The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sloads in Battle Grounds

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crafted a gold set of sloads, and I can't wait until they nerf it.

It's so cheesy.

Outside of group play on a scale where you need almost entirely AOE, I really don't see an argument for not running Sloads currently on any character that considers dealing damage as part of it's raison d'etre.

An easy comparison (and why I think some people continue to underestimate it) is with Viper2.0. Currently, viper tooltips as a 1600 DPS dot. Cool, that's about twice the tooltip of sloads! Of course, sloads is true damage, viper gets battlespirited...so viper's "real" tooltip is 800. But that's just a little less than sloads, right?

...but then Sloads ignores armor, viper has to go through armor. So against a heavy armor peep, viper is actually ticking for closer to 4-500. Less if they have a suite of defensive buffs...meanwhile Sloads is ticking along at 854. Oh, and even on light/medium players, that viper dot is doing 5-600, not 800--still a lot less than sloads. Huh.

AND THEN you count in the fact that sloads ignores shields, breaks cloak, etc. etc.

It's absurd. It's just a dot, it's a dot twice as powerful as a set that is generally considered to still be fairly strong. AND it brings unprecedented utility along with that, providing you with a cloak counter and a shield counter without you having to actually make any sacrifices as it's a top tier damage set as well!

Again, I play a magplar. I don't die to sloads. I use sloads. And holy molag this thing needs to just be removed from the game. I eagerly anticipate it deconning my shiny new gear. Until then, I'll be lightning heavy attacking like a toxic donkey.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikegundy wrote: »
    if 4 people all cast their ultimate on you, you die, how is this set any different?

You are comparing four people using an ultimate ability to a crafted five piece set. Please remove yourself from this discussion.

if 4 people are attacking you then yes you should die, and especially if they are all casting their ultimates on you at the same time. and if 4 people are all wearing sloads and attack you then it is the same exact thing.
    4 people are going to kill you no matter what their wearing and no matter what their casting or using is the point.
    the idea that 1 person can take on a group or a zerg is just stupid and THAT is what is broken, not the armor set, not the skill, no, its the broken and over powered builds that are the problem, not the skills and not the armor sets.

So basically you want to nerf anyone who plays by themselves? Solo players already have it hard enough, now you literally want to take away the chance to even have a fight.Why not just take away all skills/builds/everything and just make it a number game? If you have more people you automatically win, that sounds good right? No, no it does not.

no, i am not asking for a nerf.
    only asking for a Nerf to overpowered builds.
    i am 98% of the time solo.

Is it just me or does it seem like people with no friends complain the most, and constantly contradict themselves?
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now when i put on sload...i win every fights
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    akray21 wrote: »
    I was very much looking forward to BG's this patch with the changes to the matchmaking and the fact that they are now available for F2P players. That being said I have no fun in BG's in the current meta. It's all Sload's, recourse cost poisons, and proc sets. I can either play a stand-up build and perform sub-optimally, or I can join in the cheese and perform well while being bored of the stale combat. I have nothing good to say about the current state of BG's, or any PvP for that matter.

You get bout 7 seconds of fighting before a fight is decided. Pretty much the worst pvp from any MMO I have played.
    Word up.
    YO8czzV.jpg
    While the Shield Breaker user in this screenshot was in fact wearing Sload's - and I'm sure it contributed to my death as well, but there's only room for so many procs on the recap - the red team Sload's actually came from his teammate.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    If the set is so weak and has nothing to do with overcoming a skill gap, why then do people defend it like no tomorrow?

We have a winner. Seriously. If you listen carefully, you can hear dozens of Sloads advocates thinking "ummm....."
    Edited by Sandman929 on June 7, 2018 8:25PM
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5bgy82D.jpg

R2PzJ8B.jpg

Cleanse it a dozen times and you get loads more ticks on you instantly.

Full Support/Heal/Tank Build, even against one opponent it just keeps re applying....no matter what.

The proc chance is bugged 100% it is right now...

I even started using it on my full tank/heal/support build, I out survive pretty much all the other damage dealer players, keep my team alive, tank all their damage for group and sloads just slowly kills them with perma debuff because you can not cleanse it enough, it just keeps instantly re applying.

It is broken as hell. Way worse than bleeds.

Oblivion damage is stupid as hell anyway but it's the never ending reapplying 100% procs every second that is the broken part. Cleanse and it's back on you again before you can blink, even 1 vs 1....

Edited by Troneon on June 7, 2018 8:38PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    As a magsorc, what exactly is my counter to this?
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?
    Use healing ward, oh wait it goes through that.

39daabc74f9552e880bc778e2a3b73e3.png

63b0a296780a4099f0228a9ec7aeb034.png

It's insane to me that you can have 36k health in Zaan, Knightslayer, and Sloads and still do insane amounts of dmg with no counterplay. These free dmg sets(sloads, zaan, valkyn, duroks, etc.) need to be looked at immediately.

The first death recap you have 3 enemies on you, in non cp... You really expect to survive no matter what they are wearing? Lol... the second recap honestly you need something for healing. I assume you're running 3 shields? That's a BS defense that should be nerfed anyway. I guess this is the counter to shield stacking, as there should be a counter.

Sure, there are 3 enemies on him, but the only thing on his death recap is sloads.... which is... kinda the point...
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep,
    They completely screwed the game up.. Its terrible at the moment. Sloads.. Sorcs with Rune cage and meteor.. As much cheese procs as possible..

People run around thinking they are good running this BS....

Man Im sick of this game because BGs is all i do,.
    Options
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »
    Yep,
    They completely screwed the game up.. Its terrible at the moment. Sloads.. Sorcs with Rune cage and meteor.. As much cheese procs as possible..

People run around thinking they are good running this BS....

Man Im sick of this game because BGs is all i do,.

rune cage is pissing me off more than sloads ATM, but maybe its just been the luck of the draw of my matches.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kupoking wrote: »
    Mag sorcs got enough damage to kill a sload user before the dots start to stack.

Lol only if you’re good at mag and the other person sucks.
    if 4 people all cast their ultimate on you, you die, how is this set any different?

You are comparing four people using an ultimate ability to a crafted five piece set. Please remove yourself from this discussion.

if 4 people are attacking you then yes you should die, and especially if they are all casting their ultimates on you at the same time. and if 4 people are all wearing sloads and attack you then it is the same exact thing.
    4 people are going to kill you no matter what their wearing and no matter what their casting or using is the point.
    the idea that 1 person can take on a group or a zerg is just stupid and THAT is what is broken, not the armor set, not the skill, no, its the broken and over powered builds that are the problem, not the skills and not the armor sets.

You strike me as someone who gets 1vX’d a lot. That absolutely not true. What you’re talkign about is a game devoid of skill, where the outcome is decided entirely by sets and abilities. No thank you. It’s also funny that you’re criticizing OP sets while also defending one. My advice to you? Stop zerging. Get away from the group. Try some dueling, make an effort to step away from one button PvP, and maybe you’ll understand some day.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had the pleasure of coming up against a premade yesterday on my light armour MagWarden, which had a StamWarden with Sload and ShieldBreaker.

Very immersion, so skill, such counter-play, wow...
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    You guys all need to L2P. You are all scrubs. The pros said that its very easy to outheal it. :trollface:

Trolling with the truth, at least you are starting to learn...

Yeah you must be that pro alongside the dwemer paleologist guy who can't kill sorcs in a 20v1. On the other hand players like Gilliam are the scrubs that need to l2p. Whole new level of trolling. :D

But hey unlike last time you did manage to read correctly this time. That's something I guess. Baby steps.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Should a chess grandmaster lose to 50 amateur players he takes on in a simultaneous match (or, even more accurate, a consultation match)?

I want a proc-set named "Deep-Blue" then :smiley:
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    akray21 wrote: »
    I was very much looking forward to BG's this patch with the changes to the matchmaking and the fact that they are now available for F2P players. That being said I have no fun in BG's in the current meta. It's all Sload's, recourse cost poisons, and proc sets. I can either play a stand-up build and perform sub-optimally, or I can join in the cheese and perform well while being bored of the stale combat. I have nothing good to say about the current state of BG's, or any PvP for that matter.

You get bout 7 seconds of fighting before a fight is decided. Pretty much the worst pvp from any MMO I have played.
    Word up.
    YO8czzV.jpg
    While the Shield Breaker user in this screenshot was in fact wearing Sload's - and I'm sure it contributed to my death as well, but there's only room for so many procs on the recap - the red team Sload's actually came from his teammate.

Yeah. My thing is that well you might not die in 7 seconds, but the fight is decided on who is going to win in 7 seconds. One person typically goes on the defensive then can't outheal the damage they are taking and lose. Or, the fight ends up going 17 minutes because neither player can kill the other....
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set is really NOT balanced, but you're asking how to beat 4 players specially built to handle a magsorc.

Your counter is to not fight 1v4.
    Your counterplay is running away.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on June 11, 2018 2:09PM
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I had the pleasure of coming up against a premade yesterday on my light armour MagWarden, which had a StamWarden with Sload and ShieldBreaker.

Very immersion, so skill, such counter-play, wow...

Light magden is wrecked this patch.... gotta run heavy armor broski.
    Options
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    This set is really NOT balanced, but you're asking how to beat 4 players specially built to handle a magsorc.

I did try to run away but you cant outrun a dot, I was around the corner when I died.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did try to run away but you cant outrun a dot, I was around the corner when I died.

every patch we adjust our builds to continue to be a contender.
    i am able to remove the dot when i purge.

we have been tricked into thinking it is normal and ok to fight zergs solo, and to fight groups of people while you are alone.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 11, 2018 3:32PM
    Options
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a magsorc, what exactly is my counter to this?
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?
    Use healing ward, oh wait it goes through that.

39daabc74f9552e880bc778e2a3b73e3.png

63b0a296780a4099f0228a9ec7aeb034.png

It's insane to me that you can have 36k health in Zaan, Knightslayer, and Sloads and still do insane amounts of dmg with no counterplay. These free dmg sets(sloads, zaan, valkyn, duroks, etc.) need to be looked at immediately.

Gundy gets it. It's amazing how much of the player base doesn't.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is trash, I don't have to worry about it in BGs or in pvp, honestly I'm more concerned with this 46k-50k tank that I have seen running around, dude has pure AOE damage and kills people.
    Edited by regime211 on June 11, 2018 3:50PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

we have been tricked into thinking it is normal and ok to fight zergs solo, and to fight groups of people while you are alone.

We havent been tricked into anything. When the zergs are of your skill calibre then its more than normal to be able to take them. Thats because the skill difference is chaotic.

The only people who have been tricked are actually those zergs. They have been crutching on a bunch of broken things to carry them for so long to the point where they cant even tell that they are getting carried and actually believe they are good. Its quite funny. And whats even funnier is that those people are coming to the forums and telling people to L2P.
    Edited by pieratsos on June 11, 2018 4:22PM
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Sloads is trash, I don't have to worry about it in BGs or in pvp, honestly I'm more concerned with this 46k-50k tank that I have seen running around, dude has pure AOE damage and kills people.

Grothdar/valkyn skoria, duroks, overwhelming surge on a magden tank is cancer.... the aoe damage is ridiculous.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We havent been tricked into anything. When the zergs are of your skill calibre then its more than normal to be able to take them. Thats because the skill difference is chaotic.

The only people who have been tricked are actually those zergs. They have been crutching on a bunch of broken things to carry them for so long to the point where they cant even tell that they are getting carried and actually believe they are good. Its quite funny. And whats even funnier is that those people are coming to the forums and telling people to L2P.

i do not use sloads armor set. i am not promoting wearing it nor do i think it is a good set.
    infact, it is weak, and does almost no damage, the only time it will do alot of damage is if a group of people are all wearing it and they all target 1 person, which in this thread, is what the topic is about.

1 person was attacked by a group of people wearing sloads set.

if that happens and that person died then there is nothing wrong, infact that is normal for people to be killed if a group of people is attacking them.

overpowered builds are the problem, not the armor sets.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 11, 2018 5:09PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i do not use sloads armor set. i am not promoting wearing it nor do i think it is a good set.
    infact, it is weak, and does almost no damage, the only time it will do alot of damage is if a group of people are all wearing it and they all target 1 person, which in this thread, is what the topic is about.

if that happens and that person died then there is nothing wrong, infact that is normal for people to be killed if a group of people is attacking them.

Yeah you keep telling people that sets are not the issue and yet you are always so hell bent on defending those sets.

So tell me exactly if sets arent an issue what exactly are those "overpowered builds" you are talking about. Cause you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again without explaining what you are actually talking about. Its as if you thought this in ur sleep and actually believed that if you keep repeating it, it will make you sound knowledgeable or something.

P.S. If you find Sloads weak then u should go back to the basics of the game. Its a set ignoring all defense mechanics. If you cant make use of it then you really dont know anything about the game.
    Edited by pieratsos on June 11, 2018 6:00PM
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah you keep telling people that sets are not the issue and yet you are always so hell bent on defending those sets.

So tell me exactly if sets arent an issue what exactly are those "overpowered builds" you are talking about. Cause you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again without actually explaining what you are actually talking. Its as if you thought this in ur sleep and actually believed that if you keep repeating it, it will make you sound knowledgeable or something.

The dude must get 1vXd daily and is actually using this set to try and zerg people with what he deems as "overpowered builds".

Because there is no other explanation for his vehement defense of this busted set. He is both trying to bash skilled solo players as using overpowered builds, requiring Sloads as a balance tool while also claiming he is one of those players.

In other words he makes literally zero sense. Players like him should just learn how to play the game, instead of crutching on sets to do it for them.
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

So tell me exactly if sets arent an issue what exactly are those "overpowered builds" you are talking about. Cause you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again without actually explaining what you are actually talking. Its as if you thought this in ur sleep and actually believed that if you keep repeating it, it will make you sound knowledgeable or something.

The dude must get 1vXd daily and is actually using this set to try and zerg people with what he deems as "overpowered builds".

Because there is no other explanation for his vehement defense of this busted set. He is both trying to bash skilled solo players as using overpowered builds, requiring Sloads as a balance tool while also claiming he is one of those players.

In other words he makes literally zero sense. Players like him should just learn how to play the game, instead of crutching on sets to do it for them.

This crutch thing is kinda silly if you ask me. Most players probably just run what's good despite their personal skill level. Like I win BGs period, doesn't really matter what sets I run, so if I slot sload I doubt the outcome will be any different - though how I managed to win changed.

I would say Sload stands out IF it wasn't for Bleeds, Spin2win, Overload, Caluurion, Zaan, unblockable undodgeable CCs, 70k health builds and Defile builds didn't also exist.

In this meta sload isn't the only beast
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah i know that he gets 1vXed on the regular. Just trying to have some fun. :D
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This crutch thing is kinda silly if you ask me. Most players probably just run what's good despite their personal skill level. Like I win BGs period, doesn't really matter what sets I run, so if I slot sload I doubt the outcome will be any different - though how I managed to win changed.

I would say Sload stands out IF it wasn't for Bleeds, Spin2win, Overload, Caluurion, Zaan, unblockable undodgeable CCs, 70k health builds and Defile builds didn't also exist.

It's a crutch for the same reasons as sets like zaan and caluurion, and how viper used to be. Sloads just overshadows everything else because it breaks all the rules, it's oblivion damage so it cannot be mitigated by anything even battlespirit.

It doesn't matter what a good player wears, a good player will generally have success. This logic doesn't apply to people like dwemer_paleologist, because in every post he's complaining about "unkillable overpowered builds" or more accurately skilled players with well rounded builds.

So you mean to tell me you need a set that does unmitigatable damage for you, so you can beat "overpowered" players instead of just getting better at the game. It's just the latest tool for below average players to artificially elevate themselves.

The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a crutch for the same reasons as sets like zaan and caluurion, and how viper used to be. Sloads just overshadows everything else because it breaks all the rules, it's oblivion damage so it cannot be mitigated by anything even battlespirit.

It doesn't matter what a good player wears, a good player will generally have success. This logic doesn't apply to people like dwemer_paleologist, because in every post he's complaining about "unkillable overpowered builds" or more accurately skilled players with well rounded builds.

So you mean to tell me you need a set that does unmitigatable damage for you, so you can beat "overpowered" players instead of just getting better at the game. It's just the latest tool for below average players to artificially elevate themselves.

I'm trying very hard to stay away from specifically talking about individuals ;)

But generally speaking, I don't know how much better a set like Sloads would actually improve a player alone. In a group I absolutely see the huge advantage - just not so much alone

And in groups or large groups I'm like - weak sauce PvP.

10+ players chasing 2 is just stupid game play to me. I've come to loath Cyrodiil and it's lack of small PvP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm trying very hard to stay away from specifically talking about individuals ;)

But generally speaking, I don't know how much better a set like Sloads would actually improve a player alone. In a group I absolutely see the huge advantage - just not so much alone

And in groups or large groups I'm like - weak sauce PvP.

10+ players chasing 2 is just stupid game play to me. I've come to loath Cyrodiil and it's lack of small PvP

Sloads is probably highly situational and inconsistent for 1v1s, not that great for 1vX and probably nothing spectacular in large group v large group.

Sloads is overly powerful in one situation that comes to mind for me, stacking the DoT in Xv1. There are good players with solid builds I'd never had a chance at winning a 1v2 against, but sub par players shouldn't be able to just stack 10 in a group and chase you around with Sloads. Every one I'm coming across in Cyrodiil is using Sloads, the tanks, the healers, the damage dealers.
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options