Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vivec EU-PC

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Thread is dead until I post something and then everybody jumps on me :) as I am the only (?) AD player posting here...

I'm going on long break from ESO because game has so many issues especially in Cyrodiil, so I'll write for archive:

1. PERFORMANCE

Absolutely terrible!!! I wrote about it last night on the forum on two other threads.
    Last night AD zone chat was full of talk about bad performance. In the middle of fights people talked about it. I don't remember that was so much bad...
    Since Summerset Cyrodiil performance is getting worse and worse, especially when I play on Warden.
    I am just (below) average player. I earn ~50k AP for 1 hour of play. I' fine with it. Last night on Warden? 80k AP for 4+ hours!!! That class is so much bugged that no matter how much is OP (according to some), it's useless.

2. SLOAD

I don't know, but I was killed once by it, and it was some red zerg. Just once.
    On the other hand there is Rune Cage - that s.it is broken on so many levels.

3. AD zergs/groups

I always play as solo even when I got invited to group I decline because of 1. but AD groups in prime time... mind blowing. You write to not go to X place as you'll get destroyed but no, "leaders" sent waves to be just AP farmed.

4. PURPLE

Some red and blue guilds obviously like to help to opposite faction by just attacking unorganized AD group/zerg. It was so obvious last night so many times...
    What happened at Ash Milegate was so pathetic by one red guild... and that was just one but the most obvious case.

Feel free to "flame" me how purple don't exists :).

Anyway, Cyrodiil performance is terrible: fps under 20, ping going all over the place (120-300+ ms), abilities don't fire up, desync, "million" bugs... No thanks any more.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    This thread is just as dead as Rupert :/

That's because the campaign is. The scrolls now being worth 10 has just killed off any semblance of a balanced campaign.
    Seeing the word 'semblance' together in a post with the word 'balance' feels wrong for some reason. I cannot quite put my finger on it though...
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    Thread is dead until I post something and then everybody jumps on me :) as I am the only (?) AD player posting here...

I'm going on long break from ESO because game has so many issues especially in Cyrodiil, so I'll write for archive:

1. PERFORMANCE

Absolutely terrible!!! I wrote about it last night on the forum on two other threads.
    Last night AD zone chat was full of talk about bad performance. In the middle of fights people talked about it. I don't remember that was so much bad...
    Since Summerset Cyrodiil performance is getting worse and worse, especially when I play on Warden.
    I am just (below) average player. I earn ~50k AP for 1 hour of play. I' fine with it. Last night on Warden? 80k AP for 4+ hours!!! That class is so much bugged that no matter how much is OP (according to some), it's useless.

2. SLOAD

3. AD zergs/groups

I always play as solo even when I got invited to group I decline because of 1. but AD groups in prime time... mind blowing. You write to not go to X place as you'll get destroyed but no, "leaders" sent waves to be just AP farmed.

4. PURPLE

Some red and blue guilds obviously like to help to opposite faction by just attacking unorganized AD group/zerg. It was so obvious last night so many times...
    What happened at Ash Milegate was so pathetic by one red guild... and that was just one but the most obvious case.

Anyway, Cyrodiil performance is terrible: fps under 20, ping going all over the place (120-300+ ms), abilities don't fire up, desync, "million" bugs... No thanks any more.

We have made a pact with DC to destroy AD ... we' ve been exposed :o
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »

1. PERFORMANCE

2. SLOAD

3. AD zergs/groups

4. PURPLE

We have made a pact with DC to destroy AD ... we' ve been exposed :o

Man, you're a crappy ally - taking Ales off us early last night while the main EP zerg was playing at Bleakers.. :wink:
    Edited by Biro123 on June 14, 2018 11:20AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past if there was the option to fight EP or AD. I'd always choose to fight AD.
    Even though fighting against EP was SO much more fun.

More recently, I'd rather have decent equal fights against a similar number of EP, than to defend against overwhelming numbers of AD from Morning until early evening.
    The campaign is now an even bigger joke than it was previously. So people may as well just find good fights where they can, without being swarmed by PVE-ers.

Sometimes I log into my AD around dinner time, just to sit and watch the zone-chat melt into hilarious screams about that darned evil Purple-Faction!!
    How dare they try to get the scrolls back that you captured whilst they were all asleep XD

• MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when I play on my AD and see zone chat crying about purple, I usually insert a lot of salt there and tell them that they deserve it
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who on the EP side owns the guild Vex is a gay unicorn ? You need to invite me that guild
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    when I play on my AD and see zone chat crying about purple, I usually insert a lot of salt there and tell them that they deserve it

The fun part is, there is like 3 dc small scalers, who meet 3 ep small scalers who are friends and both kill some AD. OMG PURPLE ALLIANCE :D
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »

The fun part is, there is like 3 dc small scalers, who meet 3 ep small scalers who are friends and both kill some AD. OMG PURPLE ALLIANCE :D

That happens with all factions and it stinks on a number of levels. I've seen it with groups of 8+ too, when there are only about 4-6 of the opposition.. I mean each one of your factions outnumbers the third yet you still have to team up? Really?

You come across it, see people from 2 alliances, Decide in a split second whether to engage or run. You engage thinking they would be engaging each other, but no, they all turn on you... ie. You get a false view of their strength...

Seen other games die because too many people are friends with the opposition, especially good players. And don't fight.. (apart from the odd duel) just stand waiting till some new guys turn up who they don't know, who attacks thinking he'll have support from the friendlies there... Nope. Gets owned by outnumbering better players. Leaves with a sour taste, never PvPs again..

Honestly the healthiest thing that can happen in a PvP game is to play for the intended objectives and to fight the opposition whenever you see them..
    Anything else is detrimental to the game, and when the top players a result doing it, others want to be part of that clique and copy it.. when there are enough, game dies.. Already happens in Vivec off-peak. Makes me play less and less. And it's spreading....

Honestly, anyone doing this is slowly killing the game.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

That happens with all factions and it stinks on a number of levels. I've seen it with groups of 8+ too, when there are only about 4-6 of the opposition.. I mean each one of your factions outnumbers the third yet you still have to team up? Really?

You come across it, see people from 2 alliances, Decide in a split second whether to engage or run. You engage thinking they would be engaging each other, but no, they all turn on you... ie. You get a false view of their strength...

Seen other games die because too many people are friends with the opposition, especially good players. And don't fight.. (apart from the odd duel) just stand waiting till some new guys turn up who they don't know, who attacks thinking he'll have support from the friendlies there... Nope. Gets owned by outnumbering better players. Leaves with a sour taste, never PvPs again..

Honestly the healthiest thing that can happen in a PvP game is to play for the intended objectives and to fight the opposition whenever you see them..
    Anything else is detrimental to the game, and when the top players a result doing it, others want to be part of that clique and copy it.. when there are enough, game dies.. Already happens in Vivec off-peak. Makes me play less and less. And it's spreading....

I won't waste my time trying to fight people i like just to get zerged by some *** who'll think they are superior players when only 5 of them die when fighting 3 players.

Smallscale and solo play is hard enough even without other smallscalers tryharding you, no one would throw away their game experience and friendships just to appeal some roleplayers and zerglings
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I won't waste my time trying to fight people i like just to get zerged by some *** who'll think they are superior players when only 5 of them die when fighting 3 players.

Smallscale and solo play is hard enough even without other smallscalers tryharding you, no one would throw away their game experience and friendships just to appeal some roleplayers and zerglings

So how does a friendship translate to 'I'm not gonna compete with you'? Didn't all board games we played as kids with our friends involve trying to beat them? Imagine playing a football match and not wanting to take a shot because the opposition's goalkeeper is your friend?? What happens there? Oh, that's right - game is ruined.

I did a lot of combat sports when I was younger and some of my best friends were those who were trying their hardest to beat each other... Do you think we suddenly stopped being friends because we sparred against each other?

DO you not see that the more PVP dwindles, and the more people you get to know (and therefore like), the less and less opponents you will have.. the less combat there will be and the faster PVP will decline?? How can you not see that?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So how does a friendship translate to 'I'm not gonna compete with you'? Didn't all board games we played as kids with our friends involve trying to beat them? Imagine playing a football match and not wanting to take a shot because the opposition's goalkeeper is your friend?? What happens there? Oh, that's right - game is ruined.

I did a lot of combat sports when I was younger and some of my best friends were those who were trying their hardest to beat each other... Do you think we suddenly stopped being friends because we sparred against each other?

DO you not see that the more PVP dwindles, and the more people you get to know (and therefore like), the less and less opponents you will have.. the less combat there will be and the faster PVP will decline?? How can you not see that?

Because there is no point trying to fight with people i know well, who I've been playing with and who i like.
    Also the percentage of smallscalers that quit the game is much higher than the Zerglings which stopped playing because they got farmed by some smallscalers from different factions.

I think for everytime I fight with a friend from another alliance at least 3 people start focusing me from that point on.
    I don't think anyone will ever be in a situation where he can't find any fights, there are always enough people who hate you, always.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because there is no point trying to fight with people i know well, who I've been playing with and who i like.
    Also the percentage of smallscalers that quit the game is much higher than the Zerglings which stopped playing because they got farmed by some smallscalers from different factions.

I think for everytime I fight with a friend from another alliance at least 3 people start focusing me from that point on.
    I don't think anyone will ever be in a situation where he can't find any fights, there are always enough people who hate you, always.

I'll always fight you when I see you. Don't hate you though - just playing the game.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭

AND in some random remote part of the map which has NO tactical bearing on the campaign WTF why do they keep coming back? Try hard much?
    Edited by elfantasmo on June 17, 2018 9:10PM
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭

Bro in a football match the opposition team can’t turn up 2 hours before my team and score 4000 goals with no defence. PVDoor is killing this PvP and zerglings who think you have no right to kill them because they watched 4 utube videos and crafted sloads.

Keep flag NPC and Temple NPC need to be like vmol hm when there is no defending faction at the keep. No faction should EVER be able to cap the map like AD Vivec do on any day, let alone on every day for the last 14 months. Everyone is sick and tired of it, the only fault lies with the developers and the design of the map with only 1 or 2 massive fights at any part of the day due to the previous point of map capping pvdoor. A lot of players are bored by this and find entertainment elsewhere. Can you seriously blame them????
    Edited by elfantasmo on June 17, 2018 9:14PM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elfantasmo wrote: »

Bro in a football match the opposition team can’t turn up 2 hours before my team and score 4000 goals with no defence. PVDoor is killing this PvP and zerglings who think you have no right to kill them because they watched 4 utube videos and crafted sloads.

Keep flag NPC and Temple NPC need to be like vmol hm when there is no defending faction at the keep. No faction should EVER be able to cap the map like AD Vivec do on any day, let alone on every day for the last 14 months. Everyone is sick and tired of it, the only fault lies with the developers and the design of the map with only 1 or 2 massive fights at any part of the day due to the previous point of map capping pvdoor. A lot of players are bored by this and find entertainment elsewhere. Can you seriously blame them????

I think this is the core of the problem. When the campaign is ended before its even begun, theres no "sport" in it anymore, and you get the situation where basically the top players will roam around looking for social interactions instead of fights. They dont want to be zerged, they dont want to be attacked by other smallscalers, so what is it they want? To kill small packs of noobs? And for what ap? Amusement? If you wanna chill with friends of other factions, ever considered rerolling? Not that it matters, the game is already so *** IF zeni manage to find a good solution to the scoring and reward system, the habit is already settled so it will be very difficult to change it anyway.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    elfantasmo wrote: »

I think this is the core of the problem. When the campaign is ended before its even begun, theres no "sport" in it anymore, and you get the situation where basically the top players will roam around looking for social interactions instead of fights. They dont want to be zerged, they dont want to be attacked by other smallscalers, so what is it they want? To kill small packs of noobs? And for what ap? Amusement? If you wanna chill with friends of other factions, ever considered rerolling? Not that it matters, the game is already so *** IF zeni manage to find a good solution to the scoring and reward system, the habit is already settled so it will be very difficult to change it anyway.

Yeah, I don't get it. This weird culture of the good players wanting to challenge themselves by fighting outnumbered but not fighting the other good players, where's the challenge in that?

@elfantasmo You're right - AD PVDoor is the biggest problem out there(And I've honestly given up venting about that) - but it doesn't mean that this isn't also a problem. I wouldn't be so bothered but I have seen what it can ultimitely turn open-world PVP into.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of strong or hard to kill players will become "friends" with players of same lvl of play on other alliances, since its easier to kill noobs together than to risk being "exposed" in a fight against tough enemies.

Also, this 10 points per scroll bs ruined Vivec completely. No life PvDoor players excel in such environment. GG Wrobel, cant wait to see new "balance" change.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss playing for the campaign, was so much fun. I feel PvP is slowly dying and there's nothing we can do about it. PvDoor is killing the campaign, especially now they changed the scoring for scrolls, AD are getting EVEN further ahead!

We just look for good fights and try and defend what we can now but if the game doesn't improve, and I don't mean lag or anything but gameplay, I can't see it being around for an awful lot longer.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all games has its end and ultimately when cyrodiil has lost its appeal to pugs and new players they will easily move on and the campaign will be left for those finding pvd challenging enough and those few 1vx friends being overrun. Come summer activity will as per normal be at a minimum and other interesting games coming up it needs a very very serious overhault by the team immediately to save whats left.
    I also miss deeply the interesting campaign play, and I am troubled its been lost. Even WARhammer didnt manage to *** it up so bad.

Monday morning 11:00, ad poplocked, ep+dc 1 bar. AD has all scrolls, thats a 60 points bonus, plus emperor. Tell me zenimax, why should anyone remotely interested in cyrodiil play unless youre ad and like steamrolling npc's? @wrobel
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on June 18, 2018 9:37AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "PvDoor"....

"Player versus door".

Does not compute.

WTH does PvDoor mean? No, seriously - is this some new term? How do you kill a door anyway? An axe, I guess but yeah.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bam_Bam wrote: »
    "PvDoor"....

"Player versus door".

Does not compute.

WTH does PvDoor mean? No, seriously - is this some new term? How do you kill a door anyway? An axe, I guess but yeah.

PvDoor is when someone goes to PvP area such as Cyrodiil and captures a resource/keep that has no players defending it.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Bam_Bam wrote: »
    "PvDoor"....

"Player versus door".

Does not compute.

PvDoor is when someone goes to PvP area such as Cyrodiil and captures a resource/keep that has no players defending it.

Thanks you. And yes, PvDoor is killing PvP. In fact I think it already has, sadly.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Vista123
    Vista123
    Soul Shriven
    Aldmeri have to stop pvpdoor everymorning when others factions are unable to defend themself, or this game is definitly over for pvp ppl. I play since the beta, i love this game cause i love cyrodiil, but that require some dignity and volonty from everyone if we want a balanced campagn when to play together as fair as possible.

AD, please, stop theses morning cap and wait others factions got ppl to defend. Or u will soon meet nobody to fight on this game.
    Ahuri, Jagas, Jaganath & Blue Dream - DC
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vista123 wrote: »
    Aldmeri have to stop pvpdoor everymorning when others factions are unable to defend themself, or this game is definitly over for pvp ppl. I play since the beta, i love this game cause i love cyrodiil, but that require some dignity and volonty from everyone if we want a balanced campagn when to play together as fair as possible.

AD, please, stop theses morning cap and wait others factions got ppl to defend. Or u will soon meet nobody to fight on this game.

BuT yOu cAN jUsT lOgIN iF yoU PLaY DC oR EP ~ AD PvD hero

Funny thing is they now swapped over to morning cap Sotha as well and AD won the last 2-3 campaigns just like they did on Vivec.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would log, but unlike PvD kids I have work to do.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    I would log, but unlike PvD kids I have work to do.

Same.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its so easy to blame the morningcappers. What about the DC nightcappers? And im not talking about primetime when purple taking back their scrolls and pushing AD to the gate.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vista123 wrote: »

BuT yOu cAN jUsT lOgIN iF yoU PLaY DC oR EP ~ AD PvD hero

Funny thing is they now swapped over to morning cap Sotha as well and AD won the last 2-3 campaigns just like they did on Vivec.

Can we hire some people for Shor as well? DC needs a cleansing there
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Its so easy to blame the morningcappers. What about the DC nightcappers? And im not talking about primetime when purple taking back their scrolls and pushing AD to the gate.

Ah yes the purple alliance, most noteably when pact pushes Ales for hours and DC tries to capture Kings and Chalman like they stashed some drugs in there.

AD gets pushed because they often have Emp and are weak during primetime + the frustration on the other factions from 2 years of morning cap is something that AD shouldn't cry about