The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game crashes

• VirusOfBeauty
    VirusOfBeauty
    ✭✭✭
    I'm being kicked to the login screen regularly as well :(
    Mother Hen of Chilled Explorers Dailies (PC EU Guild)
  • Manchas87
    Manchas87
    Excuse me everyone.
    All of you tried to solve this issue?
    Did anyone delete the ShaderCache.cooked file?
    Anyone repaired the client? (from Launcher, of course)

Did you guys read this? And what about this?
    (be careful, it is information, and lot of it is useful today, but there are some things that are old right now. Read carefully)

Come on guys. You CAN solve this! :)
    You don't need to wait, you just need to read, and read, and test, and read again.
    Why you have to do this, if you already pay for this game? Well, I will not answer that, because I'm not who must do it.

- 100% recommended addon
    - Your CPU is already Unparked?
    - Did you already disable the Fullscreen Optimizations for eso64.exe? Is it executing in administrator mode too?

What I do can tell you, is that I am playing on a i5 7200U | 3.0GHZ | Quad core | notebook,
    with integrated graphics (128Vram), and 8GB Ram DDR4.
    If I am playing with middle graphics (+ some tweaks on UserSettings.txt, like 0 shadows) on this notebook,
    well, I think all of you really can too XDD
    Did I mention that I am playing in Argentina, with 220ms as my normal ping?

I don't even have 1 disconnect. Game is working beautiful, as always did for me.

I wish all my words can be useful for you!!
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    Manchas87 wrote: »
    Excuse me everyone.

(be careful, it is information, and lot of it is useful today, but there are some things that are old right now. Read carefully)

You don't need to wait, you just need to read, and read, and test, and read again.
    Why you have to do this, if you already pay for this game? Well, I will not answer that, because I'm not who must do it.

- 100% recommended addon
    - Did you already disable the Fullscreen Optimizations for eso64.exe? Is it executing in administrator mode too?

What I do can tell you, is that I am playing on a i5 7200U | 3.0GHZ | Quad core | notebook,
    If I am playing with middle graphics (+ some tweaks on UserSettings.txt, like 0 shadows) on this notebook,

I don't even have 1 disconnect. Game is working beautiful, as always did for me.

Yes many of us have tried this stuff. We have tried everything that support told us to do including reinstalling the game fresh to port fowarding. This is on their end. They just need to figure out what they did with summerset that broke things.
  • Manchas87
    Manchas87
    Don't disillusionize guys.
    Keep trying, try to do it, come on.
    There should be a way to, at least, fix it temporarily.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    me2
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    Don't disillusionize guys.
    Keep trying, try to do it, come on.
    There should be a way to, at least, fix it temporarily.

Dude. We have tried that's why it is frustrating. There is nothing we can do. We have to wait until they fix it.
  • Manchas87
    Manchas87
    I don't think ALL the people that is being affected by all of this, already did all that stuff.
    I don't believe that EVERYONE with this problem did ALL he could.

I hope it is fixed really soon guys.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is this in another thread
    Hey all,

We are tracking and working on a few issues that could result in performance issues such as long load screens, disconnects/crashes, or poor frame rate. In next week's incremental patches for all platforms, we do have some fixes and improvements that should help.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • FluttershySux
    I wasn't having this issue until late last night, now I can't even play 5 minutes without being kicked to login :/
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Shiftie1

Please go to the help article below and follow the troubleshooting steps.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

You can start a ticket with customer support for further assistance if the troubleshooting steps do not help.

@ZOS_BillE
    What should we do when ESO crashes without any error messages?

Would love to start a ticket if you think it'll help. But troubleshooting this from a client-side perspective has no use whatsoever as the crashes happen randomly, are not reproducible from our end (I have not been able to pinpoint a specific user action that triggers a crash), and don't prevent us from re-entering the game after restarting everything.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @lnsane

The same troubleshooting steps you've linked to would apply for random crashes whether ESO is giving the error "ESO has stopped working" or no error message at all.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, next week's incremental patch has fixes for some of the disconnect and crashing problems players are experiencing. You should still submit a support ticket as not all random crashes happen for the same reason.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lnsane

The same troubleshooting steps you've linked to would apply for random crashes whether ESO is giving the error "ESO has stopped working" or no error message at all.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, next week's incremental patch has fixes for some of the disconnect and crashing problems players are experiencing. You should still submit a support ticket as not all random crashes happen for the same reason.

So you're saying that the Microsoft representatives i talked to lied to me when they said that the crashes I am experiencing in ESO (screen freezes, makes stuttering/buzzing sound, then I'm back and the Xbox dashboard with no error message) are caused by errors in the code attempting to be read by my Xbox? Every single time crashes are promised to be fixed they never are. I have crashed consistently every day I have played this game for over a year and a half.

If I submitted a ticket every-time I crashed I'd be submitting multiple tickets a day and flooding your system. These crashes are because of the spaghetti code. Tell your bosses.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    I looked at the new patch notes and I don't see anything that would fix these issues. Have they fixed these issues yet?
  • Mihari
    Mihari
    ✭✭✭

The patch today did not bring any improvement. On the contrary, the disconnects are even worse today.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    I posted similarly in the bug section. But I played today and didn't have the long load times bouncing from wayshrine to wayshrine. Also there were no more crashes so far. Has anyone else had possible positive results from the new patches? I'll write back if any of the problems comeback.
  • Beaveri
    Beaveri
    ✭✭✭
    Beaveri wrote: »
    I am experiencing the same after summerset. I have as well followed all the possible instructions (no addons, re-installing drivers, DirectX...).

Usually game crashes randomly in cyrodiil. Elsewhere I am facing infinite loading screen. First it takes ages to load the character with some infinite loading screens forcing to "kill" the game. Finally after loading the character, I actually get to play the game like BG and it ends up to following infinite image: nsxzfu9okqgc.png

Latest patch did not fix this issue for me. In addition I have crashes in other areas as well even if I have reinstalled the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno please continue to investigate this issue.
    Edited by Beaveri on June 22, 2018 6:36AM
    PC EU - PVP

Queen Visenya | Magicka DK
    Queen Valkyrie | Stamina DK
    Queen Nymeria | Magicka Sorcerer
    Queen Astrape | Stamina Sorcerer
    Queen Umbra | Magicka/Stamina Nightblade
    Queen Skadi | Magicka Warden
    Queen Greenseer | Stamina Warden
    Queen Marzanna | Magicka Necromancer
    Queen Kalma | Stamina Necromancer
    Queen Durga | Magicka Templar
    Queen Melisandre | Stamina Templar
    Queen Rhaenys | Stamina Templar
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    Well unfortunately ESO is still crashing randomly for me. I guess yesterday was just a fluke.
  • woosinator2008
    Yes, this issue is still happening. So far for me, it hasn't been while doing anything really important but it is annoying every hour or so I get a crash when I wasn't having but maybe one every few weeks before summerset.
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    The patch which was supposed to fix getting kicked to login screen with no error message did work for me, until now. The issue is back for no reason and it's back to getting kicked every 30-40 mins
  • Sarm
    Sarm
    Soul Shriven
    Settings for Ryzen 7 1700:

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "16"
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "8"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "1"

Gameplay is smooth as silk and I have 30% more FPS than in native settings :)
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got kicked over 10 times within 30 minutes in Eastmarch today, very frustrating.
    Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    It's been a few weeks. Has there been any progress to fix these issues?
  • andrewrfielderb16_ESO
    I've had about 10 drop off's today .. any more news on this issue?

Ping appears fine, the client just stops responding and then I know the crash back to login is coming. No error's just kicked from the server. I've only been fishing for the last few.. i'm not exactly taxing anything.

This has definitely got worse in the last fortnight.

For Info.. EU/PC
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fine after starting a new admin account on my pc and playing that way, but after the last patch it's crash city again.

At least I'm not getting BSODs from eso crashing anymore.

My crashes happen when getting to the character select screen only.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • VirusOfBeauty
    VirusOfBeauty
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping it was fixed after the last patch notes but no go :( I am still getting kicked to the login screen when I'm interacting with psijic portals for the quest or try to do my survey maps.

So the problem where they told me there was a bug with message rate limit where some actions would start to count as "spam" and kick you to login screen, is not solved yet
    Mother Hen of Chilled Explorers Dailies (PC EU Guild)
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    The patch slightly improved the pathping results (a few more hops before packet loss occurs) but it didn't do anything to fix getting kicked to login screen every half an hour with no error message
  • mooslacker
    mooslacker
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed. Same crashes, actually more often than before.. Please stop telling us it's our issue when the root cause is on your end. Server side performance has been gradually getting worse and worse after Summerset, even though higher end PCs run the game a bit better now.
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Rexy18 wrote: »
    The patch slightly improved the pathping results (a few more hops before packet loss occurs) but it didn't do anything to fix getting kicked to login screen every half an hour with no error message

If you are getting packet loss, it sounds like a network issue. Could you post the output, and/or run PingPlotter, so we can see if it is a probably cause or not? If it can be solved with a single call to your ISP, great. If not, it costs you like three minutes of your time, nothing more...
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Yes many of us have tried this stuff. We have tried everything that support told us to do including reinstalling the game fresh to port fowarding. This is on their end. They just need to figure out what they did with summerset that broke things.

Just for the record, the error message in question is about as accurate as the "check engine" light in a car: it means that, for sure, something isn't quite right. It also tells you absolutely nothing about what, exactly, the problem is.

So, just like there are a huge pile of possible errors causing the "check engine" light, there are a huge pile of possible errors underneath these issues folks here face.

Which means that what fixes it for one person may be completely irrelevant to the next one.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me everyone.

- 100% recommended addon

Yeah no, none of these "fixes" worked for me. In the first place, it's not my job to troubleshoot & fix whatever is wrong with this game. I can play VR fine, I can play other games on ultra settings without performance issues, and other mmos like BDO run on 120 fps with the highest graphics settings in crowded areas. In contrast, when playing ESO with guildies I'm so used to people on discord or teamspeak saying they got DC'ed / game crashed again / got a loadscreen as well. So, you're a lucky person then if you have never had even 1 disconnect in pve or pvp.