The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset patch has killed Cyro

natefiaccob14_ESO
natefiaccob14_ESO
✭✭✭
Cyro, specifically the vivec server, has turned into a completely unbalanced laggy zerg fest. It is no longer player v player. its player v lag. The population imbalance is one huge issue that is causing players to leave or just faction hope to the winning side with no penalty. Constant 30-60 man zergs on both ends causing mass disconnects and making the game unplayable. It is also riddled with bugs. The sprint bug where you cant do anything unless u hit shift again, weapon swap causing dismount, walls showing to be down when they are not and ur able to walk right thru them, doors saying they are at 0% but being unable to walk thru them or hit them because it didnt actually go away, skill lag where you need to hit the button multiple times for it to work, cc immunity not working at all. Time stop spam is another issue. Its made cyro even shittier. Constantly being spammed with no cooldowns to the point people cant rlly do much, add lag to that and its GG. If these problems arent resolved then cyro will become even more lopsided and more people will leave.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesnt care.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Options
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    ZOS doesnt care.

Did they ever?
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    ZOS doesnt care.

Did they ever?

Yes, 4 years ago when they marketed the game as "MASSIVE PVP FIGHTS" "3 ALLIANCE WAR" "MEGA(lol)SERVERS"

They seriously dont understand that they have the best PVP system, and theyre just killing it slowly.
    Edited by amir412 on June 18, 2018 5:44AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Options
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesnt care.

Did they ever?

Yes, 4 years ago when they marketed the game as "MASSIVE PVP FIGHTS" "3 ALLIANCE WAR" "MEGA(lol)SERVERS"

They seriously dont understand that they have the best PVP system, and theyre just killing it slowly.

Ah... the 1.6 days...
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didnt they reduce the population cap since 1.6? I feel like cryodill is like 150 cap total.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt they reduce the population cap since 1.6? I feel like cryodill is like 150 cap total.

yes. Cyrodiil pop cap is 100vs100vs100

Remember the days when cyrodiil was 500vs500vs500?

I miss those days. There were SO MANY people playing and not too much lag
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    They may as well cancel this month's campaign now (and not restart until fixed) as whoever wins it will be a shallow victory.
    Options
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could at least increase the caps again. I mean its unplayable laggy anyways, but this way you have at least more enemies.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO after 4 years is just old news. It is the same crap over and over again. It is most apparent they could care less about the Cyrodiil problems.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it like this - they marketed the game as the ultimate PVP alliance fights, but soon also made and fixed incredible PVE stuff. After overcoming the bad reputation of the early days and "ES doesn't need multiplayer" mindset, many players returned and even more ES players joined ESO for the first time.

So in a nutshell, there's far, far more PVE players and questers than PVPers. In the early days, it's quite possible that majority of their servers catered PVP areas, while now they do not. And yet, the game is getting bigger and bigger so no server space for PVP. Battlegrounds are also gaining momentum and possibly also sharing the same space... Who knows. :-/

Anyway, the game doesn't run nearly as bad as some of you claim on my PC, but yeah, I'd also like to see the improvement on the server side as well.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesnt care.

Did they ever?

yeah that's the real shame here. I loved PvP in ESO it was one of the best...
    Invictus
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re 5 patches into Update 18 now. Battleground loadscreens and the untargetable floating player issue was fixed. The rest of the issues is still there.
    Edited by Feanor on June 19, 2018 11:29AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You forgot the worst bug, staying in combat more than 3/4 of the way walking from one keep to another.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    You forgot the worst bug, staying in combat more than 3/4 of the way walking from one keep to another.

Yeah, I had to jump into the slaughterfish to fix it yesterday -.-
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almostbinstantly regretted buying summerset and eso + after being away for months. Pathetic leaders behind this game.

Options
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS doesnt care.

Did they ever?

"We've optimized the game so that you can participate in these massive 100 versus 100 fights, and not suffer performance issues"

^Remember that from the marketing game preview?
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.
    Options
  • kivaann
    kivaann
    Strange, I dont remember Cyro being ever alive reading the forum in my 1 year here. You meant its only dead after summerset?? That saying, yeah the lag is bad... like really bad...
    Options
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    kivaann wrote: »
    Strange, I dont remember Cyro being ever alive reading the forum in my 1 year here. You meant its only dead after summerset?? That saying, yeah the lag is bad... like really bad...

I think it lost players before IC and then gained alot when IC released and a while after Orsinium, It just went downhill pretty fast after that, population wise in cyro.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it lost players before IC and then gained alot when IC released and a while after Orsinium, It just went downhill pretty fast after that, population wise in cyro.

Alot of us quit before IC dropped. It took till one tamriel before that population returned (or the patch the gave us duelling).

BGs would have increased the PvP pop further but they pay walled the *** out of it and butchered nCP balance with heavy sustain nerfs that didn't need to happen.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Alot of us quit before IC dropped. It took till one tamriel before that population returned (or the patch the gave us duelling).

BGs would have increased the PvP pop further but they pay walled the *** out of it and butchered nCP balance with heavy sustain nerfs that didn't need to happen.

Though it's true the entire game saw a huge population boost during 2.6 (1T), 2.1 (IC) and 2.2 (Orsinium) were also extremely active PVP patches. These patches were generally very good for AvA. Better than any patches since, including 2.6 IMO. 2.1 was especially awesome.

2.3 (TG) was *extremely* buggy with bad performance, no sound and texture issues. These problems combined with the NA BDO launch are what killed a very active PVP population.

2.4 (DB) brought us widespread proc set use, bugged malubeth and the heavy armor buff, all of which helped make the game worse.
    Edited by zyk on June 19, 2018 9:13PM
    Options
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    name another mmo with bigger pvp battles besides WoW
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »

Guild Wars 2.

And it runs smoothly in the game engine.

Even earlier on it was Dark Age of Camelot and Shadowbane that had huge siege battles.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Guild Wars 2.

Even earlier on it was Dark Age of Camelot and Shadowbane that had huge siege battles.

I find the visual clutter in GW2 even more difficult to discriminate than ESO.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Guild Wars 2.

I find the visual clutter in GW2 even more difficult to discriminate than ESO.

Not really the question. It /works/, which ESO struggles with.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And...….this is why the rest of us, the other 99% of pvpers since launch, have left. We and our time are worth more than ZOS values us, Fallout 76 anyone?
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guild Wars 2.

Define smoothly; cause early on in gw2 they cut down the view distance of zergs and caused zergs to appear suddenly 2 feet in front of you. When they removed that you pretty much only left with using just your basic attack in large fights because nothing else would register. Like I couldn’t even pvp on my ranger during those fights because I was condition based and relied on cooldown abilities that didn’t work in any zerg fight.
    Options
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    And...….this is why the rest of us, the other 99% of pvpers since launch, have left. We and our time are worth more than ZOS values us, Fallout 76 anyone?

Will probably never buy another game from this developer... even though i really loved es universe.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't PvP'ed since the beginning of Summerset since it was bad in Cyrodill. Sadly it has not been addressed.

Weird thing is though i earned a rewards of the worhy yesterday. Or could it be because of the daily login rewards which gave AP?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    They could at least increase the caps again. I mean its unplayable laggy anyways, but this way you have at least more enemies.

Or make more friends.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    14 days until CU beta
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options