Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

150 daily quests... a bit overkill?

Marabornwingrion
Marabornwingrion
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Right now to get achievement for daily quests from all Chapter / DLC zones we need to complete 30 of them.
New daily quests for Murkmire require 150 of them to get the achievement, that's 5 months of doing daily quests everyday...
For me that grind for 1 achievement is insane.

tfQxMN8.png
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't this be in the PTS forum? And yes, I agree, it's insane.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear... another step to make the game even more grindy. It's tedious enough as it is, but 150 instead of 30 is quite something :s
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case there was anything unclear about it, MMO'ing in 2018 isn't about having fun or doing interesting or entertaining things.

It's about paying through your nose for the dubious honour of being allowed to grind your rear end off an a non-stop and ever increasing farm game.

At least they realised their folly regarding the jewelrycrafting nonsense, and quickly rolled back. why would they even think increasing the daily grind fivefold would be a great idea.

Someone needs to tell the dev team that there are better was of making an interesting or enganging mmo content than simply applying every Skinner behaviourism tool in the box.

Sometimes I do think they introduce these endless grinds in order to hide the diminishing quality of their content.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if these quests can be shared by other players? So I could complete more than 1 per day?
    And what if I will stop playing now and return to game after Murkmire release, will I still be able to complete them?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many different dailies are there to do for that? If its just one then that is insane, it has to be a couple at the very least to make it reasonable.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, could we stop making a billion meaningless titles for every update.

Just farting a bit loudly in a trial or battleground will yield a title. 6-8 new titles per new dungeon as well, and now a meaningless title "Murkmire prepper", wow, much fancy, very glamorous, just for doing a number of dailies in a prologue quest.

It's a already a struggle to find my titles in the dropdown menu from the 60+ possible ones, and when I come across someone, half the times I don't even know what that title means. All the old ones I recall and they have meaning, the vast majority of the new titles are meaningless to me.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    At least they realised their folly regarding the jewelrycrafting nonsense, and quickly rolled back.

Rolled back? LOL! They gave us a ridiculous 10x grind that they knew was ridiculous (I doubt they failed to notice the 20+ page thread about it during the Summerset PTS), and then dialed it down to a still-ridiculous (but not as egregious) 5x grind. Except instead of people complaining about the 5x grind being out of line, people are scrambling over each other to praise ZOS for the 5x grind because it's such a relief compared to the 10x grind.

The 10x grind was deliberate, and it served its purpose perfectly to get people to joyfully accept the 5x grind.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you did the 100 Cunning & Trove Scamp and Master Angler on 15 characters you're a filthy casual! :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    At least they realised their folly regarding the jewelrycrafting nonsense, and quickly rolled back.

Rolled back? LOL! They gave us a ridiculous 10x grind that they knew was ridiculous (I doubt they failed to notice the 20+ page thread about it during the Summerset PTS), and then dialed it down to a still-ridiculous (but not as egregious) 5x grind. Except instead of people complaining about the 5x grind being out of line, people are scrambling over each other to praise ZOS for the 5x grind because it's such a relief compared to the 10x grind.

The 10x grind was deliberate, and it served its purpose perfectly to get people to joyfully accept the 5x grind.

Perhaps. But they did cut jewelrycrafting recipe requirements in half, and cut gold upgrades for jewelry down from 10 to 4, plus added dust in ore nodes.

I don't know about you, but I'm content with that.

I would prefer if they started out at the reasonable level instead of starting out at the insane grind level and then backtracked to reasonable after a while, which is why I facepalm a little whenever we then get introduced to new stupid grinds like this one.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a shocking grind for just a lame title... I wouldn't even consider it unless there was a much better reward attached, i.e. costume or pet. Even then, 5 months, omg.
    PC EU & NA
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a shocking grind for just a lame title... I wouldn't even consider it unless there was a much better reward attached, i.e. costume or pet. Even then, 5 months, omg.

Well, the netch jelly pet (which is kinda cool) drops in parts from this quest. Doesn't justify the amount of dailies required though, but there is a pet in the daily quests, for what it's worth.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus these MMO-Kids nowadays don't even know the grind.

Back in the days we didn't get thing handed to us like you all do.

c'mon
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back Veteran Ranks and make 30 of them now. I can't live without grind!
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meaningless long grinds, cheap reskins sold at overprice, now where have we seen this before, hmmm....

cowclicker31.jpg

220px-Cow_Clicker_cover.png

Edited by Carbonised on July 31, 2018 12:36PM
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the netch jelly pet (which is kinda cool) drops in parts from this quest. Doesn't justify the amount of dailies required though, but there is a pet in the daily quests, for what it's worth.

Oh, thanks! I'll still get bored, halfway through I expect. I still haven't finished the ginger kitten pet...
    PC EU & NA
  • fgulerneb18_ESO1
    i wish to back veteran ranks asap or something new.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So are we supposed to do a quest per day until Murkmire actually drops??? I suspect I'd burn out by that point.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another XYZ daily quests achievement... Yay (sarcasm).
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DarkScatha wrote: »
    Jesus these MMO-Kids nowadays don't even know the grind.

Back in the days we didn't get thing handed to us like you all do.

c'mon

It's about fun activities and not doing tedious, meaningless grinds. Killing several hundreds of the same enemy wasn't fun backthen, it isn't fun today.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why even grind any achievments?
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Why even grind any achievments?

Some of us are completionists...
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the PTS I saw more than one person with the new pet from the dailies. I gave up after getting 3 parts, having done quite a number of dailies but... they're so tedious (especially without wayshrines known all over tamriel) that I gave up testing them after a while. Some nice writing here and there, but the people who designed these fetch quests just dialed them in.

Also, that daily quest giver is the argonian Jar Jar Binks

Star_Wars_Celebration_II_-_me_with_an_unemployed_Jar_Jar_%284878852516%29.jpg

I've done a hell of a lot more of the Wrothgar (fetch, not WB) and Clockwork City dailies than that but mostly because I just park a couple characters there to quickly farm them. It's certainly not something I'd think the average player would be interested in. The pet is kinda cool looking.

Also, the "Cyrodiilic" boxes take place in Shadowfen for a DLC in Murkmire. The only thing Cyrodiilic about them is one of the two NPCs in the quest is Imperial. You know what you get from those boxes? A startling amount of Swamp Raider, well known since the last patch when it got a buff as a set that even stamina DKs do not want.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is multiple quests you can do per day, i had only time to complete 3 of them, but there were more dailies available after that.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    On the PTS I saw more than one person with the new pet from the dailies.

That pet drops from template boxes.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Reminds me of a fable about a Rabbi and a goat...
    Playing since beta...
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised it's not 1/10/30 like all other "do dailies" achievement. Maybe an error?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually this seems fine as its something to work toward. how many dailys are offered per day? I miss the daily grinds per wow esp if they drop pets and since this daily drops a pet I don't mind. Having that achievement would essentially be like master angler
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 31, 2018 5:12PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you need another title, seriously?

If I get many more, I'm going to need a housing container to hold them all.

I think they're trying to gravitate away from finished-in-a-day type achievements for everything. Get them when you get them...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surprised it's not 1/10/30 like all other "do dailies" achievement. Maybe an error?

I wish it could be an error :cry:

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also from what I've tried, these quests are also definitely not for a new players who hasn't discovered the maps yet.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%