The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sloads in Battle Grounds

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    mikegundy wrote: »
    As a magsorc, what exactly is my counter to this?
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?
    Use healing ward, oh wait it goes through that.

39daabc74f9552e880bc778e2a3b73e3.png

63b0a296780a4099f0228a9ec7aeb034.png

It's insane to me that you can have 36k health in Zaan, Knightslayer, and Sloads and still do insane amounts of dmg with no counterplay. These free dmg sets(sloads, zaan, valkyn, duroks, etc.) need to be looked at immediately.

The first death recap you have 3 enemies on you, in non cp... You really expect to survive no matter what they are wearing? Lol... the second recap honestly you need something for healing. I assume you're running 3 shields? That's a BS defense that should be nerfed anyway. I guess this is the counter to shield stacking, as there should be a counter.

Since when facing 3 enemies is a death sentence? Are we even playing the same game? In no-cp I've killed 5-6 enemies with a debuff build that has 1600 spell power.

I can get 3 friends to 3v1 you in a no CP environment and I guarentee you will not kill any of use or live through the damage. 5 to 6 enemies against you? I bet we drop you in 3 seconds. You're killing scrubs if your 1v6ing people dude. Duroks build eh? So what do you do when 6 people are fighting you and one is running a duroks build and the others are all in tanky healing/damage builds with proc sets meta builds? Get outta here with that "I 1v6 people all the time" crap. You 1v6 people who have no clue what they are doing.

That is exactly what Im doing and where the problem is. Those 5-6 scrubs can now equip Sload+Valkyns and have a greater chance at killing without effort.

Raising the bottom and lowering the top, closing the gap between skilled and skilless players as Rich Lambert said.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?

It's insane to me that you can have 36k health in Zaan, Knightslayer, and Sloads and still do insane amounts of dmg with no counterplay. These free dmg sets(sloads, zaan, valkyn, duroks, etc.) need to be looked at immediately.

The first death recap you have 3 enemies on you, in non cp... You really expect to survive no matter what they are wearing? Lol... the second recap honestly you need something for healing. I assume you're running 3 shields? That's a BS defense that should be nerfed anyway. I guess this is the counter to shield stacking, as there should be a counter.

Since when facing 3 enemies is a death sentence? Are we even playing the same game? In no-cp I've killed 5-6 enemies with a debuff build that has 1600 spell power.

I can get 3 friends to 3v1 you in a no CP environment and I guarentee you will not kill any of use or live through the damage. 5 to 6 enemies against you? I bet we drop you in 3 seconds. You're killing scrubs if your 1v6ing people dude. Duroks build eh? So what do you do when 6 people are fighting you and one is running a duroks build and the others are all in tanky healing/damage builds with proc sets meta builds? Get outta here with that "I 1v6 people all the time" crap. You 1v6 people who have no clue what they are doing.

On the bolded part, it goes without question. But the question's why do we need to give free dmg to players and keep raising the floor that way?

I mean I can just keep light attacking someone with my stamsorc build and I'll proc viper, sload, twin blade & blunt bleed and zaan and do >30k dmg to someone being Xv1'ed. With just light attacks. Why? Why do we need to raise the floor so much that players don't need to learn to play the game and they can just let the sets carry them to kills? It didn't use to be this way.

Edited by Maulkin on May 31, 2018 7:27PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?

yes even 4 players you can survive if you know what to do and/or youa re builded for situations like this, atlest normal good player is able to ruveve short time and run away on sorc but you see what you see....no HoT are goona save you and sorcs dont have any good burst heal than healing ward for whcih also need to wait 6 seconds before heal after cast

Healing ward isnt really a burst heal though... It's a shield that heals you over time (after 6 seconds). Not sure what "able to revuve short time and run" means. A HoT with a burst heal like dark conversion WILL save you. Ive never seen a player in battlegrounds survive 4 people beating on them except for MAYBE a tank that is built to permablock and deal 0 damage, 0 healing. Played over 600 battleground matches. As an auditor (professional expertise in coming to a conclusion based on evidence), I believe observation of 600 matches played is a fair amount of evidence to reasonably state you cannot survive 4 players all beating on you and survive in no cp battlegrounds. Rebuffs alone would be ridiculous... defile, resistance debuff, dots, vulnerability, status effects.... come on man lol.

sorry but was texting a bit to fast, that was mean "survive" at start
    and yes, healing ward isnt trully burst heal but iths mag sorc only instant high heal

and no, did you seen those recaps on sorc recap? 3x sloads at once and ofc there was other any dots and damage which was on shield and not displayed on recap so if you know how pvp look you should know in situation like this whcih we had in recap there was no way to spam casting over 1 sec healing which also dont heal you into full health from below 50% on pvp

and optionally hot will be able to outher 3x sload...but that will be needed few HoTs ad single are really weak especially on non cp but in situation like this from recap you should know hot whont help because:

3 palyers on you, mostly you have no chance to do anythin else than shieldstack for survive, then on normla damage yes, you normally can survive
    but here w have problem, where sorc have problem to stay alive at 3 attackers sjust spamming shields where is time to use altlest 1 HoT? which also can be on other swapbar, jsut 1 second not recasting shields and you have no shields agains few attacker and you are melted if you was not lucky and not spammed streak to LoS but even it is insanely hard whiel you have ticking few sload at once at you and other dots whiel probably beign spammed by any range abilities lie jsut light attacks to proc again sload

Hobestly i see no issue with sloads at all. In a 1v1 fights it can be negated. In a 1v2 still could be manageable. 1v3 you shouldn't be able to just shield stack and negate all damage. That's crap. Don't care what you think sorcs should and shouldn't be able to do. They have to have a counter. And needing 3 to 4 people to even get your shields down is not a counter. So sloads is the counter to shield stacking and honestly it's about damn time. Sick of the sorcs stacking massive shields and nightblades cloaking everything. Sload it up. Hope everyone uses it.

so you have issue with sorc who cant do anything else than shieldstack while outnumbere but then you dont have problem with tanks tanking more than 3 people and still able to kill them via procs?
    just guesssing as you didint mention that
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King
    2h back bar, FM, Boundless, Streak, Dampen, Surge Atro ult (passives)

Front: staff + what you want, back bar is the tip here

With 2h, FM and TK with sorc passives in BGs you have over 3k health regen - afaik TK still isn't affected by Defile

GTFO from your opponents with snare and root immunity, FM procs TK (and the small HoT will cover approximately half of the Oblivion damage alone) boundless for expedition and streak for GTFO (can also use ball)

Potions can allow you to change up the abilities - but same idea

Your other set can be defensive or offensive depending on your style
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?

On the bolded part, it goes without question. But the question's why do we need to give free dmg to players and keep raising the floor that way?

I mean I can just keep light attacking someone with my stamsorc build and I'll proc viper, sload, twin blade & blunt bleed and zaan and do >30k dmg to someone being Xv1'ed. With just light attacks. Why? Why do we need to raise the floor so much that players don't need to learn to play the game and they can just let the sets carry them to kills? It didn't use to be this way.

Because they created a serious imbalance in pvp and can't figure out how to fix it so they are coming up with bad ideas. Dunno how else to explain it.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?

yes even 4 players you can survive if you know what to do and/or youa re builded for situations like this, atlest normal good player is able to ruveve short time and run away on sorc but you see what you see....no HoT are goona save you and sorcs dont have any good burst heal than healing ward for whcih also need to wait 6 seconds before heal after cast

Healing ward isnt really a burst heal though... It's a shield that heals you over time (after 6 seconds). Not sure what "able to revuve short time and run" means. A HoT with a burst heal like dark conversion WILL save you. Ive never seen a player in battlegrounds survive 4 people beating on them except for MAYBE a tank that is built to permablock and deal 0 damage, 0 healing. Played over 600 battleground matches. As an auditor (professional expertise in coming to a conclusion based on evidence), I believe observation of 600 matches played is a fair amount of evidence to reasonably state you cannot survive 4 players all beating on you and survive in no cp battlegrounds. Rebuffs alone would be ridiculous... defile, resistance debuff, dots, vulnerability, status effects.... come on man lol.

and yes, healing ward isnt trully burst heal but iths mag sorc only instant high heal

and no, did you seen those recaps on sorc recap? 3x sloads at once and ofc there was other any dots and damage which was on shield and not displayed on recap so if you know how pvp look you should know in situation like this whcih we had in recap there was no way to spam casting over 1 sec healing which also dont heal you into full health from below 50% on pvp

and optionally hot will be able to outher 3x sload...but that will be needed few HoTs ad single are really weak especially on non cp but in situation like this from recap you should know hot whont help because:

3 palyers on you, mostly you have no chance to do anythin else than shieldstack for survive, then on normla damage yes, you normally can survive
    but here w have problem, where sorc have problem to stay alive at 3 attackers sjust spamming shields where is time to use altlest 1 HoT? which also can be on other swapbar, jsut 1 second not recasting shields and you have no shields agains few attacker and you are melted if you was not lucky and not spammed streak to LoS but even it is insanely hard whiel you have ticking few sload at once at you and other dots whiel probably beign spammed by any range abilities lie jsut light attacks to proc again sload

Hobestly i see no issue with sloads at all. In a 1v1 fights it can be negated. In a 1v2 still could be manageable. 1v3 you shouldn't be able to just shield stack and negate all damage. That's crap. Don't care what you think sorcs should and shouldn't be able to do. They have to have a counter. And needing 3 to 4 people to even get your shields down is not a counter. So sloads is the counter to shield stacking and honestly it's about damn time. Sick of the sorcs stacking massive shields and nightblades cloaking everything. Sload it up. Hope everyone uses it.

so you have issue with sorc who cant do anything else than shieldstack while outnumbere but then you dont have problem with tanks tanking more than 3 people and still able to kill them via procs?

I'm not seeing any tanks able to do what you are stating so I dunno what you're referring to. Do you have a video example? Yes I have an issue with a class being able to cast 3 massive shields and survive against multiple enemies while still being able to deal huge amounts of burst, woth the best escape mechanics in the game, and the best execute in the game. Fair answer?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

With 2h, FM and TK with sorc passives in BGs you have over 3k health regen - afaik TK still isn't affected by Defile

GTFO from your opponents with snare and root immunity, FM procs TK (and the small HoT will cover approximately half of the Oblivion damage alone) boundless for expedition and streak for GTFO (can also use ball)

Troll king is definitely affected by defile just like all health recovery.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

Have you tested it? I know it's supposed to, last test (on PTS mind you) was that TK itself wasn't - the base recovery was

Edit: oh Hutch, you're also console, can you even test? I dunno how reliable tests done on console are, especially regarding health regen. Maybe you should get a PC bud to do it for you.
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 31, 2018 7:53PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

Have you tested it? I know it's supposed to, last test (on PTS mind you) was that TK itself wasn't - the base recovery was

Edit: oh Hutch, you're also console, can you even test? I dunno how reliable tests done on console are, especially regarding health regen. Maybe you should get a PC bud to do it for you.

Doesn't the tooltip in the character menu change once you get defiled?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?

Sload's showing up from 3 different people doesn't actually mean that he was being focus fired by them. In fact, he might have been mostly ignored, and got the proc from incidental AOEs or a stray light attack. Or maybe they focus fired him but he escaped almost immediately, and they switched off to someone else. He could still eat 2 Sload procs from a single DOT.

And for the record, Blue Betty is not a counter to Sload's. If you're dueling someone that isn't using other DOTs, I suppose you can avoid some of the Sload's damage, but in a BG? Yea, good luck with that. Seems like most Stam players open up with a Rending Slashes now, which takes 2 Netch casts to clear, and when you factor in the potential for a lot of other DOTs and debuffs, plus Sload's having such incredibly high uptime, Netch is only viable if you're not being attacked anymore. 'Course, if you still have other DOT's and Debuffs stacked up, you may very well eat most/all of the Sload's damage before the Netch gets to it.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on May 31, 2018 8:02PM
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

sorry slight off topic and
    maybe my coffee just hasnt kicked in yet, but ive seen more than one person talking about running 2h w/sorc. -Can someone explain to me why this is a thing right now?
    Edited by HeathenDeacon on May 31, 2018 8:27PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

The base Regen does, so the tooltip will decrease, not nearly as much as supposed to. I, however, have not tested it recently and even longer on live.

Each update since then could have fixed it. It's something I plan on testing asap.
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

maybe my coffee just hasnt kicked in yet, but ive seen more than one person talking about running 2h w/sorc. -Can someone explain to me why this is a thing right now?

Well it was viable pre 2h counting as 2, but especially now it's not gonna hinder you.

But FM gives a very long snare and root immunity, the one thing that slowed a sorc down. With that, a sorc can GTFO almost unparalleled.

The 2h passives also boost your attacks (2h sword) and if say your wrath kills someone while you are on that, you get those "if you kill..." 2h passives.

The 2h ult is pretty nifty, as they scale to Max stats, there's no downside to run them in no CP (BGs)

And then you look cool
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?

I'm not seeing any tanks able to do what you are stating so I dunno what you're referring to. Do you have a video example? Yes I have an issue with a class being able to cast 3 massive shields and survive against multiple enemies while still being able to deal huge amounts of burst, woth the best escape mechanics in the game, and the best execute in the game. Fair answer?

well I havnt seen sorc stacking 3 shields at once and still be able to kill anyone with this pressure without specific terrain to kite them wince hmmm...2 years?
    dont have videos as I dont record any but if you ever played on cyro you should know its even common how people 1vx not only against noobs and they succesfuly killing them via just proc sets and then simple combo to finish someone at low health
    you can alone look for 1vx videos, they arnt to hard to find
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybfs8eOm7oI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMkClqP0TAY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVTW_EQocU

never look before on yt for any videos from pvp because I dont wathich but this is why I get after moment looking for 1vx
    and do they look for people in light or medium armor without resists?
    Edited by Edziu on May 31, 2018 8:46PM
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    you have to be willing to do 2 things to fight sloads.

1) slot and use the alliance skill "Purge"
    and you might have to cast it twice to remove sloads but it does work and it will remove sloads curse.
    sloads only procs every 6 seconds and also it only has a 10% chance to proc, so you do have a while once you remove sloads to fight back against the sloads set wearer.

2) be willing to adjust your build
    just like others have said previously, adjusting your build for defense and sloting a bit more into health, instead of running Pure Damage build is the best place to start.

if you refuse to do those two things then you will have a hard time with not only sloads but ALL sets that proc damage to you.

1) So i should slot a ~4kish cost purge and have to cast it twice to get rid of a dot that will be put back on me in less than 4 seconds? Also I'm not sure any dps build can sustain purge spam in cp let alone no-cp.

2) I run a sustain build. I shouldn't have to change my entire build to counter 1 set.

Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    Blue betty on a mag warden combined with heals should be able to handle sloads no problem. Sorcs only slot healing ward for heals which is why they are complaining. Honestly, it's a great counter to shield stackers. To everyone else it's just another dot. No one was complaining about viper. But sloads is just "too much". I'm on console so I haven't played against it. But I base all my builds on having tankiness and healing while being able to burst. Not really concerned tbh.

No one complains about viper because I can actually use my defenses (shields) against it. Sloads mitigated every defense a sorc has.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

TK is affected by defile. And why am I supposed to change my entire build to combat a single set. That doesn't make sense to me.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue betty on a mag warden combined with heals should be able to handle sloads no problem. Sorcs only slot healing ward for heals which is why they are complaining. Honestly, it's a great counter to shield stackers. To everyone else it's just another dot. No one was complaining about viper. But sloads is just "too much". I'm on console so I haven't played against it. But I base all my builds on having tankiness and healing while being able to burst. Not really concerned tbh.

No one complains about viper because I can actually use my defenses (shields) against it. Sloads mitigated every defense a sorc has.

Except healing which all classes should have to do.
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭

Except healing which all classes should have to do.

My heal is a timed burst heal. While I wait for it to go off sloads is still doing dmg to me that i can not mitigate.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?

skilled and skilless players as Rich Lambert said.

can you please show me the link or utube video or where Rich Lambert made that quote about there being skilless players?
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?

I'm not expecting to survive no matter what, I'm expecting to at least have a chance to get away and reset the fight. Sloads does not give me that chance.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

The base Regen does, so the tooltip will decrease, not nearly as much as supposed to. I, however, have not tested it recently and even longer on live.

Each update since then could have fixed it. It's something I plan on testing asap.
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

Well it was viable pre 2h counting as 2, but especially now it's not gonna hinder you.

But FM gives a very long snare and root immunity, the one thing that slowed a sorc down. With that, a sorc can GTFO almost unparalleled.

The 2h passives also boost your attacks (2h sword) and if say your wrath kills someone while you are on that, you get those "if you kill..." 2h passives.

The 2h ult is pretty nifty, as they scale to Max stats, there's no downside to run them in no CP (BGs)

And then you look cool
    right on, thanks for breakdown. hadnt thought about the snare/root immunity synergizing so well w/ sorc style .

Before i took a break around HOTR i was running 2h on MAgden for the exec ute, and yes it looks badass.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

TK is affected by defile. And why am I supposed to change my entire build to combat a single set. That doesn't make sense to me.

Why do you think your build should be effective against everything?

That doesn't make sense to me

Edit: and I'm referencing the mentality, not sload necessarily. Many people think, "why should I change my build?" - because the meta changed. New things were just released, why would you think what you ran before would still function the same - esp in ESO
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 31, 2018 10:54PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

Edit: and I'm referencing the mentality, not sload necessarily. Many people think, "why should I change my build?" - because the meta changed. New things were just released, why would you think what you ran before would still function the same - esp in ESO

My build has changed since last patch, I have much more sustain now. Sloads is still unmitigated on magsorc, our HoTs suck, surge is a small heal that requires me to go offensive, healing ward takes 6 seconds to go (if its not broken by somebody), purge is not practical on any build thats not built for purge spam. Magsorc cannot out heal 1k dps sloads while also being beat on by all the other skills that the player is using.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

purge is not practical on any build thats not built for purge spam.

that just isnt true.
    i play a stamina nightblade and i can cast purge and i do cast purge. it is necessary for bleeds and sloads and Many other things.

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

that just isnt true.
    i play a stamina nightblade and i can cast purge and i do cast purge. it is necessary for bleeds and sloads and Many other things.

You're funny. Best post of the day.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

that just isnt true.

it wasnt a joke. i am being serious.

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

that just isnt true.

so you sold your sold to RNGsus, doesnt you?
    as you have no problem as stamina to purge efficient what it want in 1st cast, in the worst situation in 2nd cast
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna survive?

Troll King

that just isnt true.

Don't just tease, show some action!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    The dot from this set should not stack. That being said: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Wyrd+Tree's+Blessing+Set

It doesn't really work in BGs because the dot gets reapplied multiple times before the set will proc again. I tried.

But with all the bleeds plus Sloads, and jewelry re-traiting, this set probably deserves to get more popular open world.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for someone to use Zaan+Relequen+sload + Master Daggers on backbar
    You can light attack your way through No CP bgs
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar