The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads in Battle Grounds

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OdinForge wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    mikegundy wrote: »
    This set is really NOT balanced, but you're asking how to beat 4 players specially built to handle a magsorc.

Your counter is to not fight 1v4.
    Your counterplay is running away.

I did try to run away but you cant outrun a dot, I was around the corner when I died.

every patch we adjust our builds to continue to be a contender.
    i am able to remove the dot when i purge.

we have been tricked into thinking it is normal and ok to fight zergs solo, and to fight groups of people while you are alone.

We havent been tricked into anything. When the zergs are of your skill calibre then its more than normal to be able to take them. Thats because the skill difference is chaotic.

The only people who have been tricked are actually those zergs. They have been crutching on a bunch of broken things to carry them for so long to the point where they cant even tell that they are getting carried and actually believe they are good. Its quite funny. And whats even funnier is that those people are coming to the forums and telling people to L2P.

i do not use sloads armor set. i am not promoting wearing it nor do i think it is a good set.
    infact, it is weak, and does almost no damage, the only time it will do alot of damage is if a group of people are all wearing it and they all target 1 person, which in this thread, is what the topic is about.

1 person was attacked by a group of people wearing sloads set.

if that happens and that person died then there is nothing wrong, infact that is normal for people to be killed if a group of people is attacking them.

overpowered builds are the problem, not the armor sets.

Yeah you keep telling people that sets are not the issue and yet you are always so hell bent on defending those sets.

So tell me exactly if sets arent an issue what exactly are those "overpowered builds" you are talking about. Cause you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again without actually explaining what you are actually talking. Its as if you thought this in ur sleep and actually believed that if you keep repeating it, it will make you sound knowledgeable or something.

The dude must get 1vXd daily and is actually using this set to try and zerg people with what he deems as "overpowered builds".

Because there is no other explanation for his vehement defense of this busted set. He is both trying to bash skilled solo players as using overpowered builds, requiring Sloads as a balance tool while also claiming he is one of those players.

In other words he makes literally zero sense. Players like him should just learn how to play the game, instead of crutching on sets to do it for them.

This crutch thing is kinda silly if you ask me. Most players probably just run what's good despite their personal skill level. Like I win BGs period, doesn't really matter what sets I run, so if I slot sload I doubt the outcome will be any different - though how I managed to win changed.

I would say Sload stands out IF it wasn't for Bleeds, Spin2win, Overload, Caluurion, Zaan, unblockable undodgeable CCs, 70k health builds and Defile builds didn't also exist.

In this meta sload isn't the only beast

It's a crutch for the same reasons as sets like zaan and caluurion, and how viper used to be. Sloads just overshadows everything else because it breaks all the rules, it's oblivion damage so it cannot be mitigated by anything even battlespirit.

It doesn't matter what a good player wears, a good player will generally have success. This logic doesn't apply to people like dwemer_paleologist, because in every post he's complaining about "unkillable overpowered builds" or more accurately skilled players with well rounded builds.

So you mean to tell me you need a set that does unmitigatable damage for you, so you can beat "overpowered" players instead of just getting better at the game. It's just the latest tool for below average players to artificially elevate themselves.

i made it very clear now several times that i do not wear sloads set because it is weak set and does almost no damage.

Sload’s Semblance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus
    (2 items) 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) 129 Spell Damage - 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

that is a weak set.
    it does almost no damage.

i do not use sloads armor set. i am not promoting wearing it nor do i think it is a good set.
    infact, it is weak, and does almost no damage, the only time it will do alot of damage is if a group of people are all wearing it and they all target 1 person, which in this thread, is what the topic is about.

if that happens and that person died then there is nothing wrong, infact that is normal for people to be killed if a group of people is attacking them.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 11, 2018 6:56PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is really NOT balanced, but you're asking how to beat 4 players specially built to handle a magsorc.

I did try to run away but you cant outrun a dot, I was around the corner when I died.

we have been tricked into thinking it is normal and ok to fight zergs solo, and to fight groups of people while you are alone.

We havent been tricked into anything. When the zergs are of your skill calibre then its more than normal to be able to take them. Thats because the skill difference is chaotic.

The only people who have been tricked are actually those zergs. They have been crutching on a bunch of broken things to carry them for so long to the point where they cant even tell that they are getting carried and actually believe they are good. Its quite funny. And whats even funnier is that those people are coming to the forums and telling people to L2P.

Yeah you keep telling people that sets are not the issue and yet you are always so hell bent on defending those sets.

So tell me exactly if sets arent an issue what exactly are those "overpowered builds" you are talking about. Cause you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again without actually explaining what you are actually talking. Its as if you thought this in ur sleep and actually believed that if you keep repeating it, it will make you sound knowledgeable or something.

The dude must get 1vXd daily and is actually using this set to try and zerg people with what he deems as "overpowered builds".

Because there is no other explanation for his vehement defense of this busted set. He is both trying to bash skilled solo players as using overpowered builds, requiring Sloads as a balance tool while also claiming he is one of those players.

In other words he makes literally zero sense. Players like him should just learn how to play the game, instead of crutching on sets to do it for them.

This crutch thing is kinda silly if you ask me. Most players probably just run what's good despite their personal skill level. Like I win BGs period, doesn't really matter what sets I run, so if I slot sload I doubt the outcome will be any different - though how I managed to win changed.

I would say Sload stands out IF it wasn't for Bleeds, Spin2win, Overload, Caluurion, Zaan, unblockable undodgeable CCs, 70k health builds and Defile builds didn't also exist.

It's a crutch for the same reasons as sets like zaan and caluurion, and how viper used to be. Sloads just overshadows everything else because it breaks all the rules, it's oblivion damage so it cannot be mitigated by anything even battlespirit.

It doesn't matter what a good player wears, a good player will generally have success. This logic doesn't apply to people like dwemer_paleologist, because in every post he's complaining about "unkillable overpowered builds" or more accurately skilled players with well rounded builds.

So you mean to tell me you need a set that does unmitigatable damage for you, so you can beat "overpowered" players instead of just getting better at the game. It's just the latest tool for below average players to artificially elevate themselves.

i made it very clear now several times that i do not wear sloads set because it is weak set and does almost no damage.

Sload’s Semblance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

that is a weak set.

Dude. The damage is significant. It's essentially a 1700 tool tip per sec. With mitigation it's realistically a tooltip of 2k per sec

This puts it on par with stationary AoEs like winter's revenge and LL, yet is a "sticky" dot

I am still enjoying how you are expressing your opinions though.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Sloads is trash, I don't have to worry about it in BGs or in pvp, honestly I'm more concerned with this 46k-50k tank that I have seen running around, dude has pure AOE damage and kills people.

Have you tried just walking away?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone talking about sloads when the real problem is steel tornado builds... smh. Stay woke
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to be willing to do 2 things to fight sloads.

1) slot and use the alliance skill "Purge"
    and you might have to cast it twice to remove sloads but it does work and it will remove sloads curse.
    sloads only procs every 6 seconds and also it only has a 10% chance to proc, so you do have a while once you remove sloads to fight back against the sloads set wearer.

2) be willing to adjust your build
    just like others have said previously, adjusting your build for defense and sloting a bit more into health, instead of running Pure Damage build is the best place to start.

if you refuse to do those two things then you will have a hard time with not only sloads but ALL sets that proc damage to you.

1) So i should slot a ~4kish cost purge and have to cast it twice to get rid of a dot that will be put back on me in less than 4 seconds? Also I'm not sure any dps build can sustain purge spam in cp let alone no-cp.

2) I run a sustain build. I shouldn't have to change my entire build to counter 1 set.

Slot a templar on your team. Problem solved.

But seriously, yes. Adapt and survive. Sloads is only a threat to those who refuse to counter it. Purge, heal, do what you have to do and you remove their ability to kill you.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I see, can't blame you cause its impossible to tell when someone is using sloads, untill you're tagged by its proc, and then its too late.. Unless you have a dedicated healer there really isn't much you can do about this set. The only counterplay is healing through or purging it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on June 12, 2018 6:56PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol it's really underwhelming. I mean it's a good set, but it does not match the hype even the slightest. Zaan needs a massive nerf hammer when it comes to PvP effectiveness.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Lol it's really underwhelming. I mean it's a good set, but it does not match the hype even the slightest. Zaan needs a massive nerf hammer when it comes to PvP effectiveness.

Well if you have a hot it's not an issue, something which mag sorcs don't have.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sload’s Semblance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus

that is a weak set.

Dude. The damage is significant. It's essentially a 1700 tool tip per sec. With mitigation it's realistically a tooltip of 2k per sec

This puts it on par with stationary AoEs like winter's revenge and LL, yet is a "sticky" dot

It's the highest PvP DPS set in the game. The guy you're quoting is a troll - nobody is as consistently wrong as he is.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's time that we all wear sloads, only group with people wearing sloads, and ensure our guilds are fully sloaded.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    I think it's time that we all wear sloads, only group with people wearing sloads, and ensure our guilds are fully sloaded.

Don't sload me bro!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't sload me bro!

I'm gonna sload you.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't know where you've been the last 2 weeks, but that's exactly what's been happening
    EU | PC | AD
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

I don't know where you've been the last 2 weeks, but that's exactly what's been happening
    KZOFe0l.gif

Edited by exeeter702 on June 13, 2018 11:21PM
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

How do you know?
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this is the lowest position ZoS could ever down to. Well this set -amongst all other stupidity- just destroyed magnb as a class. There's no such skill as cloak right now.

I'm really amazed with Summerset chapter being a total visual feast, quests being awesome and all. But this marketing is beyond reasonable.

Played 7900 hours, offered this game to hunderds of people -tens of them actually bought it- and just decided to not sub anymore. I just won't pay a single penny more to this hunger.
    PC|EU
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this is the lowest position ZoS could ever down to. Well this set -amongst all other stupidity- just destroyed magnb as a class. There's no such skill as cloak right now.

I'm really amazed with Summerset chapter being a total visual feast, quests being awesome and all. But this marketing is beyond reasonable.

Played 7900 hours, offered this game to hunderds of people -tens of them actually bought it- and just decided to not sub anymore. I just won't pay a single penny more to this hunger.

Get sloaded.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who is responsible for allowing this set to exist in its current iteration longer than the week it took on PTS to identify it being incredibly overpowered when multiple are stacked?
    Edited by usmcjdking on June 14, 2018 12:53AM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Who is responsible for allowing this set to exist in its current iteration longer than the week it took on PTS to identify it being incredibly overpowered when multiple are stacked?

It's the same person responsible for my canceled ESO Plus. I am done with this game until they actually attempt balance.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »

It's the same person responsible for my canceled ESO Plus. I am done with this game until they actually attempt balance.

You mean where every class is on par?

Not gonna happen.

I'm telling you guys.

It's round robin of whom gets to be at top. There will always be a class or set providing more bang for your buck than all the others
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 14, 2018 1:40AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea that someone can just light attack you with zaan and sloads without any real skill and win is kind of cringey.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea that someone can just light attack you with zaan and sloads without any real skill and win is kind of cringey.

only a group of people wearing sloads can do that to you, not 1 person.
    and by the way, you cant die to zaan unless you stand directly in front of it till your dead.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 14, 2018 2:43AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am dying to know who you are in game lol

only a group of people wearing sloads can do that to you, not 1 person.
    and by the way, you cant die to zaan unless you stand directly in front of it till your dead.

I know this may seem like a shock to a snipe spammer like you, but believe it or not the person wearing zaans can also move. Sometimes they even move in the same direction and at the same speed as the person they've procced zaan on.

These are some super advanced PvP concepts im bringing up here. maybe i should make a youtube video.

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Sload’s Semblance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus

that is a weak set.

It's the highest PvP DPS set in the game. The guy you're quoting is a troll - nobody is as consistently wrong as he is.
    I know the guy from pre-launch ESO forums and can asure you he is not a troll. That just makes it all the more sad. All that people like him care about is how to make their own class better and how to make classes they don't play weaker. And they come up with the most ridiculous arguments you can imagine to enforce their views.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    you have to be willing to do 2 things to fight sloads.

1) slot and use the alliance skill "Purge"
    and you might have to cast it twice to remove sloads but it does work and it will remove sloads curse.
    sloads only procs every 6 seconds and also it only has a 10% chance to proc, so you do have a while once you remove sloads to fight back against the sloads set wearer.

2) be willing to adjust your build
    just like others have said previously, adjusting your build for defense and sloting a bit more into health, instead of running Pure Damage build is the best place to start.

if you refuse to do those two things then you will have a hard time with not only sloads but ALL sets that proc damage to you.

Nobody outside of mag can afford purge. Let alone twice on a 8k or 9k mag pool please... It is a nasty cheese lol when a single set totally negates a whole class defense mechanism and 95 percent of people in bg's wears it is a problem... It should not stack and also a longer cooldown should be added period. I can't believe people are defending this garbage... And you can combine it with double dot poisons or even add vice canon , sheer venom or viper! Hell yeah let's all do it! And maybe when enough ppl cry about it then maybe they will do something....lol
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go SLOAD or GO Cry !
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's viper 1.0 all over again... lol.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone defending sload’s ignoring the comparison with other 5 piece single target DOT proc sets?

- sload’s semblance: 853 oblivion damage per second for 6 seconds
    - viper’s sting: 800 poison damage per second for 4 seconds
    - sheer venom: 702 poison damage per second for 6 seconds
    - vicecannon of venom: 459 poison damage per second for 15 seconds + heal

In general, the strength of the damage types is:
    [oblivion] > [bleed] > [elemental (including poison and disease)] > [physical & magical]

So how is sload’s balanced in comparison to similar sets when it does the highest damage per second while also having the best damage type in the game?

A set doing oblivion damage should only perform better against shielded targets or enemies with high resistances/block. At the moment however, sload’s is even stronger against a target with 0 resistances, no shields and no block up - a situation where oblivion damage should perform the worst because all of its damage type strengths are irrelevant.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Why is everyone defending sload’s ignoring the comparison with other 5 piece single target DOT proc sets?

- sload’s semblance: 853 oblivion damage per second for 6 seconds
    - viper’s sting: 800 poison damage per second for 4 seconds
    - sheer venom: 702 poison damage per second for 6 seconds
    - vicecannon of venom: 459 poison damage per second for 15 seconds + heal

In general, the strength of the damage types is:
    [oblivion] > [bleed] > [elemental (including poison and disease)] > [physical & magical]

So how is sload’s balanced in comparison to similar sets when it does the highest damage per second while also having the best damage type in the game?

A set doing oblivion damage should only perform better against shielded targets or enemies with high resistances/block. At the moment however, sload’s is even stronger against a target with 0 resistances, no shields and no block up - a situation where oblivion damage should perform the worst because all of its damage type strengths are irrelevant.

This^

Which why you see so many people using it. The set is grossly unbalanced in the extreme compared to any other similar sets.
    Edited by Sureshawt on June 14, 2018 5:26PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Im gonna be the brave guy and blame it on the "testers" of summerset. They went there to test stuff, they saw this abomination and instead of raising hell, they came back telling us about the beautiful architecture of summerset and the underwhelming jewellery protective trait.