The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for fun Stamplar pvp set

Kattemynte
Kattemynte
✭✭✭
I am looking for a fun 1vX build that does not center around the bone pirate set and the dubious/new gold food that has max health and stam and stam regen (mainly because I was not around for the dubious and 6 hours+ of fishing and only 6 waterlogged bags). When I PvP I run out of stamina very quickly then have to hide and wait a long time for potion/stam to regen and that just is not fun. Any suggestions?
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t play stamplar but I play with people that do. I think the agreed upon notion is that they’re one the hardest classes (maybe the hardest?) to sustain on.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't try to play stamplar without bone pirate and serpent mundus just don't waste your time running out of resources all the time.

You always have to heavily focus on regen/ sustain on a stamplar. Either you try one of the worse sustain sets like stam warlock ( don't remember the name) or something very special: ulfnors favor with medium armor and 120 points into atronach as the resource return gets increased to 260% of the base (30% from ulfnor and double resource return on heavy attacks vs off balanced enemies)

However it's hard to pull that reliably off in a 1vX as stamplar has to LOS a lot and isn't really made for face tanking, made to channel a heavy attack when focused.

The issues with not running bone pirate is that you lose a lot of damage and sustain also max regen often works better on a stamplar as you are kiting more often than you are gaining resources with heavy attacks.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seventh Legion/Marksman/Bloodspawn...use attribute points and TriStat enchantments to get your health to at least 25k and run recov drinks...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    So what about different sets for basically any stamina class? I am sick and tired of fishing for a recipe that will need a lot more farming for the mats.
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to play a stamplar is to reroll as a stamblade and enjoy getting gud
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kattemynte wrote: »
    So what about different sets for basically any stamina class? I am sick and tired of fishing for a recipe that will need a lot more farming for the mats.

The receipe is currently bugged, grants max mag and mag regen rather than stam and doesn't work with bone pirate.

Don't waste your time yet
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been running shackle and cowards with troll king and lingering health pots. Was doing hundings but switched to shackle for better sustain in both pools. Not meta at all but don’t have to run speed pots on cool down, the combination of sprinting when low when TK takes effect and popping a lingering health pot while under major protection will heal you to full. Need to go all damage glyphs in jewelry though. Thinking I need to get to retrait to infused there for just a little more.
    Edited by technohic on June 23, 2018 9:17PM
    Options
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep my build a secret because I don't want zos to come in and nerf it.

All I can say is I don't have a sustain problem...unless I don't know how to play...

For example when I panic I burn through my stam. However when I know what I am doing my stam never falls beyond 75%....

I recently went to BGs and noticed the stam still doesn't fall below 75%...when I keep my attacks simple.

However, I don't have burst damage. I sacrificed health and weapon damage for sustain. This made me create a fun way to play for myself....

All I can say is

Medium Armor
    1hand 1 shield
    dual wield.

There was another build where I had 50k stam but my sustain was crap. That was a 1 v X build... where you are the X of course..

So what you wanna do is get a friend or bro to lure the person(s) in...

Now when they are engaging in battle wait until your bro/friend is at 50% health or they have been fighting for about 4 seconds. Throw power of the light on them ( now some people love running once it's on or cleansing it so make sure you are quick) This makes every noob, other faction, etc run to the guy. This should be enough to wipe him once it explodes.

However, if it is just you and your bro, put power of the light on him....throw in a little jabbing... then BOOM with the radial sweep move. (note that radial sweep has a low radius...laugable 90% of the time it misses the target unless u are up in their face) Make sure the lighted person is in front of you for 66% more damage from radial.

Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LuxLunae
    So your build suggestion for the OP is to Xv1? Interesting...
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    For Stamplar mains out there, is it viable to spec full damage and rely on kills/repentance to sustain?
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Stamplar mains out there, is it viable to spec full damage and rely on kills/repentance to sustain?

Bad times you will have.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope nope nope nope.
    Don't even bother trying to do so.

Even with 2.4k regen and medium armor you won't be able to sustain like other classes do.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Bad times you will have.

Bone pirate, serpent stone, dubious.

If you can't stats sustain with that, then add a Regen glyth on your jewels. After that best of luck because stamplar can't sustain like other stamina classes.

You can also sustain using off balance from the tactician passive with heavy attacks, but you can't bring that to nCP (and honestly don't rely on mechanics that don't translate between the two modes).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen someone run that stamina sustain burst set (that gives you 9k stamina on a minute cooldown). You can run that but think of it as a potion proc, otherwise it's a wasted set.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough, thanks for satisfying my curiosity.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running heavy Hundings and Spriggans for a while on my Stamplar. Worked pretty well but you do need to throw in heavy attacks here and there.
    Options
  • kickback120ub17_ESO
    kickback120ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I’ve been playing Stamplar for about two years now on Xbox NA and I’ve found for my play style, I do best when I just stack damage and worry about recov after. I always make sure that I’m in 5 medium 2 heavy, heavy being my chest and legs for the resistances and all my open world builds are duel wield/2 handed. A few sets I've tested and that work well in open world are:
    - Bone Pirate
    - Hulking
    - Impreg
    - Ravager
    - Spriggans
    - Automatons
    Combine two of those sets and you'll have a pretty reliable open world build. You’ll also want troll king or blood spawn. 1vx is definitely the hardest part with Stamplar because your burst relies a lot on Power of the light, which can be difficult to build when you have a lot of people hitting you and you’re on the defensive. Another annoying part about 1vxing on the Stamplar is the sustain, which I’ve given up on, I run dubious but I switched to the lover stone a few months ago and haven’t regretted it. Warrior would be good too for the heals but I like the raw damage too much. I’d say, if you’re new to Stamplar then definitely run bonepirate/dubious/serpent to get used to the sustain and then as you get more comfortable, swap serpent and bonepirate out. Sorry for the crappy format, I’m on mobile. If anyone’s got any questions, ask em. I love Stamplar, I’ve been with it through the ups and downs of the class and I’ll gladly help anyone with theirs.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing Stamplar for about two years now on Xbox NA and I’ve found for my play style, I do best when I just stack damage and worry about recov after. I always make sure that I’m in 5 medium 2 heavy, heavy being my chest and legs for the resistances and all my open world builds are duel wield/2 handed. A few sets I've tested and that work well in open world are:
    - Bone Pirate
    - Hulking
    - Impreg
    - Ravager
    - Spriggans
    - Automatons
    Combine two of those sets and you'll have a pretty reliable open world build. You’ll also want troll king or blood spawn. 1vx is definitely the hardest part with Stamplar because your burst relies a lot on Power of the light, which can be difficult to build when you have a lot of people hitting you and you’re on the defensive. Another annoying part about 1vxing on the Stamplar is the sustain, which I’ve given up on, I run dubious but I switched to the lover stone a few months ago and haven’t regretted it. Warrior would be good too for the heals but I like the raw damage too much. I’d say, if you’re new to Stamplar then definitely run bonepirate/dubious/serpent to get used to the sustain and then as you get more comfortable, swap serpent and bonepirate out. Sorry for the crappy format, I’m on mobile. If anyone’s got any questions, ask em. I love Stamplar, I’ve been with it through the ups and downs of the class and I’ll gladly help anyone with theirs.

This is a great post. 100% agree.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran hundings and ravager for a while. Had to go full recovery glyphs and redguard. Still rough, particularly if you are not on the offensive. Stamina management just stinks on templar. Actually tried running repentance this weekend and was surprised how often the corpses were not available only to realize there was another templar at the hot spots where I would need it.
    Options
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did make succeess with

5x bone pirate
    5x willow
    2x trollking

3stat drink

Lingering health

Medium armor

Adjust attributes/jewelry/mundus until u feel fine.

I do play no CP 99%.
    Options