Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Sloads in Battle Grounds

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    The only redeeming feature of sloads is that it keeps nightbladss out of cloak, which finally gives the other classes an effective counter that doesn’t force them to completely handicap themselves against the he nightblade for when the NB decides to kite or fight back.

If the “fix” to sloads is that it’ll no longer keep NBs out of cloak. I’ll finally give up and just accept the fact that ZOS wants all decent players playing stamblade. I’ll finish mine and play it exclusively until such a time that the ZOS devs stop playing it as their main.

Maybe you should finish it first and see what it actually feels like from the other side before going around with assumptions like that. I dont even slot cloak at all on my stamblade, so no it's not hurting me in that way directly. I just dislike how people assume stamblades are EZ-mode without playing one.

Not to mention that there are tons of counters to cloak alone. From magelight and flare to all the ground aoes, tornado, bombard and specific stealth preventing skills... Oh also Detect pots, which btw, every experienced player uses.
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 3, 2018 9:09PM
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikegundy wrote: »
    As a magsorc, what exactly is my counter to this?
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?
    Use healing ward, oh wait it goes through that.

39daabc74f9552e880bc778e2a3b73e3.png

63b0a296780a4099f0228a9ec7aeb034.png

It's insane to me that you can have 36k health in Zaan, Knightslayer, and Sloads and still do insane amounts of dmg with no counterplay. These free dmg sets(sloads, zaan, valkyn, duroks, etc.) need to be looked at immediately.

I have three heals on my bar, and I deal with Sloads just fine. As soon as they fix the new drink I'll have 1k health regen as well which will mitigate most of Sloads damage.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    The only redeeming feature of sloads is that it keeps nightbladss out of cloak, which finally gives the other classes an effective counter that doesn’t force them to completely handicap themselves against the he nightblade for when the NB decides to kite or fight back.

If the “fix” to sloads is that it’ll no longer keep NBs out of cloak. I’ll finally give up and just accept the fact that ZOS wants all decent players playing stamblade. I’ll finish mine and play it exclusively until such a time that the ZOS devs stop playing it as their main.

Maybe you should finish it first and see what it actually feels like from the other side before going around with assumptions like that. I dont even slot cloak at all on my stamblade, so no it's not hurting me in that way directly. I just dislike how people assume stamblades are EZ-mode without playing one.

Not to mention that there are tons of counters to cloak alone. From magelight and flare to all the ground aoes, tornado, bombard and specific stealth preventing skills... Oh also Detect pots, which btw, every experienced player uses.

Yeah every single one of those counters you listed will handicap the player for the rest of the fight. Especially the detect pots, which I do use. They only work against really bad nightblades.

Also I don’t think stamblades are EZ mode. I think it has one of the highest skill caps in the game. But I think that in the right hands it is by far the strongest class in the game in 1v1 and Xv1 and open world situations right now.
    Edited by Thogard on June 3, 2018 9:32PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    You guys all need to L2P. You are all scrubs. The pros said that its very easy to outheal it. :trollface:

Trolling with the truth, at least you are starting to learn...
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Yeah every single one of those counters you listed will handicap the player for the rest of the fight. Especially the detect pots, which I do use. They only work against really bad nightblades.

Also I don’t think stamblades are EZ mode. I think it has one of the highest skill caps in the game. But I think that in the right hands it is by far the strongest class in the game in 1v1 and Xv1 and open world situations right now.

Not every single one.

I would really hate to handicap other players in fighting stealthed NBs by changing 1 skill on their bar.

It's totally fine to handicap stealthed NBs into not using cloak anymore and finding a completely new build.
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Right, because heavy armor counters Sloads. Oh wait ...

I don't even heavy in BGs. Medium spin2win or light proc all the way lol

Impregnable medium. Yum!!!
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very much looking forward to BG's this patch with the changes to the matchmaking and the fact that they are now available for F2P players. That being said I have no fun in BG's in the current meta. It's all Sload's, recourse cost poisons, and proc sets. I can either play a stand-up build and perform sub-optimally, or I can join in the cheese and perform well while being bored of the stale combat. I have nothing good to say about the current state of BG's, or any PvP for that matter.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ironically having to adjust your setup to deal with sloads is very similar to having to adjust your setup just to deal with NBs. Cloak needs a little adjustment but sloads is not the answer.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 4, 2018 2:37PM
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Ironically having to adjust your setup to deal with sloads is very similar to having to adjust your setup just to deal with NBs. Cloak needs a little adjustment but sloads is not the answer.

The problem with Invis in an game with no skill cooldowns, is that it's either absurdly strong or borderline useless depending on whether the opponent has a hard counter or not. There's never really a middle ground.

You get Marked or Sloaded (or detect potted before the pot nerf) and you're screwed. If the opponent does not have that hard counter you can always escape the fight if it's not going your way and there's next to nothing they can do. Especially these days when you can combine it with Undo and the buffed Shadow Image. You can just troll people for days.

It's an extremely strong ability that is hard to balance. Hence why other games generally balance it by giving it a long CD, but without any hard counters to it.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

The problem with Invis in an game with no skill cooldowns, is that it's either absurdly strong or borderline useless depending on whether the opponent has a hard counter or not. There's never really a middle ground.

You get Marked or Sloaded (or detect potted before the pot nerf) and you're screwed. If the opponent does not have that hard counter you can always escape the fight if it's not going your way and there's next to nothing they can do. Especially these days when you can combine it with Undo and the buffed Shadow Image. You can just troll people for days.

It's an extremely strong ability that is hard to balance. Hence why other games generally balance it by giving it a long CD, but without any hard counters to it.

That is what I would like to see happen with cloak.

Sloads just needs a cooldown or swapped to a bleed.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorcs got enough damage to kill a sload user before the dots start to stack.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

That is what I would like to see happen with cloak.

Sloads just needs a cooldown or swapped to a bleed.

Id rather see sloads converted to a magivka based set to give ranged casters a strong dot based kiting setup option. There are already enough bleeds, but if one wants to make a lethal dot based ranged caster its very hard, especially if you arent a mag blade.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah pretty much. The angle that zos tried to take which is unlike other MMOs that deal woth with stealth, was to give it a short duration and noticable cost. Most other mmos put invis on an out of combat criteria and provide a long CD ability that forces invis in combat.

This is just one of the many examples of the obvious flaws in borrowing traditional conventions from mmos with strict CD balance on skills and applying them to an mmo which is only restricted by resource managment.
    Options
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    if 4 people all cast their ultimate on you, you die, how is this set any different?

You are comparing four people using an ultimate ability to a crafted five piece set. Please remove yourself from this discussion.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man, I am glad I'm a hybrid.
    Kupoking wrote: »
    Mag sorcs got enough damage to kill a sload user before the dots start to stack.

Not if they build for sustain or max mag, which I'm guessing are the sorcs complaining the loudest about it. Sloads is actually a set that punishes anyone that isn't running a glass cannon build, at least when Sloads stacked. You can do little to nothing, unless you can keep resto ult up and avoid all other damage until the enemies run out of mag/stam OR you run 3-4 sources of healing. Even then, if 4 or more people and its combined with knightslayer + lightning/destro staff users you're pretty much guaranteed death without resto ult or another healing ult if you are solo. If you are defiled under those conditions, I hope you have enough stam to roll 2-3 times or you're also dead.
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    I was very much looking forward to BG's this patch with the changes to the matchmaking and the fact that they are now available for F2P players. That being said I have no fun in BG's in the current meta. It's all Sload's, recourse cost poisons, and proc sets. I can either play a stand-up build and perform sub-optimally, or I can join in the cheese and perform well while being bored of the stale combat. I have nothing good to say about the current state of BG's, or any PvP for that matter.

You get bout 7 seconds of fighting before a fight is decided. Pretty much the worst pvp from any MMO I have played.
    Edited by Hutch679 on June 6, 2018 3:30PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if 4 people all cast their ultimate on you, you die, how is this set any different?

You are comparing four people using an ultimate ability to a crafted five piece set. Please remove yourself from this discussion.

if 4 people are attacking you then yes you should die, and especially if they are all casting their ultimates on you at the same time. and if 4 people are all wearing sloads and attack you then it is the same exact thing.
    4 people are going to kill you no matter what their wearing and no matter what their casting or using is the point.
    the idea that 1 person can take on a group or a zerg is just stupid and THAT is what is broken, not the armor set, not the skill, no, its the broken and over powered builds that are the problem, not the skills and not the armor sets.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if 4 people are attacking you then yes you should die, and especially if they are all casting their ultimates on you at the same time. and if 4 people are all wearing sloads and attack you then it is the same exact thing.
    4 people are going to kill you no matter what their wearing and no matter what their casting or using is the point.
    the idea that 1 person can take on a group or a zerg is just stupid and THAT is what is broken, not the armor set, not the skill, no, its the broken and over powered builds that are the problem, not the skills and not the armor sets.

Should a chess grandmaster lose to 50 amateur players he takes on in a simultaneous match (or, even more accurate, a consultation match)?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Should a chess grandmaster lose to 50 amateur players he takes on in a simultaneous match (or, even more accurate, a consultation match)?

yeah that's not what we are talking about, we are talking about overpowered builds in an mmo, is no comparison to chess.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah that's not what we are talking about, we are talking about overpowered builds in an mmo, is no comparison to chess.

It’s exactly what we are talking about. The chess master doesn’t lose to amateurs because of his skill. The only way you can say ESO is different is saying skill shouldn’t be a factor in determining who wins a fight. Which ironically is the proc set route all the way.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the same problem in Cyrodiil. The set and major defile (with cp) is a big balance-issue in pvp atm

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s exactly what we are talking about. The chess master doesn’t lose to amateurs because of his skill. The only way you can say ESO is different is saying skill shouldn’t be a factor in determining who wins a fight. Which ironically is the proc set route all the way.

no, we are not talking about chess, we are talking about an mmo, and a weak armor set that only does areound 5000 damage and that takes 6 seconds ...

Sload’s Semblance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus
    (2 items) 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) 129 Spell Damage - 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

so you are telling me you cannot handle around 5000 damage during a fight in 6 seconds?
    the sloads armor set is weak and does not need any changes made to it.
    that has nothing to do with chess nor anything about skill, it has to do with an mmo and a set of armor in that mmo.
    Options
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I am strictly responding to the Duroks users and this in no way means that I endorse Sloads. Have you ever thought that you are using a game mechanic that debuffs/ procs a debuff and that maybe this doesn't equal skill? I.e. They use probs u use procs...
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If one player is more skilled than four players and can manage to outplay them, then they deserve to win. What players like you don’t seem to understand is that regardless of gear, at an even skill level, no player can take on even two others of the same caliber. Stop blaming gear and builds and realize that if you are struggling to Xv1 certain players, then you’re just a bad player.

What’s your @name or character name btw? Bet all your posts would make sense if you divulged that information.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the set is so weak and has nothing to do with overcoming a skill gap, why then do people defend it like no tomorrow?
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean fifty moves before he gets to go once right? Because otherwise your argument literally makes no sense....
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magsorc, what exactly is my counter to this?
    Slot a 711 hps mutagen?
    Use healing ward, oh wait it goes through that.

39daabc74f9552e880bc778e2a3b73e3.png

63b0a296780a4099f0228a9ec7aeb034.png

It's insane to me that you can have 36k health in Zaan, Knightslayer, and Sloads and still do insane amounts of dmg with no counterplay. These free dmg sets(sloads, zaan, valkyn, duroks, etc.) need to be looked at immediately.

Ok ... Valkyn is fine back off ...

Though I feel your sentiment ... If a screen death recap is all prox set then clearly something wrong ... Basically that person only has to be present at the fight to win not actually participate ...
    Options
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭

So basically you want to nerf anyone who plays by themselves? Solo players already have it hard enough, now you literally want to take away the chance to even have a fight.Why not just take away all skills/builds/everything and just make it a number game? If you have more people you automatically win, that sounds good right? No, no it does not.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

You mean fifty moves before he gets to go once right? Because otherwise your argument literally makes no sense....

It does. It’s about fighting outnumbered and skill.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So basically you want to nerf anyone who plays by themselves? Solo players already have it hard enough, now you literally want to take away the chance to even have a fight.Why not just take away all skills/builds/everything and just make it a number game? If you have more people you automatically win, that sounds good right? No, no it does not.

no, i am not asking for a nerf.
    only asking for a Nerf to overpowered builds.
    i am 98% of the time solo.
    Options