The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Single Skill Respec Costs The Same As A Full Respec

• joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cost is 20k. That is, I have 100 skill points left over. I just need to change morphs. Im fine.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    Just allow us to buy build slots like outfit slots.
    This way we can swap whenever we want between two static builds, and still have to pay the full price when we want to change something in a build. The respec scroll becomes the equivalent of an outfit token.

People are not all altoholics. I want to be able to tank on my main. But being a tank is so boring out of dungeons that I can't do that because it's too much commitment, I can't properly tank for only one dungeon without spending 25k golds... Two times...

Do you need to swap skills or can you just swap which morphs you have?

It costs far less you just swap morphs. I don't know what your build looks like, but I can manage to play a PVE tank, PVP healer, and full crafter all on the same character with enough skill points that I would only have to swap out morphs.

Actually, that has nothing to do with the skills. It's only the morphs, but I would be glad to be able to swap morphs and CP and attributes points xD
    I have enough points, as I said, it's my main, I miss like 30 AvA rank points, and maybe 3-10 points from clockwork/summerset.

I can theorycraft as much as I want, it's very restrictive to tank with 64 attribute points into stamina.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    The only reason it doesn't make sense to you now is that now you can see that you are only changing one skill, instead of before when you had to reset your whole build even though you were only changing one skill.

I think the reason it doesn't make sense to people is they take the logic that when you just changed morphs you were making less changes than the total skill respec and you were charged less for it, so on that basis they expected to also be charged less for changing one skill than when they reset the whole lot.

Hmm, that makes a certain amount of sense if that's the logic. It doesn't mesh up with how the pre-Wolfhunter skill change system worked or fit with how this current system was developed on the PTS, but I can see why they might expect that.

That'd probably be a good basis for arguing that the whole system ought to be changed to a charge-per-skill-changed system.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    MaleAmazon wrote: »
    And that's the reason they did this. They don't care about us, they care about their money.

While I resent some of the ZOS business model as I think it devalues RPGs (limited-time pets etc), it´s not free to run those servers, create new content, and so on. I also create creative content on occasion, and let me tell you, there is no dichotomy between wanting to create something good and making money. ESO+ costs less per month than it costs me to eat *once* at my fav. restaurant on a weekend.

Some people have to pay rent.

While I get that ESO is an MMO and so has ongoing expenses that the vast majority of games generally don't have -- which is why I'm fine with the Crown Store being in the game -- you're lying to yourself if you don't think Zenimax is pushing monetisation hard for pure profits, instead of keeping the game afloat.

To put it into perspective, some of the time-exclusive houses cost as much as a triple-A console game ($50+ USD). A single practically vanity item costs as much as a full game. With the usual whales, that alone should keep the game afloat, on top of the upfront purchase of ESO. Then you factor in the upfront purchase of the game, then you add in the sub, then you add the rest of the Crown Store in, and Zenimax right there is making a killing in terms of profit. And that's not even touching Crown Crates, which potentially doubled Zenimax's revenue if you assume Crown Crates perform as well as other lootbox implementations.

Zenimax isn't struggling to keep the game afloat, they're just lining their pockets. Lootboxes alone could keep ESO going, if we're being honest. Just look at how well lootboxes with simple cosmetics do.

If any large publisher was struggling to keep a game afloat, that game would be closed down. I have no idea why people get bogged down in such logic. Large businesses don't continue with low margin businesses unless it is a growth business or is part of a larger strategy.

And why do people pretend they have any idea of what ZOS's books look like? They even mention upfront purchase of a game regularly on sale for $10. Give me a break.

And what does any of this have to do with skill respecs as a gold sink that has been in place since long before the crown store? And they actually already cut the cost of respecs in half. And all of this has nothing to do with ZOS implementing this long requested update to the skill respec UI. Sadly, there is a crowd that feels compelled to rant about the crown store and the game being profitable in every thread, even when completely irrelevant.

I'm talking about this because some people do indeed think that that 700 Crown respec scroll makes a difference -- it was used as a point for keeping the respec cost where it currently is at, reducing it may discourage purchases of the respec scroll. Which, as I'm pointing out, the scroll is merely extra profits on top of the already huge pile of profits.

Further, reducing the price wouldn't make a difference regardless. People generally don't purchase the respec scroll because it is somehow "cheaper", they purchase it out of convenience. They purchase it generally to be able to respec when they want to, without having to go to a shrine. The new respec system still requires you to go to a shrine, so to anybody arguing that reducing the price in some way will hurt Zenimax's bottom line with the respec scroll, it won't. It is solving a different problem than the problem that the respec problem solves, frankly a problem that was just introduced with the new respec system.

And you can get a good idea of how well Zenimax is doing by gauging how well microtransactions are doing throughout the entire industry. There is a reason why the industry has been seeing widespread adoption of microtransactions over the past few years. And there is a reason why Zenimax has been adopting microtransactions more and more recently, too. To have the one thing microtransactions just rake in: more profit.

I get that some people are hypersensitive to micro-transactions and can't see past that when evaluating a design choice, no matter how anachronistic that might be. But the game had no crown store for quite some time and respecs cost 100g/skill point. Post crown store, they already lowered the cost to 50g/skill point.

Good point about convenience. I would assume though that there really are people who buy the respec scrolls because they would rather spend their accumulated crowns or even really money for a respec rather than in-game gold. I would expect the number buying them to still be low, but low revenue items add up.

Regardless, the choice to make it a gold sink was a conscious choice they made when designing the game.

You cannot judge ZOS's revenue based on the larger industry. You have to actually see their books. The fixation some people have on talking about a game developer's profits is bizarre. Especially for a game where we hope they will continue to focus on expanding it for many years to come.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just allow us to buy build slots like outfit slots.
    This way we can swap whenever we want between two static builds, and still have to pay the full price when we want to change something in a build. The respec scroll becomes the equivalent of an outfit token.

People are not all altoholics. I want to be able to tank on my main. But being a tank is so boring out of dungeons that I can't do that because it's too much commitment, I can't properly tank for only one dungeon without spending 25k golds... Two times...

Do you need to swap skills or can you just swap which morphs you have?

It costs far less you just swap morphs. I don't know what your build looks like, but I can manage to play a PVE tank, PVP healer, and full crafter all on the same character with enough skill points that I would only have to swap out morphs.

Actually, that has nothing to do with the skills. It's only the morphs, but I would be glad to be able to swap morphs and CP and attributes points xD
    I have enough points, as I said, it's my main, I miss like 30 AvA rank points, and maybe 3-10 points from clockwork/summerset.

I can theorycraft as much as I want, it's very restrictive to tank with 64 attribute points into stamina.

That's fair, build slots would be a great addition, especially for console players that don't have the gear swap addons that PC does. I suspect build slots would wind up as monetized as outfit slots did or it would simply charge you the same amount of gold as doing it at the shrines would each time you swapped CP/attributes/morphs, but it would still be a pretty convenient addition.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats some Big Brain Design if i've ever seen one.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's fair, build slots would be a great addition, especially for console players that don't have the gear swap addons that PC does. I suspect build slots would wind up as monetized as outfit slots did or it would simply charge you the same amount of gold as doing it at the shrines would each time you swapped CP/attributes/morphs, but it would still be a pretty convenient addition.

I would totally be fine with a monetized version, and I wouldn't expect anything else. But, it would solve the "it may devalue the respec scroll" issue (while adding a crown store unlock). And when you think about it, the players that need to respec the most often, they most certainly do that between the exact same setups.
    Edited by Elwendryll on August 14, 2018 2:25PM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can they not see that coming?

Or is it for selling crowns? like outfit slots. Does not seem to have worked out alright. I dont even know anyone who bought one slot as the prices are simply crazy
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    PS: I don't care about respect scrolls in the Crown store and I don't know anyone who uses it. As far as I'm concerned, all consumables in the crown store can be thrown in a huge bonfire.

Oh, agreed. But ZOS does care about those consumables. So any attempt to convince ZOS that they should change to a charge-per-skill-changed system that would effectively devalue those 700 crown respec scrolls has to convince ZOS, not the players.

I can't think of too many players who would object to a charge-per-skill-changed system. I just don't think its likely to happen.

There's a line that they really shouldn't cross. They can, they have the power to do it, but it doesn't help their buisiness.

"Controls" like these, if you want to call them that, probably do have a purpose, but they're also prohibitive. If the end goal is get me to play various aspects of the game, this doesn't help. It doesn't always prohibit it, but it doesn't help. If your maxed, near maxed, have a wealth of gold, a lot of skill points, etc, then the cost doesn't feel quite as expensive. You may have enough gold or enough skill points to fill the gaps. That doesn't mean that everyone, or even the average player does.

If the goal is to get me playing various aspects of the game, pvp, pve, arenas, crafting, etc, then removing barriers seem like more of an ideal solution than this.

There was a time when someone thought "new coke" was a good idea as well. It was wildly unpopular as well.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    We have been asking for a way to change a few skill points and not all of them since beta. No one asked for a single skill point change for it to cost the same as a full skill point change. ZOS comes out with this system, its no wonder most people are not happy.

People are not going to see the convienence factor when all they can see is the cost.

It's interesting that you say that, because the cost is not what kept me from going back to the shrine to fix my mistakes before the change. It was the thought of having to re-slot every. single. passive. and hope I didn't forget any and put the skill points elsewhere. Of course, it was easier (and cheaper) if you wanted to do just morphs, but even so. I'm just happy that for less then 2k gold I can switch Swallow Soul to Funnel Health and Twisting Path for Refreshing Path and be on my way.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Why would someone pay the full price for a single spell respec? This punishes people who enjoy both pve and pvp as both game types will become expensive to maintain when switching between. Why is it so annoying to be both a pvper and pver? please make the respec scale in gold and make a duel spec system. this system sounds badly implemented and a horrible gold sink.
    mt3y2y66y7n1.png
    Edit: Nearly 20k for a single skill reset for me and this punishes the completionists the most with more skillpoints. I can choose the clear morph option to reset MANY morphed skills for a lot cheaper but why does resetting only 1 skill cost 20k? Consistency would be great here.

But they didn't implement single skill respec.

What they implemented is that all your skills/morphs aren't undone when you do pay for a respec.
    You get to choose which ones to change.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was about convenience. The reason for a cost is so someone isn't taking advantage of the system to constantly reassign skill points for crafting.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the system despite the fact it didn't come with a cost discount. Just mindlessly clicking 300+ times for every character was really unpleasant. Did the respec on 3 chars that had finished research and on another just I could extract 3 skill points from a passive that I now considered useless (keen eye for jewelry crafting). So 4 in total. It was around 75K, which isn't much for me and shouldn't be for someone who has had a dozen maximum level characters for a long time. For someone who has just started the game, and maybe has a single maximum level character, and hasn't had time to do all the quests, that cost is much smaller. For example for a functional build you need 120-150 skill points, which is 6-7.5K per respec. You can make that much by literally selling the trash that drops from mobs while questing for a couple of hours. As for changing from PvE to PvP, the only things you need to change is the morphs, which is 2-3K. I would really like it if they introduced the same menu for that kind of respec too.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the system despite the fact it didn't come with a cost discount. Just mindlessly clicking 300+ times for every character was really unpleasant. Did the respec on 3 chars that had finished research and on another just I could extract 3 skill points from a passive that I now considered useless (keen eye for jewelry crafting). So 4 in total. It was around 75K, which isn't much for me and shouldn't be for someone who has had a dozen maximum level characters for a long time. For someone who has just started the game, and maybe has a single maximum level character, and hasn't had time to do all the quests, that cost is much smaller. For example for a functional build you need 120-150 skill points, which is 6-7.5K per respec. You can make that much by literally selling the trash that drops from mobs while questing for a couple of hours. As for changing from PvE to PvP, the only things you need to change is the morphs, which is 2-3K. I would really like it if they introduced the same menu for that kind of respec too.
    Ok so morph reset still clear it all?
    So I have to note who morphs I use.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NickStern wrote: »
    Sometimes I struggle to comprehend how it was that the capitalist system gained acceptance by the majority of people in societies that do not benefit, indeed are gouged by the system.

Then I come onto these forums and it's clear to me. Many people will justify a system that gouges themselves.

image.pngphotoupload

It is kind of like that

Yeah pretty much. And that's coming from someone who thinks Marx was delusional.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

No, the morph reset also allows you to adjust only the morphs you want to change without adjusting everything else (but there is a reset all option if that is what you want to do).
    The Moot Councillor
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NickStern wrote: »
    Sometimes I struggle to comprehend how it was that the capitalist system gained acceptance by the majority of people in societies that do not benefit, indeed are gouged by the system.

Then I come onto these forums and it's clear to me. Many people will justify a system that gouges themselves.

It is kind of like that

Under Capitalism man exploits man, under Communism it's the other way around (and much worse I would add). In fact they way economy works in this game is closer to some socialist utopia (and in some ways a dystopia) than real life. For example ZoS sets the drop rate for various items, and thus indirectly sets the price for everything else, and some items are quite easy or even free.

Imagine that IRL you would make enough money to buy a car (horse) in a single day or you received one free from the Government. Also imagine that healthcare was free (die, and respawn at full health at the shrine), or you could steal and murder people at will, then go in hiding for a day or just fill out some forms (the amnesty ones from TG & DB) to corrupt cops and get a clean criminal record. I you wanted to change your whole career IRL (skill point respec) you would need to go to school or at least do apprenticeship for a few years, which is quite expensive in most countries, and nowhere as cheap as 10-20K ESO "gold" which you can make in an hour just picking up trash and selling it to NPCs.

I really don't see why people get so riled up about this, especially people who have been playing for a long time and have millions, or even dozens of millions in bank. A game where currency is just injected in at a very high rate from multiple sources (ex. doing writs on a single character nets you 3K or more in profit each day) needs gold sinks, which are gear repair, skill respec, and guild trader fees. If very little gold was injected, newer players would find themselves unable to get in game currency, if too little was drawn out, the same players would be the first to be hit by the high prices due to inflation, and also unable to buy stuff. So keeping a decent inflow, but also an equal outflow of in game currency is essential for game health. It is indeed a simple simulacrum of an economy, since simulating the complexities of real economy would be all but impossible in a new game (ex. account for long time resource depletion, and even less for independent innovation).
    Edited by Asardes on August 14, 2018 3:44PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »

No, the morph reset also allows you to adjust only the morphs you want to change without adjusting everything else (but there is a reset all option if that is what you want to do).
    Thanks, and yes an reset all option is still nice if doing magic<->stamina swaps.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    Only ZOS could take something players overwhelmingly wanted, then proceed to warp it into something players do not want.

And that's why I unsubbed. Spending my money elsewhere on devs that give a damn [looks in Digital Extremes direction <3]

Even though I have the gold to use this 'QoL' respec system, I'm still going to end up using the old one. Over 20k...for one...skill....?.......lolno

... you are going to use the "old one" huh?

This *** thread man.....lol
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Svenja wrote: »
    Aliyavana, I don't understand you. Really.
    You are saying it's too expensive to pay 20k gold only to change a few morphs.
    Then people point out that you only need to pay like 1650 gold to change morphs.
    You then ignore that fact and state it would be okay for you if you needed to pay a flat amount of 2-3k gold.
    Whut? What am I missing here?

Who is changing more than a few morphs anyways? A full skillpoint reset needs to be done when? If you have enough points, all you need to do is change morphs anyways and that costs less than 3k gold even on chars with maximum skillpoints.

Sometimes people want to try the stamina/magica (<--- whichever they aren't) version of their class, or they want to try their class as a hybrid ... either way, a respec would be in order since you would need to switch out a fair number of morphs.
    fixed that for you... all for a sweet sub 2k price tag.

Edited by exeeter702 on August 14, 2018 4:10PM
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Jazdia wrote: »
    Yes, but if you have that many skill points wouldn’t you just have 2 builds? One for PvE and one for PvP?

If that’s the case, wouldn’t you just have to pay the fee once?

Yes, expensive, but surely cheaper in the long run compared with respeccing daily?

I just respecced, mainly for curiosity’s sake, but I did need to update skills due to the Psijic skill line. I had over 100 skill points (not sure exactly) and it cost me 8,400 gold.

one build requires me to change the morph of one skill to another for pvp to pve and it costs me nearly 20k

Umm, just reset the morphs for 1.4k gold. Problem solved. You don't need to do a COMPLETE respec to swap from PvP to PvE
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cost is 20k. That is, I have 100 skill points left over. I just need to change morphs. Im fine.

That's impossible. 20k resets 400 skill points. Players can earn a maximum of ~403-407. There is no legitimate way a character could have 500 skill points at present.

Unless you mean you've got 300 points spent, which costs about 15k, and if you spent the last 100 that would push you to 20k, in which case, congrats, it's not easy to get to 400 skill points.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm worried I might be up for a ban for exploiting.

I don't respec very often. Five times since console launch and three of those have been since Summerset. The three most recent respecs have cost me 1g per skill point. Xbox NA.

When I started reading threads about this issue, I admit that I was confused. Spending a few hundred gold to reset one or all of the skill points did not sound like something to worry about.

I wanted to respec again because there are points spent in some weapon skill lines that I'm not currently using. I don't know if I should do it now or wait for the update. Should not have to worry about a ban for playing the game the way it was released.

I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't cost more than before the update.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really boggles my mind when people defend things that screw them. Oh, we need to pay 15k to remove a single passive? That's fine!

What boggles my mind is why are you complaining? This is EXACTLY the same how it was before. So what is your point? Nothing has changed. We are still paying the same as we were before. How are we defending something that screws us when it was always like this?

Let's look at it another way. What are people really complaining about? Fake money? Fake gold? So sell a bit more. So many people still say it's easy to make money.

If it's about fake money, then make a new toon and then you will not have to respect. This way you can play EXACTLY the way you want. So no you are not even paying in fake gold. How cheap do people have to be? There are options. You can even respect without paying any fake gold or real money at all.

Now another way to look at it. Why should people be able to respect on skill easily? This way people will just do it every hour with no "loss" at all. Now we can say ESO is pay to win with fake gold currency. Isn't having a build suppose to take on all comers? Now people will have an easier time to mix and match.

Oh this guy at that keep has this. Let me respect. Oh that person over there has this. Let me respect.

Another thing that boggles my mind is what are you going to do about these people? Maybe we can let people respect on skill, but ONLY ONCE A MONTH so they don't keep respecing every 5 minutes so they get the upper hand.
    Edited by Davor on August 14, 2018 6:49PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm worried I might be up for a ban for exploiting.

I don't respec very often. Five times since console launch and three of those have been since Summerset. The three most recent respecs have cost me 1g per skill point. Xbox NA.

When I started reading threads about this issue, I admit that I was confused. Spending a few hundred gold to reset one or all of the skill points did not sound like something to worry about.

I wanted to respec again because there are points spent in some weapon skill lines that I'm not currently using. I don't know if I should do it now or wait for the update. Should not have to worry about a ban for playing the game the way it was released.

I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't cost more than before the update.

There's been a couple times where skill resets only cost 1g each right after big updates so people could make needed changes if there were changes to how skills worked. Sounds like you did respect during those times.

You can check your cost without actually using the respec option at a shrine.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand all the complaints. Not having to respec every one of your skill points when you really only need to respec 1 is the whole benefit behind this update. Cost was never part of the equation. I mean come on, jump on a few dolmens for a half and hour and you'll have your fake gold. Some people are just never satisfied. Give them a brand new Cadillac than they'll gripe about the color. :/
    Edited by Shantu on August 14, 2018 7:52PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    I gathered it was only supposed to make respec easier, not cheaper.

Yeah, that was the point. No discount, its just a lot less work.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Really boggles my mind when people defend things that screw them. Oh, we need to pay 15k to remove a single passive? That's fine!

What boggles my mind is why are you complaining? This is EXACTLY the same how it was before. So what is your point? Nothing has changed. We are still paying the same as we were before. How are we defending something that screws us when it was always like this?

Let's look at it another way. What are people really complaining about? Fake money? Fake gold? So sell a bit more. So many people still say it's easy to make money.

If it's about fake money, then make a new toon and then you will not have to respect. This way you can play EXACTLY the way you want. So no you are not even paying in fake gold. How cheap do people have to be? There are options. You can even respect without paying any fake gold or real money at all.

Now another way to look at it. Why should people be able to respect on skill easily? This way people will just do it every hour with no "loss" at all. Now we can say ESO is pay to win with fake gold currency. Isn't having a build suppose to take on all comers? Now people will have an easier time to mix and match.

Oh this guy at that keep has this. Let me respect. Oh that person over there has this. Let me respect.

Another thing that boggles my mind is what are you going to do about these people? Maybe we can let people respect on skill, but ONLY ONCE A MONTH so they don't keep respecing every 5 minutes so they get the upper hand.

It is the same, except that it saves time. To be honest, it wasnt that great of system prior. It's not game breaking, it's just not good.

I cant speak for anyone else that objects to it, but my primary complaint isnt about fake money, it's real time.

The current system is an artificial barrier put in place and a solution sold in the crown store. It's not about the gold sink, if it were, it wouldn't be for sale. You could make the same argument for anything, for instance the vampiric skill line, bank space, riding lessons, etc. They're available in the crown store or I can spend some time acquiring them. The key difference being that I've already acquired the skill points.

Sell items off, spend a little gold, make a new character, all in some way translate to my time. Why do I need to spend more time to shift the skill points that I've already spent my time acquiring?

You're right, it's nothing new, but that alone isnt virtuous.

I dont like tell roads either.

• ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then it's stupid. Not worth to pay full price to change one skill. Totally joke, trolling, etc.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then it's stupid. Not worth to pay full price to change one skill. Totally joke, trolling, etc.

Your paying to adjust your build. If that means 1 morph, or 10 skills then so be it as has always been the case. Thr kicker is that the expensive price is generally for those with 300 skill points at which point you would rarely if ever need to even do a full respec at all unless you are radically trying to change your build from stam or mag to the opposite.

Zos always billed this purely as a quality of life change for the EXISTING system so that respecing doest wipe your build entirely, which was *** tedious to say the least. It was never meant to alleviate the hardships that poor players have to endure with the oh so woe is you price tag of a couple grand that is keeping you down from rising above into millionaire gold status.

This never ever had anything to do with streamlining the price. If you have an issue with the cost of resetting skills, make a thread about that specific complaint, which i might add would have been relevant years ago just as muchas a day after wolfhunter launched since nothing has changed.

Please, paint me a scenario where a 300sp character would have to pay for a skill respec (vs morph respec cost) frequently enough to the point of which it becomes cost prohibitive.

Anyone who thought this change was going to allow them to bounce around respecing willy nilly for chump change needs to curb their expectations a little and maybe tune into developer comments and live streams every once and a while.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 14, 2018 9:45PM