Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with Vampires. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • TrapLord
    TrapLord
    ✭✭✭
    I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.

I feel that Vampirism should be looked at, and the 25% flame damage should be 10-15% at most.

25% is just not fair. Seeing as how flame staffs already deal direct damage, and light and heavy attacks scale so much better of Max Magicka, vampires take way to much damage during this Summerset patch.
  • Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest pain point is how vampires look. It's been said and said again, but vampires look terrifying compared to their predecessors. The only way to turn it off is to use a skin, which some players don't want to do because skins, like vampires, drastically change the look of your character. I understand why vampires look like the way they look, but they don't at all look like vampires in previous Elder Scrolls games. Plus, this is one of the biggest problems a lot of the community has with vampires.

A majority of the community probably wants this change, from what I've seen from multiple threads popping up talking about this. This is just a cosmetic discussion and I think it's one of the biggest downsides for picking vampire. I won't focus on possibly solutions, but one option could be an option to hide vampire, just like hide helm. Another could be updating the vampire look since it has been 4 years, it could use a bit of a touch-up. This is my opinion and I know others would disagree, but I hope there can be some common ground established at the meeting.

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Appearance. I never notice that my opponent is a vampire based on their character model and make changes to my play accordingly, so I don't really see the appearance as a meaningful balance consideration.
    2. Wording on Undeath passive could be made more clear/explicit.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Ugly without hope of de-uglying
    2. Mist Form is too much of a crutch for all classes as an escape.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ive been a Vampire since i started the game on my stamina nightblade and boy do i got some grips and issues.

1: Rework the stages and passives so i have a reason to feed in pvp.

I used to be able to feed in pvp, stay stage 1, retain all my passives and have decent health recovery. I would still be vulnerable to fire damage but that was okay. The only grip i had was that i had to feed every 30 minutes. 30 minutes in cryodill is not a long time and it got tedious.. but i honestly would beg for this system to come back because i actually fed on people in cryodill to remain a powerful vampire with some health regen. Now im just stage 4 ugly and hungry all the time.

2: Clouding Swarm needs to go back to invis bats!

3: Stamina vampires. Nothing scales for them? No disease damage bats?

4: Lastly Undeath is to strong. Needs a rework i would say.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Lack of skill diversity. Mist form is the only useful skill, even the ultimate sucks.
    2. Looks. They really look terrible, even for a terrible look this is terrible. Bad terrible. Terrible that sucks.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire basics:
    Elusive Mist and Devouring Swarm (no one uses the other morphs)
    Even the drain, if used, is more likely the ult gen morph vs. the minor expedition morph (is that still the morph? I don't know anymore because it isn't useful.)

Also I know people have been asking for a proper 5 skills+ult for the vampire line. They'll will probably chime in soon.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    1) I would vote for more skill diversity please. People only really become vamp for the passives

2) Feeding... really don’t like the vampires feed. What happened to stealthy/‘normal’ feeding?

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us a normal skin option. Seriously. There are already a bunch of collectibles that allow you to not look like a vamp when you are a vamp already.

But in general: it would be cool to have strains of vampires that would have different susceptibilities to elements, so that Dragonknights could stop having such a big advantage over vamps. You could have vampires vulnerable to frost, but that would have a reduction on Magica spells. Or lightning-vulnerable Vampire that would have an increased duration to snares they apply. I don't know, figure it out, but something that would make it more interesting across the board.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Ugly
    2) Vamp should not be required for mag PVP but since mistform is the only way to drop a ground based slow, and they are everywhere, it is.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Vamps feel half-complete. Why aren't there illusion skills or invisibility options? Vampires are masters of illusion but have no illusion-type skills, and you took away the only invisibility they had when you changed the ultimate.

2) The Dark Stalker passive that removes sneak speed penalty causes the player to look extremely goofy when sneaking. Just speed up the sneak animation or make longer sneaking strides.
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    rework Mist Form to allow resource regen/healing, take normal damage, and give short snare/root immunity
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 problem is that being a vampire confers a lot of benefits with very little disadvantage to offset those benefits. Basically everyone is heavily incentivized to run a vampire, but the choice shouldn't be so heavily weighted one way. Vampires get +10% resource recovery, some damage reduction, and faster sneak speed. The increased fire damage is trivial. The health recovery determent is irrelevant since recovery is a very minor thing and most healing comes from active healing. Suggestion: reduce the vampire health recovery determent to 10/20/30/40% (0/10/20/30% with passive) but make it affect all sources of healing (except healing from vampire skills). This will make the choice more balanced so that vampire won't be mandatory in endgame content.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on May 31, 2018 7:09PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been a vamp for years but I don’t even use Mist Form anymore. Literally the only reason I use it is for Undeath, the single most underrated passive around.

I’m actually good with it the way it is except for one thing ... bat swarm needs to be made equal (or similar) to the destro ultimate. There’s no reason to use it now.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) VERY IMPORTANT
    We need a way to preview what our characters would look like as vampires (stage 4 at least) before making the commitment to become one (and potential $ spent).

2) Sort of important
    Too long of a cast time on Invigorating Drain, in return decrease the range or make it avoidable or take off the stun (to appease the PvPers). Kinda hard for a tank to heal while it can't block for 3 seconds (because in 3 seconds its taking a crapload of damage).
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) Not enough vampirism skills.

Vampires have various abilities in TES

TES Legends have a few blood magic spell cards:
    Corpse Curse - which shackles opponents and so in ESO could be a snare or CC
    Gargoyle - Summon a gargoyle

2) Release the vampire lord polymorph! Whether its a polymorph, a transformation like werewolf or a skin from a dungeon, give it to us please!

Thanks for listening to us either way
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take away the nessecities of being vampire. Like the regen, undeath passive. Make vampire more somthing that is a choice for players and not a requirement for magica PVP.

Take away the negatives of being vampire against other players. Give us an ultimate that makes sense. I mean...pull a swarm of bats out of ur tail end? Are all vampires now animal whisperers? Give us a bust hit, so tired of this delayed magic ultimates. Makes pvp bad requiring you to run dawnbreaker on a fearsome vampire magplar.

Keep the look. The look should be the requirement downside. I personally love the look. Removing the regen and unearth would make it not a requirement.

Revamp mist form....after you revamp magplar and mag dk. Give magplar a similar skill to mist form, so that we don't all have to be vampires in cyrodil to survive.

Controlling the snares in this game would be a huge first step to balancing the vampire plague in game
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and make drain go through block
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    #1 problem is that being a vampire confers a lot of benefits with very little disadvantage to offset those benefits. Basically everyone is heavily incentivized to run a vampire, but the choice shouldn't be so heavily weighted one way. Vampires get +10% resource recovery, some damage reduction, and faster sneak speed. The increased fire damage is trivial. The health recovery determent is irrelevant since recovery is a very minor thing and most healing comes from active healing. Suggestion: reduce the vampire health recovery determent to 10/20/30/40% (0/10/20/30% with passive) but make it affect all sources of healing (except healing from vampire skills). This will make the choice more balanced so that vampire won't be mandatory in endgame content.

This sounds like a pve perspective.

Extra fire damage in pvp is a big deal as dawn breakers are prominent.

Fire damage needs reduction

The ugly vamp skin acne has to go
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has built their character entirely around the Vampiric skillset (as is demonstrated in my Sig), I believe most of the Vampiric abilities are very good and balanced as is (Devouring Swarm, both Morphs of Drain, and Elusive Mist are excellent abilities)...

However there are some things that (IMHO) need to be improved:

1) Baleful Mist...

This ability is simply not very good.

It is very slow, is very easy to evade by enemies, and even when combined with the Vampire Lord gear (which gives +400 spell damage to Vampiric Abilities) simply doesnt do significant damage (admittedly, I am judging it as pertains to PvP)...

Now its damage can cause certain sets to Proc (like Icehearts, Veli, or Grothdar) which is nice, but even with that its simply inferior to Elusive Mist...

IMO, the fix with this would be to increase Baleful Mists damage and/or increase its area of effect...

Alternatively, adding an AoE short duration snare would make this ability much more attractive as well...

2) The Vampire Lord gear itself...

The Vampire Lord gear gives the user +400 Spell Damage to Vampiric abilities and reduces the Cost of Vampiric abilities by 5%; this appears to be good, but there is another set in this game which buffs the Spell Damage of Vampiric abilities to the exact same degree as Vampiric Lord (War Maiden) with the added benefit of buffing the Spell Damage of all Magic Based abilities by 400 (and all Vampiric abilities are Magic based damage)...

In short, War Maiden is stepping on Vampire Lord's toes...

The fix to this would be to increase either the Spell Damage that Vampire Lord provides and/or increase the reduction to the Cost of Vampiric abilities (and IMHO this is reasonable as the gear can only buff a maximum of 3 abilities; War Maiden can buff a maximum of 12)...

Anyway, thats my two cents, and thanx for your time...

:)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 1, 2018 7:05AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Appearance. Yeah, nyah-nyah you chose to be a vampire just deal with it, etc. Don't like it on my characters, and don't like that it's required of anybody else. I know I'm fighting vamps in Cyrodiil, no need for a neon sign.

2. Give me somewhere else to get fast sneak speed and my nightblades might not choose vampire; I'd like that option. One of the green CP trees would be appropriate, I think. Give me somewhere else to get expedition and escape and my templar would definitely not be a vampire, it's very non-templar and I hate that combination a lot. Keep drain and mist and bats and and undeath all vampire-only, I'm not asking for the moon and stars, but those two things available in some other way would be a nice change, and mean fewer unhappy-to-be-here vamps.

I have three vampire characters, and no real complaints about the abilities or passives, or the fire or prismatic damage either, which balance it all out pretty well imo.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Undeath too strong
    2. New bats is absolutely terrible (meaning everyone runs devouring)
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Discoloring khajiit hair. Fix this please as surely it's unintentional
    2 Sneak speed shouldn't require a disfigured face in elder scrolls.
    3 Did you see the part about khajiit hair? Please take a piece of your hair and see if theres blood in there.
    4 take a piece of cat hait and see if there's blood.

On a side note, how on earth did they ever think it would be okay to ruin khajiit hair like that based on vampirism?
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra fire damage in pvp is a big deal as dawn breakers are prominent.

Fire damage needs reduction

Bruh... Dawnbreaker doesn't do fire damage. That was Skyrim, not ESO.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: get rid of the non devouring swarm bats...make it go invisible again.

2: feeding on enemies should generate ultimate and debuff an opponent with fracture to make it more appealing in PvP
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Fire damage is way excessive for what I need vamp for and what it offers. There is absolutely no way for me to kill magedks in pvp. All I use vamp for is the reduced sneak speed because I enjoy the movement in stealth. Otherwise the game feels sluggish.

2. Wish there were better damage skills and more options. Drain is wonky and not really practical in pvp.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    1: get rid of the non devouring swarm bats...make it go invisible again.

2: feeding on enemies should generate ultimate and debuff an opponent with fracture to make it more appealing in PvP

You mean clouding swarm. Devouring swarm is actually a good ult.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Appearance
    2. Only mean to achieve fast sneak speed for group pvp
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Absolutely required for some classes in PvP... it's plugging up class weaknesses instead of being a choice
    2. Needs a full skill line
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    1. Fire damage is way excessive for what I need vamp for and what it offers. There is absolutely no way for me to kill magedks in pvp. All I use vamp for is the reduced sneak speed because I enjoy the movement in stealth. Otherwise the game feels sluggish.

2. Wish there were better damage skills and more options. Drain is wonky and not really practical in pvp.

Accelerating Drain is really good in PvP (IMHO) especially since:

1) You get the 20 seconds of Minor Expedition even if you immediately cancel out of the Drain...

2) This abilities Minor Expedition stacks with the Major Expedition provided by Elusive Mist...

3) This abilities Minor Expedition works while you are in stealth and if you are on horseback...

To each his own, but I think the ability is very good...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s