Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you honestly still care about campaign score- does it even matter?

Joshlenoir
Joshlenoir
✭✭✭✭
It seems as though the Dynamics of cyrodill have been the same since launch. There's just nothing fun about winning a campaign that's dominated by whoever can put the most players on the map 24/7 and take empty/barely defended keeps.
Plus, AP is what gets you amazing gold rewards and rewards for the worthy, so you can virtually take 0 keeps and as long as you make plenty of AP with kills and farming you can get much better rewards than people who choose to PvP against keep walls all day.
Please explain why you chose yes or no.
Edited by Joshlenoir on July 12, 2018 4:29PM

Do you honestly still care about campaign score- does it even matter? 400 votes

Yes
31%
Red_NinedriosketchkadarZhoyzuGlassHalfFullgameswithaspoonRDMyers65b14_ESOElsterchenHrogunBam_BamValen_Byteheng14rwb17_ESOPotenzajcasini222ub17_ESOYukon2112EIGHTSNicko_LpsSheezabeastsintekkub17_ESOLoralai_907 124 votes
No
69%
FENGRUSHSirAndyGlorySaladinBherdanirfennell_ESOSolarikenjosh.lackey_ESOXenipharkansas_ESODeadlyRecluseMojmirDaveMoeDeeKadoozyAnimus-ESOLightspeedflashb14_ESODarcyMardinsquidprojectb14_ESOxan4silkb14_ESOXsorus 276 votes
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    1.) Populations are not controlled. Whoever zergs harder and more often wins. Inspired design.

2.) Playing the map does not promote or reward skillful play.

3.) There is very little incentive to playing the map or winning a campaign.

Of course it doesn’t matter. It always amuses me how seriously some zone chat generals take the alliance war, especially when it’s on the current ebonheart pact who has maintained a several thousand point lead for months. Demonstrating why campaigns don’t matter.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Jayelf
    Jayelf
    ✭✭
    Ap is still ap no matter wat color. its still green ap.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've been PvPing since the game was released. For a long while I cared a lot about campaign scoring, faction loyalty and the ever important "Alliance War".
    But almost every long lasting PvPer realizes at one point or another that the score doesn't truly matter other than very few rewards and that the players on every faction are generally the same. The only difference that determines who wins is which faction can keep the map overpopulated during more hours of the day.

At this point after too many years, I don't care one bit about faction scoring and honestly not even AP. The only thing that matters to me and keeps me in the game is skillful outnumbered PvP, which is has no ingame rewards and isn't considered important to the score, but is the only way to feel you need to be good individually to win and not just zerg marked locations.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Zeytio
    Zeytio
    ✭✭✭
    No
    but if you have more score you're obviously better players ;)
    [PC/NA] - Zeytio

just some magicka nightblade on pc/na

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/zeytio
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/zeytio
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't really care who wins that much, but I chose a team based game with objectives for a reason. I find combat outside of the context of objectives to be boring. I've never enjoyed deathmatch only games.

So while I'm not that invested in the campaign score because scoring is so broken in many ways, I'll always care about the map. If I didn't, I'd move on to a better game. AvA is what makes ESO PVP interesting.
    Edited by zyk on July 12, 2018 4:58PM
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Difference in winning the campaign is the amount of gold, not anything worth winning for such as Master Weapons or even some exclusive PvP only weapons similar to those of maestrom etc.

But yeah, no incentive to stay on one faction so I switch between them frequently.
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    All I really need is 25k AP per toon.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I enjoy being on the winning team every month.
    PC EU
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The last campaign I cared for was Thornblade 2016.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'd care if masters weapons were added back or unique rewards
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The only incentive I can think of to get anybody to care is vastly improved campaign rewards in an all-or-nothing scenario, where only the winning faction gets those rewards. Of course this brings up the problem with faction swapping and changing sides mid-campaign, but it'd hit massive ball groups hard in that all the AP they're farming in one spot won't mean anything if they don't defend multiple objectives at once from the multiple smaller groups.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No last campaign i cared about wabbajack 2014
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The rewards for 30 days of work are weak, and ZOS hasn't figured out how to provide a level playing field (balanced populations)
    PS4NA
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah don't give a ***. They should add pve rewards like vdsa/vma/asylum weps to the winning faction's top 2% then maybe I'd care.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why would I? Apart from helping to take/defend a friend's emp I have zero incentive to care about the state of the map or it's scoring. Most of the people that are hardcore faction loyalists are incredibly cringe in zone chat or on the forums as well.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    To anyone who does care about the score and remembers past campaigns on PC/NA Vivec, I'd be delighted if you could help me fill in the blanks here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/423940/a-year-of-pc-na-vivec-victories-need-help-filling-in-the-blanks

I know I found that the scoreboard changed more than I had remembered, which was kinda cool.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Its really disheartening to see how few people actual care about the score and their alliance winning
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It isn't necessarily about the score, but making sure your faction still has a competitive chance at winning is what keeps it (and the campaign) active.

Besides, the tower farms/Nikel or Bleakers corridor fights get old.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 13, 2018 3:49AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes in that I get sick of the same side always winning...

no because I have characters on all three sides - so, I'm always first, second and third...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I hate the way its done though. Home keeps should have some serious NPC defenisves. Right now the meta is to avoid fighting people at all and just gank keeps. ZoS needs to adjust things to force front line fights. You should need to plus keeps in order.

Like you should need Brindle and Ash or Dragonclaw and Aleswell to push Glademist. Dragonand Chalman or BRK and Drakelow to push Arrius. Drakelowe and BRK or Brindle and Roebeck to push Faregyl. I dont mean that those home keeps should be unbreakable, I mean they should be seriously harder to take. Like every Guard is a WB level mob harder. 4 WB level melee with 2 WB lvl range guards on a keep door wouldn't be all the hard for a group of 10+. It should be impossible to solo though
    Leave the Imperial keeps the same and make those home keeps work on the same buff type system that resources do. So that only having 1 of the keeps makes it easier.

The point should be that the best way to gain AP should be via actual PvP not gorilla style PvE avoiding actual players as much as possible.

If you dont care about campaign scoring, BGs is just better all around then. Don't waste half your time looking for a fight.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same old story. The folks in first place, claim to be playing the campaign. The folks in last place, claim to be just looking for small group fights and don't care about the old campaign system.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The reason I say no is that every individual player is not online most of the time. Yes, objectives are important when I am on. But why should I care what alliances rack up points during times when I can't play?
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Spoon finds that people who say they have no ambition in Cyrodiil are like those friends you take out for some nice ice cream, and you say now what flavor do you want, and they say "I don't care."

Everyone likes ice cream. Don't lie.

Granted scoring evaluations over the entirety of a campaign don't really reflect the strength of a given faction. And people can twist winning or not winning into "proving" things about their rival factions that are just pure conjecture.

But there's no nuance in a poll like this. And the very people who object to a faction taking it's home keeps back, or getting it's scrolls back, or pushing for the de-emp of a rival.... are the very first people to log out in the face of a gate camp because "they'd have to ride to far to get a good fight." (How dare you siege a keep, you should only be out here fighting.....We have no keeps? Going to Vivec, bye.) Seriously, these things get said by the same people.

So Yes, you can shrug when one side takes the #1 and runs away with it, and still get excited when you log on and there's a de-emp on the menu. And people want you to say No, as a prelude to agreeing not to show up when they want to 1vX Front Door Guards. After a ram accidentally fell out of someone's pocket.

URMERGUD!! AD showed up to defend Brindle!! So uncool that …. they … care... about... campaign!!
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Most people have just plain given up on the score.
    There is no point in competing when (AD Vivec EU) just trash the map every Morning.

A large part of what made Cyrodiil great has been ripped from the game by selfish PVDoor scrubs.
    Anyone who has played the game for a decent amount of time will remember that winning the campaign actually used to mean something - back before faction hopping and PVDoor was rife.

Since One-Tamriel it has just been a shi**y free-for-all where cheating, faction hopping and zerging the map at off-peak determines the winning faction.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sort of, kind of, not really. Meh PC-NA-V.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. I just run with a guild and grind AP/stones. Eventually I'll find 2 more guilds on the other factions and grind for stones as well.
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    No
    zyk wrote: »
    I don't really care who wins that much, but I chose a team based game with objectives for a reason. I find combat outside of the context of objectives to be boring. I've never enjoyed deathmatch only games.

So while I'm not that invested in the campaign score because scoring is so broken in many ways, I'll always care about the map. If I didn't, I'd move on to a better game. AvA is what makes ESO PVP interesting.

This is pretty much my thoughts as well (despite voting differently). I don't really care about end of campaign scores, but I generally try to at least help out with my faction's presence on the map until we can push out to at least the two home emp keeps.

The main reason is that a stagnant map tends to push mobs towards a few set points of combat. That leads to a zergs, lag, and DCs. Combat isn't even that fun in those fights. I find open world to be a lot more fun when the map is more dynamic.
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    odd111out wrote: »
    Spoon finds that people who say they have no ambition in Cyrodiil are like those friends you take out for some nice ice cream, and you say now what flavor do you want, and they say "I don't care."

Everyone likes ice cream. Don't lie.

Granted scoring evaluations over the entirety of a campaign don't really reflect the strength of a given faction. And people can twist winning or not winning into "proving" things about their rival factions that are just pure conjecture.

But there's no nuance in a poll like this. And the very people who object to a faction taking it's home keeps back, or getting it's scrolls back, or pushing for the de-emp of a rival.... are the very first people to log out in the face of a gate camp because "they'd have to ride to far to get a good fight." (How dare you siege a keep, you should only be out here fighting.....We have no keeps? Going to Vivec, bye.) Seriously, these things get said by the same people.

So Yes, you can shrug when one side takes the #1 and runs away with it, and still get excited when you log on and there's a de-emp on the menu. And people want you to say No, as a prelude to agreeing not to show up when they want to 1vX Front Door Guards. After a ram accidentally fell out of someone's pocket.

URMERGUD!! AD showed up to defend Brindle!! So uncool that …. they … care... about... campaign!!

You're conflating looking for fun fights and making AP with campaign score. I will go to keeps for fun fights and to kill people but that's it. I could care less if my faction is in last place, neither will I run zergs to grab as many keeps as I can to fix that.
    I care about cyrodill PvP, I don't care about the numbers on the scoreboard, because they are objectively meaningless. They only mean something to casual players who need something to work towards that's not demanding and doesn't require them to spend hours learning the ins and outs of their classes.
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes I think the scoring is important. It gives the game meaning. Playing only for AP is pretty boring and its a "just give me the money" mentality. Playing deathmatch in BG's is a better way to go if its only AP your interested in. To me its about being a part of something bigger than myself instead of just being self-serving. If you want just an open sandbox with no objectives, no points to earn and just want to fight small scale pvp, then Cyrodiil is not for you. I mean just remove all the keeps then and have everyone roam the country looking for fights that mean nothing but your own pride.

Edited by Potenza on July 13, 2018 5:42PM
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The draw of Cyrodiil for me is the ability to fight outnumbered and come out victorious. Overcoming those odds is much more gratifying than winning the campaign in my eyes.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24