Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many time will you wipe before leaving a PUG?

Kuwhar
Kuwhar
✭✭✭✭
I've had groups where 1 death sees 2 people leave and other glorious battles where everyone's gear is broken after countless deaths bit we persevered!

So, whats your limit? (If any)

How many time will you wipe before leaving a PUG? 315 votes

Once
2%
vrinestarlizard70ub17_ESOAhPook_Is_HerePOps75pGoBlue275WornLoccTheCyberDruidarishok33 8 votes
Twice
4%
TonnopesceSoellaElsirtritonydtsharplesAliyavanaQwazzyWrekkeddneverwalkFroilTrinotopsFakeFoxValorieWTheRedRavenTRCrystallize 15 votes
Thrice
11%
MojmirAuriellecac1977ub17_ESOKetarmishbottleofsyrupbellatrixedRawstSarevoccCynnaliaSmoltPreyfarNemeliomdbgagerMEBengalsFan2001EDS604GeneralLeeCloudlessralphylaurenLadyNalcaryariVALry9 35 votes
Four
4%
MemnockApheriusRebornV3xNordSwordnBoardSovjetFerrumnCutemakl77deano469dyn0m1k3Chaos2088SergeantJinxJellySunsetKTLikeFire 13 votes
Five
5%
Saladinpatrick.s.donahueb14a_ESOWuffyCeruleiThestephenmcraeub17_ESOUvirythHidesFromSunSkillzMFGYinmaigaoTyharspud1639EvilCrocKuramas9tailsboggoDogenhamInsanepirate01MazbtNeyaneSelthia 18 votes
I aint scared of that repair bill (no limit)
40%
SorianaSolarikenwayfarerxGalenCaligamy_ESOlordspyderashenehb14_ESONewBlacksmurfotis67kendellking_chaosb14_ESOnalimoleb14_ESOQueoPlagueSDSkuaPhilhypeTaonnorAreziusIruil_ESOAstridN4vYSe4L7 126 votes
Other (please elaborate)
31%
akredon_ESOCasterialWatchYourSixxMarginisssewallb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOYusufValveSkayaqzariaDolgubondennissomb16_ESOstatic_rechargeTHEDKEXPERIENCEUloramasurinenpreub18_ESOsdtlcsrfrogg23kimaerilLinaleah 100 votes
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as I got the time to spend logged in to ESO.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Pimpkachu
    Pimpkachu
    Other (please elaborate)
    I’ll stick around for as long as I can. Usually if a group is wiping, it is due to mechanics. If I can’t teach the mechanics to the point where we succeed, then I’ll hop out and wish them best of luck.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends on the group. How nice they are and the group interaction. Also my available time and what we are wiping on. I will always give pugs at least a few tries.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as people are willing to learn the mechanics, I've got the time and patience.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends. Difficult content and a sense of determination where everyone is trying, probably until I finished it. 2 or 3 times if it's obvious someone is just trolling i.e. some glass cannon build that just queued as a tank to get grouped faster.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five
    I have the rule with my main: 5 wipes and quit. She is a healer and can afford it.
    My DD alts never leave group by themselves because of obvious reasons.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I never leave. I carry them through the dungeon.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most GF groups I have been in cleared. Sometimes when they were not familiar with the fights it took a couple pulls but I found most are willing to listen to instructions about mechanics.

Basically it takes being able to do enough DPS to carry the group and most GFs are not bad. As a DPS and healer that can be accomplished easily.
    Edited by idk on June 13, 2018 5:15PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Orticia wrote: »
    Depends on the group. How nice they are and the group interaction. Also my available time and what we are wiping on. I will always give pugs at least a few tries.
    This, depend on reason and how much progress we make.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never abandon my pugs. Only heartless people do.

srzAPK8.png
    Edited by Meld777 on June 13, 2018 5:20PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the group is willing to keep trying and are doing their best, I'm game.
    The Moot Councillor
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've NEVER had a repair bill higher than the value of the junk items in my backpack after a dungeon run.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From a fun perspective. I've had more fun in some terrible groups than in groups where everyone was silent, burnt through enemies and had the grp disbanded 2 secs after the last boss went down in seconds. Efficient, yes, but that's the problem with some folk, they try to force their efficient and dull af playstyles on everyone.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the group is cool, and we are all willing to put up with wiping and learning, i'll stay as long as I can.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Four
    One wipe to get acclimated to each other. If it fails for obvious mechanics ignorance, try to make explanations to folks. If I can't see what to help with or improve I'll do about three more tries unless the people are growing on me.

If I random que in as support and they start while I'm explaining mechanics after a wipe, or refuse to communicate I'm out.

The 15 minute penalty hardly matters when you have all three roles at your disposal.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Kuwhar
    Kuwhar
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the group is cool, and we are all willing to put up with wiping and learning, i'll stay as long as I can.

This!

My favorite PUGs have been the ones where nobody knows the mechanics and we manage to learn them and finish.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the progress group is making. If after two or three wipes, they appear clueless and unwilling to follow direction, that's usually my sign to exit. You can't fix stupid.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    long enough to see if the tank is a tank
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    i also dont run pugs often for this reason
  • Furcula
    Furcula
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I used to stick around until the end to try to clear dungeons. But now that I'm more experienced and I know what's happening and can gauge the capabilities of the group, I will stick around if the group can actually do it and just have to learn mechanics or leave if the group has almost no hope.
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Really depends on how bad I want to be there.

I spent 4 hours wiping to the last boss in vet Falkreath because I wanted the dye, tragically we never won.

But if I'm just doing my daily random, and I get one of the long or DLC dungeons and the group is full of idiots.... I'm not sticking around for this crap. I'll usually give them 1 free wipe if they seem like they're going to be idiots, 2 wipes and I bail.

That being said, some of the easy dungeons, or ones I like (fungal grotto 1, darkshade 1, etc) I'll stick around just to laugh at people dying to stuff I've done a million times... But I try to help them, after they die once...
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hows anyone new supposed to learn how to do things if you just leave?
    Edited by majulook on June 13, 2018 5:48PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    if the dps can dps ill stay, if the dps light attack spams i leave on the first trash fight
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Back to 2014 Ive spent 100 soul gems in shada (croglorn) but we done it.
    ezio45 wrote: »
    long enough to see if the tank is a tank

True. Back to 2016 in fungal grotto the tank died quickly at the end boss (black hole).

I explained him but he "went in :)" and died again quickly. Then he leave the dungeon and we 3 did it.

But it depends on the groups
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    If we’re wiping because people are being stupid, then I’m out after the try after explaining the mechanics

Or out instantly if I see LA/snipe spammers, Frost staff “DPS”, tank that won’t hold boss still, etc

If it’s just a challenging dungeon, then I’ll stick around until we clear it
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It all depends on the group... If they're communication is good and it's a learning curve for new players and they're listening and learning or if I'm the problem I'm being taught, then I will hang around until it's done or the group falls apart

But if it's mindless numpties trying to out DPS a boss and ignoring mechanics cos they've seen it on YouTube and giving grief in chat over it ... I'm out before their bodies have even resurrected
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    If the group is suck and clear indications of not capable. It happens.

When people are mean and stressful. I won’t put up with that. No one should.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends, if the group is just absolute trash, if they didn't even bother to learn the absolute basics, i will leave immediately, i will not teach to people who clearly don't care, it's wasted time, so good luck if you are one of those....

But if the players are at least decent i will stay, but only if i see some semblance of effort from the players.

And i'm saying this because i actually tried to teach, they don't care, but then they come to the forums whining about how they got kicked from the group, it''s pathetic.
    Edited by JinMori on June 13, 2018 6:26PM
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    What's a PUG? I thought it was a small dog with a smooshed in face.
    Kuwhar wrote: »
    I've had groups where 1 death sees 2 people leave and other glorious battles where everyone's gear is broken after countless deaths bit we persevered!

So, whats your limit? (If any)

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Okay. Got it. My answer is Zero. I don't do them. Sorry I bothered you.