Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Midyear Mayhem Begins & Return to Orsinium Soon"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Midyear Mayhem Begins & Return to Orsinium Soon. The Midyear Mayhem PvP event has begun, and we're also happy to announce that the Orsinium Celebration event is coming very soon. Read the article linked above for all the details!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    LOL que at 252, 10 days into EU Vivec campaign guess that me done for this month :(
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are there PVE events during the Only non DLC pvp event?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect time to make a play for a lightning or fire maelstrom stave.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not even Orsinium’s anniversary... So what’s that about?
  • CoachPower
    CoachPower
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Why are there PVE events during the Only non DLC pvp event?
    This!
    DC-EU-PC

Coach-Power - Magicka Sorcerer with mediocre DPS - PvP/PvE
    Eternal-Envy - Magicka Templar - DD
    -Sookie Northman - Magicka Nightblade - DD
    Eva the Whipmistress - Magicka Dragonknight - DD
    Having-A-Bad-Time - Magicka Templar - Healer
    Lady Mormont - Stamina Dragonknight - Tank
    Resolute

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_Blash wrote: »
    It’s not even Orsinium’s anniversary... So what’s that about?

Yeah, it's 3 months earlier than last year. But, at the very least, it gives me something to do while I wait for the long Cyrodil queues next weekend.
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    No double xp for the Wrothgar event?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skorol007 wrote: »
    No double xp for the Wrothgar event?

I'm pretty sure its always been double drops, not double exp.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe they forgot about imperial city anniversary event xD this is sad.

Except if they make it earlier because MURKMIRE launch would prevent it ? In this case this is a great idea.
    Edited by Apherius on July 26, 2018 5:53PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Except if they make it earlier because MURKMIRE launch would prevent it ? In this case this is a great idea.

They ruined the two pvp events of the year for Pve stuff. No wonder we feel ignored. It’s justified
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So what about imperial City Event?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They ruined the two pvp events of the year for Pve stuff. No wonder we feel ignored. It’s justified

We will get it in september like last year.
  • DarkHero1989
    DarkHero1989
    ✭✭✭
    why orsinium and not imperial city first? that doesn't make sense
    Edited by DarkHero1989 on July 26, 2018 5:58PM
    @Skooma_Lord1989

-Lord Ra'Jhirr,
    Lord of Anequina.Grand Overlord to the Ebonheart Pact, and loyal servant of Alkosh
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We will get it in september like last year.

With another Pve event to overlap it at this rate.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that's one way to get PVEers out of the Cyrodiil queues...send them to fight over double node drops in Orsinium.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this suppose to be the Imperial City anniversary and not Orsinium?

You ok ZOS? You guys feeling well?
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • jaws343
      jaws343
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I guess that's one way to get PVEers out of the Cyrodiil queues...send them to fight over double node drops in Orsinium.

Or do both. I figure Vivec queues will be three hours long next weekend when the Orsinium event starts. Plenty of time to get a Maelstrom completion or farm nodes while waiting.
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kastav was an emperor, but who or what is D'Albei???
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works
    • James-Wayne
      James-Wayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Imperial city event is Midyear Mayhem they just rolled it up into one PvP event.
      PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
      James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
      529 people have also earned this badge.
    • zTrok
      zTrok
      ✭✭✭
      I'm assuming that they just moved the Orsinium event to August because it would overlap with the Murkmire release in the fourth quarter. Don't brandish your pitchforks yet at least.
    • Koolio
      Koolio
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Imperial city event is Midyear Mayhem they just rolled it up into one PvP event.

So double tel var?
    • wolfie1.0.
      wolfie1.0.
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Midyear Mayhem Begins & Return to Orsinium Soon. The Midyear Mayhem PvP event has begun, and we're also happy to announce that the Orsinium Celebration event is coming very soon. Read the article linked above for all the details!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Next year can you please not run 2 competing events at the same time please? i can't PVP and farm Orsinium at the same time.....
    • code65536
      code65536
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why's this year's event 3 months early?
      Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
      Personal best scores:
      Dungeon trifectas:
      Media: YouTubeTwitch
    • GOATGOBAAHH
      GOATGOBAAHH
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

I want to provide a bit of insight to my Midyear mayhem event experience.

Event opens: Queue for Vivec 500+ Shor 400+
      Friday night 6pm (right after work): queue is at Vivec 550 shor is at 350
      Saturday Morning: 6:00am Vivec queue 350 shor cue 250
      Saturday night: 9:00pm vivec queue 500+ shor is 350+
      Sunday Morning: 7:45am I'll finally get to start playing because the queue is a reasonable 23 position wait.

My question is how can I enjoy the midyear mayhem event if I can't log into the PVP servers? My guild only plays on one of these two servers. In addition, why do I have to wait 2+ hours to get some pvp action of my favorite game? Every time I've seen the cue like this I've simpled closed the game and decided to play something else altogether.
    • Lorem123
      Lorem123
      ✭✭✭
      code65536 wrote: »
      Why's this year's event 3 months early?
      Probably because in that timeframe there will already be Witches Festival, Clockwork City anniversary (yes there's going to be one), and Murkmire release.

Not very different from how the combined TG and DB events into one to space them out from Summerset release.
      Edited by Lorem123 on July 29, 2018 11:51AM
    • Maura_Neysa
      Maura_Neysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Omg the servers are such complete a$$ why did you actually start the event. BG deserter penalty Ever second match... load screens every 10 minutes in the open field..,. Break frees that take 5 casts..... LoS skill landing even though I well out of line of sight.

Such an epic disappointment compared to last year.
      Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
      Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
      Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
      Major
      Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
      Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
      Warden 2x Bow DPS
      Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
      Others
      PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Maura_Neysa
      Maura_Neysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Sunday Morning: 7:45am I'll finally get to start playing because the queue is a reasonable 23 position wait.

My question is how can I enjoy the midyear mayhem event if I can't log into the PVP servers? My guild only plays on one of these two servers. In addition, why do I have to wait 2+ hours to get some pvp action of my favorite game? Every time I've seen the cue like this I've simpled closed the game and decided to play something else altogether.

Just be glad there’s still anyone PvP on PC, on Xbox the worst que I’ve had is 23 for Venice and Vevic is the only one even getting pop locked.

Of course it’s barely worth trying with the sad stat of lagging and invisible/ghost skills that just never happen
      Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
      Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
      Major
      Warden 2x Bow DPS
      Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
      Others
      PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• CatchMeTrolling
      CatchMeTrolling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Just be glad there’s still anyone PvP on PC, on Xbox the worst que I’ve had is 23 for Venice and Vevic is the only one even getting pop locked.

Of course it’s barely worth trying with the sad stat of lagging and invisible/ghost skills that just never happen

Must be eu
    • Maura_Neysa
      Maura_Neysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Must be eu

XBox NA. And considering Fengrush streams, its definitely PC also. Can't count the number of ghost DBoS and Forward Momentum that dont unroot me. DC at least twice a day, 2 to 3 load screens when traveling between Keeps, 2 GCD between each of my 3 back bar buffs.
      Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
      Major
      Warden 2x Bow DPS
      Others

• Skullstachio
      Skullstachio
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My Orc dragonknight “bones the ronin” cannot wait to return to orsinium, he does travel a lot you know.

#Roleplay
      "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall