The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bosmer Height

joseayalac
joseayalac
✭✭✭✭✭
Wood elves have always been my favorite race. It is well known that the Bosmer are lore-wise the shortest of all the playable races. Also a lot of players really like their tiny cute wood elves.

However, it is really underwhelming that male wood elves are -forced- to be so short. Even female bosmer are taller. They're even shorter than goblins.

I'd like to propose to change the slider setting for height in character creation so that you can create a Bosmer that is a bit taller, not as tall as Altmer of course, but not as short as goblins. Without removing the posibility to make a short tinny cute little elf, of course.

I know that a lot of people would really like to make a wood elf warrior that isn't as tall as an Altmer belly button.

What do you guys think?
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by pauli133 on June 20, 2018 5:10PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, since the pinnacle of bosmer strength is the Green Lady, it'd make sense that the women are taller and more stronger than the men. It's also important to note that even tho they're ruled by a king, it appears that bosmer society is primarily matriarchal, as the Green Lady is always female, but the Silvenar can be male or female. Most of the spinners and treethanes we meet in game are female(most, not all).

Although, yes, I too would like the male bosmer to be a bit taller.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think in order to properly research this topic we needs lots of screenshots of female Bosmer in skimpy outfits or underwear.
  • WilhelmTheSlayer
    But we need the shorties so we Nords can look even more badass.
    StamDK DD Nord

PC/EU
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing you said "look".

For as soon as a Nord opens their mouth... badass is not the adjective one would use.

:trollface:
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But aren't you nearly the same height anyway, I mean, since y'all walk around dragging your knuckles on the ground anyway. :)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna hug all the lil bosmer
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna just eat those cute little Bosmer all up. Preferably with ranch dressing.
  • WilhelmTheSlayer
    Violynne wrote: »
    Good thing you said "look".

For as soon as a Nord opens their mouth... badass is not the adjective one would use.

:trollface:

Never implied that. :* Just slash 'em to show badassness.
    StamDK DD Nord

PC/EU
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:02PM
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »

The short Nord has had far too much mead.
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer males are simply shorter than females. This was the same in Skyrim (0.98 for males vs 1.00 for females). They are the only race in ES for which this is the case, however, for all other mer races the height of males is equal to that of females. Tall males is a non-mer phenomenon.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, you cute wee things.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a seat in the Vuhkal Guard TG last evening before logging off with my tall, muscular Altmer Den and not 10 seconds later the cutest little Bosmer lad sat on my lap. So adorable. Like a puppy.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NetViperX wrote: »
    I think in order to properly research this topic we needs lots of screenshots of female Bosmer in skimpy outfits or underwear.

Since you asked (sorry no skimpy outfits)...

jgdArKd.jpg

PVP stats left in to show height only improves awesomeness and attractiveness.

ASTmOeg.jpg
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that if anything they should be shorter. they were so cute and tiny in morrowind.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, since the pinnacle of bosmer strength is the Green Lady, it'd make sense that the women are taller and more stronger than the men. It's also important to note that even tho they're ruled by a king, it appears that bosmer society is primarily matriarchal, as the Green Lady is always female, but the Silvenar can be male or female. Most of the spinners and treethanes we meet in game are female(most, not all).

Although, yes, I too would like the male bosmer to be a bit taller.

Bosmer are from Angel One xD

I had one who stored my clothing mats pre crafting bag, called
    'Fab Rick' and he had the prisoner shirt and pants dyed lavender and mauve xD No shoes, of course!
    Edited by Mureel on June 21, 2018 4:05PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer males are simply shorter than females. This was the same in Skyrim (0.98 for males vs 1.00 for females). They are the only race in ES for which this is the case, however, for all other mer races the height of males is equal to that of females. Tall males is a non-mer phenomenon.

Playable races, true, but going even further back to Shivering Isles, the Aureal and Mazken races both had females taller than males. I haven't yet managed to compare the ESO versions, to see if that was carried over.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the poor bosmer have nothing going for them other than there tiny cutesness!!! (racials suck) dont take that from them!!!!!!
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute goes a REALLY long way though.
    ezio45 wrote: »
    the poor bosmer have nothing going for them other than there tiny cutesness!!! (racials suck) dont take that from them!!!!!!

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Cute goes a REALLY long way though.

IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For PVP the 21% stam recovery is quite good, and for Nightblades the extra stealth damage makes them probably the BiS race.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they'd remove the fall damage racial which is negligible and replace it with 5% more bow damage.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    I wish they'd remove the fall damage racial which is negligible and replace it with 5% more bow damage.

I can totally agree with that, it would make Bosmer one of the most powerful races in the game.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love standing next to the shortest possible bosmer characters while I'm playing my tallest nord or altmer, especially if I have time to additionally equip Xivkyn polymorph (makes you taller). And if I had Wraith of Crows polymorph, it would be even better :smiley: Height differences in this game are so cute :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m totally fine with my petite Bosmer, but what does bother me is the height and possibly the proportions of male Bosmer. My main is a female Bosmer, only just a bit taller than middle of the height bar, and it seems that she is taller than every male Bosmer I’ve come across or am able to make (I have not measured this with screenshots, but they appear so to me, perhaps because they’re legs look proportionally shorter compared to the torso?).

Bosmer societies may indeed be matriarchal, but this doesn’t seem to me a good reason to reverse the typical height ranges. Or, if it has always been a peculiarity of Bosmer, fine, but at least the tallest male Bosmer should be taller than my female Bosmer of average height.

Are my perceptions off or is this what others have observed as well?
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although this is a necro thread, disappointed no one linked this song...

This is obviously how OP was feeling.....

https://youtu.be/l5obLmJ4O9E
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are nice and tiny. Will head pat them all
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We haven't found out how tall Bosmer are since this thread was started, but we have discovered they're dreadfully short on stealth skills :(
    PC EU
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer males are canonically shorter than the females. People complain all the time that ESO messes with the official lore, let's not perpetuate that :D
    It's been this way since at least Morrowind, where Bosmer males had 0.9 to the females' 1.0 ratio.

Yeah it is kind of strange to see the females taller than the males, even if it is a fantasy setting, but this isn't the only game that does it. I think in DnD, the Drow males are shorter too, and weaker than females.
    Edited by vestahls on December 15, 2019 9:51AM
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as