Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wolfhunter - sending Magsorc back to the Reach-spam meta?

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    Neloth wrote: »
    Neloth wrote: »
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Reach without Master's does really poor damage, though. Poor enough that I'd just go with spammable + Cage, honestly. The reliable CC is worth more in this comparison.

But moreover, I see no reason to run elewep + vanilla reach in the first place. Sustain-wise, Master"s reach costs only 2091 mag, almost negligibly more than ele's 2000. Both are reflectable, so ele confers no advantage. And Master's frees up a barslot which can be used for magelight to boost ALL your tooltips, not just the spammable. Or just fill it with a utility skill of your choice.

I was asking if it is possible to hit with elemental weapon with a skill on a next global cool down, say: elemweapon -> NO LA -> flame reach -> LA, so both reach CC + elem weapon hit all at once (and the curse too), followed by frag.

If it is possible, it’s a bigger burst, but yes, it’s countarable by dodge and reflect

Unfortunately, what you're suggesting does NOT work. The Elemental Weapon times out too soon. I believe if the window was increased to 2.5 seconds, it would work as desired. Even an extra 0.2 seconds might be enough.

I have just checked it and it works in melee range pretty well, so next time don’t disinform people pls

I tested this over and over on a dummy and there was no way to get the elemental weapon to hit if i cast an ability in between casting the EW and the light attack. The light attack would land like 2.15 seconds after the cast of EW, and that appears to be too late. BUT, I should mention that I was using the Destro staff only, maybe Resto staff works better.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Yet again, sorc is seeing the largest nerfs of any class in the game. Yet I guarantee we won’t make it a week into wolf hunter before some baddie dies to a sorc and respawns on the forums groveling for more nerfs.
    I'm in full agreement that Cage needs tuning-down in some way, but it was the ONE thing in the Magsorc toolkit that was justifiably OP (kill-stealing with Fury is a legit issue in BGs, but one with the scoring system and not Sorc balance in and of itself). The nerfs we did get have been incredibly heavy-handed, and I'm worried Sorc will be thrown into a bad place once again.

idk wrote: »
    4.1.2 seems to keep the skill in tact and makes the secondary part of the skill not guaranteed. The stun still fires which is the main reason the skill is used.
    But ALL these features were present during CWC & DBones, and it didn't stop Magsorc from being an underwhelming class. 4.1.2 simply brought us back to this state of affairs.

Sorcs have everything, they don't need an undodgeable, unblockable cc on top of that especially one with the range that Rune Cage has. Only class that should have that is MagDK and they don't have near the burst, mobility or the execute that sorcs do. Stop it, it's not justifiably OP. If you sucked before Rune Cage was OP, you just suck.
    Edited by GawdSB on August 6, 2018 3:04AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    GawdSB wrote: »
    Yet again, sorc is seeing the largest nerfs of any class in the game. Yet I guarantee we won’t make it a week into wolf hunter before some baddie dies to a sorc and respawns on the forums groveling for more nerfs.
    I'm in full agreement that Cage needs tuning-down in some way, but it was the ONE thing in the Magsorc toolkit that was justifiably OP (kill-stealing with Fury is a legit issue in BGs, but one with the scoring system and not Sorc balance in and of itself). The nerfs we did get have been incredibly heavy-handed, and I'm worried Sorc will be thrown into a bad place once again.

4.1.2 seems to keep the skill in tact and makes the secondary part of the skill not guaranteed. The stun still fires which is the main reason the skill is used.
    But ALL these features were present during CWC & DBones, and it didn't stop Magsorc from being an underwhelming class. 4.1.2 simply brought us back to this state of affairs.

Sorcs have everything, they don't need an undodgeable, unblockable cc on top of that especially one with the range that Rune Cage has. Only class that should have that is MagDK and they don't have near the burst, mobility or the execute that sorcs do. Stop it, it's not justifiably OP. If you sucked before Rune Cage was OP, you just suck.

Lol. The forumblades are turning rabid. This one’s so tilted he’s frothing at the mouth.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How dare you guys kill our supreme overlords called NBs. Now you hath unleashed the wrath of ZOS for your heathen ways. You should have just died to NBs. Their QQ hath reached ZOS and they are raining down the wrath.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you all see rune cage dmg for 11k? :o
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

It’s a tooltip on a non-sustain all out damage build that probably only one certain player plays, if even. It has turned into a legendary forum meme alongside with Sorc mobility.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    Feanor wrote: »

It’s a tooltip on a non-sustain all out damage build that probably only one certain player plays, if even. It has turned into a legendary forum meme alongside with Sorc mobility.

And your god-mode shields.

And your OP incap curse you apply every two seconds!

I’ve already re-rolled magblade for the fun of it. So at least these whining forumblades are working hard to keep my new class nerf free!
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    GawdSB wrote: »

Lol. The forumblades are turning rabid. This one’s so tilted he’s frothing at the mouth.

You tried, but I play a MagDK. Nightblades actually irritate just as much as Sorcs. Stop being salty.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    Rune cage isnr ruined at all and going back to flame reach wouldnt be better. Rune cage drops block and has a delay getting to the person and breaking out of it, its dodgeable now LIKE flame reach, flame reach doesnt drop block and can be blocked rune cage can. So rune cage is still superior to flame reach, rune cage is in a way better place now
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Posting this again. It's not rune cage, it's the break free/CC immunity not working that's the prob. Fine, sorcs puts rune cage on me. In one instance I can break free but the next time I cant. Wtf

I do not know but firmly believe the unbreakable part comes when more than one person is CCIng you at the same time. In almost any 1v1 situation I have been in the person I hit with cage broke free quite easily. The very rare times they didn't I assume they didnt have the stam to do it. The problem with the system is that cc immunity is granted by break free but if you can't break free you can't gain immunity, and are open to being chain stunned.

CC immunity should be granted by the effect that causes the CC, i.e. fear, cage, fossilize, stone fist, etc. not break free. Those abilities themselves should make a person immune, not break free. As soon as you are stunned you are immune is how it should be. Then there is no window open where you can get chain stunned.

Stuns with knockbacks and animations seem to be the worst offenders. If the stun itself made you immune then no one else could stun you while the animation plays. The only time I seem to get perma stunned is when about 6 people are on me at the same time, never in a 1v1 scenario to my recollection. Anyone have any different experience from this?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    Rune cage isnr ruined at all and going back to flame reach wouldnt be better. Rune cage drops block and has a delay getting to the person and breaking out of it, its dodgeable now LIKE flame reach, flame reach doesnt drop block and can be blocked rune cage can. So rune cage is still superior to flame reach, rune cage is in a way better place now

It doesn’t do any damage though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Returning to Master's destro
    Minalan wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

And your god-mode shields.

And your OP incap curse you apply every two seconds!

I’ve already re-rolled magblade for the fun of it. So at least these whining forumblades are working hard to keep my new class nerf free!

Traiter!
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »

Flame reach has damage and a dot. Rune cage does not.
    Edited by bardx86 on August 6, 2018 10:55PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Cage: This ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

Went live on PTS today, Rune Cage is now officially weaker than in CWC and DBones.

Editing the OP to reflect this change.
    Edited by TheYKcid on August 7, 2018 1:28AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Cage: This ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

Went live on PTS today, Rune Cage is now officially weaker than in CWC and DBones.

Yup.. Makes you wonder about the thought process sometimes.. It's like..:

Hey! X is to weak.. its only like a 2 out of 10. Nobody uses it - they all use Y instead which is a 5/10. Lets buff it.
    OK, it's like a 5 now.. still not enough ppl using it though.. Lets make it an 8!
    Damn, everyone's complaining.. What do we do?? I know.. Lets make it a 3!!

Sigh...
    Edited by Biro123 on August 7, 2018 1:34AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123

Compared to CWC it’s a -1 now though.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think 2/10 referred to when it was a disorient, and 5/10 was the CWC/DBones version.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    I think 2/10 referred to when it was a disorient, and 5/10 was the CWC/DBones version.

Yep :star:
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still gonna run rune cage because I don’t like being in a situation where every decent DK or block build is a total impasse in a 1vX situation. Sorcs inability to break block is a fatal gameplay design and makes the class very frustrating.

That being said I welcome the nerfs. Cage is overperforming on live and this brings it in to line. Any further nerfs tho and I’ll drop it for reach, because at that point you’re sacrificing your ability to kill anything and not just block specs. I just wanna thank you tho for making this post. It may seem small, but ppl don’t realize how massive these nerfs are relative to live, especially in regards to fury.

So based on the date of your post......reach? :)

@CyrusArya
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage

So based on the date of your post......reach? :)

@CyrusArya

Stamplar @Makkir

Lol. Ain’t no nobody got time for spamming reach vs the incoming wings meta.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos