The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How many time will you wipe before leaving a PUG?

• Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    I aint scared of that repair bill (no limit)
    I will stay until the bitter end.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone needs to learn. F it. It's a game. Who cares?

Tanked VSC last night for 5 hours! One competent (actually awesome, but rezzing all the time and other f-ery, meant group of about 30k, of which he was doing most, if not all!) dps, inexperienced dps and healer (I was doing 30% heals as tank), and yet, we got it.

If you care about people - taking the time is what you do.

I understand that some people have limited time, because of real life etc- but some people are just in a hurry to be toxic toward the next person.

I don't want to die IRL having been that person in game.

'Not like this...'
    Edited by Mureel on June 13, 2018 6:41PM
  • TheRedRavenTR
    TheRedRavenTR
    ✭✭
    Twice
    İf they stand in the one shot red circles once, i try to teach them. İf they do it twice, i try to solo the boss, if i cant, i leave.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Mureel wrote: »

Tanked VSC last night for 5 hours! One competent (actually awesome, but rezzing all the time and other f-ery, meant group of about 30k, of which he was doing most, if not all!) dps, inexperienced dps and healer (I was doing 30% heals as tank), and yet, we got it.

I understand that some people have limited time, because of real life etc- but some people are just in a hurry to be toxic toward the next person.

'Not like this...'

It's a game where you are playing with other people, and if you waste those people time because you didn't bother to check the basics, then expect some backlash, what is more toxic a natural reaction to substandard performance that is wasting everyone's time, and making the experience less fun, or someone that expects to be carried through the dungeon just because?

People always think about the "fun" of the casual, usually used in place of bad player, which is not necessarily true, and never think of the fun of the player who actually wanna get things done, and that would like that the people who decide to play that content at least knew the basics, when have we started accepting mediocrity as the standard?

If you wanna be a bad player and still do end game content, at least have the decency to either learn the basics, or just play a single player game, so the only one losing will be you.

I don't really get what;s the fun in spending 5 hours into a dungeon wasting time and money for NOTHING, what do you get out of it? The satisfaction of teaching to people who clearly don't give much of a ...?

OH, but you need time to learn this and that,.... you can learn that on easier content, you can learn combat on normal, and then go to vet when you are better, the truth is that you wanna get boosted by much better players.
    Edited by JinMori on June 13, 2018 6:51PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends if we are making progress. I am perfectly willing to work with a group and explain mechanics as long as they are will to learn. As long as we arent regressing, I will usually keep trying.

The only time I have literally went one and done was when I am tanking and the group DPS is simply so low that nothing we do will ever work.

I did a vet Darkshade run about a year ago as a tank. We never wiped all the way to the netch boss, but each fight took an eternity. I was able to hold the bosses and res people as needed, but it was slow. Our first pull of the netch boss ended up with like 50 adds on the screen. I was the last one standing, and after the fight, I looked and our group DPS was like 8k. I said sorry guys, the DPS is just not there, and I bounced. Only time I have ever been the first to leave a pug group. I have a great screen shot filled with netch's around here somewhere.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

'Not like this...'

It's a game where you are playing with other people, and if you waste those people time because you didn't bother to check the basics, then expect some backlash, what is more toxic a natural reaction to substandard performance that is wasting everyone's time, and making the experience less fun, or someone that expects to be carried through the dungeon just because?

People always think about the "fun" of the casual, usually used in place of bad player, which is not necessarily true, and never think of the fun of the player who actually wanna get things done, and that would like that the people who decide to play that content at least knew the basics, when have we started accepting mediocrity as the standard?

If you wanna be a bad player and still do end game content, at least have the decency to either learn the basics, or just play a single player game, so the only one losing will be you.

I don't really get what;s the fun in spending 5 hours into a dungeon wasting time and money for NOTHING, what do you get out of it? The satisfaction of teaching to people who clearly don't give much of a ...?

OH, but you need time to learn this and that,.... you can learn that on easier content, you can learn combat on normal, and then go to vet when you are better, the truth is that you wanna get boosted by much better players.

I think you mean TEACH. Because I'm the teacher in the above scenario and I was glad to oblige.

The original posts was about PUGs. Like what do you think will happen? Anyone who has a good guild doesn't need to pug and those who choose to pug have no say really, in what they get. So being salty about it is pointless.

Pretend money. So what? I have millions. My craft bag alone is worth over 8mil.

Time? It's a game, if I hadn't time, I wouldn't play anyway.

Not like I'm rocking up to a dungeon to help new guys when I have raid imminent.

I don't see the need to rush through things just so I can rush through the next thing.

Toxic exit is over there ->
    Edited by Mureel on June 13, 2018 7:09PM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends on whether people are nice and communicative or not. If they are, I can stay all the way, otherwise, I'd say four times. If they're actively unpleasant and I tried to ignore it to finish the dungeon, after one wipe I'm out.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Keileon
    Keileon
    ✭✭
    I rarely hop out of a PUG unless one of them is being toxic. I try to last until the end of the dungeon, so usually it's the PUGs that are leaving rather than me if we get stuck.
    PC NA | @ KudaKeileon | ESO+ | CP 600+
    Ilus-Lei Xerseus - L50 | Argonian Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | Crafter | Pathological murderer || Caligan Casareeth - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (Healer) | Vampire | Worships Daedra
    Team Space Bat - L50 | Khajiit Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | "Khajiit is trying." || Dances-Like-Stripper - L50 | Argonian Male | Balanced Warden (Tank) | Literally just does not care
    Heals-You-Idiots - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Nightblade (Healer) | Jerk || Pleb Imperial - Sub-50 | Imperial Female | Balanced Dragonknight (Tank) | Probably blackmailed and/or kidnapped
    Arynea Skycrowne - L50 | Bosmer Female | Stamina Sorcerer (DPS) | Way too happy for her own good || Careodry - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (DPS) | OC insert
    Sylliriht - Sub-50 | Dunmer Female | Magicka Warden (DPS) | Vampire | Actually a Maormer || Marks-The-Grave - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Necromancer (DPS? Healer? ???) | An actual zombie
    Swallows-Own-Tail - Sub-50 | Argonian Female | Magicka Templar (Healer) | Ouroboros || Orcish Obesity - Sub-50 | Orc Male | Necromancer | Meme

hi so I actually love crown crates

GIVE LILMOTHIIT RACE
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)

'Not like this...'

I think you mean TEACH. Because I'm the teacher in the above scenario and I was glad to oblige.

Toxic exit is over there ->

No, if you read the comment i made before i said that i was willing to put it up if the group was at least decent, but i won;'t teach to players who don;t give a single f.

But you can take the moral highground, even though in the end you are just being used, don;t teach to people who don't care.
    Toxic exit, don;t make me laugh, i refuse to accept mediocrity, and i refuse to teach to people who don;t care.

Time is precious, and i prefer spending it with people who care, rather then people who don't and are just using you as a way to get to then end while not putting any effort, but go on, waste your time.
    Edited by JinMori on June 13, 2018 7:07PM
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    And how, pray tell, do you learn the basics if no-one will tell you what they are and keep changing them every 10 seconds on the whims of those who love to say LTP? While I agree that you probably shouldn't be doing end-game content without knowing the basics, how did you get to end-game without knowing the basics in the first place.
    It seems like the contingent of "Play like I tell you to play or get out" and "You are only acceptable if you do it exactly the way we tell you to do it" and the "NO, you are not allowed to play the way you want to, you MUST play the way we tell you to or your out" contingent is going strong.
    Personally, I play how I want to play and if you don't like it, fig-off. Don't need you, don't want you. Not chasing achievements, trophies or leaderboards. Just doesn't matter.

'Not like this...'

• JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    DenMoria wrote: »
    And how, pray tell, do you learn the basics if no-one will tell you what they are and keep changing them every 10 seconds on the whims of those who love to say LTP? While I agree that you probably shouldn't be doing end-game content without knowing the basics, how did you get to end-game without knowing the basics in the first place.
    It seems like the contingent of "Play like I tell you to play or get out" and "You are only acceptable if you do it exactly the way we tell you to do it" and the "NO, you are not allowed to play the way you want to, you MUST play the way we tell you to or your out" contingent is going strong.
    Personally, I play how I want to play and if you don't like it, fig-off. Don't need you, don't want you. Not chasing achievements, trophies or leaderboards. Just doesn't matter.

'Not like this...'

And you would be completely wrong, i just care if you can do the content, i don;t give much of a f if you are not meta, what i want is for you to do the things you are required to, i will pick up some slack, but i won;t carry people who are just bad.

And you can learn to play in plenty of ways,m you don;t need to do vet content to learn, also, there is something called the internet, years ago you would have been justified when there wasn't any information, but now, there is just no excuse.

As i said above, i only teach to people who care, if you ask, and you show some effort, i will tell you some things, but i refuse to spoon feed you information, and tell you about each and every things there is in the game, i don;t wanna spend 5 hours in every dungeon teaching people, who don;t really care, because if they did, they would know at least something, and usually people who really care teach themselves, they don;t just wait for people to tell them stuff, all i ask for is be prepared in some ways, know the basics.
    Edited by JinMori on June 13, 2018 7:16PM
  • zTrok
    zTrok
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It depends on the dungeon and why I'm running it. If it's just for a daily and I'm positive I've already been in there for 10 or so minutes I'll drop and reque. If I need something like a particular set though, I'll stay until real life forces me to go.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    When it's obvious that it aint happening. But, usually willing to go until that point
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I don't disagree with you, but, honestly, you just told a new player to go and watch 1,000 hours of gameplay and research the heck out the game and the mechanics, etc., etc., etc. How is that playing the game? Why? When did playing a game become a research project? Where's the fun in that? I can use the example of Deltia's builds. Love 'em, but, when we get to the part where you "need" or "require" this equipment or that equipment and this level or that is when I get bored. I don't want to be them, I want to be me.
    Is it possible that people want to learn, but want to learn by doing? I didn't learn to use software programs or do accounting or compliance work by reading and reading and reading and watching videos. I just did it and learned how. The same thing for doing plumbing and building a bookshelf and putting together that dern IKEA table I bought. Just do it. Some people don't learn by watching others and reading and researching. They just want to play, and being told they're losers and can't do anything right is a bit discouraging.

'Not like this...'

And you would be completely wrong, i just care if you can do the content, i don;t give much of a f if you are not meta, what i want is for you to do the things you are required to, i will pick up some slack, but i won;t carry people who are just bad.

And you can learn to play in plenty of ways,m you don;t need to do vet content to learn, also, there is something called the internet, years ago you would have been justified when there wasn't any information, but now, there is just no excuse.

• JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I don't disagree with you, but, honestly, you just told a new player to go and watch 1,000 hours of gameplay and research the heck out the game and the mechanics, etc., etc., etc. How is that playing the game? Why? When did playing a game become a research project? Where's the fun in that? I can use the example of Deltia's builds. Love 'em, but, when we get to the part where you "need" or "require" this equipment or that equipment and this level or that is when I get bored. I don't want to be them, I want to be me.
    Is it possible that people want to learn, but want to learn by doing? I didn't learn to use software programs or do accounting or compliance work by reading and reading and reading and watching videos. I just did it and learned how. The same thing for doing plumbing and building a bookshelf and putting together that dern IKEA table I bought. Just do it. Some people don't learn by watching others and reading and researching. They just want to play, and being told they're losers and can't do anything right is a bit discouraging.

'Not like this...'

If you care you will do it, if you care, you will be willing to spend some time watching and learning the basics, and by the way, it's nowhere near the amount you suggested, it;s more like a few hours at most, and also, no, i did not say that, i never said that you need to learn absolutely everything i said the basics, not everything, just don;t be dead weight if you truly care, you will become better, but if you don;t, there is no point teaching you.

See, this is another problem i have with people, why do you have to take things out of context? even when we only slightly disagree on some things? Basics is basics, i never said , you need to know about EVERYTHING, you need to be pro mlg, otherwise i won;t be teaching you, guys, you need to listen, to what the other person is actually saying, not what you think he's saying.

Edited by JinMori on June 13, 2018 7:31PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Do people still use PUGs? Seriously? I thought it was established quite a few years ago that if you're into grouping in MMOs you really need to get into a guild or play with RL friends. People who use tools like a dungeon finder or "\zone: LFG" ought to know by now how it's likely to end up. Either you're useless, the others are elitists, or both. If you're into playing with others, then develop the social contacts, most other times it will end in tears.

It's not helped, of course, by the modern practice of guilds recruiting randomly by spammed invites or zone chat appeals, rather than the original way of getting to know players before inviting them personally, but even so, guilds remain the most likely way of getting reliable groups.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeNb1pe.gif
    giphy.gif
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    What's a PUG? I thought it was a small dog with a smooshed in face.
    Kuwhar wrote: »
    I've had groups where 1 death sees 2 people leave and other glorious battles where everyone's gear is broken after countless deaths bit we persevered!

So, whats your limit? (If any)

Of your genuinely asking

Public User Group
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I was, but I looked it up. :)
    SugaComa wrote: »
    What's a PUG? I thought it was a small dog with a smooshed in face.
    Kuwhar wrote: »
    I've had groups where 1 death sees 2 people leave and other glorious battles where everyone's gear is broken after countless deaths bit we persevered!

So, whats your limit? (If any)

Of your genuinely asking

Public User Group

• Hvzeda
    Hvzeda
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Never PUG'd
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I joined a PUG last night for nCR and we only wiped once on the final boss. After that, it was just a matter of communicating and following the crown's advice regarding mechanics.

To the question at hand, I'll stay with a PUG as long as possible.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)

'Not like this...'

How did you, or do you determine, if said person is expecting "to be carried?" As to which one of those is more toxic, since you can't always determine someone's true intentions or thoughts to be less than honorable, we use communication to convey those ideas.

How do you determine mediocrity? If the person's goal is to have fun, how do you know that it's not meeting their expectation? It sounds like an argument for meta builds across the board if that's the only metric for success.

Some people enjoy the challenge of working with other people, even those less skilled than themselves. Good for them. The world needs more of those people. You never know, investing a few minutes here and there may shave some time off the queues for non-tank characters later on.

I'm usually good until it gets toxic. Dying in a video game is less of an incentive to leave an otherwise decent group than bedtime is.

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Could the Meta's just make an announcement that they're Meta's so we can avoid them?

Maybe, if someone is discovered to be a Meta in disguise we could out them?

Meta's are Meta's and that's fine, but treating others like pond scum because they don't live up to, have the time to, or care to be Meta's themselves is really pretty toxic.

That being said, I am going to try to be a bit more social on this playthrough (I have so many crowns stacked up, I have to spend them on somebody! Maybe a house instead?). I don't play to Meta though so, maybe not.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It depends on my mood and the circumstances. For normal mode, I have a 3-strikes limit per encounter. For vet dlc dungeons full of 750s, I’ll stay until people start leaving.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will initiate a vote kick for the problem player before leaving.

But most non-DLC vet dungeons are so easy you can solo them if your team goes down (if you're playing DPS).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 13, 2018 9:02PM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four
    They say 3 times the charm so i give them 1 more chance per encounter if its a group of completely random players 9/10 i random up im on an alt leveling skills im in no mood to teach a class on how to play the game for free why would I to completely random people that won't care I'm not wasting hours and hours of my time sitting in a dungeon when i could be doing other things its ridiculous
    Edited by RebornV3x on June 14, 2018 1:24AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have access to non DLC dungeons. I've lingered in veteran dungeons for hours before on my tanks. I try to educate about mechanics if I can. I leave when the "You are no longer in a group." message appears and I'm forced back into the world. At rare times I'll leave when I don't think a random replacement will help in a certain dungeon and re-queue from scratch.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends if we are making progress. I am perfectly willing to work with a group and explain mechanics as long as they are will to learn. As long as we arent regressing, I will usually keep trying.

The only time I have literally went one and done was when I am tanking and the group DPS is simply so low that nothing we do will ever work.

I did a vet Darkshade run about a year ago as a tank. We never wiped all the way to the netch boss, but each fight took an eternity. I was able to hold the bosses and res people as needed, but it was slow. Our first pull of the netch boss ended up with like 50 adds on the screen. I was the last one standing, and after the fight, I looked and our group DPS was like 8k. I said sorry guys, the DPS is just not there, and I bounced. Only time I have ever been the first to leave a pug group. I have a great screen shot filled with netch's around here somewhere.
    This, done some long fights worst was vet fungal 2 back then it was just vet fungal 5 hours, done a couple of 2 hour ones this year, all was guild runs. Has had some close to hour long pugs, yes it require an enthusiastic group who discus tactic and is willing to take critique. Did vet cradle of shadows 3 times and normal untold times before some told you could bash the ghosts shielding boss rather than kill them, not tested if other interrupts like destructive touch work.

Learned healing doing harder normals with weak groups, it was pretty nice, dps was low so bosses lasted some time, few self heals but high health pools making healing needed but easy to handle. You don't get it much anymore.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MythrialDrow
    MythrialDrow
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I must be lucky every time I’ve had a PUG group I’ve done it( vet and normal) Give them a chance. I’ve been playing since Beta. I’m now on PS4 and everyone seems nice . It’s a game
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Okay, what's your guild. Meeting "nice" people isn't easy in ESO.
    I must be lucky every time I’ve had a PUG group I’ve done it( vet and normal) Give them a chance. I’ve been playing since Beta. I’m now on PS4 and everyone seems nice . It’s a game