The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Reps] Meeting Notes - July 20

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Apherius
    Do you know if crushing shock or force pulse increase the chance of getting a proc’d crystal frag? What are the requirements again?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @Apherius
    Do you know if crushing shock or force pulse increase the chance of getting a proc’d crystal frag? What are the requirements again?

All skill (except frag ) have a 35% chance to give me a crystal proc. The fact that crushing and force pulse deal 3 different damage doesn't increase the chance to get a crystal proc ( 105% would be broken op xD )
    uh45.png

Edited by Apherius on July 27, 2018 9:50PM
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »

• Having a trial or dungeon mechanics favor being in melee would be a welcome change

Variety is the key here not favoritism and bias toward one spec.
    ALL trials should be designed for a mixed group of DPS characters.

They should not favor either magicka or stamina

And Stamina needs to be changed to allow for some group utility and high ranged damage so that they can adapt to the situation at hand and not be pigeon holed into one role or another. Likewise magicka should be able to do melee damage if needed or they so choose.

BOTH magicka and stamina characters should be able to complete ANY and EVERY trial, dungeon or whatever in the game!!!

There's no content I can't complete on my stamina dps. I think the point they're getting at is a LOT of recent content has FAVORED ranged magic classes. This doesn't mean it can't be done on stam malee but its just a lot more forgiving on ranged magic. So yeah, it would be nice for some mechanics that flipped the META and were more forgiving to the malee over the ranged.

Yea people keep saying "you can complete any content with stam DPS" but the fact remains that stam players are being told to go magicka or go home. There is something wrong with that, it should not be that way and it needs to be fixed.

Maybe it's because both are true.

I saw a video from Mechanically Challenged where their entire DPS team was Nightblades - both stam and magicka -and they just missed burning the Maw boss by third platform. They love Stam NBs: bring as many as they can.

Your group/guild apparently runs differently: chasing an old meta and deciding their group comp based on what they heard works well, rather than experimenting and seeing for themselves what works best. No amount of Rep feedback is going to solve your group's issue. We can't help close-mindedness of the part of players.

I'd say a huge portion of the player base googles builds and strategies rather than actually testing and playing things to see for themselves. Unfortunately that is as true for a new player who just downloaded the game as it is for raid leads who g-kick their members for not running the approved Mundas stone.

^ There is much much truth to this. Most of what is viewed as viable/unviable is an imaginary meta grounded in significant bias. Players aren't fighting imbalances quite as much as they are fighting perceptions. Video game communities are not often interested in taking time to play and test things, they want what works quickly and easily. They will drop superior strategies or mechanics if they fail early, and will hold onto inferior strategies or mechanics if they have any quick success.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The direction on sorc feels confused. Making changes, then reversing then.

It feels like ZOS dont know what the problem I, ans the noise from the many steers actions. Which is frustrating. Bad players hate sorcs, anything they have will generate noise.

You gave Rune cage damage, people lost their mind. You plan to remove the damage ans the other 50% of sorc haters hate ZOS as dont feel damage was the issue. Reacting to mixed feedback makes little sense.

As for Frag. It was already hitting pretty wet. When it lost 20% damage before it was noticeable, but you could empower it at least. Now you are talking about less damage & no empower. But stuns.

If you read sorc feedback many complained about the stun. But many decent players actually missed the damage the most as you can control the stun in other ways.

I'm unsure that wrecking Blast (which is about the only sorc ganking skill) is the way - as long as it keeps the stun on hard cat to then that's fine, but Frag I think the damage needs to go UP considerably.

Bottom line - you can NOT Nerf Cage without buffing Frag or Blast. Sorcs hit wet for 6 months in this state, Blades ran riot and our class was wedged into Reach meta.

Regardless, id like ZOS to play more. And act on data. Rather than knee jerk on noise from the few players that come here.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    A class balance is absolut for nothing for pve. It will not help if they bring other classes more in line with nightblades. Groups will still want as many magicka nightblades as possiple in the group because of offhealing and minor berserk from a class skill. I think its good to force people away from heavy attack builds, but its still hard to sustain on non nightblades. There is a reason why people farm new dungeons motiv with 1 tank and 3 magicka nightblades damage dealers. Big issiu is the new contant isnt designed for melee players.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make a new animation when using Dark Cloak (heal morph)

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    @Apherius

All skill (except frag ) have a 35% chance to give me a crystal proc. The fact that crushing and force pulse deal 3 different damage doesn't increase the chance to get a crystal proc ( 105% would be broken op xD )
    uh45.png

I would love crystal frags is it was instant cast with half the damage for 2.5k magicka.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Apherius

uh45.png

I would love crystal frags is it was instant cast with half the damage for 2.5k magicka.

The idea that most players could get behind us that frags get the proc, cost the same, but restore the full amount if you actually hit a target.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Apherius

uh45.png

You mean, no proc, just a crystal frag that you can spam ?

I don't like this idea, there would be no point using that instead force pulse, and nobody would use that potatoe skill in PVP since it's easily avoidable/reflectable.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Class Stuff

Dragonknights: Stamina DKs feel left out
    • Stam DKs want more class harmony and don’t feel Noxious Breath is worth using
    • Dragonknights appreciate the changes to Wings and the intent behind World in Ruin (although stam DKs would like a bit more here)
    • Mag DKs feedback says Powerlash stun impedes their ability to control opponents.
    • Searing Strike and Fiery Breath are not easy to land on opponents. Perhaps make Searing Strike 7 meters?
    • PvE - Stamina and magicka sustain needs helps.
    • PvE – Engulfing flames. Will send specific feedback to ZOS about how the expectation that the tank will provide this buff leads to pigeonholed PvE raid setups.

Seriously? This is the DK feedback? This list is shameful. Did the DK Class Reps quit before this session? If not, they should tender their resignations if this is all they can come up.
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Class Stuff

Dragonknights: Stamina DKs feel left out
    • Stam DKs want more class harmony and don’t feel Noxious Breath is worth using
    • Dragonknights appreciate the changes to Wings and the intent behind World in Ruin (although stam DKs would like a bit more here)
    • Mag DKs feedback says Powerlash stun impedes their ability to control opponents.
    • Searing Strike and Fiery Breath are not easy to land on opponents. Perhaps make Searing Strike 7 meters?
    • PvE - Stamina and magicka sustain needs helps.
    • PvE – Engulfing flames. Will send specific feedback to ZOS about how the expectation that the tank will provide this buff leads to pigeonholed PvE raid setups.

Seriously? This is the DK feedback? This list is shameful. Did the DK Class Reps quit before this session? If not, they should tender their resignations if this is all they can come up.

You might consider, that the stuff which is missing in your eyes was already discussed the meeting before that one?
    Options
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads:
    ZOS wants this to be good versus heavy armor blockers

Except even "heavy armor blockers" wear it; they love it, in fact. They can spec fully for tank and still do unmitigated damage and stack it with everyone else's sloads.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads:
    ZOS wants this to be good versus heavy armor blockers

Except even "heavy armor blockers" wear it; they love it, in fact. They can spec fully for tank and still do unmitigated damage and stack it with everyone else's sloads.

Exactly. This supposed "anti-tank" set has incentivized and empowered PVP tanks more than anything since Black Rose.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    @Apherius

uh45.png

You mean, no proc, just a crystal frag that you can spam ?

I don't like this idea, there would be no point using that instead force pulse, and nobody would use that potatoe skill in PVP since it's easily avoidable/reflectable.

I would like it if it was a viable option to replace force pulse. Leave the other morph for PVP. It would also be nice if they added some minor buff to the skill similar to how MagBlades get minor vitality. Minor breach would be nice here and would make a decision over force pulse.
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    The direction on sorc feels confused. Making changes, then reversing then.

It feels like ZOS dont know what the problem I, ans the noise from the many steers actions. Which is frustrating. Bad players hate sorcs, anything they have will generate noise.

You gave Rune cage damage, people lost their mind. You plan to remove the damage ans the other 50% of sorc haters hate ZOS as dont feel damage was the issue. Reacting to mixed feedback makes little sense.

As for Frag. It was already hitting pretty wet. When it lost 20% damage before it was noticeable, but you could empower it at least. Now you are talking about less damage & no empower. But stuns.

If you read sorc feedback many complained about the stun. But many decent players actually missed the damage the most as you can control the stun in other ways.

I'm unsure that wrecking Blast (which is about the only sorc ganking skill) is the way - as long as it keeps the stun on hard cat to then that's fine, but Frag I think the damage needs to go UP considerably.

Bottom line - you can NOT Nerf Cage without buffing Frag or Blast. Sorcs hit wet for 6 months in this state, Blades ran riot and our class was wedged into Reach meta.

Regardless, id like ZOS to play more. And act on data. Rather than knee jerk on noise from the few players that come here.

This! Sorcs DO NOT WANT STUN BACK ON FRAGS! We want the damage restored. Frags is to easy to avoid and it hits like a wet noodle. For a skill that can be avoid so easy it should hit hard when it lands. Yo class reps please get this right.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, I'm gonna try to do it quick:

mDK and SDK are 2 very different animals and their main difference relies in one skil: Whip.

Take away whip and you will have the exact same class, both of them looking into weapon skills to be somewhat viable.

From that point, we should focus on sDK identity, since mDK one is clear: Indiana Jones on HA

I don't want sDK to be another Indiana Jones, and even consider it is fair he should rely on weapon dmg , like a "master of arms", so I'm not going to ask for a stam whip. Instead, I would like a revision of ALL DK passives.

No passive supports the MoA identity. Theres no dmg increase pasive outside WiR, and that one works with AoE dmg, which in the case of sDK mean 2 bad skills and one that could be better: Noxious, Trapping webs and acid spray. To make things worst, the only useful passive in the elder dragon line increases dmg block (not much by the way). Do I have to block with a bow? That sounds stupid, right? Hence, it is the only way to take advantage of those 2 passives. Sure, you can go S/B but that goes against your own idea of sload "created to hurt blocking builds" :facepalm:

It is really, really dissapointing to look into DK passives. Ok, the Earthe heart line has some nerfed nice stuff, but the other lines? Is there any difference putting skill points into ardent flame passives if I'm trying a burst dmg build? Maybe If I slot a bow and use lethal arrow, but the other weapon lines? What about the elder dragon passives that require you elder dragon skills slotted? All of them except Take Flight are magicka based skills... and the reward for slotting those skills is what, 12% extra healing? 25% max extra health recovery? HEALTH RECOVERY? Didn't you nerfed Health recovery some patches ago when made it been affected by defile?

Although the price in that skill line must go to Scaled Armor, a passive that increases your spell resistance in 3300. There's another similar passive in the game called Balanced Warrior in the templar skill set (Aedric Spear). That one increases your spell res into 2640... but also your physical resistance in the same amount. AND adds a 6% extra weapon dmg. So, 660 extra spell dmg on the DK passive is equivalent to 2640 phys resistance and 6% extra wpn dmg. Why? Let me remind you that temps also can block an extra 10% dmg while increasing its crit dmg a 10%. So DKS have 2 passives that are the bad versions of Templar passives.

Even more, all classes have 3 types of dmg:

Sorc: magic, physical and lightning
    Temp: magic, physical and flame
    NBs: magic, physical and disease
    Warden: magic, physical and frost

DK? magic, flame and poison. So, the MoA class has no physical dmg skills. And even worst, the only set we had to improve our physical dmg skill forced you to use a magic dmg skill before taking advantage of the dmg increase. Yes, that has been corrected now, but have you looked into how many skills are poison based in the game? Even more, that set has to be shared with NBs. Chances to go for automaton and take advantage of it?

Sustain is another problem on DK. Thanks for the change to combustion, it helps, but what if I can't build towards poison dmg? What if I believe Dizz Swing should be my spammable? Do I have to invest CP into Thaum just to add a poison dmg skill, just to take advantage of combustion? mDK has this one easier since it main skill is flame based and has to put 75 cp into thaum (for the exploiter passive), but SDK? Most people around the forums will say "but DK can use Battle roar to recover resources"... yes, but no DK can spam Ultis just to recover a limited (and small) amount of resources. I mean, leap costs 110 ulti, and the resouces you get back from that are less than those you get on a tripot. Helping hands was already nerfed, and even worst, all the skills in the linethat you could use to trigger it are magicka based and cost a lot.... a lot. Meditate? Where do I put it? Do I have to give up vigor? Shuffle/Unstoppable/Spiked armor? gap closer? a dot? Right, I have to take away the spammable... Just compare any other class cost reduction/sustain increase passives... and those classes can also use meditate.

When people say sDK lack things, most of the time focus on the spammable, mobility and execute (though you can use executioner)... nevertheless, few of them will point toward passives. IMHO that should get priority, because any change you will do to active skills will be useless considering what sDK have and what it really needs.

My 2 cents.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

mDK and SDK are 2 very different animals and their main difference relies in one skil: Whip.

Take away whip and you will have the exact same class, both of them looking into weapon skills to be somewhat viable.

From that point, we should focus on sDK identity, since mDK one is clear: Indiana Jones on HA

I don't want sDK to be another Indiana Jones, and even consider it is fair he should rely on weapon dmg , like a "master of arms", so I'm not going to ask for a stam whip. Instead, I would like a revision of ALL DK passives.

No passive supports the MoA identity. Theres no dmg increase pasive outside WiR, and that one works with AoE dmg, which in the case of sDK mean 2 bad skills and one that could be better: Noxious, Trapping webs and acid spray. To make things worst, the only useful passive in the elder dragon line increases dmg block (not much by the way). Do I have to block with a bow? That sounds stupid, right? Hence, it is the only way to take advantage of those 2 passives. Sure, you can go S/B but that goes against your own idea of sload "created to hurt blocking builds" :facepalm:

It is really, really dissapointing to look into DK passives. Ok, the Earthe heart line has some nerfed nice stuff, but the other lines? Is there any difference putting skill points into ardent flame passives if I'm trying a burst dmg build? Maybe If I slot a bow and use lethal arrow, but the other weapon lines? What about the elder dragon passives that require you elder dragon skills slotted? All of them except Take Flight are magicka based skills... and the reward for slotting those skills is what, 12% extra healing? 25% max extra health recovery? HEALTH RECOVERY? Didn't you nerfed Health recovery some patches ago when made it been affected by defile?

Although the price in that skill line must go to Scaled Armor, a passive that increases your spell resistance in 3300. There's another similar passive in the game called Balanced Warrior in the templar skill set (Aedric Spear). That one increases your spell res into 2640... but also your physical resistance in the same amount. AND adds a 6% extra weapon dmg. So, 660 extra spell dmg on the DK passive is equivalent to 2640 phys resistance and 6% extra wpn dmg. Why? Let me remind you that temps also can block an extra 10% dmg while increasing its crit dmg a 10%. So DKS have 2 passives that are the bad versions of Templar passives.

DK? magic, flame and poison. So, the MoA class has no physical dmg skills. And even worst, the only set we had to improve our physical dmg skill forced you to use a magic dmg skill before taking advantage of the dmg increase. Yes, that has been corrected now, but have you looked into how many skills are poison based in the game? Even more, that set has to be shared with NBs. Chances to go for automaton and take advantage of it?

Sustain is another problem on DK. Thanks for the change to combustion, it helps, but what if I can't build towards poison dmg? What if I believe Dizz Swing should be my spammable? Do I have to invest CP into Thaum just to add a poison dmg skill, just to take advantage of combustion? mDK has this one easier since it main skill is flame based and has to put 75 cp into thaum (for the exploiter passive), but SDK? Most people around the forums will say "but DK can use Battle roar to recover resources"... yes, but no DK can spam Ultis just to recover a limited (and small) amount of resources. I mean, leap costs 110 ulti, and the resouces you get back from that are less than those you get on a tripot. Helping hands was already nerfed, and even worst, all the skills in the linethat you could use to trigger it are magicka based and cost a lot.... a lot. Meditate? Where do I put it? Do I have to give up vigor? Shuffle/Unstoppable/Spiked armor? gap closer? a dot? Right, I have to take away the spammable... Just compare any other class cost reduction/sustain increase passives... and those classes can also use meditate.

When people say sDK lack things, most of the time focus on the spammable, mobility and execute (though you can use executioner)... nevertheless, few of them will point toward passives. IMHO that should get priority, because any change you will do to active skills will be useless considering what sDK have and what it really needs.

My 2 cents.

thx nice feedback, but hope you recherche a little bit more next time (balanced warrior doesnt give physical resistance, only spellresistance) ;)
    but you are totally right about most passives dont fit a stamina dk at all, but that counts also for other stamina classes.
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not judging DK skill and abilities (* cough cough... take flight cough cough*) , but fyi: templars have 1 (in words: ONE) skill that deals flame damage. I feel this doesn't count as "having flame type of damage". Even more when looking at its magica cost (no access for stam users) and taking into account that temps miss passives buffing fire magic altogether.

Just my 2 cents. :)
    Edited by Elsterchen on August 1, 2018 10:15AM
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

Not judging DK skill and abilities (* cough cough... take flight cough cough*) , but fyi: templars have 1 (in words: ONE) skill that deals flame damage. I feel this doesn't count as "having flame type of damage". Even more when looking at its magica cost (no access for stam users) and taking into account that temps miss passives buffing fire magic altogether.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Yes, that's right and should be improved, though having physical dmg as the main dmg is enough for stamplar, added to the extra weapon and crit dmg you have. That paired with axe bleeds and sets like automaton makes them way better than sDK while doing dmg. sDK has to build around poison (sure, Morag tong is an option when the dot stays) or build around physical dmg, ingoring completely all the skills in the arden flame line and using DBoS or leap as ulti.
    As a sDK, what do I have to do to take advantage of axe bleeds? And what's even worst, if I go that way, how can I take advantage of Combustion recovery? As a DWer, do I have to put 2 DoTs (slashes and claw)? As a 2Her, do I have to slot Dizz Swing as main spammable? S/B is the one that gives better option, since you can use ransack, or heroic, or even bash and the three of them help with the sDK playing style in some way, but in turm what does make me choose sDK instead of templar? The extra health regen?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

My 2 cents.

thx nice feedback, but hope you recherche a little bit more next time (balanced warrior doesnt give physical resistance, only spellresistance) ;)
    but you are totally right about most passives dont fit a stamina dk at all, but that counts also for other stamina classes.

You're right, I misread the passive in the rant.

And well, I'm planning to write a most detailed post regarding the issue, analizing all the weaknesses DK (and specially sDK) has at this point.

Regarding passives and other stamina classes, stamsorcs do have a passive that increases wpn and spell dmg for slotting sorc skill, and a passive that adds a 7% extra dmg to physical... that's almost minor berserk but just for physical skills (and can be paired with minor berserk).

stamplars do have the extra crit dm and extra weapon dmg in the above mentioned passives (piercing spear and balanced warrior).

stamblades have a skill that increases their dmg a 10% when atacking from invis or sneak and also a 10% extra crit dmg.

stamden have a passive that increases dmg for slotting AC skills... 3 of them and they get a 6% extra dmg which is a lot and stacks with sets proc (similarly to minor bersek).

sDK? Just the increase of AoE dmg in poison skills, which already said are just 3 (4 if we count corrosive armor, but I hardly believe anyone uses that skill)... No set takes benefit from that passive, since the tooltip states "abilities", though stamsorcs and stamdens do increase their dmg done with procs...

Oh, and the passives that effect only skills in the ardent flame skill line (except cauterize, which receives 0 help from those passives)
    Edited by Xvorg on August 1, 2018 6:13PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolves:
    • Many Players seem to like changes

You forgot a 'don't' in there. (Also a 'the')

'Many players don't seem to like the changes.'

Don't get me wrong, the devs got a lot of things right with the updates to werewolf. But they also did exactly what we asked them not to do by massively reworking a bunch of skills and killing hybrid builds--and made many of the common werewolf 'pain points' worse in the process.

Now, after weeks of concerns, complaints, and discussion on these forums, the class reps claim most of us are happy with the changes? If this is what werewolf players can expect from the class reps, I'm sorely dissapointed.

Granted, I main a werewolf in ESO, so I'm used to being disappointed.
    • We talked about the delicate balance between werewolves having a relative easy time getting good DPS because they only have one bar and the danger in making it overly simplistic with light attack spam.

Having only one bar makes it harder for werewolves to do good DPS, because you don't have as many skills to layer on and lack a lot of the tools that other builds have to work with. It's like fighting with one hand tied behind your back, and with this new update our toolbox is getting even smaller: No more stuns, no more group buffs, less access to off balance, one of our two HoT options is being removed, etc.

As far as being 'overly simplistic', keep in mind that most ults just require a single button press--or two simultaneous button presses on console. Werewolf is actually a pretty complicated ult to use by comparison.
    • We took time to mention some sets are and could overperform with werewolf. Also mentioned how using skills where a DPS lost.

Define "overperform?" Are you referring to that video of a werewolf finally achieving the kind of dps parse that non-werewolf builds have been doing for years?
    Set Feedback:
    • Balorgh: Set has dynamic potential. Let’s keep an eye out for specific abuse (potentially werewolf). Could bring back bombing; not intended to work with Overload.

Bombing never stopped. In fact you guys made it worse a few updates back when you removed the target cap on AoE's. Now trying to capture a resource or knock down the front door of a keep usually requires surviving multiple bomb attempts.

Good that you're thinking about the effect this set could have on PvP, but I'm less concerned about werewolves--who automatically lose part of the buff duration transforming and then lose more of it trying to stay in melee range--and more worried about how this is going to make the bombers and zergballs running eye of flame even worse than they already are.
    • Vykosa: ZOS putting proc on Bash makes it so players are in better control.

This would be a good change. Glad the clasd reps listened to us about something, at least.
    Edited by Mr_Wolfe on August 2, 2018 1:05PM
    Options
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've cancelled my subscription over the werewolf changes. I used to spend so, so much money on this game, hundreds each month on my partner and I each, not including our subscriptions. I just don't feel valued by ZOS. They're doing the whole Everquest Lite thing and... I'm tired of that. I'm so tired. So, so very tired.

I'm playing Stardew Valley with my partner, now. We're having an absolute blast with that. Perhaps at some point down the road I'll look in on ESO again. I mean, I love werewolves and I still look forward to playing any game that might get them even remotely right. By the time I'm ready to play ESO again, though, the official Werewolf: The Apocalypse video game will likely be out and that'll set a very high bar, I imagine, for werewolf games.

I mean, they're using spectacle fighters like God of War as a touchstone. That is absolutely the right thing to do.

It was nice while it lasted. Bye for now, ESO. Nope, no one can have my stuff. I might be back, one of these years. Who knows? For now, my partner and I are called elsewhere.
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @masel92 was there discussion about the 2h light attack nerf
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious to hear from reps. Do you feel listened to?

I trust in the program, and the Individuals, but frankly the mess ZOS have made with cage & sorc alone makes me wonder what Impact the reps have. Either to changes or communication out of ZOS

Feels that forum 'noise' still gets the most impact to changes.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I trust in the program, and the Individuals, but frankly the mess ZOS have made with cage & sorc alone makes me wonder what Impact the reps have. Either to changes or communication out of ZOS

It's kind of a difficult question to answer. The things that are changing are all in the list of concerns we shared so I feel really good about that. This is the good part.

The only bad part is, especially as a PvE player, PvE didn't get any changes in terms of class balance. In a community where anything but Nightblade DPS is considered a meme, it's a bit difficult and saddening to see not much being done about it. Nightblades even got a slight buff since the enchantment changes benefit light attack users more than others. Nightblade DPS have amazing sustain and can hold a light attack rotation until the end of times while other classes have to heavy attack once at least every second rotation. This way, they will have more benefit compared to other classes even though it is a small difference.

I personally accepted this patch as a PvP balance patch and will be waiting for PvE balance in the next one.

It is all about their time. I know that they didn't have enough time to look at PvE and PvP both. I really wish they did though. I don't want to see at least 7 nightblades in my raids; I want to tank competitive runs with a non DK and heal with a non Templar. Hopefully the next 3 months will show the messed up part of PvE with incredible achievements and scores all having same group composition and classes. Only these can push them into doing some necessary balance changes, even though there are more than enough examples to show this problem in the current patch such as vMoL HM 3rd platform nuke with 9 Nightblade DDs.

Overall, PvP side looking good except class identity issues (Stamina Sorcerer and DK) and some classes being much weaker compared to others (Magicka Warden) while PvE is completely messed up for another 3 months.

So yeah, I have no definite answer to your question as a Class Rep who spends 90% of his time on PvE.
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »

It's kind of a difficult question to answer. The things that are changing are all in the list of concerns we shared so I feel really good about that. This is the good part.

The only bad part is, especially as a PvE player, PvE didn't get any changes in terms of class balance. In a community where anything but Nightblade DPS is considered a meme, it's a bit difficult and saddening to see not much being done about it. Nightblades even got a slight buff since the enchantment changes benefit light attack users more than others. Nightblade DPS have amazing sustain and can hold a light attack rotation until the end of times while other classes have to heavy attack once at least every second rotation. This way, they will have more benefit compared to other classes even though it is a small difference.

I personally accepted this patch as a PvP balance patch and will be waiting for PvE balance in the next one.

It is all about their time. I know that they didn't have enough time to look at PvE and PvP both. I really wish they did though. I don't want to see at least 7 nightblades in my raids; I want to tank competitive runs with a non DK and heal with a non Templar. Hopefully the next 3 months will show the messed up part of PvE with incredible achievements and scores all having same group composition and classes. Only these can push them into doing some necessary balance changes, even though there are more than enough examples to show this problem in the current patch such as vMoL HM 3rd platform nuke with 9 Nightblade DDs.

Overall, PvP side looking good except class identity issues (Stamina Sorcerer and DK) and some classes being much weaker compared to others (Magicka Warden) while PvE is completely messed up for another 3 months.

So yeah, I have no definite answer to your question as a Class Rep who spends 90% of his time on PvE.

The biggest problem is that ZOS takes their player base for granted and it is damaging for the game. There really is no other way to word it.
    Options
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    Primarily focussing on PVE, my biggest concern is that most of the newer 4 man dungeons seem to be easier to complete with 1 tank and 3 dps (no healers). I dont like the dps race on dungeons because it takes away from the roles and it requires certain dps numbers to complete the dungeon.

With that being said, what's a viable solution? I don't think the solution comes from class roles (this thread), although small changes could help, but rethinking dungeon design and monster strengths would fix this.

Thank you ZOS for communicating with the reps and hear the concerns of the players.
    Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too insane to be real life:

"Nightblades say the answer is not a nerf. Suggest they buff sorc instead"

LOL

Yeah because if any class needs to be buffed to be brought in line with NB capablities, its the God-Mode, kill-stealing fricking 17K light attack Mag Sorcs!

LMAO!

You just can't make this sh*t up!

Options
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Too insane to be real life:

"Nightblades say the answer is not a nerf. Suggest they buff sorc instead"

LOL

Yeah because if any class needs to be buffed to be brought in line with NB capablities, its the God-Mode, kill-stealing fricking 17K light attack Mag Sorcs!

LMAO!

You just can't make this sh*t up!

Just the skillset required to pull off the dps people complain about warrants the extra dps NB have in my opinion. For both mag and stam.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AuldWolf wrote: »
    I've cancelled my subscription over the werewolf changes. I used to spend so, so much money on this game, hundreds each month on my partner and I each, not including our subscriptions. I just don't feel valued by ZOS. They're doing the whole Everquest Lite thing and... I'm tired of that. I'm so tired. So, so very tired.

I'm playing Stardew Valley with my partner, now. We're having an absolute blast with that. Perhaps at some point down the road I'll look in on ESO again. I mean, I love werewolves and I still look forward to playing any game that might get them even remotely right. By the time I'm ready to play ESO again, though, the official Werewolf: The Apocalypse video game will likely be out and that'll set a very high bar, I imagine, for werewolf games.

I mean, they're using spectacle fighters like God of War as a touchstone. That is absolutely the right thing to do.

It was nice while it lasted. Bye for now, ESO. Nope, no one can have my stuff. I might be back, one of these years. Who knows? For now, my partner and I are called elsewhere.

Just to let you now, this is a multiplayer game. Any multiplayer game will always be subpar compared to 1 player game
    Liofa wrote: »

Maybe PvE and PvP passives should be treated differently, or at least you should be able to build both per each toon, activating automatically one or the other while jumping from one to the other.

Of course, there's the problem of Cyro NPC and dungeons (including IC), but I think that should be build differently to adjust the PvP requirements

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options