Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag Sorc in PVP is riduclous atm

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Best case for a mag sorc against someone in heavy is just to stay alive, you won’t be killing anyone that can outright tank your combo

Maybe if you're running two sustain sets with infernal guardian and calling yourself a damage build... or using sloads and calling yourself a damage build...

Magsorc's running one damage 5 pc in their setup should be able to kill ANY player with a curse/fury/met/cage/forcepulse, with light attacks weaved in. That combo is instant death for any medium armor class, and more than likely death for any heavy armor stam class/heavy armor mag class with no wards. The only setups that will consistently survive that burst are multiple-ward stacking classes (primarily other magsorcs and mageblades).

Cage is overperforming and needs to be tuned down. Firstly it needs the cc fixed, so that it isn't so delayed and difficult to break. After it has been FIXED, the damage needs to be removed.

Lexxy's point was that if a sorc can't oneshot you with the full burst combo, you won't die ever. Lacking pressure and debuffs. That point is valid.

Every sorc has to run one sustain set, you cannot go without. There is currently no sustain set that provides enough magicka AND STAMINA to allow for the second set to be pure for damage, without sacrifices:

Lich needs stamina regen glyphs or tristat food
    Shackle needs magicka regen or cost glyph
    Amber needs nothing, but lacks stag boni

This means that the oh so powerful Necro/Shadowrend/Willpower combo with 50k mag will actually only outdamage the Shackle/Lich combo by a couple percent. It's like, 4% for me.

Your argument is therefore false. If Shackle/Lich can't oneshot an enemy, no other functioning build will.

This is true. And I cannot just Nuke any tanky person. If they have more than 22kish health and are not a stamBlade in pure Regen/DPS no armor sets they are not getting one shotted. If they don't die to that, then it is a matter of trying to make them feel safe and like they are in control and hope they don't heal from the little damage I'm doing before I SPRING THE TRAP and hope that one shots them lol. And half the time it works a third they just kill me and the rest we reset.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc rune cage though it should be changed to a dot. A 5 second dot, but they probably don't wanna do this because then it could become a pve ability and only one could use it and blah blah so then cut the damage by a third. But honestly it has finally given Sorc a way to deal with perma blockers and dodgers.

Like for instance I was in a BG on that stupid capture the relic mode. The other team we capped their relic and they were tied at 400 with us. When I got to their spawn to stop them from capping. The guy has the orange relic standing on his relic holding block for it to come. Before rune cage oh well nothing I can do, this time I had a chance I meteor comboed as they saw the metoer they casted vigor and didn't die because they had high health. But I got them low and had a chance for the first time.

StamBlades still mess us up once a stamBlade doesn't reveal themselves too early and they wait a few seconds they can burst a Sorc dead in 2 seconds. If the Sorc knows it's coming and they keep spamming shields well they have a decent chance of survival. Especially if we manage stam. But before cage that stamBlade could would dodge our reach and frag just dodge cloak and come back at us only ever eating a curse. Now they gonna take some blows and they cannot build for pure burst one shot Snipes, the rollerBlades though are fine depending on set choice, and if they close meteor block it vigor.

MagSorc is strong this patch no doubt but I just see a lot of really bad Sorcs thinking it's BROKEN OP CAUSE FORUMS, getting pummled into the ground because oh wait it's not that easy lol. And the same good sorcs doing good work on PC.

I do think they can tone the damage of cage down or make it a dot. I used it before the damage was guaranteed because I hated reach.

Finally magSorc is potato farmer would keep that in mind.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best case for a mag sorc against someone in heavy is just to stay alive, you won’t be killing anyone that can outright tank your combo

Maybe if you're running two sustain sets with infernal guardian and calling yourself a damage build... or using sloads and calling yourself a damage build...

Magsorc's running one damage 5 pc in their setup should be able to kill ANY player with a curse/fury/met/cage/forcepulse, with light attacks weaved in. That combo is instant death for any medium armor class, and more than likely death for any heavy armor stam class/heavy armor mag class with no wards. The only setups that will consistently survive that burst are multiple-ward stacking classes (primarily other magsorcs and mageblades).

Cage is overperforming and needs to be tuned down. Firstly it needs the cc fixed, so that it isn't so delayed and difficult to break. After it has been FIXED, the damage needs to be removed.

Lexxy's point was that if a sorc can't oneshot you with the full burst combo, you won't die ever. Lacking pressure and debuffs. That point is valid.

Every sorc has to run one sustain set, you cannot go without. There is currently no sustain set that provides enough magicka AND STAMINA to allow for the second set to be pure for damage, without sacrifices:

This means that the oh so powerful Necro/Shadowrend/Willpower combo with 50k mag will actually only outdamage the Shackle/Lich combo by a couple percent. It's like, 4% for me.

Your argument is therefore false. If Shackle/Lich can't oneshot an enemy, no other functioning build will.

I'm actually laughing at "if shackle lich can't one shot, no functioning build will". Tell me, what other class has the luxury of saying "if I can't run two sustain sets what's the point?"

If you run two sustain sets on any class, you're approaching the game with the wrong mentality.

Like I said, one DAMAGE oriented 5pc (spinners seems to be the set of choice for the good magsorcs I play with) turns the combo into a oneshot, primarily because of how rune cage functions. The cc is severely delayed, causing the break free (and thus the cage damage) to line up perfectley with the rest of the aforementioned combo. It is too punishing of a combo with the new rune cage to have 0 counterplay against. Your only options are to pop an immovable WHEN YOU SEE THE METEOR CIRCLE, BEFORE GETTING CAGED. That's a 1/1.5 second window to react to a one shot mechanic by using a consumable with a 45s cooldown.

Now here's the other thing I find funny. When you're outnumbered by a sorc running a pure sustain build like the one you mentioned and they actually know how to keep their wards up, you don't have a prayer. That one shot cage burst no longer requires an ult if there's another person putting down a little pressure on you. At the same time ACCORDING TO YOU, running a full sustain build means that you can't kill MANY targets on your own. So why defend a cc that is so obviously broken and grows exponentially in power in a xv1 scenario?
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's not true anymore, magsorc has decent pressure now as well.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • BeefyMrTips
    BeefyMrTips
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs get murdered by that flame whip with CC, nightblades also can do a quick one two punch and kill a sorc fairly easily as well.

However, sorcs will have the advantage when it comes to less skilled players who don't know how to react when confronted with our burst. Most freak out and die rather quickly. If you want to beat a sorc and you are not a dk or a sorc, roll dodge once to come in close and get out of our burst and then just hit us lol, if we are bursting our shield will come down, if you hit us successfully, we go into defensive mode where we will not burst and it becomes a fight of sustainability.

I don't complain about the flame whip because I believe its my fault for not prepping for it the 6th time it happens to me in battlegrounds. lol
    Mr. was my Father's name, just the tips is fine.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can run necro/lich/shadowrend/willpower with tri stat food and be fine on stamina sustain while also having two huge shields and minor maim and if you really need more stamina sustain for whatever reason just run tripots. You don't have to wear double sustain sets on a sorc you will be fine with just lich or amberplasm.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This conversation is still going on? Magsorcs are a big problem currently. Their execute needs to be changed so it doesn't auto-proc. It's current form gives them an unfair advantage in BGs to the point where you don't have to actively participate in order to win.

Rune Cage in its current form is ridiculous and gives magSorcs a free victory even if their opponent is the superior player.

Buff the damage of Mage's Fury, and remove the auto-kill.

Make Rune Cage dodgeable and blockable, and give those attributes to Defensive Rune.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Like?

All I see is a remake of the huge Warhammer Online mages and sorceresses PvP complaining.

These were unique classes with unique defenses and gameplay consisting of backloaded damage that built up "stuff" until a final explosion that would nuke the opponent from 100% to dead in 1 second.

People never really accepted this kind of stuff.
    In the end the developers nerfed the mechanic until those 2 classes could not "1 shot" anymore. That made both of them useless and mostly a "skill steal" class (popping damage when a guy was at 50% due to other players).

Guess what, that did not make the game better, in fact it closed down in 2013.

ZOS sorcs are now going this way: they have a different defense (front loaded healing, that is a shield) and a different attack (backloaded attack that "pops" all together).

Now, since this is 1% different than what players expect (balanced game = sorcs are sitting ducks to provide free AP) then it HAS to be nerfed ASAP.

That's fine, really. But then scrap the backloaded damage mechanic entirely and make sorcs a proper CC + pressure class like the others.

Not a "no cannot backload but also cannot CC + pressure". That's not fine. That's for losers.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most balanced sorcs ever were was when Frags was overloaded. The entire combo revolved around landing that skill. If it didn't land, the rotation was wasted. Wins came from setting up frags, which required skill vs a non-idiot.

ZoS decided to change this without understanding how the classes offensive rotation actually worked. Take out Rune Cage damage and the class won't kill anything. Add Rune Cage damage, class kills everything. This was the only real change from DB to SS. So that's what...9k more tooltip damage and around 2k more magicka from running willpower?

Sorc power creep was substantially less than most other classes set wise. The only big change was rune cage--which every good sorc argued against. Rune Cage is the issues, the sorc class itself is actually very weak compared to top performing classes. Only thing sorc has is ability to reset fights, which (good) stamblades can do better.

Funny how nobody complained about sorcs in DB but come SS it's "sorcs OP" when the only real change was Rune Cage. Shouldn't the argument than be "Rune Cage op"? Or is logic something that escapes full divines medium night blades completely?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Like?

All I see is a remake of the huge Warhammer Online mages and sorceresses PvP complaining.

These were unique classes with unique defenses and gameplay consisting of backloaded damage that built up "stuff" until a final explosion that would nuke the opponent from 100% to dead in 1 second.

People never really accepted this kind of stuff.
    In the end the developers nerfed the mechanic until those 2 classes could not "1 shot" anymore. That made both of them useless and mostly a "skill steal" class (popping damage when a guy was at 50% due to other players).

Guess what, that did not make the game better, in fact it closed down in 2013.

ZOS sorcs are now going this way: they have a different defense (front loaded healing, that is a shield) and a different attack (backloaded attack that "pops" all together).

Now, since this is 1% different than what players expect (balanced game = sorcs are sitting ducks to provide free AP) then it HAS to be nerfed ASAP.

That's fine, really. But then scrap the backloaded damage mechanic entirely and make sorcs a proper CC + pressure class like the others.

Not a "no cannot backload but also cannot CC + pressure". That's not fine. That's for losers.

Calm down mate, all I said was that magsorc has some pressure now. When I played mine on PTS I didn't rely on bursting down my opponent, I had a lot of pressure with the new light attacks (playing magsorc there was another world than pre Summerset).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not broken my friends... Just two executes one class skill based and implosion passive, when there is classes that been begging for a class execute (dk's) and are never heard. But let's give them undoageble cc 3shields (hardened should not stack with harness magicka) double execute destro ha and LA buff meanwhile 2h swords got a Nerf lol, you can clearly see the favoritism here, and tbh hardened ward and harness magicka should be like double take and shuffle lol can you imagine a nb stacking evasion from shuffle and double take and have 40% dodge chance (20% from back in the day pre nerf x2) and then beefing it up with cp like they do with bastion lol... People cried shuffle was broken and got nerfed from 20% to 15% and they added a ton of undoageble DMG lol. Stacking a class shield and armor skill shield should not be a thing. Harness and healing ward are more than enough for all mag classes outside of the sorc class, and I don't hear any of them crying for an extra shield, so why access to not to two but three shields!? Is not like they lack mobility like a dk and has to stay face tanking DMG lol streak streak streak dark deal lol. Hardened ward should be to only give a sorc build uniqueness... For example having access to a shield while not wearing light armor.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not broken my friends... Just two executes one class skill based and implosion passive, when there is classes that been begging for a class execute (dk's) and are never heard. But let's give them undoageble cc 3shields (hardened should not stack with harness magicka) double execute destro ha and LA buff meanwhile 2h swords got a Nerf lol, you can clearly see the favoritism here, and tbh hardened ward and harness magicka should be like double take and shuffle lol can you imagine a nb stacking evasion from shuffle and double take and have 40% dodge chance (20% from back in the day pre nerf x2) and then beefing it up with cp like they do with bastion lol... People cried shuffle was broken and got nerfed from 20% to 15% and they added a ton of undoageble DMG lol. Stacking a class shield and armor skill shield should not be a thing. Harness and healing ward are more than enough for all mag classes outside of the sorc class, and I don't hear any of them crying for an extra shield, so why access to not to two but three shields!? Is not like they lack mobility like a dk and has to stay face tanking DMG lol streak streak streak dark deal lol. Hardened ward should be to only give a sorc build uniqueness... For example having access to a shield while not wearing light armor.

I bet you would be surprised at how few sorcs actually run three shields. Sure the 1vX kiters probably do, but I am not going to ever suggest balancing a game around 1vXers. Sorcs struggle with the bar space for 3 shields. Most that I know simply run Hardened ward and healing Ward. Healing ward is certainly not a reliable thing to try and shield stack because at best there is about a 1/4 chance that it actually hits the caster. It's there for a heal. Shields are simply not as good of a mitigation tool as dodge or block builds, especially when outnumbered. In 1v1, they are definitely strong, but few would suggest that a magic sorc is at the apex of dueling.

Sorc has had their highs and their lows in this game. Pre Summerset, I would call them very middle of the pack. Basically two things changed, and they are no doubt powerful this patch. They benefit perhaps better than most from the Light Attack scaling as their magic pools are usually the biggest. And they added damage to the end of Rune Cage. That's really it. Rather than attack the whole class (most of which hasnt been changed a lot since launch, Executes and Shieldstacking are basically untouched other than a nerf to duration), why arent people looking at what was done recently?

Rune Cage is OP. As someone who mostly sorcs in PVP, I will freely admit it. The damage needs an adjustment, and frankly, so does the range. I would suggest lowering the damage by about 20% and cutting the range to say 15-18 meters. I would also not let range buffs apply to rune cage. Right now, it can be upwards of 40 meters near a keep which is certainly obnoxious. It think you could also increase the cost by 15% or so. None of these are drastic changes, but drastic changes arent usually needed to balance. Drastic changes either destroy skills or make them OP. There need to be tools to combat the perma bock/roll dodge meta, but a sorc should have to be close enough that they are engaged in a fight to use a skill this powerful, and it should cost enough they have to think about when to cast it.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 27, 2018 6:36PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Tradition. Every single MMO ever someone cries about dying too much to X class and asks for a nerf. Sorcs are also ridiculously easy to kill.

I feel tankier on my magsorc than I do on my stamden in heavy armor. I have three shields as a sorc and bolt escape, an ability that allows me to not only relocate myself to any area i choose but also stun my enemy. I can kite for hours.

Ridiculous comment. No way sorc can be tankier that stamden. Just have shimmering shields all range hits are blocked. Just have shield up. Just use FM when CC immunity runs out.
    mb10 wrote: »
    This class is ridiculously easy to play and do damage especially with the rune cage change. Its such a ridiculously OP hard CC in PVP that also does damage when it ends.
    Wtf happened to "we cant hard CCs to not have much damage" Ive seen rune prisons with over 9k tooltip damage!

You used to be able to block the Dark Curse ability but of course not anymore.

They practically have unlimited sustain with Dark Deal.

The class as a whole atm has become a joke again and almost every other person is running this along with stamina warden in PVP but thats a different topic.

NERF (yes NERF) that idioticly designed rune prison skill and have a look at the way overperforming Dark Curse.

I hate to make this thread but the next patch will be out in 2-3 months and I just hope something gets done about this mess.

Only thing that is ridiculous is Sload + shield breaker + NBs defiles . No can out heal . Instant free kills with light attacks. Ok lets complain about sorcs . We need more cheese without even using light attacks. Lets ask ZOs to proc monster sets exclusively for NBs with oblivion damage even without doing anything. I want to kill without any skill just by doing light attack.

Why ZOs is so biased about NBs and allowing stupid crying when its an L2P issue. I need cloak breaker immediately. Right now!!!. No one can cloak within 20 M of range.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on June 27, 2018 7:07PM
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Tradition. Every single MMO ever someone cries about dying too much to X class and asks for a nerf. Sorcs are also ridiculously easy to kill.

I feel tankier on my magsorc than I do on my stamden in heavy armor. I have three shields as a sorc and bolt escape, an ability that allows me to not only relocate myself to any area i choose but also stun my enemy. I can kite for hours.

Ridiculous comment. No way sorc can be tankier that stamden. Just have shimmering shields all range hits are blocked. Just have shield up. Just use FM when CC immunity runs out.
    This class is ridiculously easy to play and do damage especially with the rune cage change. Its such a ridiculously OP hard CC in PVP that also does damage when it ends.
    Wtf happened to "we cant hard CCs to not have much damage" Ive seen rune prisons with over 9k tooltip damage!

The class as a whole atm has become a joke again and almost every other person is running this along with stamina warden in PVP but thats a different topic.

NERF (yes NERF) that idioticly designed rune prison skill and have a look at the way overperforming Dark Curse.

I hate to make this thread but the next patch will be out in 2-3 months and I just hope something gets done about this mess.

Only thing that is ridiculous is Sload + shield breaker + NBs defiles . No can out heal . Instant free kills with light attacks. Ok lets complain about sorcs . We need more cheese without even using light attacks. Lets ask ZOs to proc monster sets exclusively for NBs with oblivion damage even without doing anything. I want to kill without any skill just by doing light attack.

Why ZOs is so biased about NBs and allowing stupid crying when its an L2P issue. I need cloak breaker immediately. Right now!!!. No one can cloak within 20 M of range.

Where u been brother? Sloads kills cloak... From both receiving and giving ends, sad thing I've seen more sorcs using sloads than nb's, and your defile argument incap its an "ulti" that defiles you for 6 secs... Now let's look at duroks bane, When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 10 seconds, reducing their healing received by 30%. This effect can occur once every 1 second, clearly broken AF. And another one that ppl overlooked a lot, good ole cyrodils crest... When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 5 seconds, reducing their healing received by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds. So yeah there is plenty of defile... If u died BC u got incaped, well its not the defile you were going to die anyway, But I will agree with you that defile has been broken for a minute now, and those sets are being abused with sloads... So go figure
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liam,
    Sorcs MUST wear two sustain sets, because their class resource management (even with Conversion) is crap. It's a burden, not a luxury. Throwing in a damage set means you need to sacrifice something to make up.

Ragna,
    Debatable. Continued burst is dangerous, but so are DoTs, roots, snares and raw dps.

Thankyou,
    Running tristat food on the Necro/Lich/Shadow/Willpower combo means you're missing magicka regen from your food. What you ignore is that 50k mag builds usually sacrifice spellpower glyphs for sustain, having as low spell damage as 1800. A stat that gets buffed by Minor/Major Sorcery and Continuous Attack, which max mag doesn't benefit from.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I always laugh when I read these points. It is definitely not easy to play. For the most part, getting CC'd on a sorc is death. So positioning and stamina management is the hardest in the game on this class.

And Dark Deal is interruptible and a channel. Casting Dark Deal during combat is risking losing shields and being one shot by most abilities.

Kill enemy Sorcs still takes a long time to complete. Not because they are hard to kill but because no one is playing them. I see far more Stam Sorcs running around using streak than Mag Sorcs.

Lol and I love reading these posts saying not many people playing them , you must be hiding under a rock

100% agreed...

I am on ps4 and I can say that I have 100% seen a very significant increase in that the number of Magicka Sorcs running around...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

I always laugh when I read these points. It is definitely not easy to play. For the most part, getting CC'd on a sorc is death. So positioning and stamina management is the hardest in the game on this class.

And Dark Deal is interruptible and a channel. Casting Dark Deal during combat is risking losing shields and being one shot by most abilities.

Kill enemy Sorcs still takes a long time to complete. Not because they are hard to kill but because no one is playing them. I see far more Stam Sorcs running around using streak than Mag Sorcs.

If you goto vivec on ps4 na, there are more magicka sorcs than any other magicka class.

100% agreed...

MagSorcs are everywhere nowadays...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheLoremaster
    TheLoremaster
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorcs aren't overpowered. If anything, it's terrible to play them open world since Summerset because of all the sload procs.

The only thing that I do agree with, is that rune cage needs to be toned down. The best thing would be to remove its damage component and bring back the crystal frag stun.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam,
    Sorcs MUST wear two sustain sets, because their class resource management (even with Conversion) is crap. It's a burden, not a luxury. Throwing in a damage set means you need to sacrifice something to make up.

Ragna,
    Debatable. Continued burst is dangerous, but so are DoTs, roots, snares and raw dps.

Thankyou,
    Running tristat food on the Necro/Lich/Shadow/Willpower combo means you're missing magicka regen from your food. What you ignore is that 50k mag builds usually sacrifice spellpower glyphs for sustain, having as low spell damage as 1800. A stat that gets buffed by Minor/Major Sorcery and Continuous Attack, which max mag doesn't benefit from.

With shadowrend and lich you have 3 lines of Magicka regen not counting the lich proc which boost regen even further. you don't need more regen than this. With this you already have close to 4000 regen when lich proc as well as tri pots for emergency situations. If this isn't enough regen you are playing badly. You can also get around 3k spell damage buffed with a damage glyph on your weapon. using 3 sustain sets is just overkill.
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    If sorcs are so easy to play then try escape this kind of bs spammed by 10iq zerglings or by someone who just spams gapclosers and occasional light attacks to proc the enchant while wearing heavy and 40k health. Op just git gut and stop the qq about sorcs being overpowered while 90% of Cyrodiil is wearing cancer sets like Sloads Shielbreaker and Oblivion dmg glyphs that do the job for them.

Besides rune being like the old fossilize theres nothing that makes them really overpowered.

pxN5O2y.png
    Edited by VoiDGhOs7 on June 27, 2018 11:56PM
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorcs aren't overpowered. If anything, it's terrible to play them open world since Summerset because of all the sload procs.

The only thing that I do agree with, is that rune cage needs to be toned down. The best thing would be to remove its damage component and bring back the crystal frag stun.

Terrible idea. Frags no longer hits like it did last year. The damage was reduced by 10% and might of the guild was change so we can not longer empower a frags. If you are going to move the stun back to frags then rune cages damage would also have to be moved to frags or what I like better to curse.
    Edited by bardx86 on June 27, 2018 11:57PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liam,

Ragna,

Thankyou,

With shadowrend and lich you have 3 lines of Magicka regen not counting the lich proc which boost regen even further. you don't need more regen than this. With this you already have close to 4000 regen when lich proc as well as tri pots for emergency situations. If this isn't enough regen you are playing badly. You can also get around 3k spell damage buffed with a damage glyph on your weapon. using 3 sustain sets is just overkill.

Two. Two lines. Lich four-piece mag regen is exclusive to backbar. You have 1200 regen on front, where you're most of the time.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said, one DAMAGE oriented 5pc (spinners seems to be the set of choice for the good magsorcs I play with) turns the combo into a oneshot, primarily because of how rune cage functions. The cc is severely delayed, causing the break free (and thus the cage damage) to line up perfectley with the rest of the aforementioned combo. It is too punishing of a combo with the new rune cage to have 0 counterplay against. Your only options are to pop an immovable WHEN YOU SEE THE METEOR CIRCLE, BEFORE GETTING CAGED. That's a 1/1.5 second window to react to a one shot mechanic by using a consumable with a 45s cooldown.

How long do you think it takes a sorc to build up ULT for Meteor? So, all you need to do is Q up immovable pots when you encounter a Cage running sorc and you'r good. 1vX scenario is different, i get it, but 1v1 it's far from sure kill. I mean, one mist form and your combo, puff dead.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

How long do you think it takes a sorc to build up ULT for Meteor? So, all you need to do is Q up immovable pots when you encounter a Cage running sorc and you'r good. 1vX scenario is different, i get it, but 1v1 it's far from sure kill. I mean, one mist form and your combo, puff dead.

It takes a lot longer than the three seconds to build 70 ultimate for an incap...

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

I gotta say, I get hate mail from MagSorcs about my using Elusive Mist to render their burst effectively wasted...

Elusive Mist + an object to use as cover, and no Magicka Templar should ever lose to a MagSorc...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam,

Ragna,

Thankyou,

Two. Two lines. Lich four-piece mag regen is exclusive to backbar. You have 1200 regen on front, where you're most of the time.

But you have 3 total lines of regen on your build also 2 lines of regen on the front bar is more than 1200 it's a little over 1700 and around 1900 on the back bar if you are a high elf that's without the 10% from potions and without being a vampire. With your potion you will be close to 1900 on the front bar. This is plenty enough regen in between lich and potion procs while fighting stamina characters, and you will actually over sustain while fighting Magicka characters because of harness Magicka.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liam,

Ragna,

Thankyou,

But you have 3 total lines of regen on your build also 2 lines of regen on the front bar is more than 1200 it's a little over 1700 and around 1900 on the back bar if you are a high elf that's without the 10% from potions and without being a vampire. With your potion you will be close to 1900 on the front bar. This is plenty enough regen in between lich and potion procs while fighting stamina characters, and you will actually over sustain while fighting Magicka characters because of harness Magicka.

It's 1268 on front and 1458 on back for my vampire High Elf, with 75 points in Arcanist. 1422/1637 with Major Intellect up.
    NOT. ENOUGH.
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest problem is how haunting curse stacks... I agree with what op said, but curse stacking is just impossible to deal with. I think this is broken because purifying light doesn't stack. So I think zos needs to look into this. They should also look into the bug, where cage and fossilise are not letting you break free.
    Edited by Oxalias on June 28, 2018 1:45AM
  • Lloydmp
    Lloydmp
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are fairly easy to get comfortable with but my pet hate is having them leach all my kills in BG’s! Unless I’m doing it on my sorc.... then it’s fine!
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lloydmp wrote: »
    Sorcs are fairly easy to get comfortable with but my pet hate is having them leach all my kills in BG’s! Unless I’m doing it on my sorc.... then it’s fine!

They need to rework BG kills to account for max damage on actual health - not 10K execute on 4K health.