Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Why is Sload's still not nerfed?

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    and best about it, it is craftable, no long grind to have it!
    think I give it a try on my stamsorc ;)

Heh and only 6 traits at that... this set would of made more sense as a 9 trait set...ah well...will be interesting to see if changed before PS4 launch

Until then, lets pass the popcorn around.

Though if it doesn't get changed for console, I'll have to put purge in my flex skill slot!

Rumor has it, it cant be purged.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    and best about it, it is craftable, no long grind to have it!
    think I give it a try on my stamsorc ;)

Heh and only 6 traits at that... this set would of made more sense as a 9 trait set...ah well...will be interesting to see if changed before PS4 launch

Until then, lets pass the popcorn around.

Though if it doesn't get changed for console, I'll have to put purge in my flex skill slot!

Rumor has it, it cant be purged.

Then can a nice person on PC check for us console plebs?
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload.
    Options
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP or not, Niche or not, i'll surely slot full oblivion cancer knight armor with shield breaker + Sloads + infused just for the hate mails. Gotta refill my salty tears stash after the viper + tremor nerf :smile:

Edit: As a side note, ZOS could very well add a oblivion damage monster helm, just for the lulz
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on May 23, 2018 3:18PM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are NBs running sloads and knight slayer in BGs on top of how *** up strong incap strike is. I’m sorry but this is bs. If you’re magicka and you get hit with those two armor combos your health is shredded. At that point the player is no longer even doing any of the work. Put defile on top of that and there’s really no counterplay. Sloads should never have been introduced.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 23, 2018 5:08PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it takes a Long time to light attack through sorcerers shields.
    3 to 5 minutes with light attacks.
    remember, shield breaker only works with light and heavy attacks, and they can outheal those attacks. so be carefull.

heavy attacks take a Long time to use and pretty much useless.
    light attacks is the fastest way and it takes a long time to light attack a shield spamming sorcerer.

using shield breaker makes fighting shield stacking sorcerers a fair fight.

if a stealther like me wears sloads it will take me out of stealth = stupid.
    i have no intention of stacking like that because it will get me killed.
    just 1 set is good enough. the other sets just pull you out of stealth.

TLDR
    stick with shield breaker and your good, and makes fighting shield stackers a fair fight and wont pull you out of stealth.

Edited by Gilvoth on May 23, 2018 5:15PM
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Biro123

I actually found the “@Blobsky just wants everything nerfed he can’t abuse on his mDK” from the beginning of the thread much funnier. Because mDK is one of the classes that’s best suited for it because it really adds pressure to their whole CC toolkit.

@Biro123 not to mention I WILL use it until nerfed lmao
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    The set is absolutely fine, just make it so that the same dot from 2 different sources doesn't stack and you solved the Xv1 issue, done. It's not even as cancerous as Viper, Velidreth and all the other crap used to be, so I don't get the outcry.

It is because there is simply no counterplay. Viper and everything was pure *** and shouldn't have made it into the game.
    But sloads gives you so many free kills it's ridiculous.
    Defile build + sloads or infused torugs + oblivion damage and sloads and you can wreck any NB any sorc and any stamspec that's running around without any issues.
    That set is completely unbalanced and has to go.

I like it on my mag DK, i can finally kill stuff without having to fight for 5min+ since it adds a lot of pressure, it's fine imo. But you can't nerf it for some classes because it's too broken or whatever without making it absolutely useless on other classes.

Edit: Haha seems like the problem is once again on stamina characters + sloads.

I use it on magdk and it is incredibly clear that the set is broken.

DC EU Nightblade
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Oh look. NB complains about set that disables their skill, oooooh, but shieldbreaker is ok? :) TBH sload is way way more balanced than SB. 850 dmg can be easily outhealed by rapid regen or vigor ticking (with vigor up you won't even notice that you're getting hit) skills available to everyone. On top of that NB can use Rally or Strife + shadow image when it goes really bad. If you as a NB have problems with surviving without cloak, you need to l2p, really. Cloak can be broken by so many things that learning when to kite and when to cloak is basic knowledge for every NB.

What sorc can do against SB? 100% GUARANTEED 2K DAMAGE EVERY HALF A SECOND? Sorcs don't have any other option than run away and try to LOS.

As someone who plays both mentioned classes (and I enjoy my NBs more than sorcs)9, I can easily compare sload and SB, and guess what? Sload is not even close to how broken SB is.

I hate hypocrisy. When SB was introduced everyone except of sorcs were like "yay awesome", but now when we're getting much less broken set that can be used against anybody suddenly forum fills with threads like this.

I play magdk, magplar, magnb and magsorc. Mostly the first 2. I use it on magdk currently and can tell you nobody will survive that damage lol

DC EU Nightblade
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Perhaps because player healing output grossly outclasses this set in every way?

There are far better and more powerful sets too run...more useful ones too..

Name any other set that guarantees 1k damage every second of the fight until the end no matter resistances etc.

Well, lets see...Just from Clockwork DLC..

Mad Tinkerer:
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to summon a Verminous Fabricant that charges the nearest enemy, dealing 10,000 Shock Damage to all enemies in its path, knocking them into the air, and stunning them for 2 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Unfathomable Darkness:
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to call a murder of crows around you for 12 seconds. Every 3 seconds a crow will be sent to peck the closest enemy within 12 meters of you, dealing 4000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »

Name any other set that guarantees 1k damage every second of the fight until the end no matter resistances etc.

Mad Tinkerer:
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to summon a Verminous Fabricant that charges the nearest enemy, dealing 10,000 Shock Damage to all enemies in its path, knocking them into the air, and stunning them for 2 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Unfathomable Darkness:
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to call a murder of crows around you for 12 seconds. Every 3 seconds a crow will be sent to peck the closest enemy within 12 meters of you, dealing 4000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Again, that’s neither guaranteed damage nor damage you can’t mitigate.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »

Mad Tinkerer:

Unfathomable Darkness:

No. They fail.
    Are you forgetting they get halfed with battle spirit? Are you forgetting they can be shielded/blocked? Are you forgetting their damage is reduced by any and all mitigation in game?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shianna wrote: »
    i love sorc tears ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Gnozo wrote: »
    I love forum warriors without any experience and knowledge about the game.

biased much? forum warrior with like 5 Posts :D

The nightblade tears are just as bad on this one. Getting denied cloak for 6 seconds isn’t fun.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Time for me to get gooder I guess.
    Options
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running this with Vipers and Troll king since SS dropped leave my build alone!
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave the set alone. We finally get a set to counter crazy mitigation: cloak, shields, big burst heals, perms blockers.

Intellectually dishonest if you don't think crazy mitigation capacity still isn't prevalent in this game. We need sources for counters.

We need options to blow s*** up!
    Edited by Skoomah on May 23, 2018 11:15PM
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Leave the set alone. We finally get a set to counter crazy mitigation: cloak, shields, big burst heals, perms blockers.

Intellectually dishonest if you don't think crazy mitigation capacity still isn't prevalent in this game. We need sources for counters.

Intellectual dishonesty is to not look for the problem on your end. To promote a counter to everything as balance because you need a crutch. To ignore arguments made.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Are you implying you lacked the options to "blow *** up", or counter strong builds before Sload?

Or that you need crutch sets to become competitive? Versus just making a strong build and playing well?
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Between this thread and the other 7.5k views for Sload threads with 300+ comments and no dev comment. Seems strange to me.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412553/can-anyone-check-if-they-fixed-sloads-breaking-cloak-please#latest

FINALLY someone actually gets it. If a set is over-performing and they are in the newest DLC or Chapter, ZO$ will not nerf it.

Why? Because it means that once people get word that "ermahgew this set is OP everyone is wearing it nerf pls" anyone who hasn't purchased to chapter will want to purchase it to use the new "meta" set.

Same thing as Siroria and Reliquen for PvE. These sets will obviously over-perform against pre-summerset sets. Why do you think they buffed the trial sets so quickly in PTS?
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    PC NA 400+ CP
    nerf ping please
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More and more ppl are running around with this set now, and cant rly blame them. Its grossly op compared to anything else.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This set is just honestly bad for everyone, try healing through this defiled and with resource poisons on you, it can proc before it even runs out from every tic of anything. Thats an insane amount of uptime on a set that cant be mitigated in any form.

Anything with this and defile is completely going to melt players, not to mention combining it with the other forms of oblivion damage. It cant be purged and even if it could theres only 1 class with easy access to purge.

Stam against this has no chance and sorcs and nbs are doa
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between this thread and the other 7.5k views for Sload threads with 300+ comments and no dev comment. Seems strange to me.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412553/can-anyone-check-if-they-fixed-sloads-breaking-cloak-please#latest

FINALLY someone actually gets it. If a set is over-performing and they are in the newest DLC or Chapter, ZO$ will not nerf it.

Why? Because it means that once people get word that "ermahgew this set is OP everyone is wearing it nerf pls" anyone who hasn't purchased to chapter will want to purchase it to use the new "meta" set.

Same thing as Siroria and Reliquen for PvE. These sets will obviously over-perform against pre-summerset sets. Why do you think they buffed the trial sets so quickly in PTS?

if the set was bind on equip i might agree.
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This set needs to be nerfed or flat out changed
    Edited by ezio45 on May 24, 2018 12:37AM
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads has less than 40% of the damage potential of the Shield Breaker 5 piece effect, and hybrid 2&3 piece bonuses. Definitely inferior against light armor builds.

It’s more useful against tanks and Stam builds that may not have a shield active, but that is the tradeoff for being weaker against magicka builds.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is Sloads breaking cloak.
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads has less than 40% of the damage potential of the Shield Breaker 5 piece effect, and hybrid 2&3 piece bonuses. Definitely inferior against light armor builds.

It’s more useful against tanks and Stam builds that may not have a shield active, but that is the tradeoff for being weaker against magicka builds.

ya but it can be used with shield breaker
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For the love of god please, enough with this nonsense. Sload can be sold to anyone, its not exclusive to players who own summerset. And the bottom line for how much zos has to gain by hypothetically overtuning gear and locking it behind dlc is so abysmally small in the grand scheme of things. I mean seriously, no one is going to use this set in end game pve (ie players who are likely buying the chapter regardless) and you are out of your damn mind if you think the profitable return exclusively from pvpers buying the chapter just to get their hands on it (which is irrelevant since it is crafted) is significant in anyway. The same applies for those that actually desire the bis setups vs the mass of players that just want to play summer set who dont even care.

Just like how warden was made way over the top to sell morrowind right? Or how orsinium was p2w because of maelstrom weapons and julianos?

Sload may be strong (i dont think its op personally), but it has nothing to do with selling summerset. Jesus christ.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Just like how warden was made way over the top to sell morrowind right? Or how orsinium was p2w because of maelstrom weapons and julianos?

actually ^ that part is true

Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Oh look. NB complains about set that disables their skill, oooooh, but shieldbreaker is ok? :) TBH sload is way way more balanced than SB. 850 dmg can be easily outhealed by rapid regen or vigor ticking (with vigor up you won't even notice that you're getting hit) skills available to everyone. On top of that NB can use Rally or Strife + shadow image when it goes really bad. If you as a NB have problems with surviving without cloak, you need to l2p, really. Cloak can be broken by so many things that learning when to kite and when to cloak is basic knowledge for every NB.

What sorc can do against SB? 100% GUARANTEED 2K DAMAGE EVERY HALF A SECOND? Sorcs don't have any other option than run away and try to LOS.

As someone who plays both mentioned classes (and I enjoy my NBs more than sorcs)9, I can easily compare sload and SB, and guess what? Sload is not even close to how broken SB is.

I hate hypocrisy. When SB was introduced everyone except of sorcs were like "yay awesome", but now when we're getting much less broken set that can be used against anybody suddenly forum fills with threads like this.

There is a difference between countering a skill and totally disabling it.

Shields have 1 job which is absorb any incoming dmg and if someone there is using shieldbreaker yes dmg from the set will go under shields but everything else wont. Cloak have also 1 job which is allowing You to temporarily exit the combat to stop taking dmg and refresh combat on demand. Sload counters that completly totally taking away the only thing Cloak is used for which is especially painfull on magicka nb (stamblade can still pretty well work around this issue to certain limits).

There is much more magsorc can do against shieldbreaker then magblade can do agaisnt Sload's.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah no. Nightblades want a ‘free pass’ from the disastrous effects of this set.

No way. Not unless the damage can be blocked and shielded too.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how zenimax instead of dealing with source of the issue which are brainless defensives creates half measures that also makes payable content looks more attractive for potential buyers. I wouldnt be supprised if there will be oblivion dmg monster set in new dungeon pack.
    Options