The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How many time will you wipe before leaving a PUG?

• pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends on how badly I need the gear and if they're coughing it up
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrice
    As long as people are willing to learn the mechanics, I've got the time and patience.

I have to agree with this. If they're genuinely willing to learn but having issues with something I will stay. If they are being willfully ignorant and not listening, repeatedly standing in AOEs after having it explained they need to move then I'll poof. Repair bill is inconsequential since I have a million repair kits lol
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • kirasdream
    kirasdream
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends. If the pugs are cooperative and willing to learn mechanics, I will stay with them. If they are aggroing everything in sight while wiping every single time while screaming incoherently and being an uncooperative ***, then bye. Life is too short to waste on idiots.
  • OneWarlord001
    Other (please elaborate)
    Depends. Are we trying to work together, or is someone not a team player. Does the healer actually heal.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    DenMoria wrote: »
    A "screaming baby with leprosy"? eek!
    Mureel wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »
    I don't disagree with you, but, honestly, you just told a new player to go and watch 1,000 hours of gameplay and research the heck out the game and the mechanics, etc., etc., etc. How is that playing the game? Why? When did playing a game become a research project? Where's the fun in that? I can use the example of Deltia's builds. Love 'em, but, when we get to the part where you "need" or "require" this equipment or that equipment and this level or that is when I get bored. I don't want to be them, I want to be me.
    Is it possible that people want to learn, but want to learn by doing? I didn't learn to use software programs or do accounting or compliance work by reading and reading and reading and watching videos. I just did it and learned how. The same thing for doing plumbing and building a bookshelf and putting together that dern IKEA table I bought. Just do it. Some people don't learn by watching others and reading and researching. They just want to play, and being told they're losers and can't do anything right is a bit discouraging.
    And how, pray tell, do you learn the basics if no-one will tell you what they are and keep changing them every 10 seconds on the whims of those who love to say LTP? While I agree that you probably shouldn't be doing end-game content without knowing the basics, how did you get to end-game without knowing the basics in the first place.
    It seems like the contingent of "Play like I tell you to play or get out" and "You are only acceptable if you do it exactly the way we tell you to do it" and the "NO, you are not allowed to play the way you want to, you MUST play the way we tell you to or your out" contingent is going strong.
    Personally, I play how I want to play and if you don't like it, fig-off. Don't need you, don't want you. Not chasing achievements, trophies or leaderboards. Just doesn't matter.
    Everyone needs to learn. F it. It's a game. Who cares?

Tanked VSC last night for 5 hours! One competent (actually awesome, but rezzing all the time and other f-ery, meant group of about 30k, of which he was doing most, if not all!) dps, inexperienced dps and healer (I was doing 30% heals as tank), and yet, we got it.

If you care about people - taking the time is what you do.

I understand that some people have limited time, because of real life etc- but some people are just in a hurry to be toxic toward the next person.

I don't want to die IRL having been that person in game.

'Not like this...'

It's a game where you are playing with other people, and if you waste those people time because you didn't bother to check the basics, then expect some backlash, what is more toxic a natural reaction to substandard performance that is wasting everyone's time, and making the experience less fun, or someone that expects to be carried through the dungeon just because?

People always think about the "fun" of the casual, usually used in place of bad player, which is not necessarily true, and never think of the fun of the player who actually wanna get things done, and that would like that the people who decide to play that content at least knew the basics, when have we started accepting mediocrity as the standard?

If you wanna be a bad player and still do end game content, at least have the decency to either learn the basics, or just play a single player game, so the only one losing will be you.

I don't really get what;s the fun in spending 5 hours into a dungeon wasting time and money for NOTHING, what do you get out of it? The satisfaction of teaching to people who clearly don't give much of a ...?

OH, but you need time to learn this and that,.... you can learn that on easier content, you can learn combat on normal, and then go to vet when you are better, the truth is that you wanna get boosted by much better players.

And you would be completely wrong, i just care if you can do the content, i don;t give much of a f if you are not meta, what i want is for you to do the things you are required to, i will pick up some slack, but i won;t carry people who are just bad.

And you can learn to play in plenty of ways,m you don;t need to do vet content to learn, also, there is something called the internet, years ago you would have been justified when there wasn't any information, but now, there is just no excuse.

If you care you will do it, if you care, you will be willing to spend some time watching and learning the basics, and by the way, it's nowhere near the amount you suggested, it;s more like a few hours at most, and also, no, i did not say that, i never said that you need to learn absolutely everything i said the basics, not everything, just don;t be dead weight if you truly care, you will become better, but if you don;t, there is no point teaching you.

See, this is another problem i have with people, why do you have to take things out of context? even when we only slightly disagree on some things? Basics is basics, i never said , you need to know about EVERYTHING, you need to be pro mlg, otherwise i won;t be teaching you, guys, you need to listen, to what the other person is actually saying, not what you think he's saying.

Perhaps people would be more open to what you have to say if your posts weren't riddled with insults, disdain and your own assumptions that people are 'using' you.

Your posts just give me the creeps to be honest. It's hard to see the forest for the poo.

Insults? when did i ever say something that is actually offensive? i did not tell anyone to f off, or things like that, and honestly even then it's not that offensive, i would just brush it off, maybe the problem is that you are too easily offended and find offense in everything? ever thought about that?

Give me the creeps, Jesus Christ... Dude, if you get creeped out by some slightly harsh words there is no way you can live in the real world with other people, there will always be something that offends you, but honestly, there is no point spending time with you, you are a waste of time, and the only argument you made was an appeal to emotions, so i'm done with you.

Yes you did.

Not a dude, fam.

Look at yourself and ask yourself what's wrong with this picture?

You come off like a screaming baby with leprosy. It needs handling, but no one wants to handle it.

lol I am honorably discharged US Navy, Crypto, EOD, Diver, War Veteran.

What is it exactly, you think *I* can't handle?

You're abrasive and rude over a game.

Please save it.

It's quite funny, she tells me that i'm being offensive, and then she;s being more offensive then me, the irony, not that it matters all that much, just wanted to point it out, also, all we know is her word, did she actually do all those things, and even if she did i doubt she was in the front line, basically roleplaying as a military man, but that's beside the point.

So i will ask the question one last time more generally, where exactly am i wrong, in thinking that a person who doesn't prepare himself even slightly doesn't really care much, and therefore not deserving of help? Seem pretty logical to me, you don;t teach to people who don;t show interest, it;s like talking to a brick wall.

This question is in general, don;t really care about who answers it, just make an argument that is not based on emotions, like you are evil for not helping people, or garbage like that, which is basically what it boils down to.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)

Tanked VSC last night for 5 hours! One competent (actually awesome, but rezzing all the time and other f-ery, meant group of about 30k, of which he was doing most, if not all!) dps, inexperienced dps and healer (I was doing 30% heals as tank), and yet, we got it.

I understand that some people have limited time, because of real life etc- but some people are just in a hurry to be toxic toward the next person.

'Not like this...'

It's a game where you are playing with other people, and if you waste those people time because you didn't bother to check the basics, then expect some backlash, what is more toxic a natural reaction to substandard performance that is wasting everyone's time, and making the experience less fun, or someone that expects to be carried through the dungeon just because?

People always think about the "fun" of the casual, usually used in place of bad player, which is not necessarily true, and never think of the fun of the player who actually wanna get things done, and that would like that the people who decide to play that content at least knew the basics, when have we started accepting mediocrity as the standard?

If you wanna be a bad player and still do end game content, at least have the decency to either learn the basics, or just play a single player game, so the only one losing will be you.

I don't really get what;s the fun in spending 5 hours into a dungeon wasting time and money for NOTHING, what do you get out of it? The satisfaction of teaching to people who clearly don't give much of a ...?

OH, but you need time to learn this and that,.... you can learn that on easier content, you can learn combat on normal, and then go to vet when you are better, the truth is that you wanna get boosted by much better players.

I think you mean TEACH. Because I'm the teacher in the above scenario and I was glad to oblige.

Toxic exit is over there ->

No, if you read the comment i made before i said that i was willing to put it up if the group was at least decent, but i won;'t teach to players who don;t give a single f.

But you can take the moral highground, even though in the end you are just being used, don;t teach to people who don't care.
    Toxic exit, don;t make me laugh, i refuse to accept mediocrity, and i refuse to teach to people who don;t care.

Time is precious, and i prefer spending it with people who care, rather then people who don't and are just using you as a way to get to then end while not putting any effort, but go on, waste your time.

What is wrong with you? Like really what happened to you, or didn't, that makes you think this kind of outlook and behaviour is okay?

Really, I am sorry for whatever happened/didn't happen, to make you such an angry person. :(

Great argument there dude.

What makes you think that telling people how they should behave as adult is ok?

Probably the same logic as telling someone how to play a video game is okay.

If you don't want to play a video game with people who aren't up to your standards, don't. Who cares? I certainly don't owe anybody here my time and wouldn't suggest that others do.

There's a difference between me saying "that would be a waste of my time" and "you're wasting your time" within the scope of this conversation. Both convey that i see no value in something, but one projects my standards or values onto another player. It's not for me to determine whether or not someone spending 5 hours helping/carrying other players is a waste of their time or not.

I agree, time is precious. I sort in this order, if a person can't communicate without the use of ad hominem or personal insults, then I feel like we lack the communication skills to get through anything more difficult so I'm normally gone. That's a waste of my time. Everything else (within reason) is a variable. They may be lying, poor players, unprepared, etc, or they may be capable and just need a nudge. The truth will reveal itself soon enough. Without the ability to communicate, the odds of that happening are reduced.

There's nothing emotionally charged or "naive" about that.

You can play however you want for all i care, but if you play with other people especially in difficult dungeons, you should at least know the basics, nothing to do with the way you play your game, all to do with human decency, and by the way, that argument she made is the definition an emotional argument, didn't tackle my argument in any way, probably didn;t even read it, but rather calling me evil or having problems for not helping people who don't deserve help, probably because in her head she thinks that helping everyone is good even if they don;t deserve it or don;t care about it, well, i don;t think it is, it's a waste of time.

You can play with double bow, two handed etc, don;t care, just do something useful, if you can';t do that, then why are you even in the dungeon? You are not playing alone, there are other people with you, and you will most probably ruin the other's people fun if you are being dead weight, so honestly, this don't tell me how to play things, just seem like an excuse to be an extremely bad player who is dragging the whole team down, but still think you are in the right, even though you are not.
    Edited by JinMori on June 15, 2018 6:24PM
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I am not gonna base this on "how many times we wipe", I am gonna base it on what the ppl do and my knowledge of what needs to be done. If I see there is potential I am gonna tryhard to get through it. If I see a tank with 2h who lose taunt/turns into ww, healer that does not heal at all or dd who just does light attacks or heavy attacks and skill once in 10 seconds THEN yes I am gonna leave instantly after first wipe (considering DLC dungeon or dungeon like vCOA2, vCoH2). Wont be the case for easier dungeons where I can carry them through it without needing heal or tank and can just take some of the hits myself while dpsing more or less alone.
    If we spend more than half hour on just 1st boss of dungeon, then I leave, no one has all the time in the world to take that long for 1 boss out of many.

This is something very dependant on a situation. And as said, its to see if its possible to finish with the group that decides if I am gonna stay or not.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really depends on what caused the wipe/s. If the DPS is super low for the first mobs and we wipe on the first boss then I'm out. If DPS is good, healing good and maybe someone just messed up a mechanic somewhere it's not a big deal and I'll stay.
    PS4 NA
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It all depends on the progress being made. If people are working on getting better I will stay as long as they want to try.
    [DC/NA]
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    As I said, I don't agree with you, but, I can see why it might be taken as offense that you assume that everybody should "prepare". Honestly, it's a video game, not the SAT/ACTs and most players play to have fun. Mini-maxing (or Meta, if you will) is not well loved in any MMO and people who treat it as if the "know it all" or that the other player should just "know It" tend to get on people's last goats. At least, from my point of view, we have far too many people who simply can't be bothered to actually learn anything and expect to be treated as if they're the bee's knees simply because they exist. I readily admit that I suck, right up front, and that, while I know the basics, I'm still not very good. I don't see why admitting that is such a hard thing. Nobody's perfect and we are all fully aware that, if you don't spend an inordinate amount of time with a game (particularly an MMO), you just aren't going to be as good as some.
    I don't disagree with you, but, honestly, you just told a new player to go and watch 1,000 hours of gameplay and research the heck out the game and the mechanics, etc., etc., etc. How is that playing the game? Why? When did playing a game become a research project? Where's the fun in that? I can use the example of Deltia's builds. Love 'em, but, when we get to the part where you "need" or "require" this equipment or that equipment and this level or that is when I get bored. I don't want to be them, I want to be me.
    Is it possible that people want to learn, but want to learn by doing? I didn't learn to use software programs or do accounting or compliance work by reading and reading and reading and watching videos. I just did it and learned how. The same thing for doing plumbing and building a bookshelf and putting together that dern IKEA table I bought. Just do it. Some people don't learn by watching others and reading and researching. They just want to play, and being told they're losers and can't do anything right is a bit discouraging.
    And how, pray tell, do you learn the basics if no-one will tell you what they are and keep changing them every 10 seconds on the whims of those who love to say LTP? While I agree that you probably shouldn't be doing end-game content without knowing the basics, how did you get to end-game without knowing the basics in the first place.
    It seems like the contingent of "Play like I tell you to play or get out" and "You are only acceptable if you do it exactly the way we tell you to do it" and the "NO, you are not allowed to play the way you want to, you MUST play the way we tell you to or your out" contingent is going strong.
    Personally, I play how I want to play and if you don't like it, fig-off. Don't need you, don't want you. Not chasing achievements, trophies or leaderboards. Just doesn't matter.

'Not like this...'

And you would be completely wrong, i just care if you can do the content, i don;t give much of a f if you are not meta, what i want is for you to do the things you are required to, i will pick up some slack, but i won;t carry people who are just bad.

And you can learn to play in plenty of ways,m you don;t need to do vet content to learn, also, there is something called the internet, years ago you would have been justified when there wasn't any information, but now, there is just no excuse.

If you care you will do it, if you care, you will be willing to spend some time watching and learning the basics, and by the way, it's nowhere near the amount you suggested, it;s more like a few hours at most, and also, no, i did not say that, i never said that you need to learn absolutely everything i said the basics, not everything, just don;t be dead weight if you truly care, you will become better, but if you don;t, there is no point teaching you.

See, this is another problem i have with people, why do you have to take things out of context? even when we only slightly disagree on some things? Basics is basics, i never said , you need to know about EVERYTHING, you need to be pro mlg, otherwise i won;t be teaching you, guys, you need to listen, to what the other person is actually saying, not what you think he's saying.

Perhaps people would be more open to what you have to say if your posts weren't riddled with insults, disdain and your own assumptions that people are 'using' you.

Your posts just give me the creeps to be honest. It's hard to see the forest for the poo.

Insults? when did i ever say something that is actually offensive? i did not tell anyone to f off, or things like that, and honestly even then it's not that offensive, i would just brush it off, maybe the problem is that you are too easily offended and find offense in everything? ever thought about that?

Give me the creeps, Jesus Christ... Dude, if you get creeped out by some slightly harsh words there is no way you can live in the real world with other people, there will always be something that offends you, but honestly, there is no point spending time with you, you are a waste of time, and the only argument you made was an appeal to emotions, so i'm done with you.

Yes you did.

Not a dude, fam.

You come off like a screaming baby with leprosy. It needs handling, but no one wants to handle it.

Please save it.

It's quite funny, she tells me that i'm being offensive, and then she;s being more offensive then me, the irony, not that it matters all that much, just wanted to point it out, also, all we know is her word, did she actually do all those things, and even if she did i doubt she was in the front line, basically roleplaying as a military man, but that's beside the point.

So i will ask the question one last time more generally, where exactly am i wrong, in thinking that a person who doesn't prepare himself even slightly doesn't really care much, and therefore not deserving of help? Seem pretty logical to me, you don;t teach to people who don;t show interest, it;s like talking to a brick wall.

This question is in general, don;t really care about who answers it, just make an argument that is not based on emotions, like you are evil for not helping people, or garbage like that, which is basically what it boils down to.

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I am not gonna base this on "how many times we wipe", I am gonna base it on what the ppl do and my knowledge of what needs to be done. If I see there is potential I am gonna tryhard to get through it. If I see a tank with 2h who lose taunt/turns into ww, healer that does not heal at all or dd who just does light attacks or heavy attacks and skill once in 10 seconds THEN yes I am gonna leave instantly after first wipe (considering DLC dungeon or dungeon like vCOA2, vCoH2). Wont be the case for easier dungeons where I can carry them through it without needing heal or tank and can just take some of the hits myself while dpsing more or less alone.
    If we spend more than half hour on just 1st boss of dungeon, then I leave, no one has all the time in the world to take that long for 1 boss out of many.

This is something very dependant on a situation. And as said, its to see if its possible to finish with the group that decides if I am gonna stay or not.

I'm wondering if people know "what needs to be done" as well as you do. I know I don't.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    As I said, I don't agree with you, but, I can see why it might be taken as offense that you assume that everybody should "prepare". Honestly, it's a video game, not the SAT/ACTs and most players play to have fun. Mini-maxing (or Meta, if you will) is not well loved in any MMO and people who treat it as if the "know it all" or that the other player should just "know It" tend to get on people's last goats. At least, from my point of view, we have far too many people who simply can't be bothered to actually learn anything and expect to be treated as if they're the bee's knees simply because they exist. I readily admit that I suck, right up front, and that, while I know the basics, I'm still not very good. I don't see why admitting that is such a hard thing. Nobody's perfect and we are all fully aware that, if you don't spend an inordinate amount of time with a game (particularly an MMO), you just aren't going to be as good as some.

'Not like this...'

Yes you did.

Not a dude, fam.

Please save it.

Fine.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It has to be abundantly clear that the content has no chance of ever being completed and then usually I still give it another chance or two.

I had a buddy once who gave up trying to 2 man a dungeon with me because it was “impossible”. Then I killed the boss by myself. The only thing making it impossible was that I had to keep rezzing him. Haha.

Afterwards we had a long talk about never giving up in ESO or in life. Who says video games can’t lead to personal growth!
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It depends on how many people are the problem. If it's just one person clucking it all up then I'll stick around, however, if it's a couple of people, then my patience becomes far more limited.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    It depends on the dungeon, time of the day, my mood, how much time it is taking, etc.. not really so much about wipes.

I will say though, if you pugged for a vet or dlc dungeon and your tank has 21k health, and after your first wipe you ask if he has a taunt and he replies, "It'll be fine, just dodge-roll" unless you want to learn how to tank on your 19.5k health, light armor magsorc dps, I would leave.