The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wolfhunter - sending Magsorc back to the Reach-spam meta?

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    I'm still there :lol:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    Friggin streak through people like the lil poop I am.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Returning to Master's destro
    I'm 2 days late on the uptake, but I just saw official confirmation that cage will also become dodgeable in a future PTS iteration, in addition to the damage removal.

Source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5342888/#Comment_5342888

What we're left with is a substantially weaker version of the skill, than even in CWC/DBones. It's basically just a utility slot to drop block now. No burst, no countering rollies.

Those who voted Cage—does this change your decision in any way?

@CyrusArya we got the "further nerfs" you talked about lol.
    Edited by TheYKcid on August 1, 2018 5:20PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    I'll be switching to my pre-summerset front bar with no CC. And I will be returning Cage to defensive rune and slotting it on my back bar.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    I'm 2 days late on the uptake, but I just saw official confirmation that cage will also become dodgeable in a future PTS iteration, in addition to the damage removal.

Source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5342888/#Comment_5342888

What we're left with in a substantially weaker version of the skill, than even in CWC/DBones. It's basically just a utility slot to drop block now. No burst, no countering rollies.

Those who voted Cage—does this change your decision in any way?

@CyrusArya we got the "further nerfs" you talked about lol.

Ive already given up, cancelled my sub, and rolled a nightblade, because the developers of this game will never seriously nerf them (because the devs are full-on stupid people). If I’m going to be forced into a reach/clench playstyle it’ll be on a class that’s good at it.

Think of it this way: I can cloak sloads. Perma-cloak, and shade jump. And the gankblade forum crybabies will be working for me instead of against. Will actually hits as hard as frags used to, and the incap ‘nerf’ was a joke.

PS: NERF SORC! Shield stacking OP! Curse is a two second incap strike! :lol:
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Yet again, sorc is seeing the largest nerfs of any class in the game.

And somehow, they always remain in the top food chain on PvP :|
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many wing spammers out there for reach so i don't know what i will use.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Yet again, sorc is seeing the largest nerfs of any class in the game.

And somehow, they always remain in the top food chain on PvP :|

Dragonbones Sorcs were only ‘top of the food chain’ against bad players.

Are you trying to tell us something?
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they basically made Rune Cage worthless. If it's dodgeable the damage should be added back. If I can get an ublockable stun that hits for 11k+ tool tip damage, similar to Curse, it's worth "CONSIDERING" even then it's not a guaranteed.

What a ridiculou change, why the hell is it dodgeable? It's literally the only skill we have to counter dodge rolling stam regen DK's and NB's who can endlessly defend themselves from our burst with their skills while putting out ridiculous amounts of damage once they break our shields.

It's unbelievable.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    I never ran reach. Didn't like the meta as I'm a MagDW guy. So cage was for me before it was buffed. It's clunky but what choice do you have.

However the case you make is the big issue with these changes, we aren't just back to DB but its WORSE. No empower on frags etc. Spec burst will be utterly wet. And it was wet before.

If they do this to cage, Crystal Frag or Blast need a buff. Even adding proc to Blast isn't enough as the damage will be nigh on 40% less than old frag.

It's a dire situation.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

what i'm trying to say is that every patch sorcs complain about the nerfs, and after 5 patches of nerfs in a row they are the best performing pvp class atm. So complaining about sorcs getting nerfed everytime is kinda ironic imo.
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 1, 2018 5:12PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Returning to Master's destro
    Magsorc was absolutely not the best performing class during CWC and DBones. You'll be hard-pressed to find any competent player that would even rank them among the top 4 during those patches.

And the upcoming update is sending it far, far below that level of performance.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    I'm amazed at how quickly they nerfed sorc.

Most QQs take more than 1 PTS cycle.

Also makes me wonder about EVERY SINGLE BALANCE ISSUE PROVIDED BY THE REPRESENTATIVES

If they can oh so quickly change Sorcs, why the hell is every bug/pain point of other classes being ignored?

Where the f is my after 2 weeks, CC on warden?

Why the F does DK breath ability always miss?

Why the F is my Templar being nerfed? (Flare and Barrage both are weaker)

NBs... well they are NBs and can cloak to make Balance changes miss
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting this again. It's not rune cage, it's the break free/CC immunity not working that's the prob. Fine, sorcs puts rune cage on me. In one instance I can break free but the next time I cant. Wtf
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc was absolutely not the best performing class during CWC and DBones. You'll be hard-pressed to find any competent player that would even rank them among the top 4 during those patches.

i took a break during DBones so i kinda lost that period, but still, after so many nerfs in a row, somehow they become the best performing pvp class in the current patch. You can't deny the irony of the "they nerf sorcs every patch" that is so common around these posts lol

These changes aren't going to change much:

- rune cage dogeable doesn't solve much, it's mostly a bone for medium armor builds but you can still rekt them with a meteor+runecage combo, the difference is that meteor takes time to build, compared to live when you can nuke them every 6 seconds.

- Fury hit being doggeable is not a nerf, is a fix, and any competent sorc will adapt to timming the fury diferently to fight rollypoly builds.

- Runecage will remain the main CC, even with the nerf is still far more powerful that flame reach, so saying that sorcs will be lock into the master destro meta again is bs imo.

- Sloads is a problem for everyone, and shieldstackers can deal with it better than classes that rely on healing. You can mitigate all incoming damage with shields and healing ward will counter the health drain of sloads. If you think that sloads is a problem for magsorcs, try to fight sloads with a stamina build while all the damage is going to your health and you are defiled. And saying that magika builds can't dodge is straight a lie, with sets like shacke/amber and tri-stats glyps you can dodge several times in a row and still have stamina to CC break (specially on CP-enable enviroments).

This post is a overreacting, sloads and rune cage are going to remain the main cancer next patch, and magsorcs will remain the most overperfroming class in PvP, specially with the new monster set.
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 1, 2018 5:35PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)

i took a break during DBones so i kinda lost that period, but still, after so many nerfs in a row, somehow they become the best performing pvp class in the current patch. You can't deny the irony of the "they nerf sorcs every patch" that is so common around these posts lol

- rune cage dogeable doesn't solve much, it's mostly a bone for medium armor builds but you can still rekt them with a meteor+runecage combo, the difference is that meteor takes time to build, compared to live when you can nuke them every 6 seconds.

- Fury hit being doggeable is not a nerf, is a fix, and any competent sorc will adapt to timming the fury diferently to fight rollypoly builds.

- Runecage will remain the main CC, even with the nerf is still far more powerful that flame reach, so saying that sorcs will be lock into the master destro meta again is bs imo.

- Sloads is a problem for everyone, and shieldstackers can deal with it better than classes that rely on healing. You can mitigate all incoming damage with shields and healing ward will counter the health drain of sloads. If you think that sloads is a problem for magsorcs, try to fight sloads with a stamina build while all the damage is going to your health and you are defiled. And saying that magika builds can't dodge is straight a lie, with sets like shacke/amber and tri-stats glyps you can dodge several times in a row and still have stamina to CC break (specially on CP-enable enviroments).

This post is a overreacting, sloads and rune cage are going to remain the main cancer next patch, and magsorcs will remain the most overperfroming class in PvP, specially with the new monster set.

A problem with sorcs is how telegraphed the burst is. A proper rollblade used to be a real headache. It remains to be seen if that problem is back.
    Runecage with no damage lowers your burst too much. What good is an unavoidable CC if your combo isn't lethal? That's why most people used Reach in Dragon Bones, and why Cage only got heat after the damage change. Oh, and Meteor is sooo slow to build up, and it's even weaker now after the empower change.
    Defile is a problem, but still - healing is a direct counter to Sload's. As is dodge. It is very difficult for sorcs to dodge continuously.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)

This is soo, soo wrong.

The only thing that changed to make sorcs good now compared to DB/CWC was cage. And they are making cage WORSE than it was during DB/CWC. Therefore the class will be instantly worse than it was during that time.

Cage will not be on my bar after this. Wont even be a difficult choice. Don't even need to think about it. It just so obviously worse now than reach - by a long way. Even worse than reach without masters staff (which I don't have).
    Even then, I never liked reach.
    I think I'll instead be using dawnbreaker for my crowd-control/burst. How bad is that?? A mag class having to use a physical ulti just to get a decent bloody CC..???
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    I will be sticking with Rune Cage, Reach gets reflected too much and can also be dodged.

What I dont understand is why a skill like Rune Cage gets nerfed before its even fixed. The biggest issue is the delay on break-free, ZOS’ answer is to make it dodgeable and reduce the dmg. How is that solving the problem?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    Biro123 wrote: »

This is soo, soo wrong.

The only thing that changed to make sorcs good now compared to DB/CWC was cage. And they are making cage WORSE than it was during DB/CWC. Therefore the class will be instantly worse than it was during that time.

Cage will not be on my bar after this. Wont even be a difficult choice. Don't even need to think about it. It just so obviously worse now than reach - by a long way. Even worse than reach without masters staff (which I don't have).
    I think I'll instead be using dawnbreaker for my crowd-control/burst. How bad is that?? A mag class having to use a physical ulti just to get a decent bloody CC..???

I hear mag sorcs can use a physical ult? That's overpowered! Dawnbreaker DoT should overwrite the Endless Fury "debuff"!
    Also, L2P and you're wrong and NBs have been underpowered for six years now.
    ;3
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is soo, soo wrong.

If you are going to say that is "soooo wrong", maybe you want to give the reasons for it. And no, runecage wasn't the only change that made the sorcs good. With the change of 2-handled weapons counting as a 2 items for sets, builds using destro/resto and 2h/bow for example got a considerable damage bump, and when burst damage is increased classes with natural high burst are the ones who gets the most benefit out of it, that's why magsorc and stamblades are top noch classes currently. Runecage was just a broken way to compensate to magsorcs losing the stun of frags, but even with clench builds magsorcs still have brutal damage.

And if you choose to remove runecage of your bar, i will give you 1 week before you slot it again. Is still far superior to clench, even with clench being a good CC. CyrusArya explained the main reason why runecage is still going to be the best CC for sorcs, and still going to be one of the best CC's of the game, is unblockable, how many unblockable ranged CC's do you know? Nobody needs an spamable undoggeable CC, having ultimates with undogeable CC is already more than enought.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is soo, soo wrong.

Oh, I wouldn't know...
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 2, 2018 3:10PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)

This is soo, soo wrong.

If you are going to say that is "soooo wrong", maybe you want to give the reasons for it. And no, runecage wasn't the only change that made the sorcs good. With the change of 2-handled weapons counting as a 2 items for sets, builds using destro/resto and 2h/bow for example got a considerable damage bump, and when burst damage is increased classes with natural high burst are the ones who gets the most benefit out of it, that's why magsorc and stamblades are top noch classes currently. Runecage was just a broken way to compensate to magsorcs losing the stun of frags, but even with clench builds magsorcs still have brutal damage.

And if you choose to remove runecage of your bar, i will give you 1 week before you slot it again. Is still far superior to clench, even with clench being a good CC. CyrusArya explained the main reason why runecage is still going to be the best CC for sorcs, and still going to be one of the best CC's of the game, is unblockable, how many unblockable ranged CC's do you know? Nobody needs an spamable undoggeable CC, having ultimates with undogeable CC is already more than enought.

Ok, then - reasons...
    (and yes, sorcs got stronger due to the weapon change - but then so did pretty much every one else - but the main ulti that goes with cage also lost its auto-empower..). Not to mention having to drop inner light to fit cage on the bar with a staff ability (ie losing a significant amount of magica+crit.. in fact more than you gain by the weapon change)

So if cage is gonna be dodgeable, and only do damage when broken(ie not do damage at all since anyone staying stunned for 5 seconds is dead anyway), then if I'm to choose between reach or cage..:

1. Both undodgeable - even
    2. Cage unblockabe, Reach blockable.. honestly, doesn't matter too much. Permablockers aren't a thing. Yeah, cage can allow (the now weaker) telegraphed meteor to hit - but I'd rather do an untelegraphed dawnbreaker when theyre not blocking.
    3. Reach gives 8% damage to ALL abilities just for slotting it. This is huge when compared to cage which doesn't.. and also can be used as a spammable instead of CS. So you save a slot using reach vs cage+CS - which is also huge.
    4. As mentioned reach does damage - cage effectively won't. Damage + damage over time(which is useful for proccing a ton of other stuff).
    5. Cage is useless when some other friendly chap is constantly spamming cc's - and when you're delayed burst is relying on cage - then your burst is also effectively useless. Reach can still do damage - which you need between bursts.. (and did I say it also gives 8% more to other stuff and procs nice things?)
    6. My biggest pain point on sorc is dodge-rollers rather than blockers.. I'd rather slot something that cc's but can't be dodged.. (Dawnbreaker). It even does damage at the same time!!

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    . Also mages fury is bugged as hell i have video proof how it one procs at 50 %l.

Ever heard of a thing called "Health D-Sync" ?
    Its a neat bug that once again, has been a thing since beta....
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    Was running rune cage ever since the skill existed.

Can we have the stun back on frags please ? Tired of slotting garbage skills like reach / cage

We asked, they said no.

What we’re trying for is a blast morph with a proc that stuns, but won’t have the 10% damage of a proc frag.

I would like the base damage of crystal shard go up by atleast 20% then. I am not sure a 13k ish tooltip frag along with curse and force pulse will bring anyone down to 20% health.

If you only have a 13k tooltip youre playing MagSorc WAY wrong...
    Im sitting at a 20.2k Tooltip fully buffed, most MagSorcs sit at 18k+ fully buffed

Edit; i skimmed past 13k base, but even so 13k is still very low for a base tooltip
    Edited by ItsNebula on August 2, 2018 4:00PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage
    ItsNebula wrote: »

Can we have the stun back on frags please ? Tired of slotting garbage skills like reach / cage

We asked, they said no.

What we’re trying for is a blast morph with a proc that stuns, but won’t have the 10% damage of a proc frag.

I would like the base damage of crystal shard go up by atleast 20% then. I am not sure a 13k ish tooltip frag along with curse and force pulse will bring anyone down to 20% health.

Im sitting at a 20.2k Tooltip fully buffed, most MagSorcs sit at 18k+ fully buffed

Edit; i skimmed past 13k base, but even so 13k is still very low for a base tooltip

Frags should be closer to 20K, and hit for maybe 7-8K after battle spirit and resists.

A 10-12K tooltip is on destructive reach with the master staff. Add in the DOT and it’s a very decent spammable.

The issue is: why play a *** reach Sorc when you can do so much better with a magblade?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage

We asked, they said no.

Frags should be closer to 20K, and hit for maybe 7-8K after battle spirit and resists.

A 10-12K tooltip is on destructive reach with the master staff. Add in the DOT and it’s a very decent spammable.

The issue is: why play a *** reach Sorc when you can do so much better with a magblade?

Not as much fun to theory craft. NB theory crafting is like: whelp, that's everything I need... Moving on
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage

what i'm trying to say is that every patch sorcs complain about the nerfs, and after 5 patches of nerfs in a row they are the best performing pvp class atm. So complaining about sorcs getting nerfed everytime is kinda ironic imo.

Sorcs are also the easiest class to burst down atm
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with Rune Cage

We asked, they said no.

Oh yeah it's a L2R issue. He meant 10% less damage on procd frag. My bad
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc'd Crystal Frag needs to give minor sorcery or some type of buff like that. Maybe a defile debuff?
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify)
    Neloth wrote: »
    Reach without Master's does really poor damage, though. Poor enough that I'd just go with spammable + Cage, honestly. The reliable CC is worth more in this comparison.

But moreover, I see no reason to run elewep + vanilla reach in the first place. Sustain-wise, Master"s reach costs only 2091 mag, almost negligibly more than ele's 2000. Both are reflectable, so ele confers no advantage. And Master's frees up a barslot which can be used for magelight to boost ALL your tooltips, not just the spammable. Or just fill it with a utility skill of your choice.

I was asking if it is possible to hit with elemental weapon with a skill on a next global cool down, say: elemweapon -> NO LA -> flame reach -> LA, so both reach CC + elem weapon hit all at once (and the curse too), followed by frag.

If it is possible, it’s a bigger burst, but yes, it’s countarable by dodge and reflect

Unfortunately, what you're suggesting does NOT work. The Elemental Weapon times out too soon. I believe if the window was increased to 2.5 seconds, it would work as desired. Even an extra 0.2 seconds might be enough.

I have just checked it and it works in melee range pretty well, so next time don’t disinform people pls