The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How many time will you wipe before leaving a PUG?

• ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    I aint scared of that repair bill (no limit)
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:01PM
  • ghwaite
    ghwaite
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends on the group for me.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
  • shootatme80
    shootatme80
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It completely depends on the group and the dungeon. If the people are in chat or otherwise willing and able to communicate mechanics I'll usually stay till the end no matter what. If it's a vet dlc with nobody in chat and it seems that I'm the only one who has ever completed the dungeon, I'm out most days. Sometimes I just enjoy the challenge and stick with it either way.
    Xbone/NA
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It depends entirely on the reason for the wipes. If the DPS is too low to overcome the boss then I'll first ask the weak link to leave, if that doesn't work then I'll dip and re-queue (this is, of course, assuming multiple wipes). If it's because of the mechanics it is based exclusively on whether or not the other party members are listening and applying.

Yesterday I ran Scalecaller Peak and we wiped thrice on the ogres because one of the DPS refused to learn the one-shot mechanics. We kicked him after the third wipe and managed the rest of the dungeon without any deaths. I don't like to leave a group unless its absolutely necessary, I always prefer to have the source of the problem leave of their own volition or kicked.
    Edited by TheGr8David on June 14, 2018 8:04AM
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Whether or not I leave a group is dependent on the attitudes and not the success rate.

Jah bless
    PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
    Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    it depends...
    if the group makes progress and learns everytime they die and why then i am happy to stay and help.
    My first time vetScalecallerpeak was a good example i guess, we wiped and wiped, but we all learned and got better everytime we wiped and understood what we should make better!
    I don't care for repair bills, got alot of kits in my banker for situations like these and i am also happy to share them with the group if all are nice :D same with food

But sometimes a group is determined to fail because some people don't care for mechanics and i don't have time to discuss and read how wrong i am ;) No time for ignorant people that are too selfish to look up a guide BEFORE they enter a dungeon, seriously.
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I never PUG, I run with guildies or I don't run.
    I'd much rather run content with friends and have a laugh on Discord as we do it :)
    Edited by Hamish999 on June 14, 2018 8:39AM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    depends on whether there is any improvement between wipes. if we wipe 3-4 times to exact same avoidable mechanic and people continue to not even attempt to avoid it? I'm out. but if we wipe as we learn I'll stay for as long as it takes. maker knows i'm not perfect, how can I demand perfection of other people? learning from mistakes? that IMO is not to much to ask.

one exception when the problem is not mechanics but rather lack of dps. if its me holding people back, better leave and let them replace me with someone better. if I'm healing and dps is low and i cannot possibly compensate. its about as productive as beating your head against the wall, so..

so basically its situational. but in general a minimum of 3 wipes.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    If I see people talking and willing to learn then I can spend 2 hours in a dungeon.

But if nobody talks or listen, if I see people not respecting their role (a Damage Dealer as Tank or as Healer), then I can vote to kick or leave if nothing change, especially in veteran of course.

My main is a healer who can solo every usual normal dungeon, so I'll be very friendly in normal PUGs and I will absolutely not look the dps or survival rate of some player, I'll only encourage people to use a buff food if they die too often with 12k health.

I'm harder with people in Veteran dungeons because I think people learning should stay in Normal, but I'll still stay if (once again) people talk and show that they make their best.

My main concern is people tagging tank with 13k health, with a poor dps of course. Because I'll ultimately spend the whole dungeon with every mobs and bosses on myself since I'm the healer, and I'll spend more time blocking and healing myself than anything else, which is not fun, and if I'd wanted that I would have entered the dungeon alone...

Wipes are not the problem, bad people are.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It honestly depends.

If the pugs in question are on vet and it's clear they shouldn't be there I'll outright tell them and leave. I've done it before, I'll do it again. Closest I had to something else was when this group who clearly shouldn't have been on vet did Vaults of Madness. I caught them outright running away from the watcher boss, which....was sad. I ferried them all the way to the end and asked them never to queue vet ever again. I dont have patience for people stinking up the queue who cant cut it.

On the other hand, most of the time normal is a breeze enough to where I dont mind ferrying newbies through. In fact sometimes the newbies do more damage due to scaling.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    If group is nice, but new players, ill stick around awhile.
    If its the old "you are a noob blame game" ill leave after 1 attempt.

Aint nobody got time for dat
    PC
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Wipes are fine if one can see progress. But there is a certain point where you just know it’s time to leave.
    Edited by Feanor on June 14, 2018 9:22AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It's okay if ppl even try to do mechanics, if we wipe a lot because nobody even bother then it is a clear sign for me to leave.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I stay as long as I can if I have the time, and I think we have a realistic chance of clearing the content. My longest PUGs were 6 hours in a Crag zone PUG for vSO, which had driven some people to start drinking, and by the time we reached the Serpent, the commentary was kind of funny despite the frustration and exhaustion, and almost 4 hours in a group finder PUG for vetBF, where none of us were really familiar with the mechanics, but we were determined to clear it. In the end only two of us were left from the original finder group, after we had people coming and going, but we eventually got there!

Sometimes, when you are not pressed for time and you are in the mood, struggling PUGs can be fun, because you are all in it together, learn from the mistakes, come up with strategies, and that's really nice, especially if the others are in a good mood as well. Most of the time it doesn't go like that, but that's understandable because who doesn't like to be done with something as efficiently as possible... I think a key factor to have a good time in a PUG, regardless of the outcome, is to not go in it with an impatient mood from the outset. I've done that and it never turns out well, but if you give it a chance, you might get a pleasant surprise... even 4-6 hours later :lol:
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Arezius wrote: »
    I'm harder with people in Veteran dungeons because I think people learning should stay in Normal, but I'll still stay if (once again) people talk and show that they make their best.

@Arezius
    I think your whole post shows a very good attitude but I wanted to react to this part. My personal experience is that of a mostly solo player who will PUG (NORMAL) once in a while for xp/stuff/fun. The thing is, when I was low level I would almost always be grouped with runners (the "you should be glad I carried you" kind) so I didn't get any learning from it, and now that I'm almost 300 CP, well, most normal dungeons are easy enough that I don't have much learning opportunities either since the risks are minimal. And if I'm in that situation, I'm pretty sure I'm not so special that I'm the only one in the game.

Edited by Itacira on June 14, 2018 2:11PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the members, if I see repeatedly moronic behavior like being rude or giving half assed replies to members trying to explain mechanics, that's the case I'm out or vote to kick. If members are willing to cooperate and not being jerks, then I stay as much as I can.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It depends. If no one is communicating i will leave after couple wipes on the first boss.
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I've noticed that the longer I've been playing MMOs, the less patience I have for groups that keep wiping. I used to be very friendly and helpful when it came to dungeons. Back then I didn't mind spending an hour or two helping people learn the mechanics. After 12+ years of MMOs and completing the hardest content (wiping 300+ times on specific bosses in WoW), I learned that I don't have the patience nor the time for this anymore. I'll take a look at the group and if it seems like a lost cause, I'll take my leave instead of getting stuck and frustrated.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the group and dungeon.

Really the minute i trully believe we cannot complete the content is when i quit. Might be right after spending 8 minutes on the first tough trash mob.

Like yeah we dont have enough dps or the tank isnt tanking, im out.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how much time I have, and if everyone is open to learn the mechanics and work together. I've stayed in groups where there have been two or more players that left and had to be replaced. Usually end up finishing, but there have been a couple times either I ran out of time, or our group just couldn't pull it off.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Could the Meta's just make an announcement that they're Meta's so we can avoid them?

Maybe, if someone is discovered to be a Meta in disguise we could out them?
    I wouldn't be quick to label anyone running a meta build as toxic. There are some cool people out there. Some aren't. Avoid toxicity.

In my experience with MMOs in general, folks that do run meta builds and are good at their roles/class tend to be friendlier and often more helpful. I suppose they're more comfortable in their own skin. That of course is anecdotal and painting with broad strokes.

Good luck venturing out. Don't rent toxic people space in your head.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time I'll carry them if it's possible including last boss soloing (non DLC dungs ofc), when I'm in a hurry I may give up though.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Really depends more on the group then actual number of wipes. Friendly group who is talking and trying and I will happily keep trying with them. The all to often angry and impatient group (or member) and I would leave fairly quickly.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I usually can tell by the speed in which the group eliminates the first trash pull if the dps is satisfactory and if the healer knows what they are doing (or even exists). I don't necessarily leave after a wipe, unless it is a wipe on Normal which is IMO inexcusable. Wiping on a vet dungeon's HM for a pledge can happen occasionally and I certainly wouldn't leave if we made significant progress on our previous attempt.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends on the group. When people are low-level or low-cp I stay as long as it takes. I remember tanking nCoS, the healer level 12, the DD level 14 they were both friends, the other DD left instantly. They were new and it took us three wipes thoughout the entire dungeon because they were willing to listen and learn.
    BUT
    If I have a DD with over CP300 and his/her damage is lower than mine(tank) or we wipe in Spindle1 or any other non-DLC normal or vet: First I try to kick, and if that fails, I leave.
    Edited by Facefister on June 14, 2018 1:03PM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Ill do at least 3 then
    It depens on if we do better than last time
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thrice
    Usually 'three time's the chance' but it depends on the group.

In most pugs it's always the tank that just types 'L2P noobs' or 'No DPS - c'ya' and group falls apart. As I usually run a healer I will stick with the 2 sad, abandoned DPS for a while to see if we can find a tank but a few minutes is usually my limit.

Also depends if people are listening. I tend to ask at the start of dungeon if everyone is familiar with the mechanics. If it is someone's first time or it's a new player I will ask the remainder of the group to please wait a minute before every boss, so that I can quickly type out any specific mechanics (this is also the point at which most tanks just go 'Lol! See ya!).

If I'm in a pug where the tank is straight up insulting the rest of the group for dying too much or not having enough DPS I will politely say my goodbyes and leave.

Most pug groups I have been were quite ok. I think most people understand that a random group will always have some shortcomings and sometimes I am surprised on how good some players are. I have been in many groups where not a word was said as the DPS were straight up melting the faces off the enemies not even needing a heal (trying to chase after them while I switch my set up to DPS can be daunting).

And before someone says 'Why hate tanks?', I don't. It is just the experience I have had over the years.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • AEAltadoonPadhome
    AEAltadoonPadhome
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I mostly quit or kick if people do not talk and listen in the chat. What's the point of trying if you don't discuss tactics to beat it?
    Edited by AEAltadoonPadhome on June 14, 2018 2:02PM
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the group. If we're communicating and making an honest effort, I will stick around and finish. But if nobody is talking and all or specific members keep doing the same things causing the wipe, I'm out
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Either until i run out of time or i conclude their is no hope that we are going to complete the content.