of-the-road solution that still incentivises Crown Store sales.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Anybody defending this because it'll help Crown Store sales: set it to a flat gold cost like CP. Make it cost 3000 or even 5000 gold every time. Boom, problem solved.

The problem I have is the cost in no way reflects what you're actually doing to your skills. It should not cost 15k gold to remove a single skill point if you have 300 skills points spent. Prior to this change it made sense, because there was no way to respec on a skill-by-skill basis, but now that Zenimax has added respec on a skill-by-skill basis, it makes zero sense to continue scaling gold cost with total skills/morphs.

A flat fee isn't what I'd like, and still doesn't reflect what you're actually doing to your skills, but it is a good middle-of-the-road solution that still incentivises Crown Store sales.

id be fine with paying a flat 2k
    Options
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    As already said make an QoL update to the morph respec too and its all fine.

What here sounds out is basically players want all for free, so no decisions need to be made. Why then at all need a morph decision if you can basically almost change for free everytime you like(thats what wanted here in this thread as i read it). Its already a small amount to change morphs, if you even lower that you could basically scrap that all and grant every morph to every player - why then even bother with the "annoying" respec at all?
    Yes that is an exaggeration but that WOULD be the next step that would be demanded right after the price is lowered to a "almost free" amount.
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lykanus wrote: »
    As already said make an QoL update to the morph respec too and its all fine.

What here sounds out is basically players want all for free, so no decisions need to be made. Why then at all need a morph decision if you can basically almost change for free everytime you like(thats what wanted here in this thread as i read it). Its already a small amount to change morphs, if you even lower that you could basically scrap that all and grant every morph to every player - why then even bother with the "annoying" respec at all?
    Yes that is an exaggeration but that WOULD be the next step that would be demanded right after the price is lowered to a "almost free" amount.

"Want all for free"

What on earth is giving you that impression? Not flaming you, genuinely curious because most people here don't want it to be free, they just don't want it to be a nonsensically ludicrous price that doesn't line up with what the update actually offers. Hell, I'm advocating for a flat gold fee as a middle-of-the-road solution, which is actually more expensive than the actual solution, if you're only changing one or two skills.
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Davor wrote: »
    OH my. People complaining something is so beneficial. So people are complaining that we should be respecing over 100 skills instead of say just 6 or even 1 skill? Yeah that makes sense. The ability to respect 1 skill but still having to respect the rest of the 100+ skills is still available. So why are you complaining?

Or is the complaint it shouldn't cost so much? It should stay the same even if respecing one skill. It was the same before nothing has changed. It's still the same cost.

The costs SHOULD NOT CHANGE. Other wise it just makes it easier and cheaper to keep changing their skills all the time. The price is the incentive of not doing it all the time.

which is a pain in the ass for people that play more than one aspect of the game

How so?

It can cost up to 20k to switch from a pve to a PvP build...

So how is it any different from the old system? It still costs the same.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mt3y2y66y7n1.png
    for visual proof

So you are not complaining about the new system but the price then.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

If you have 300SP, there's no way all of those are someplace useful. Maybe you should have saved a few?
    Edited by starkerealm on August 14, 2018 9:08AM
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS is going to continue with their current method of skill design - that is, making one morph more preferred in PvP but not in PvE (and vice versa), or certain skills using the same resource but the morphs are role-specific (Warden ice aoe dmg skill - one morph is for tanks, the other for DPS), then I think they should make it so you pay a gold cost per skill/morph changed, and not the same (rather large, imo) gold cost in order to avoid an inconvenience that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

ZOS, stop punishing your players for playing different parts of your game.
    Options