Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Mag Sorc in PVP is riduclous atm

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This class is ridiculously easy to play and do damage especially with the rune cage change. Its such a ridiculously OP hard CC in PVP that also does damage when it ends.
Wtf happened to "we cant hard CCs to not have much damage" Ive seen rune prisons with over 9k tooltip damage!

You used to be able to block the Dark Curse ability but of course not anymore.

They practically have unlimited sustain with Dark Deal.

The class as a whole atm has become a joke again and almost every other person is running this along with stamina warden in PVP but thats a different topic.

NERF (yes NERF) that idioticly designed rune prison skill and have a look at the way overperforming Dark Curse.

I hate to make this thread but the next patch will be out in 2-3 months and I just hope something gets done about this mess.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs in general are easy to play at the moment, especially in battlegrounds. Stamsorcs have the easiest rotation ever. Cage, dawnbreaker, spin to win. Maybe a twin slashes thrown in for good measure.

I don't think sorc players realize how much of a benefit it is to have an execute that is delayed and you can pre-place on the enemy. 90% of the time, the reason I can't get a kill off is because between the time i put an enemy in execute range and when i use my execute, they heal out of execute range. Being a magsorc completely takes one of the more difficult things to react to in PvP completely out of the equation. When i play my magsorc, no one ever heals out of execute range. It's quite nice. I'm not calling for a nerf to this ability but rather for magsorcs to realize how good they have it in terms of an execute.
    Options
  • Bkella
    Bkella
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that Sloads has now made it to MagDKs, is worse. Straight cheese.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    This class is ridiculously easy to play and do damage especially with the rune cage change. Its such a ridiculously OP hard CC in PVP that also does damage when it ends.
    Wtf happened to "we cant hard CCs to not have much damage" Ive seen rune prisons with over 9k tooltip damage!

The class as a whole atm has become a joke again and almost every other person is running this along with stamina warden in PVP but thats a different topic.

NERF (yes NERF) that idioticly designed rune prison skill and have a look at the way overperforming Dark Curse.

I hate to make this thread but the next patch will be out in 2-3 months and I just hope something gets done about this mess.

I always laugh when I read these points. It is definitely not easy to play. For the most part, getting CC'd on a sorc is death. So positioning and stamina management is the hardest in the game on this class.

And Dark Deal is interruptible and a channel. Casting Dark Deal during combat is risking losing shields and being one shot by most abilities.

Kill enemy Sorcs still takes a long time to complete. Not because they are hard to kill but because no one is playing them. I see far more Stam Sorcs running around using streak than Mag Sorcs.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I always laugh when I read these points. It is definitely not easy to play. For the most part, getting CC'd on a sorc is death. So positioning and stamina management is the hardest in the game on this class.

And Dark Deal is interruptible and a channel. Casting Dark Deal during combat is risking losing shields and being one shot by most abilities.

Kill enemy Sorcs still takes a long time to complete. Not because they are hard to kill but because no one is playing them. I see far more Stam Sorcs running around using streak than Mag Sorcs.

Lol and I love reading these posts saying not many people playing them , you must be hiding under a rock
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol and I love reading these posts saying not many people playing them , you must be hiding under a rock

To be fair, depending on your platform and campaign, class population can differ. I must say that on Xbox NA sorc is an extremely popular class. I mainly play in Vivec and Battlegrounds.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry it's common knowledge that magSorcs are broken OP this patch. However, ZOS was informed that Rune Cage would be too strong in the PTS, and yet here we are.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

To be fair, depending on your platform and campaign, class population can differ. I must say that on Xbox NA sorc is an extremely popular class. I mainly play in Vivec and Battlegrounds.

Also Xbox NA, Sorcs are everywhere in BGs. But Vivec is pretty barren. It is usually just the same 5-10 sorcs causing most of the trouble. They seem like a lot because they are good and show up at most fights. But there are far more DKs and Nightblades than any other class, especially sorcs.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also Xbox NA, Sorcs are everywhere in BGs. But Vivec is pretty barren. It is usually just the same 5-10 sorcs causing most of the trouble. They seem like a lot because they are good and show up at most fights. But there are far more DKs and Nightblades than any other class, especially sorcs.

If you have been in Vivec alot this patch i will take your word for it. Have really only been sticking to BGs since the performance issues got worse.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 25, 2018 2:58PM
    Options
  • I_B_Squishy
    I_B_Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Tradition. Every single MMO ever someone cries about dying too much to X class and asks for a nerf. Sorcs are also ridiculously easy to kill.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tradition. Every single MMO ever someone cries about dying too much to X class and asks for a nerf. Sorcs are also ridiculously easy to kill.

I feel tankier on my magsorc than I do on my stamden in heavy armor. I have three shields as a sorc and bolt escape, an ability that allows me to not only relocate myself to any area i choose but also stun my enemy. I can kite for hours.
    Options
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    Lol
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I feel tankier on my magsorc than I do on my stamden in heavy armor. I have three shields as a sorc and bolt escape, an ability that allows me to not only relocate myself to any area i choose but also stun my enemy. I can kite for hours.

kiting <> tanky.

I feel much tankier on my stamden than on my magsorc - but also much less mobile (must get some major exped pots).
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

kiting <> tanky.

I feel much tankier on my stamden than on my magsorc - but also much less mobile (must get some major exped pots).
    I see your point. I guess when i think "tanky" i just think hard to kill even if it isn't the correct term.

What i should say to counter his point of sorcs being ridiculously easy to kill is that i find it ridiculously easy to stay alive on my mag sorc lol.
    Options
  • Eduard_Rodric
    Eduard_Rodric
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is not easy to play. need alot work to be good.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry - I meant to say Stamplar - don't actually have a stamden over level30 - lol.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is class that kills bad players really easily, hence alot of this section here on the forums crying. It is also a very good class in a ball group. Yes it steals kills in BGs as.

But to kill better players its not the easiest class to play. If you get focused, youre also dead af.
    Edited by grannas211 on June 25, 2018 4:39PM
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Sorc is class that kills bad players really easily, hence alot of this section here on the forums crying. It is also a very good class in a ball group. Yes it steals kills in BGs as.

But to kill better players its not the easiest class to play. If you get focused, youre also dead af.

This is so true. Sorc is GREAT at killing bad players easily. But a Sorc has a terrible time at dealing with good NBs, mag DKs, tanky Templars, and tanky Wardens.

Defensive rune is fine. The buff to Rune Cage made it overperform a bit. A minor tweak and everything will be fine.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are a full class finally.

No longer pigeonholed.

The issue you're experiencing is the whole level of play has gone up substantially.

NBs, Sorcs, Stam versions, healthden, Torug Oblivion shield breaker etc builds are all extremely dangerous and if you're not running an Uber build in PvP right now you're seriously gimped.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so true. Sorc is GREAT at killing bad players easily. But a Sorc has a terrible time at dealing with good NBs, mag DKs, tanky Templars, and tanky Wardens.

Defensive rune is fine. The buff to Rune Cage made it overperform a bit. A minor tweak and everything will be fine.

What I have found on my sorc is a lack of bar space. In order to effectively run rune cage I actually had to drop Frags. And Frags were useless for the most part anyways; half the time it would be dodged. So the buff to rune cage is really just making up for the uselessness of frags since the stun was removed, imo.
    Options
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How strong them shields in a 1vx tho
    Options
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don’t see how sorcs are so up there in people’s eyes, the only change that’s needed is an adjustment to tune cage because there’s zergs chasing and spamming it to kill xv1. Other than that I disagree about curse being nerfed or looked at.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^
    Options
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune Cage is too strong when you outnumber your opponents.

Shields are too weak when your opponents outnumber you.

This leads many new sorcs to become Xv1 zerglings, instead of challenging themselves with solo / small scale / outnumbered play.
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magplar main, i find nb more broken, sorc don’t have defile, i can purge b4 the curse and fury before meteor rune cage combo.
    Options
  • TheLoremaster
    TheLoremaster
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, magsorc is definitely overpowered
    a701JAk.png
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best case for a mag sorc against someone in heavy is just to stay alive, you won’t be killing anyone that can outright tank your combo
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Best case for a mag sorc against someone in heavy is just to stay alive, you won’t be killing anyone that can outright tank your combo

Maybe if you're running two sustain sets with infernal guardian and calling yourself a damage build... or using sloads and calling yourself a damage build...

Magsorc's running one damage 5 pc in their setup should be able to kill ANY player with a curse/fury/met/cage/forcepulse, with light attacks weaved in. That combo is instant death for any medium armor class, and more than likely death for any heavy armor stam class/heavy armor mag class with no wards. The only setups that will consistently survive that burst are multiple-ward stacking classes (primarily other magsorcs and mageblades).

Cage is overperforming and needs to be tuned down. Firstly it needs the cc fixed, so that it isn't so delayed and difficult to break. After it has been FIXED, the damage needs to be removed.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you goto vivec on ps4 na, there are more magicka sorcs than any other magicka class.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, another one of these threads, yes?

Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Maybe if you're running two sustain sets with infernal guardian and calling yourself a damage build... or using sloads and calling yourself a damage build...

Magsorc's running one damage 5 pc in their setup should be able to kill ANY player with a curse/fury/met/cage/forcepulse, with light attacks weaved in. That combo is instant death for any medium armor class, and more than likely death for any heavy armor stam class/heavy armor mag class with no wards. The only setups that will consistently survive that burst are multiple-ward stacking classes (primarily other magsorcs and mageblades).

Cage is overperforming and needs to be tuned down. Firstly it needs the cc fixed, so that it isn't so delayed and difficult to break. After it has been FIXED, the damage needs to be removed.

Lexxy's point was that if a sorc can't oneshot you with the full burst combo, you won't die ever. Lacking pressure and debuffs. That point is valid.

Every sorc has to run one sustain set, you cannot go without. There is currently no sustain set that provides enough magicka AND STAMINA to allow for the second set to be pure for damage, without sacrifices:

Lich needs stamina regen glyphs or tristat food
    Shackle needs magicka regen or cost glyph
    Amber needs nothing, but lacks stag boni

This means that the oh so powerful Necro/Shadowrend/Willpower combo with 50k mag will actually only outdamage the Shackle/Lich combo by a couple percent. It's like, 4% for me.

Your argument is therefore false. If Shackle/Lich can't oneshot an enemy, no other functioning build will.
    Options